JNUEE 2018 will be conducted tentatively in December 2017. JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination) is conducted every year by the JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) through which deserving candidates get admission into the several UG, PG and doctoral programs offered by the university. Candidates who are interested in studying at JNU must appear for JNUEE 2018.
Here are some important things that candidates should know about JNUEE 2018:
- Online application process will start from the third week of October 2017.
- Candidates must meet eligibility criteria before applying for JNUEE 2018.
- Candidates can apply through either by online or offline mode.
- The last date for submitting online application forms is the first week of November 2017.
- Candidates can download their JNUEE 2018 admit card from the official website of the university.
- JNUEE 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- The subjects and number of questions will be different for different programs.
- The result of JNUEE 2018 will be announced on the official website of the university in the second week of January 2018.
- Selected candidates of JNUEE 2018 will be then called for viva-voce.
- After the viva-voce, a merit list will be published by JNU.
- Final admission will be on the basis of the merit list.
JNUEE 2018 Highlight Table
|Name of Exam||Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Eligibility||Depends on the Courses|
|Courses Offered||BA (Hons.), MA, M.Sc. & MCA|
JNUEE 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for JNUEE 2018 must know all the exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The important exam dates of JNUEE 2018 are listed below:
|Availability of online application form||Third week of October 2017|
|Availability of offline application form||Third week of October 2017|
|Last date of availability of offline application form||First week of November 2017|
|Last date of submitting online application form||First week of November 2017|
|Last date of submitting offline application form to JNU||November 2017|
|Availability of admit card||Fourth week of November 2017|
|Date of entrance examination||December 2017|
|Announcement of result||Second week of January 2018|
|Viva-voce of selected candidates||Third week of January 2018|
|Publication of merit list||February 2018|
|Registration for admission||February 2018|
Candidates must keep in mind that this is the tentative schedule for JNUEE 2018. The dates mentioned in the table can be changed according to the discretion of the JNU. Therefore, candidates should keep checking the official website of the university (www.jnu.ac.in) to stay updated on all news related to JNUEE 2018.
JNUEE 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for the entrance examination. Candidates will be allowed to appear for JNUEE 2018 only if they are eligible for the program in which they want to take admission.
The eligibility criteria for the most popular courses of JNU are listed below:
For B.A (Hons) 1st year
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates who will be appearing in 10+2 examination can also apply.
For B.A (Hons) 2nd year
Candidates must have qualified the 1st year of bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 45% marks.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks under the 10+2+3 education pattern.
For M.Phil and Ph.D
Candidates must have a master’s degree in the related subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree (BCA/B.Tech) with Mathematics at graduate or 10+2 level with a minimum of 55% marks.
For M.Sc (Life Sciences)
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in physical, biological or agricultural sciences with a minimum of 55% marks under the 10+2+3 education pattern.
If candidates satisfy all the eligibility conditions, they should fill JNUEE 2018 application form.
JNUEE 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill JNUEE 2018 application form in both online and offline mode. Candidates can find the online application form on the official website of the university from the third week of October 2017. The offline application forms will be available by post. Here are some guidelines for completing the application process of JNUEE 2018:
- Candidates must be very careful while filling JNUEE 2018 application form. Forms with inaccurate details will be cancelled by the conducting authority.
- Candidates need to upload their scanned photograph and signature while filling the online application form.
- The size of the photograph should be 20-50 KB. The size of the signature should be 10-20 KB.
- Candidates can select a maximum of 3 fields of study in a single form such as MA/MCA/M.Sc.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through debit card/credit card/internet banking or e-Challan of SBI bank.
- After submitting the online application form, candidates must take a printout of the confirmation page for future use.
- Candidates need to submit the offline application form via speed post/registered post to the following address:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No. 28
Jawaharlal Nehru University
The application fee for JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs and categories. Candidates can check the application fee for their desired program from the following table:
|Number of programs chosen by candidates||M.A/M.Sc/MCA/M.Phil/M.Tech/MPH /PHD||B.A (Hons) 1st and 2nd year programs/All part time programs|
|1 program||Rs. 530||Rs.310 ( Rs.110 for BPL)||Rs. 400||Rs. 265 ( Rs. 110 for BPL)|
|2 programs||Rs. 800||Rs.415 (Rs. 215 for BPL)||Rs. 575||Rs.325 (Rs.125 for BPL)|
|3 programs||Rs. 1000||Rs. 500 (Rs. 300 for BPL)||Rs. 750||Rs. 380 (Rs. 180 For BPL)|
The application fee for JNUEE 2018 is non-refundable.
JNUEE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have applied for JNUEE 2018 before the last date can download their JNUEE 2018 admit card from the official website of the university. JNUEE 2018 admit card will be uploaded by the university on their official website in the fourth week of November 2017. Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center on the day of the examination.
If candidates fail to show their JNUEE 2018 admit card to the invigilator, they will not be allowed to give the examination. The steps to download JNUEE 2018 admit card is listed below:
- Visit the official website of JNU (www.jnu.ac.in).
- Click on the link that says “JNUEE 2018 admit card”.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Your JNUEE 2018 admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout of it.
- Verify if all the details mentioned on your JNUEE 2018 admit card is accurate.
- The admit card will contain important details such as name of candidate, the name and address of exam center, date and time of examination, etc.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately contact the university to avoid problems on the day of the examination. Candidates can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must keep the admit card safely with them till the process of admission is over.
JNUEE 2018 Exam Center
There are total 54 examination centers for JNUEE 2018. There is one overseas exam center in Kathmandu. JNUEE is held in 53 towns and cities of India. The exam center will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates. During filling the application form, candidates can select their choice of exam center.
JNUEE 2018 Exam Pattern
JNUEE 2018 is a pen and paper based examination. It will be conducted only in the offline mode. Candidates who will be appearing in JNUEE 2018 must know the exam pattern of the entrance examination so that they can be well prepared. The exam pattern highlights table is listed in the table below:
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper based examination)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Different for different programs|
The exam pattern of JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs. The detailed exam pattern of JNUEE 2018 for various courses of JNU is listed in the table below:
|B.A (Hons)-Foreign Language|
It is important for candidates to know the exam pattern and marking scheme of JNUEE 2018 to score well in the examination.
JNUEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of JNUEE 2018 is different for the various courses of JNU. The syllabus will depend on the program that candidates have chosen. It is important for candidates to know the syllabus so that they can prepare well for the entrance examination.
Candidates will get the detailed JNUEE syllabus for all programs in the official website of JNU (www.jnu.ac.in). Basically, the syllabus of a particular program will include the topics of the last qualifying examination. For example, if candidates have chosen M.Sc in Botany, he has to study all the topics of B.Sc in Botany.
JNUEE 2018 Result
Candidates can check JNUEE 2018 result from the official website of JNU. The result will be declared only through the online mode in the second week of January 2018. The steps to check JNUEE 2018 results are listed below:
- Visit the official website of JNU (www.jnu.ac.in).
- Click on the link that says “JNU Entrance Examination Results 2018-19”.
- Select your program of study, field of study and your application number.
- Click on “search” button.
- Your JNUEE 2018 result will appear on your computer screen.
Candidates who will qualify the entrance examination will be called for the next round of selection which is viva-voce. After viva-voce, a merit list will be published by JNU for candidates of all categories for each program of study.
JNUEE 2018 Cut Off
JNUEE 2018 cut off marks is different for candidates under different categories. Cut off marks is the minimum marks that candidates have to score for qualifying in the entrance examination. JNUEE 2018 cut off marks is listed in the table below:
|Program of Study||General||OBCSC/ST & PH|
|M.Phil/Ph.D, Pre Ph.D/Ph.D/M.Tech/Ph.D/MPH/Ph.D||40%||36%||30%|
|M.A/MCA/M.Sc, B.A (Hons) 1st and 2nd year and part time programs||30%||27%||25%|
The cut off marks is set by JNU after considering various factors. The cut off marks will help candidates understand if they have qualified in JNUEE 2018.
After the viva-voce, the final merit list is published by JNU. Admission of candidates will be completely based on the final merit list. JNU will prepare the final merit list on the basis of the performance of candidates in the entrance examination and the viva-voce. Therefore, candidates need to perform well in the viva-vice too.
Registrations for admissions in JNU will start tentatively from the third week of February 2018. Candidates need to bring their original documents on the day of admission. The documents that candidates need to carry with them are listed below:
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class 12
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation (if applicable)
- Mark sheet and certificate of Post graduation (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- JNUEE 2018 admit card
- Passport size photographs