KEAM 2017 Admit Card, Syllabus and Preparation
KEAM 2017 (Kerala Engineering, Architecture, Medical) is scheduled on April 24 and April 25, 2017. The KEAM Application form must be submitted to the conducting authority by March 09, 2017. The applicants can access the KEAM Admit Card on the official website from April 12, 2017.
CEE Kerala has announced few changes in KEAM 2017. The changes in KEAM are enlisted below:
- For admissions to medical and allied programmes, CEE Kerala will consider scores of NEET 2017. But the candidates have to participate in the KEAM Allotment for admissions to the course.
- For admissions to architecture programme, scores obtained in NATA 2017 will be considered for the admissions.
- KEAM will thus, now be conducted for Engineering only in two sessions on different dates.
- Candidates who aspire for admissions to Architecture or Medical programmes have to apply for KEAM 2017 and the respective qualifying exam as well. Read More About Changes in KEAM 2017
There are 120 MCQs divided in two papers namely Paper 1-Physics & Chemistry and Paper 2 – Mathematics. The Results for KEAM 2017 will be declared online on May 25, 2017. The KEAM Allotment process commences from second week of June 2017.
The KEAM Allotment process is conducted on the basis of KEAM Rank List announced by CEE Kerala in multiple phases. The examination authority-CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examinations) Kerala conducts the Centralized Allotment process for the engineering courses.
KEAM Exam Highlights
CEE, Kerala releases applications for admissions to 180 Engineering, 74 Medical (MBBS/BDS) and 23 Architecture colleges in Kerala. The exam is open for applications from both female and male candidates. There were 56225 male candidates and 46394 female candidates last year who appeared for the exam. The major highlights of the exam are given below:
|Exam||KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam)|
|Conducting Authority||CEE, Kerala (Commissioner for Entrance Exam)|
|Number of Applications||102649 (approximately)|
|Exam Date||April 24- April 25, 2017|
|Mode||Pen and Paper format|
|Courses||Engineering (B.Tech in any discipline)|
|Test Centers||Locations in Kerala, Mumbai, New Delhi and Dubai|
|Total Seats||Engineering Seats- 56407|
|Architecture Seats- 1040|
|Medical Seats- 7100|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
KEAM 2017 Exam Dates
Those candidates interested in appearing for KEAM 2017 should apply before the last date of submission i.e. March 09, 2017. Provided below is the date wise schedule of exam that you can refer to:
Note: CEE Kerala has released the schedule of KEAM 2017:
|Security Cards along Prospectus on selected post offices for KEAM will be available from||February 01, 2017 Onwards|
|KEAM 2017 Application Form will be available from||February 01, 2017|
|Last date to submit KEAM Application form Online Application Form including fee payment is||March 09, 2017 (extended)|
|Last date of receipt of printout of form with all the documents is||March 09, 2017 (extended)|
|KEAM 2017 Admit Card can be downloaded from||April 10, 2017 Onwards|
|KEAM Entrance is scheduled on||April 24, 2017 (Physics & Chemistry)|
|April 25, 2017 (Mathematics)|
|KEAM Result will be announced on||May 25, 2017 (5 pm )|
|KEAM Merit List for Engineering will be published on||On or Before June 20, 2017|
|CAP-KEAM Counselling and KEAM Allotment begins from||2nd week of June 2017 onwards|
KNOW KEAM EXAM DATES
KEAM 2017 Eligibility
Before applying for KEAM 2017, the applicants should go through the KEAM 2017 Eligibility Criteria. Candidates applying for various engineering courses under the Kerala Agricultural University and under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University should abide by different sets of eligibility criteria.
- They must have passed 10+2 from the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or an equivalent board with 50% marks.
- Candidates must be Citizen of India/Persons of Indian Origin(PIO)/Overseas Citizenof India(OCI).
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply.
For all the Engineering Courses, read the complete details of KEAM 2017 Eligibility Criteria
KEAM 2017 Application Form
KEAM 2017 Application Form is now available on the official website. As per the new notification, the KEAM Application form will be available online but has to be submitted by posting it to the conducting authority by March 9, 2017. The KEAM 2017 Registration should be completed online. The applicants can go through the steps to fill the KEAM 2017 application form:
Step-1 Candidate’s Registration- Candidates have to register themselves on the official website. After clicking “New user Registration”, an application number will be generated and the candidates have to set a password.
Step-2 Candidate’s Login- Next step is “Candidate’s Login”. Click on the login option. Enter the application number and password you have received while registering.
Step-3 Filling up the Application Form- Enter all the basic details required to complete the process. Click on the “save” button. The candidates can review and edit the KEAM 2017 Application Form at this stage.
Step-4 Final Submission of Application- If the step 3 is correct, then you may go for step 4 and click the “final submission”. After this, no more modifications are allowed.
Step-5 Payment of Fees- Complete the payment of the fee. The fee can be paid by obtaining the security card with the prospectus or via Demand draft. Take a print out of the form.
Step-6 Send the Application Form with Documents Attached- Affix the photograph of 3.5 x 4.5 cm size. It must be same as you uploaded it online. Get it attested by the Head of the Institution or by a Gazetted Officer. Affix the left-hand thumb impression in the provided space. Get the form signed by you and your parents. Attach the required documents or certificates. Send the print document of the application form at the following address-
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala 695 001
Keep a copy of your application form for further use.
Read the step-wise details of KEAM 2017 Application Form
KEAM 2017 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid by submitting a DD or by obtaining the security card with the prospectus. The application for various categories is given in the table below:
|General Category||Rs. 800/-|
|SC Category||Rs. 400/-|
|ST Category||No Fees|
Note: If candidate opted for Dubai as examination center then they have to submit Rs.12000/- and category fee as application fee.
KEAM 2017 Admit Card
The applicants can download the KEAM Admit Card from March 28, 2017. The steps to download the KEAM 2017 Admit Card are detailed below:
- Candidate has to visit the official Website of CEE Kerala
- Then click on the link of KEAM 2017 Admit Card
- Put the appication number, DOB and Captcha
- Candidate’s Admit Card will appear on screen
- Take the print out of that Admit Card
Read the complete details of KEAM 2017 Admit Card
KEAM 2017 Exam Pattern
KEAM entrance is a pen and paper based examination. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours. The KEAM 2017 Exam Pattern consists of 120 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). For each correct answer, the candidate scores 4 marks and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted. The total marks of the examination are 480.
For Engineering courses also there will be 2 papers – Paper 1 of Chemistry & Physics on April 24, 2017 and Paper-2 of Mathematics on April 25, 2017.
|Check the course wise KEAM SYLLABUS|
Previous years’ KEAM Question Papers
To get a first hand experience of the KEAM Entrance, the candidates should practice the previous years’ KEAM Question Papers. This gives the candidates more comprehendable knowledge on the pattern of teh exam, the list of important topics and also help them to get more accquainted with the examination. Not only these, practicing the previous years’ KEAM Question Papers aids the candidates to properly manage their time on the actual day of KEAM 2017.
Download the previous years’ KEAM Question Papers.
KEAM Answer Key 2017
CEE Kerala releases the official KEAM Answer Key, once the examination is over. It aids the students to assess their performance by tallying their answers marked in the OMR sheets with the answers in the released KEAM Answer Key.
In case of any complaints regarding the official KEAM Answer Key released by the CEE Kerala, following steps can be followed:
- If any candidate has a query/doubt/complaint related to the official answer keys released by the CEE, the same should be submitted in writing to the exam conducting authority, i.e. Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Government of Kerala along with the supporting documents.
- The complaint should also be accompanied with a fee of Rs.100 per question via a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The complaint should reach the CEE Kerala office within 5 days of the release of the official KEAM answer keys.
- If the complaint filed is found to be genuine, the fee taken for the complaint shall be refunded.
- Complaints received after the mentioned stipulated time frame will not be considered under any circumstance. The decision taken by the subject expert will be final and binding.
- Necessary modifications will be made in the published answer keys.
Go through the KEAM Answer Key of all the papers for 2017
KEAM 2017 Preparation Books
It is important for the aspirants of KEAM 2017 to have a proper list of KEAM Preparation Books in order to excel in the examination. In the table below, a common list of important books is given. The candidates can check the complete list of subject- wise KEAM Preparation Books.
|12th NCERT Books|
|Organic Chemistry Guides|
|Objective Mathematics by R.D Sharma|
|Fundamentals of Physics|
KEAM 2017 Result
The KEAM Result for 2017 will be announced on May 25, 2017. Given below are the steps that the candidates must follow to check the KEAM Result:
- Visit the official website of the CEE KEAM.
- Click on the Result tab.
- Enter the credentials asked i.e. the Application Number and Roll Number in the provided columns.
- Verify the details correctly and click on Submit button.
- The KEAM Result can be viewed on the screen.
Read More About KEAM Result.
KEAM Allotment 2017
The KEAM Allotment process is conducted in consecutive rounds and according to the courses. After the declaration of results, CEE Kerala organizes the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). For KEAM 2017 Medical courses, the allotment process will commence on the last week of June tentatively. The KEAM 2017 Allotment for engineering courses will be conducted in the last week of May, 2017.
The KEAM Allotment process continues till all the seats in all the courses and colleges are filled. The first, second, third, fourth and fifth KEAM 2017 Allotment has been completed. The examination authority is conducting the Centralized Allotment process for Medical and allied courses on the basis of NEET score.
For all the latest updates, check KEAM Allotment.
KEAM Reservation 2017
The examination authority follows its own norms and regulations regarding the reservation criteria. The KEAM 2017 Reservation criteria is based on the following categories:
- Domicile candidates of Kerala State
- Candidates whose parents are working in Agriculture and fishery industries
- Parents of the candidates working as a Nurse in regular service under Government of Kerala
- Candidates who have some experience in the field of medicine
- Sports people, Person with Disability and Ex-service men
Read the complete details of percentage of seats reserved, course-wise reservation policies and other related information, KEAM 2017 Reservation.
KEAM Rank List
The rank list includes all the candidates who have qualified in the KEAM 2017. The KEAM Rank List will be prepared on the basis of the KEAM Result and the class XII marks of the candidate in a 50:50 ratio. Thus, the candidates should send the attested copies of their mark sheets of class XII or its equivalent exam or any other document required to prepare the rank lists for KEAM 2017 within the given time frame.
The rank list will be separate from one course to that of another course.
- Medical and allied courses
- BAMS course
Rank list for Engineering Courses
- Equal weightage of 50:50 shall be provided to the marks obtained by the candidate in his/her respective board and the entrance examination. The marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered if the candidate has not studied Chemistry as a subject. The marks in Biotechnology are considered if a candidate has not studied both Chemistry and Computer Science. If the candidate has not studied any of the three then marks for Biology are considered.
- The standardized mark (YBG) is calculated separately for every subject i.e. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science. The total score shall be limited to 300. The formula can be denoted as