KCET Result is expected to be released in the last week of May 2017. It will be declared on the official website of KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority). Candidates who sat for KCET from May 02 – May 04, 2017 can visit the official website of KCET i.e. kea.kar.nic.in to check their result and rank. They must enter their application number, verification code and password to access KCET Result.
Here are some key points about KCET Result:
- At the time of publication of KCET Result, a candidate’s rank will also be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number is provided.
- Note that the result for KCET 2017 will not be displayed offline.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in KCET. It will include names of all qualifying candidates.
- Admission to KCET will be based on KCET Cut Off. So, a candidate must secure the minimum set marks.
- All qualifying candidates will then proceed for KCET Counselling. It will be conducted in the month of June at the KEA, Bangalore.
KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) will begin KCET Counselling from June 3, 2017. The eligible candidates willing to take admission to different colleges through KCET, have to participate in the counselling.
- Before the counselling process, interaction sessions would be held at all the helpline centers.
- Document verification, payment of fees and other details are involved in the interaction session.
- After the document verification for KCET is over, eligible candidates will get a secret key to register at the online entry portal.
- Only after the document verification, candidates will be able to enter their choices online.
Highlights of KCET Result
|KCET Result will be declared in||May 2017|
|Result will be declared by||KEA|
|KCET Result will be declared at||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Application number, verification code and password|
|Details on Rank card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Admission will be based on||KCET Opening and Closing Rank|
|Course name||Medical, Technology & Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science and Pharmacy|
|KCET Counselling Began from||June 03, 2017|
How to Check KCET Result?
KCET 2017 Result will be declared by the KEA in the last week of May, 2017. Candidates can check the result by visiting the official website of the authority. Candidates will be required to enter their registration number on the official site to view results. Candidates may follow the below steps to check their KCET Result through online mode.
- Log into the KCET official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in
- Look for the link “Get Result”
- Click on the Result option.
- Enter required credentials i.e. 10-digit roll number and date of birth, verification code.
- Click on submit button.
- KCET Result will be displayed on the screen.
How to Challenge KCET Result Sheet?
- Candidates can challenge the result sheet by submitting their objections within three days from the KCET Result.The result for such candidates will be held back and will be published later.
- Note that any objections against the marks secured in KCET will not be entertained.
- Candidates are required to verify their qualified exam marks printed on the result sheets. In case of any discrepancy related to this, they should immediately inform the authorities for change in their rank.
- Candidates whose results will be withheld for want of qualifying examination marks are required to submit a photocopy of their qualifying exam marks card either in person or through speed post to the KEA.
Objections Which Can Be Raised
- Missing rank on the Karnataka CET result sheet
- Version code of KCET Question Paper wrongly marked
- Revaluation of qualifying marks that will lead to change in rank obtained in KCET 2017.
How is KCET Result Calculated?
- The expert committee will provide the final answer key which will be used during evaluation for determination of merit order.
- The engineering ranks will be assigned to the eligible candidates according to the merit list announced by KEA.
- Separate result sheets showing the engineering ranks will be published on the prescribed date.
- On submission of required documents, ranks will be assigned to all those candidates too whose results will be with-held for want of 2nd PUC / 12th std marks.
KCET Result Analysis
As analysed from the past year results, 1.53 lakh candidates appeared for KCET in the year 2016 out of the 1.57 applications received. The number of applicants who appeared for the exam were however more than the total number of applicants who appeared for the exam in 2015. In 2015, the number was 1.39 lakh.
- There were more applications for both PCM and PCB together than the individual stream applications. There were 1,11,888 candidates who appeared for these subject groups.
- Number of candidates who appeared for PCM group in the previous year were 37198 while there were 4415 who filled the PCB group.
- Grace marking prevailed in the exam last year. 8 grace marks were awarded in KCET which included 3 marks for Biology and 2 each for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Given below are the number of candidates who appeared separately for each exam in KCET:
|Subject||Number of Applications|
|Biology||1, 15, 803|
|Chemistry||1, 53, 556|
|Physics||1, 53, 576|
|Mathematics||1, 48, 177|
KCET 2017 Merit List
Merit list for KCET 2017 will be published on the official website, i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. It will state the rank allocated to candidates on the basis of KCET score and remaining criteria’s. The criteria for preparation of merit list, for each course is different. The candidates may check it from below.
|Courses||Criteria for Merit|
|B.Tech and B.E||KCET Score and PCM score in Qualifying Exam|
|MBBS and BDS||NEET 2017 Score|
|B.Arch||NATA 2017 score|
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga (ISM and H)||KCET and PCB score in Qualifying Exam|
|B.Sc., B.H.Sc., B.F.Sc., B.Tech (Food/Dairy Technology and Agricultural Engineering)||KCET and Qualifying Exam Marks|
|B.V.Sc and A.H||KCET Score|
|2nd year B.Pharm||KCET Score|
KCET Answer Key 2017
- Post the exam, a candidate can analyze his performance in KCET by using KCET Answer Key 2017.
- Candidate can calculate their scores in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology through these keys. It is generally released 2 weeks post exam date.
- The official answer keys will be uploaded on the website of KEA University i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. Candidates can get the link to the answer key on the index or home page.
- They have to choose the set code, paper code and download the answer key. Answer key is provided in PDF format and uploaded set wise for each year.
- This year, the difficulty level of the paper was moderate to difficult.
KCET Cut Off 2017
Post declaration of Result,KCET Cut off will be announced. Candidates who fall between the specified cut off, will be eligible for admission to KEA Campuses in Bangalore.
Cut off is the minimum score obtained, for the University to prepare merit list. Declaration of KCET Result 2017 will follow multi-city counselling for KEA admissions to B.Tech Degree Program. Just like any other universities, panel set by KEA decides KCET cut off.
Cut off trends are generally calculated on the following basis:
- Number of students registered for the test
- Number of students who have appeared in the examination
- Number of students who have qualified the test
- Number of students listed in the merit list
- Number of students who have qualified but didn’t attend the counselling
- Students who have received final confirmation for the seat
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||19343||5652||5848||7216||11674|
|S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||24140||17112||19509||–||–|
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||8193||–||1601||5143||2304|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Bangalore||24047||10372||14023||22837||19764|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||3354||573||798||622||584|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10175||3042||2432||5949||3639|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||17578||5396||6799||15598||11208|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||16493||5555||5797||8811||10846|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||8866||2387||2827||3227||4187|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||19758||6230||4319||19078||17092|
KCET Counselling 2017
KCET 2017 Counselling will begin from the June 03, 2017. Candidates will have to report for the document verification with the original documents as per the schedule announced by the authority. KCET Seat Allotment will be done based on the ranks secured by the candidates, filled choices and availability of seats. If the candidate will not be satisfied with the seat allotment, would be participated in other counselling rounds.
Here we have listed the documents required at the time of document verification:
- KCET 2017 Admit card
- Score card
- SSLC/ 10th class mark sheet
- 2nd PUC/ 12th class mark sheet
- Copy of filled KCET 2017 Application Form
- Two latest passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
What does ‘G 55’ mean?
After the declaration of KCET Result, the candidates may not get ranks assigned mainly for the following reasons:
- For want of Q.E. marks, a candidate might have missed the rank.
- A candidate might have marked the version code wrongly.
- Q.E. marks may change due to revaluation or otherwise, when corrected, a fresh ranking becomes necessary.
KEA computers are programmed to assign new ranks or fresh ranks to the candidates falling within the above said categories without disturbing the rank numbers assigned to the candidates whose results were declared earlier.
- The computer program is such that it can assign ranks in between two integers without altering the previous rank numbers.
- You are assigned a rank after the declaration of the KCET Result.
- Suppose when a rank was assigned to you, other candidates are assigned rank 1234 and 1235.
- The computer found assigning rank to you in the normal course, your rank would have been after the candidate with rank 1234 and before the candidate with rank 1235.
- Therefore, the computer had to place you between 1234 and 1235.
- As already said, the computer is programmed to generate large number of ranks between two integers by dividing the space alphabetically from A to Z.
- Then each alphabet is subdivided from 1 to 99.
- Now, if a new rank is required to be assigned between two integer ranks, in the first instance, the computer assigns a division number as ‘G 55’ before the previous rank.
- If one more rank needs to be assigned between the rank 1234 and 1234 G 55, the computer assigns a rank as 1234 G 44.
- If one more rank is to be assigned between 1234 G 55 and 1235, then it assigns a rank as 1234 G 66.