JKCET 2017 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
JKCET 2017- Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is conducted annually by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE). JKCET is held for candidates seeking admission into engineering courses Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) State.
JKCET 2017 Application Form can be filled between February 27 to April 3, 2017. Only residents from Jammu and Kashmir are eligible to register for JKCET 2017. The mode of application is online. Candidates applying online have to complete their applications at jakbopee.org. For those applying offline, JKCET application form will be available at the designated centres. The application fee for JKCET 2017 is INR 800, which can be paid via online and offline mode.
JKCET 2017 is scheduled for May 28, 2017. The syllabus for JKCET will be of 10+2 level. Questions in JKCET 2017 will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology, as per the chosen stream. The duration of JKCET 2017 is 3 hours.
|JKCET Sample Paper||JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria||JKCET Syllabus 2017|
JKCET 2017 Exam Date
Application forms for JKCET 2017 can be filled and submitted till April 3, 2017.Exam dates for JKCET 2017 are mentioned below:
|Filling of JKCET 2017 Application Form begins from||February 27, 2017|
|Last Date to submit JKCET 2017 Application Form||April 3, 2017|
|JKCET Admit Card 2017 will be available from||Last week of April, 2017|
|JKCET 2017 Exam Date||May 28, 2017|
|JKCET 2017 Answer Key will be available from||May 2017|
|Declaration of JKCET Result 2017||Last week of May, 2017|
|JKCET 2017 Counselling will begin in||First week of July, 2017|
JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants for JKCET 2017 must check their eligibility in age limit, year of passing of qualifying examination, required percentage of marks and nationality before moving ahead with the registration process. If any candidate fails to hold the required eligibility, he won’t be allowed to sit in the exam. The minimum eligibility criteria for JKCET is:
- Nationality: Only candidates who are permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State can apply
- Academic Qualifications: Higher Secondary or 10+2 or an equivalent examination
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% (40% in case of reserved category) aggregate marks in HSC. Students appearing or appeared in HSC are also eligible for JKCET 2017.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be 17 years on or before December 31, 2017
Know More About JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
JKCET 2017 Reservation Criteria
Candidates claiming Reservation will have to upload the attested copy of the valid reserved category certificate. If a candidate fails to upload the certificate while filling JKCET 2017 application form or if the certificate is found invalid, then he will be treated as Open Merit Candidate.
Central Pool Seats
The seats under central pool will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of the merit ranks secured by them. Only JKCET 2017 qualified candidates will be considered for allotment of seats under this category. An affidavit that no other member of the family has got the benefit of this category, is to be submitted by the candidates who are seeking admission through Central Pool seats.
Know More About Reservation in JKCET 2017
JKCET 2017 Application Form
Application Form of JKCET 2017 can be filled between February 27- April 3, 2017. Candidates first have to register themselves on the official website of BOPEE i.e. jakbopee.org. They have to pay an application fee of INR 800/-. It is mandatory for all the candidates to pay the application fees before filling the application form. After the successful payment of the fee, candidates have to fill the application form. Registration process for JKCET 2017 is divided into 5 steps:
Know More About JKCET 2017 Application Form
JKCET 2017 Application Fee
Applicants have to pay INR 800 to apply for JKCET 2017. The application fee has to be paid before filling JKCET 2017 application form. It is mandatory for all students to pay the application fee and no fee waiver is given to reserved category students.
The payment of JKCET 2017 Application fees can be done either in online or offline mode.
- Online mode: You can pay application fees through HDFC Integrated Payment Gateway. A candidate can use either Debit Card or Credit Card to pay the fees online.
- Offline Mode: You can deposit the application fees in any branch of J&K Bank or HDFC Bank. For this, a candidate needs to download e-challan of J&K Bank or HDFC Bank.
JKCET Admit Card 2017
JKCET Admit card 2017 will be available only after successful completion of registration. Admit Card for JKCET 2017 is expected to release in the month of April, 2017. Candidates can get their admit cards through either online or offline mode. To obtain JKCET 2017 Admit Card online, candidates can visit the the official website of JKBOPEE. To obtain it offline, candidates can visit the Help-desk of I.T. Section of BOPEE after the telephonic appointment. Candidates who receive JKCET 2017 Admit Card from the help desk, will have to pay a charge of INR 100.
How to download JKCET Admit Card 2017?
- Visit the official website of BOPEE i.e. jakbopee.org
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card 2017 Download’
- Click on ‘Enter Course’ and enter respective course
- Enter Name, JKCET 2017 Application Number and DOB to verify and press ‘Submit’
- JKCET Admit Card 2017 will now be displayed on the screen
- Candidates are advised to print JKCET 2017 Admit Card in colored format
- Paste your attested colored photo in the respective space provided.
- Admit Card must be preserved till the allotment of seats/ completion of admission in reference to JKCET 2017
Know More About JKCET Admit Card 2017
JKCET 2017 Exam Pattern
Candidates should carefully go through the JKCET 2017 Exam Pattern before appearing for the entrance exam. There are 3 subjects to attempt- PCM or PCB. JKCET 2017 Exam Pattern is based upon the syllabus of 10+2 prescribed by Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination. JKCET 2017 has to be completed in 3 hours. Some important points of JKCET 2017 are as follows:
|JKCET Exam Pattern 2017 Highlights|
|JKCET 2017 Exam Date||May 28, 2017|
|Language of paper||English|
|Total questions||180 (60 questions from each section)|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology)|
Correct answer- +1 marks
Incorrect answer- -0.25 marks
Know More About JKCET 2017 Exam Pattern
JKCET 2017 Reference Books
Candidates seeking admission in engineering and medical courses through JKCET 2017, must start preparing for it at the earliest. A huge number of candidates appear for JKCET each year, leading to a high competition level. In order to achieve good marks, candidates can rely on our recommeneded books, other that calss XII NCERT books. Mentioned below are some of the books that candidates can refer while preparing for JKCET 2017:
JKCET 2017 Physics Books
JKCET 2017 Chemistry Books
JKCET 2017 Mathematics Books
|JKCET 2017 Physics||JKCET 2017 Chemistry||JKCET 2017 Mathematics|
JKCET Result 2017
Candidates can check their JKCET result 2017 from the official website of JKBOPEE. Result for JKCET 2017 will be uploaded on the official website of BOPEE in the form of a merit list. Candidates who don’t have access to the internet facility, can also view their JKCET 2017 Result at JKBOPEE centres. Candidates can check their JKCET 2017 result offline by visiting the offices in working hours. Candidates are advised to visit following offices with admit card and a valid photo ID for verification purposes.
Separate Merit lists will be prepared for each category and subject group. Merit List will be prepared on the basis of roll number and total marks obtained by the candidate. Candidates securing marks equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks are arranged in descending order.
Tie Breaker in JKCET 2017
In case two or more candidates have secured the same scores then, BOPEE will follow a tie-breaking process to allocate the ranks to the candidates. The various parameters for tie-breaking are indicated below in their order of applicability.
- For Medical (MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS/Physiotherapy/Allied Course) Courses
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in JKCET 2017 are preferred over others.
- In case, Scores in Biology are also equal, Candidates with higher marks in Chemistry in JKCET 2017 will be preferred over others.
- In case, marks obtained in Chemistry are also equal, Candidates older in age are given preference.
- For Engineering/Technology Courses
- Candidates with higher marks in JKCET 2017 Mathematics section are to be preferred.
- If, Marks obtained by those candidates in mathematics are equal, candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in JKCET 2017.
- If marks in physics and mathematics of candidates are same, candidates older in age are preferred over others.
Know More About JKCET Result 2017
JKCET Counselling 2017
JKCET Counselling 2017 will commence from the last week of June, 2017 and will conclude by 2nd week of July, 2017. Following points must be noted in regard to JKCET Counselling 2017:
- Candidates must attend JKCET Counselling 2017 in person, with all the mandatory documents in original along and photocopies along with the JKCET 2017 admit card.
- In case candidates cannot attend the counselling session, they can attend the counselling on the following day.
- Counselling fee of INR 500 is to be paid at POS terminal at BOPEE, Srinagar/Jammu.
- Counselling fees will be refunded to those candidates who have not been allotted any seat through JKCET 2017 Counselling.
Documents required for JKCET Counselling 2017
Candidates must carry the relevant documents in original, as well as their photocopies. If a candidate fails to produce the required documents, he will be disqualified from the counselling process. Documents to be producted at the time of JKCET Counselling 2017 are:
- Proof of Date of Birth (Matriculation certificate / Secondary School Certificate from the Board of School education
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Documents for claiming Reservation
- Payment Receipt at POS Terminals in BOPEE office
- JKCET 2017 Admit Card
Know More About JKCET Counselling 2017
JKCET 2017 Participating Colleges
There are a number of institutes in Jammu & Kashmir State that admit students on the basis of their performace in JKCET 2017. Given below is a list of participating institutes for JKCET 2017-
|JKCET 2017 Participating Colleges|
|Government Medical College, Srinagar||Government Medical College, Jammu||Sher-I-Kashmir Institute Of Medical Sciences, Medical College Bemina||Achariya Shri Chandra College Of Medical Sciences Sidhra, Jammu|
|Govt. Dental College, Jammu||Institute Of Dental Sciences Charitable Trust, Sehora, Jammu||Jammu Institute Of Ayurveda & Research, Jammu||Jammu College Of Physiotherapy|
|Kashmir Tibbia College Hospital & Research Centre, Tengpora, Srinagar||Institute Of Asian Medical College, Srinagar||Govt College Of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||Model Institute Of Engg. & Tech. Kot Bahlwal, Jammu|
|MBS College Of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||SSM College Of Engineering, Srinagar||Yogananda College Of Engineering And Technology, Jammu||Bhargava College Of Engineering & Technology Supwal (Samba) J&K|