JIPMER PG 2017 Overview
JIPMER PG 2017 (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate) is conducted for admissions to MD and MS postgraduate courses. Aspiring candidates must register for JIPMER PG 2017 on the official website from February, 2017.
JIPMER PG exam will be conducted in 3rd week of May, 2017. Before registering for JIPMER MD/MS, it is important to check the JIPMER PG Eligibility. Candidates can download JIPMER PG Admit Card online in the 1st week of May, 2017. JIPMER PG 2017 contains 250 multiple choice questions that are to be completed within 3 hours. 4 marks will be rewarded for every correct question and 1 will be deducted for every wrong question in JIPMER PG 2017.
JIPMER PG 2017 Result will be declared online only for the qualifying candidates. Candidates selected in JIPMER PG counseling are required to appear in person for the same. Candidates must bring in the required certificates for JIPMER PG 2017 counseling process.
JIPMER PG 2017 Important Dates
JIPMER PG 2017 Application Process will begin from February 28, 2017 onwards. Important dates regarding JIPMER PG 2017 are as mentioned below. These may prove to be helpful to the candidate willing to appear for JIPMER PG 2017.
|Commencement of Application Process||February 29, 2017|
|Last date of Registration||April 20, 2017|
|Download of Admit Card||May 2 to May 15, 2017|
|Date of Examination||May 15, 2017 (09:00 AM to 12:00 PM)|
|Declaration of Results||May 20, 2017|
|First round of Counselling||June 15, 2017|
|Second round of Counselling||July 15, 2017|
|Third & Open Counselling||July 28, 2017|
JIPMER PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
JIPMER PG 2017 eligibility criteria involve academic qualification, the medical fitness of candidate, the nationality and some other requirements. JIPMER PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
Indian nationals: Candidates must be a citizen on India.
Overseas citizens of India: Applicants living overseas must be registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955. They are required to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
Foreign nationals: They are required to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in JIPMER.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate appearing for JIPMER PG exam must be an MBBS or should have any other equivalent degree.
Applicants must have an experience of 12 months in terms of internship or practical training.
- Application status
Candidates who have done their MD/MS from any other institute and in any other subject cannot apply for JIPMER PG exam.
JIPMER PG 2017 Application Process
The candidates can apply for the JIPMER PG exam in the online mode only. They have to go to the official website and register themselves. The steps to fill the JIPMER PG Application Form are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link “MD/MS Admission July 2017 – Apply Online”.
- You will be redirected to a page with the important instructions.
- Read all the instructions carefully
- Click on NEXT and fill the JIPMER PG Application Form
- Click on NEXT
- Upload passport size photograph and signature and click on Next.
- Payment of Application Fee
- Click on SUBMIT
JIPMER PG 2017 Application Fee
The candidates can pay the JIPMER PG Application online though Net Banking/Credit Card/Net Banking. The JIPMER PG application fee for different categories is given below:
|Other Backward classes||INR 1200|
|Scheduled Caste||INR 800|
|Scheduled Tribe||INR 800|
|Orthopedic Physically Challenged (OPH)||Exempted from application fee|
JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2017 Admit card is scheduled to be released online on May 2, 2017. After releasing the JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Card, candidates will have enough time to download it before the commencement of the exam. To download the JIPMER MD/MS Admit Card, candidate is required to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the JIPMER PG 2017 hall ticket link
- Fill your application number
- Your JIPMER PG 2017 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download JIPMER PG 2017 hall ticket
- Take a print out of the JIPMER PG 2017 hall ticket
- Do not forget to bring it along with you on the day of the examination at the venue.
JIPMER PG 2017 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be given 3 hours to complete the JIPMER PG exam. No extra time will be allotted to them in any situation. JIPMER PG 2017 exam will have 250 Multiple Choice Questions. There are 100 questions in basic clinical science section and 150 in clinical science section. Each question carries four mark only. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong question. The questions will be asked from Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical Phase.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern Highlights are given below in tabular form:
|Time duration||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||250|
|Exam type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be given for every right answer. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong question. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.|
|Total number of sections||2 (Pre-clinical/Para-clinical and Clinical science)|
JIPMER PG 2017 Result
The results for JIPMER PG 2017 will be declared online on the official website in the month of May, 2016. The candidates can check their JIPMER PG result by entering their application number and date of birth. The result for only those candidates will be declared, who have scored qualifying marks in the JIPMER PG Entrance Exam. The qualifying criteria for different categories is given below: -
- Candidates belonging to the Unreserved (UR) / Institute (INST) / Sponsored / Deputed (SD) / Foreign Nationals (FN) are required score a minimum of 50 percentile for getting selected in JIPMER PG 2017
- Orthopedic Physically Challenged - UR (OPH) candidates are required to score a minimum of 45 percentile.
- Candidates belonging to OBC / SC / ST (Including OPH) are required to score a minimum of 40 percentile.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation Criteria
JIPMER PG 2017 also has some of its seats reserved for categories other than general. This quote of reservation of seats is completely prescribed by the government. The seats reserved for the candidates in JIPMER PG 2017 on the basis of the categories are given below in the tabular form:
|Categories||Number of Seats|
|Unreserved (UR)||Open to all||34|
|Institute (INST)||For those who graduated from JIPMER||21|
|Other backward classes (OBC)||Non-creamy Layer||30|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||For SC candidates||17|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||For ST candidates||9|
JIPMER PG 2017 Counseling Process
JIPMER PG Counseling is done after the JIPMER PG Merit list is out. Only those candidates who are able to score more than qualifying marks, will be allowed to participate in the counselling process. The important instructions regarding the JIPMER PG Counseling process are given below:
- Candidates are required to bring JIPMER PG 2017 hall ticket along with the Biometric authentication on the day of JIPMER PG counseling
- Candidates who have passed MBBS have to bring the certificate of pass on the day of JIPMER PG 2017 counseling
- They will not be given any kind of expenses for attending the JIPMER PG 2017 counseling. Candidates have to manage on their own.
- Once the option is exercised will be considered as final. And the candidates have to pay the academic fee for the selected choice made by them.
- Candidates are required to attend JIPMER PG 2017 counseling in person.
Roster Point Allocation
The JIPMER PG 2017 counseling is done on the basis of roster point reservation. Some of the important points regarding JIPMER PG 2017 Roster point allocation is mentioned below:
- As per the roster point allocation method JIPMER PG Counseling will be done according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH) and not by the overall rank
- The candidates will be called as per the reservation roster point
- They will be called in adequate number so that Roster Point is not blocked due to lack of attendance.