Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment is completely based on the merit and priority of options as provided by the candidates after considering the seat matrix issued by the Government. Candidate has to log in to check his/her Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment 2017 and download the PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Letter. Candidates have to bring the original documents during KarnatakaPGCET Seat Allotment Process. The process of seat allotment tentatively begins in the month of August. All the original documents of a candidate are verified before his/her participation in Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Registration
The very first stage in the process of Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment is of registration of a candidate. One has to remember following things about the registration process:
- Every candidate who is assigned Karnataka PGCET 2017 Rank have to report to the nearest Helpline Center or the most convenient Helpline Center as per the schedule that is updated on the KEA Website for Registration of Candidate and Verification of Documents.
- There are total 13 Helpline Centers, the details of which are notified on the KEA Website.
- The candidates are required to register their CET number in the computer system
- In this process candidates are briefed about the procedure that is to be followed by a candidate to exercise options, allotment of seats, payment of fees and reporting to the college
- This is basically like a training class to the candidates to familiarize them on entry of options and the procedure to be followed for such entry of options till their admissions to the college
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Verification of Documents
Verification of documents is the second stage of Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process. It is advised that a candidate must keep in mind the following things:
- The candidates who have secured a rank in Karnataka PGCET 2017 Examination have to get their original documents verified in the assigned Helpline Centre to become eligible for the Option Entry for choice of allotment of Professional Course seat
- A candidate has to confirm his/her rank ranges, date and time of verification before arriving at the Helpline Center
- No individual information is sent to the candidates who are eligible rank holders regarding the date and time of verification process
- Candidates who seek admission to Government seats have to compulsorily produce the required original documents with one set of attested photocopies of all the original documents along with two recent passport size photographs
- After Registration, the candidates proceed to the Karnataka PGCET 2017 verification counter where the entries of original documents are verified against the computer data that is furnished by the candidates in their Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Forms
- Once the verification of documents is completed, the original documents are returned to the candidate and KEA retains one set of the attested photocopies of all the documents
- An acknowledgment card and a verification slip is issued to the candidates before they leave the verification counter
- Verification of documents is done at once for all the disciplines to which the candidate is found eligible
- Once all the documents are verified, the candidate’s eligibility in other discipline is verified on the very day. So, the candidates do not attended verification of documents separately to all the disciplines to which he/she is eligible
- Details of the candidates and information about document verification, caste category and merit or rank to which discipline the candidate is eligible are all printed on the verification slip that is issued to all the eligible candidates
- The candidate must verify all the details printed on the verification slip before leaving the verification counter
- If any changes are required, the same should be brought to the notice of the verification officer immediately
- If a candidate fails to produce any of the documents, certificates or marks card on the day of verification, such candidate’s documents are not verified and the candidate cannot complete his/her registration process and therefore, the candidate is not considered eligible to exercise his/her options
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Entry of Options
Entry of options by the candidates begins only after the receipt of seat matrix from the Government. Karnataka PGCET 2017 Entry of Options by Candidates is given below: -
- The details of the course wise, college wise and category wise seats available for allotment are published on the official website of KEA.
- One can download and take the print out of the list
- Only the candidate who are eligible after verification are considered for entry of options
- The candidate can enter the course or college of his/her choice from among the seats available which is shown at the time of entry of options i.e., college wise, category wise/ course wise and discipline wise
- The candidate is allowed to enter all the options in the discipline to which he/she is eligible
- Candidate have to enter the options for all the discipline at one time
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines, then options can be applied for all the discipline in the same entry form
- The candidate has to enter the priority number at first on the displayed college or course to which he/she is eligible and interested as well
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Instructions
- In Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment process, seats are allotted on the basis of merit and priority of options entered by the candidate which are based on the seat matrix issued by the Government
- Candidates are required to make the right choices by ensuring that the PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process is completed successfully
- Karnataka Examinations Authority is not responsible for any consequences like late arriving because of parents or candidates not reading the Instructions carefully and not fulfilling their role and responsibility or not following the schedule
- A Verification Slip is given to all the candidates on successful verification of the documents.
- Candidates are requested to check all the details printed on it and if any incorrect entry is made therein bring it to the notice of the Chief Nodal Officer of the Helpline Centre immediately
- Unique Keyword consisting of eight alphanumeric characters is printed on the Verification Slip.
- The keyword is different and unique to every candidate. A candidate is required to keep it confidential and it is to be used to access to the Option Entry Login on the website of KEA
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Illustration for Seat Allotment
Once the verification of documents and excising options by the candidate is done, the seats are then allotted in two rounds i.e. first round, second round and final round. The following system is followed for Karnataka PGCET 2017 Allotment of seats.
Given is a sample illustration of choice of options by a candidate:
Name of the candidate: Rajesh
M.Tech. Rank: 1200
MBA Rank: 4000
Candidate has given the following options:
|Option 1||M. Tech.|
|Option 2||M. Tech.|
|Option 3||M. Tech.|
|Option 6||M. Tech.|
|Option 7||M. Tech.|
|Option 9||M. Tech.|
The computer starts M. Tech seat allotment with Rank 1. Then after completing allotment till rank 1199, it reaches rank 1200. Rajesh’s M. Tech rank is 1200. Option number 1 is no more available. Similarly, option number 2, option number 3 is not available as the candidate above his rank is already allotted and no vacancy exists anymore. The next option is 4 which is MBA, hence it is not considered in this stage. Next option is also MBA which is also not considered for allotment. The 6th option is M. Tech so it is considered for allotment and the 6th option is available computer will allot the seat under M. Tech to this candidate and the options below 6th are considered for future allotment.
MCA Rank: 1450
MBA Rank: 1340
The candidate is considered as per his rank and as per his options in the order of priority mentioned by the candidate. The computer starts MCA allotment with Rank 1. Then after completing allotment till rank 1449, it reaches rank 1450. Seth’s MCA rank is 1450 and therefore option number 1 is not available. Similarly, option number 2 is not available as the candidate above his rank is already allotted and no vacancy exists. Likewise, it goes up to the option 6 by checking the vacancy. The next option is 7 and the option is MBA which is considered at this stage. Therefore, the computer move on to the next option i.e., option number 8 and the seat is available. Hence the computer allots the option number 8 to the candidate.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process
In the Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process the seat matrix issued by the Government for each discipline is adopted. College wise, Category wise and course wise seat matrix issued by Government is hosted on the website of KEA for the information of the candidates and parents. After the last date and time fixed for entering the options is over and as per the seat matrix, action is taken to allot the seats in the order of merit based on the priority of the options entered by the candidates and by following the Karnataka PGCET 2017 ReservationPolicy.
The order of KPGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process is as following:
- For ME / M. Tech / M. Arch Courses
- In the case of M.E., M.Tech. or M. Arch courses, first seat is allotted to valid gate score candidates. However, reservation is applicable only to those who become eligible as Karnataka candidates and the same is not applicable to Non-Karnataka GATE rank holders. Non-Karnataka GATE rank holders are considered under Open or General Category
- After allotment of seats to eligible GATE rank holders is finished, the seat that remains under General category, 90% of the seats are reserved for Karnataka Candidates and other 10% seats left for Non-Karnataka Candidates are given to the eligible PGCET 2017 rank holders
- As per the seat matrix, PGCET 2017 allotment of seats is held for all GATE candidates from GATE Rank List
- The seats that remains vacant after allotment of seats to the GATE candidates are offered to candidates who are eligible in PGCET 2017
- For MCA Lateral Entry Course
- The MCA Lateral Entry seats pertaining to all reserved categories, Ex-Defence, if any and General Merit students will be offered in this stage at once. All eligible MCA Lateral Entry rank holders including the candidates, who are allotted seats under the Physically Disabled and ME / M. Tech courses are considered for allotment of seats in accordance with their ranks
- For MCA First Year Course
- The MCA seats pertaining to all reserved categories, Ex-Defence, if any and General Merit students are offered in this stage at once. All eligible MCA Lateral Entry rank holders including the candidates, who are allotted seats under the Physically Disabled and ME or M. Tech courses are considered for allotment of seats in accordance with their ranks.
- For MBA course
- The MBA seats pertaining to all reserved categories, Ex-Defence and General Merit students are offered in this stage at once. All eligible MBA rank holders including the candidates, who have selected seats under the Physically Disabled or MCA or ME / M. Tech seats are considered for allotment of MBA seats in accordance with their ranks