KCET/KEA 2017 Application Form
KCET/KEA 2017 Registration began from January 27, 2017 and extended upto March 08, 2017. The interested candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of KEA. Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts the KCET for the admission to undergraduate engineering, medical and dental courses in the colleges of Karnataka.
Students who satisfy the KCET 2017 Eligibility can fill and submit the application form very carefully. Candidates have to submit duly filled in application form of KCET 2017 to the principal of their respective colleges / schools. The application fee of KCET 2017 is INR 650 (General Category), INR 750 (Candidates outside Karnataka) and INR 550 (SC/ST candidates).
Candidates can now edit the information given in the KCET Application form 2017 on the official website. Login using your User ID and Password and generate an OTP. Enter the security code and proceed with the editing process. Submit the edited KCET Applications latest by March 31, 2017.
KCET 2017 Registration Dates
The detailed schedule for filling KCET 2017 Application Form is mentioned in the table below. Last date to apply for KCET 2017 was extended by KEA to March 08, 2017.
|KCET 2017 Online Applications will be available from||January 27, 2017|
|Last date for online form submission||March 08, 2017|
|Last date to submit KCET 2017 application fee in Specified Banks||March 10, 2017|
|Editing of online application CET 2017||March 14, 2017 To March 31, 2017|
|Downloading of KCET 2017 Hall Ticket||First week of April, 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Exam date||May 02, 2017 And May 03, 2017|
KCET 2017 Form Correction
KCET Application Forms can now be corrected on the official website. Candidates must submit the edited application forms by March 31, 2017. This window can be accessed once i.e. no other chance of editing of editing the KCET Application Form will be given to the candidates. Karnataka CET Application Form can be corrected online only, no offline applications for correction of errors will be accepted.
In case candidates wish to change the category, then they have to pay a nominal fee through a DD in the favour of Executive Director, KEA. No changes can be made after confirming the declaration. Given are the steps to edit Karnataka CET 2017 Application Form:
- Visit www.kea.kar.nic.in and click “Editing CET 2017 Application”
- Enter User ID and generate OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the same to proceed further
- Edit the fields that can be edited and select the “Declare Button”.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button tomake sure the changes are saved and submitted
- Then print the KCET Application form generated then.
How to Apply for KCET 2017
Following is the step wise application process elaborated for your convenience. These steps will help you while filling up the application form:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in and click on the link ‘CET 2017 online application’.
- After clicking on the link, CET 2017 online application homepage will appear. Click on the ‘New User’ and register yourself.
- Instructions mentioned in this page are must to be read by User/candidate before proceeding to apply online.
Step 2: Fill the registration form
- Candidates who are appearing in Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2017 needs to click on radio button Yes.
- Enter the student number and click on Submit button for the candidate’s basic data from the server. Candidate can edit this information if there is any incorrect data
- Click on No button if you are appearing for any board like CBSC OR ICSC other than Karnataka PU Board Examination.
- Enter the candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name and DOB as it is in SSLC / 10th marks card.
- Create your own user id and password. Please make a note of user id and password created at the time of registration for future logins and filling up and editing of online application.
- Enter valid contact number in the registration form, to receive SMS alerts related to ongoing CET 2017 process.
- After successful registration, the candidate will get a “registration Successful” message with user id and application number to his/her mobile number provided during registration.
- Candidates are required to make a note of their user id and application number for further CET process.
Step 3: Log in the form
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an application number and user id on registered mobile phone number and email id. The same will be displayed on the screen.
- To login, please enter user id, password and security code. After successful login, candidate can fill up the details in Application form.
Step 4: Fill up the Main Application Form
- Once the user / candidate has entered login credentials, he/she will be directed to the filling of online application form for entering the details.
- In this form, there are tabs namely Student Information, Study Details, Photo and Signature upload, Declaration, Challan, Payment status, Save as draft and print application.
- Before logging out user / candidate has to click on ‘Save as Draft’ button without fail. Whenever, user / candidate logs in again, the previously entered and saved data will be available.
- Enter the study details. The classes studied by the candidate, year of study, year of passing out and click on ‘save’.
- After entering your study details, upload your recent photo and signature. Click on ‘choose’ button to browse the images (jpg/jpeg only) to upload.
- After choosing the image click on ‘upload’ button to upload the respective image file.
- Fill in the next tab, declaration. Before clicking on ‘submit’ button in this tab, please read the instructions given in the how to apply carefully and make sure that all the details entered are correct to the knowledge of the candidate.
- If the candidate is willing to make any changes in his/her application, he/she is advised to do so before declaration. No modification is allowed in the application after declaration.
- If the user / candidate is sure about the details entered by him/her is correct and feels no change are required, and then he/she can select the check box and click on the ‘Submit’ button. This will be the final submission.
- After clicking on the ‘submit’ button, in the Declaration candidate will be directed to the challan tab where he/she can download the challan by selecting the bank.
Step 5: Application print out
- Candidate can download the printout of the application at any stage of the filling of online application.
KCET 2017 Application fee
Application fee can be paid via Bank Challan or Demand Draft. DD must be drawn in favour of ‘Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority’, payable at Bangalore. The table below comprises KCET 2017 Application fee of different categories:
|General Category||INR 650/-|
|SC/ST/OBC Categories||INR 500/-|
|Candidates Residing Outside Karnataka||INR 750|
Stream Wise Eligibility for KCET 2017
The eligibility criteria to apply for KCET 2017 is mentioned below
- Candidates who got their qualifying certificate from any open school or university are not eligible to participate in KCET 2017.
- The candidates must be Karnataka born or having a mother tongue as Kannada or having seven years academic background in institutions located in Karnataka.
- The J&K migrants may also apply for the examination.
- The candidates must be of age 17 years as on or before December 31, 2017.
The eligibility criteria according to the courses are as follows:
- Engineering and Technology – 12th passed with minimum 45% marks in PCM (40% marks for reserved categories)
- Medical / Dental / Other – 12th passed with minimum 50% marks in PCB with English (40% marks for reserved categories)
- Architecture – 12th passed with minimum 50% marks with Mathematics (45% for reserved categories)
- B.Sc (forestry and Agri.) and B.HSc – 12th passed with PCB.
- B.Tech (Agri.) – 12th passed with PCM.
- B.Pharma – Must have 45% marks in PCM or PCB or D.Pharma (40% for reserved categories
- B.Tech (fisheries, dairy, food tech.) – 12th passed with PCMB
KCET 2017 Reservation
According to the Government Regulations, certain number of seats is reserved under different categories for candidates qualifying in Karnataka CET 2017. Candidates belonging to the reserved category must also have fulfil the eligibility criteria of KCET 2017, otherwise the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
Categories which fall under KCET reservation of seat are:
- Special Category
- Sports Special Category
- Defence Special Category
- CAPF Category
- Physically Disabled Special Category
- Anglo-Indian Special Category
- Scouts and Guides Special Category
- Kannada Medium
KCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam format of KCET Medical is explained below for the candidates appearing the examination 2017
- The test comprises of 180 MCQs; 60 questions from each section of Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking criteria.
- Duration for each paper is 80 minutes.
The exam format of KCET Engineering 2017 is explained below
- The exam will be conducted in the Offline mode at various centers.
- The sections of the exam are divided into the subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- There will be total 180 questions.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there.
- Duration of the exam will be of 80 minutes.
KCET 2017 Result
The KCET 2017 Result is tentatively scheduled to be declared in 1st week of June, 2017. The result will be released on the official site of the board and can be downloaded by entering the name and roll number of the candidate. The result will be made according to the norms of Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).