KCET 2017- Karnataka Common Entrance Test
KCET 2017 Option entry has commenced from June 14, 2017. The last date to submit the documents for verification has been extended to June 22, 2017. Click here for the official notification.
- KCET 2017 Provisional Rank List for Architecture courses is available on the official website. Check here
- KCET 2017 Mock Allotment Result is going to be declared on June 23, 2017.
- Online submission of NATA 2017 marks has started.
- Notice regarding clarification of eligibility for B.Arch Courses has been released.Check here
- The seat matrix for all the courses will be available by June 22, 2017.
- kCET Result has been declared on the official website. Enter the registered email ID and password to check the KCET Result
Given below are the available KCET Seat Matrix:
- KEA releases Mock Seat Allotment Results after publishing the seat matrix for all courses.
- The new date for release of Mock Seat Allotment list is June 23, 2017
- KCET Seat Allotment will commence from June 25, 2017, after which candidates have to report to the allotted college before June 30, 2017.
KCET 2017 is conducted for admission to undergraduate programs in Karnataka. For MBBS and BDS, admission is done on the basis of NEET scores. For B.Arch, candidates have to appear for NATA. Here is the list of other courses offered:
|B.Tech and B.E||Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga (ISM & H)|
|B.Sc., B.h.Sc., B.F.Sc. and B.Tech (Food/Dairy Technology and Agricultural Engineering||B.V.Sc. & A. H|
|2nd Year B.Pharm||-|
KCET 2017 Exam Dates
KEA has released the exam dates for KEAM 2017. The last date to submit the KCET Application form was set February 27, 2017 by KEA. But due to repeated appeals to extend the application dates, KEA extended the last of submission to March 08, 2017. Given below are the tentative KCET Exam Dates:
|KCET Application Form will be available from||January 27, 2017|
|Last date to submit KCET Online Application Form||March 08, 2017 (extended)|
|KCET 2017 Hall Ticket can be downloaded from||April 17, 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Exam is scheduled on||May 02, 2017 And May 03, 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Kannada Language Test is scheduled on||May 04, 2017|
|Provisional KCET 2017 Answer Key will be published in||May 05, 2017|
|KCET 2017 Result will be declared on||May 30, 2017|
|KCET 2017 Counselling||June 14, 2017 onwards|
Latest B.Tech Application Forms Available
KCET 2017 Exam Schedule
KCET 2017 will be conducted on 2 separate days. The language test for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates will be conducted on May 04, 2017. KEA will also conduct a practical examination for candidates who want to claim seats under agriculturist quota.
|May 02, 2017||Tuesday||10:30 am -11:50 am||Biology|
|2:30 pm - 3:50 pm||Mathematics|
|May 03, 2017||Wednesday||10:30 am - 11:50 pm||Physics|
|2:30 pm -3:50 pm||Chemistry|
|May 04, 2017||Thursday||11:30 am - 12:30 pm|
Both for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga Candidates
|May 20, 2017||Saturday||9.00 am onwards|
Practical Examination to Claim Seat under Agriculturist Quota
CHECK KCET 2017 EXAM DATES
KCET 2017 Reservation
- KCET Reservation is applicable for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other backward classes.
- Candidates belonging to Karnataka can claim for the seats reserved.
- Candidates of SC/ST/OBC group should fall under 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories.
- Some of the special categories included in KCET are NCC; Sports; Scouts and Guides; Defence; Ex-defence; Physically Handicapped; Anglo-Indian; Central Armed Police Force; Ex-Central Armed Police Force.
- Candidates who belong to Ex-Central Armed Police will be allotted seats according to merit only.
- Residents of Hyderabad can also avail reservation in KCET 2017.
- Candidates belonging to districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal and Bellary shall be regarded as the local area.
READ MORE ABOUT KCET RESERVATION
KCET 2017 Eligibility
Only citizens of India (including Non- Resident Indians, Overseas Citizens India and Persons of Indian Origin) can apply for KCET. The minimum age required to apply for KCET is 17 years. Here is the course wise KCET Eligibility 2017:
- For B.Tech/B.E. courses, candidates with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computers as additional subjects are eligible to apply. Also, they must have scored 45% in optional subjects to apply for the course.
- For B.Arch program, candidates with 50% marks in qualifying examination with Mathematics as the compulsory subjects.
- For MBBS/BDS, candidates have to apply for NEET 2017
- For ISM&H (Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy), candidates must have passed Class XII with PCB and English. The minimum aggregate marks required to apply is 50%.
- Candidates must have passed PCB as optional subjects in the qualifying exam to apply for B.Sc. Agriculture, Forestry, Sericulture, Agriculture Biotech, Horticulture and Bachelor of Home Sciences
- To apply for Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, candidate must have obtained 50% aggregate marks in PCB and English.
KCET 2017 Application Form
KCET Application Form can be filled online at kea.kar.nic.in from January 27, 2017. The last date to fill the form has been extended to March 08, 2017. Here are the steps to apply online for KCET 2017:
Registration and Form Filling
- Visit the official website and register yourself as a new user.
- Enter your name, mother’s name, father’s name, gender, DOB, e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Choose a security question and answer. Also, enter a security code and submit the details.
- Log in using the user ID and Password. Enter your communication and academic details in the Karnataka CET Application form,
- Verify and click on Save and Next button to submit the details.
- Upload the scanned image of passport size photo, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression must not be more than 40 Kb.
- Click on Choose file and select the image. Then click open to upload it
- Check the declaration box and click on Submit
Fee Payment and Submission
- After submitting the form, you are redirected to the payment page.
- Download the e-challan and pay the fee at nearest branch of State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, Indian Bank, Axis Bank and State Bank of India.
- Outside India, candidates can pay the application fee through DD drawn in favor of Executive Director, KEA payable at Bangalore.
Application fee can be paid via Bank Challan or Demand Draft. DD must be drawn in favour of ‘Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority’, payable at Bangalore. The candidates can check the application fee of KCET 2017 exam:
|Candidates Residing Outside Karnataka||Rs.750/-|
CHECK HOW TO FILL KCET APPLICATION FORM
KCET Admit Card 2017
KCET Admit Card 2017 was issued on the official website on April 17, 2017. Candidate’s name, exam date, roll number, subjects, candidate’s photo and signature is printed on the KCET Admit Card 2017. Report at KEA for any discrepancy in KCET Admit Card. Here are the steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of KEA
- Find the link to download and click on the same.
- You are redirected to a new page wherein you have to enter your application number and date of birth
- Submit the details and download the KCET Admit Card. Print multiple copies of the admit card for further use.
READ MORE ABOUTKCET ADMIT CARD
KCET 2017 Exam Pattern
KCET is an offline mode examination conducted in different shifts on different dates. There are 60 questions in each section of the exam to be solved in 80 minutes. The questions are objective type in nature. Here are few highlights of Karnataka CET Exam Pattern:
- Candidates can opt for any one subject between Biology and Mathematics while Physics and Chemistry will be compulsory in the exam
- The question paper is in English and Kannada
- Physics and Chemistry are conducted as a single paper while Mathematics and Biology are conducted separately on different dates.
- Attempt the exam using only blue/black ball point pen
- Each question in Karnataka CET carries 1 mark.
- There is negative marking in the exam so you lose ¼ mark or 0.25 mark for every incorrect answer.
Given below are the highlights of KCET Exam Pattern:
All sections are of 1 hour 20 minutes duration
Each of 1
Each question carries 1 mark
For every incorrect answer, 0.25 mark is deducted
All the sections are conducted in pen and paper mode
All the questions are MCQs
There are 60 questions in ea
KCET 2017 Preparation Books
Preparation books for each exam aid the preparation of the candidate to a great extent. Candidates preparing for KCET 2017 can consider the following preparation books:
|13 Years Karnataka CET Explorer - Engineering||9383262591|
|CET Medical Entrance – Karnataka Common Entrance Test: 14 Years Solved Papers||9351412318|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical||9384248371|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Engineering||9384248363|
KCET 2017 Answer key
KCET Answer Key has been published on the official website of KEA. Open the direct link and you can access the complete provisional KCET Answer Key. Subject wise Master Question papers are also published on the official website of KEA. There is one answer key for all the subjects.
In case, candidate finds any answer to be incorrect or has any other discrepancy in the answer key then they can challenge the KCET Answer Key. The last date to file the objections on the KCET Answer Key is May 10, 2017. No request will be entertained later. Here are the guidelines for filing an objection against the KCET Answer Key:
- You can file an objection by visiting the KEA office in person with all the KCET Admit card to verify your name, address, and roll number. Also, keep a proof of justification of the challenged answer
- You can also send the details via speed post to the KEA office.
- You can also e-mail @firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, question number and justification of the answer. Also, mention your name, address, and roll number. Do not forget to keep the subject of the mail as “CET 2017 – Objection – Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics”
CHECK COMPLETE KCET 2017 ANSWER KEY
KCET 2017 Results
KCET Result has been declared on the official website. It will be published on the official website of KEA. KCET Result is announced in the form of merit list and also includes scores of the candidates. Here are the steps to check the result:
- Visit the official website of KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in
- Find the link “Check CET 2017 Result” and click on it
- Enter the registration number and submit it to check the result
- Download the scorecard and print multiple copies of the same
KCET Scorecard carries personal details of the candidate and candidate’s scores in each section. The score card is valid for that particular session only i.e. scorecard if this year cannot be used for admission to any program in the next year. Given below is the criteria of preparation of merit list:
- For B.Tech/ B.E. course merit list is prepared on the basis of KCET Score and scores obtained in PCM in the qualifying exam.
- For admission to Animal Husbandry, B.Pharm, 2nd year B. Pharm and Pharm-D, KCET scores will be considered.
- For Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy, and Yoga (ISM & H), merit list is prepared on the basis of KCET scores and marks in PCB in the qualifying exam
- KCET score and marks in qualifying exam marks are considered for preparation of merit list for B.Sc., B.H.Sc. B.F.Sc. and B.Tech (Food/Dairy Technology and Agricultural Engineering)
CHECK KCET 2017 RESULTS
KCET 2017 Cut off
KCET cut off will be determined on the basis of a number of appeared candidates, previous year cut off, the level of difficulty of the exam, performance of candidates in the exam and availability of seats. Separate merit list will be prepared for Medical, Dental, Architecture and Engineering streams. CHECK KCET CUT OFF
KCET 2015 Cut off rank for Engineering
Provided below is streamwise cut off for various engineering colleges in Karnataka:-
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||19041||7053||8014||9264||9353|
S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||9907||–||979||4917|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Bangalore||17900||18988||16118||22527||21592|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||2649||1223||910||3173||2514|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||–||–||–||9567||3941|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||21817||8406||8636||14617||13728|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||12991||8094||4705||12977||5901|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10700||2392||2617||7937||2653|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||12641||11623||6808||15295|
KCET 2017 Counselling
KCET Counselling 2017 has begun. Candidates have to undergo online registration, verification, choice filling and seat allotment process to get admission to the applied course. Given below are the steps to apply for Karnataka CET Counselling:
- Report to the nearest Helpline Center to register for counselling session
- Provide your application number for verification purpose
- List of Helpline centers will soon be uploaded here.
Carry the original and one photocopy of the following documents to the reporting centers for document verification:
- Class X and XII Marksheet
- Copy of KCET Application Form
- KCET Admit Card
- 2 Recent passport sized photograph
- Study Certificate Countersigned by the Concerned BEO/DDPI
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Choice Filling and Locking
- Log in using the user ID and password provided and fill their choice.
- Enter the choices after checking the category wise, course wise and college wise seat matrix uploaded on the website
- Click on submit after locking the choices and log out
- Seat Allotment will be done in online mode. Seat allotment for KCET 2017 is done on the basis of the merit and preference of seats
- KEA will publish list of qualified candidates
- Download the allotment letter and report to the allotted institute.