JELET (Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry) 2018 is a state level examination conducted by WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board). The examination is conducted by WBJEEB for lateral entry admission of Diploma holders in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy and B.Sc degree holder candidates to the second of four-year Undergraduate degree courses in engineering/technology and pharmacy in various colleges of West Bengal.
- All candidates who will be eligible for admission and whose application will be accepted shall be allowed to appear for the entrance examination
- JELET 2018 Application Form will be available from May 2018 and the examination will be held in the month of July 2018
- Application fee of INR 500 has to be made online by the candidates
- JELET 2018 Results are expected to be out by the second week of August 2017
- JELET 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin shortly after the declaration of the results.
JELET 2018 question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type and the total time limit is 120 minutes. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. For every incorrect answer 1/4 of the mark will be deducted and zero marks for the questions not answered.
JELET 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin shortly after the declaration of the results.
JELET 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of Exam||July 2018|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Course Offered||Lateral Entry in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses|
Dates for JELET 2018
WBJEEB will release official notification to fill JELET 2018 Application Form in the month of May 2018. The last date of filling the application form will be in the month of June 2018. JELET 2018 Admit Cards will be available two/three weeks before the commencement of the examination. JELET 2018 Entrance Examination will be conducted in the month of July 2017.
|Announcement for Official Notification of JELET 2018||May 2018|
|Starting date of Filling Application Form||May 2018|
|Closing date of filling Application Form||June 2018|
|Download Admit Card||July 2018|
|Date of JELET 2018 Entrance Examination||July 2018|
|JELET 2018 Results||August 2018|
JELET 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for JELET 2018 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the WBJEEB. All the candidates should meet the eligibility criteria set by WBJEEB to apply for the application form.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria of JELET 2018 which is given as follow:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
2. Age Limit
- There is no age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/Pharmacy/Technology
- For B.Sc. candidates, the upper age limit is 27 years as on December 31, 2018.
- For Diploma holder in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
3. Academic Qualification
- Candidates holding a diploma in engineering/pharmacy/technology and wish to apply for degree courses through JELET must have achieved 45% marks from any polytechnic institute/Pharmacy institute recognised by AICTE.
- Candidates holding B.Sc. degree, who wish to seek admissions into Engineering/Technology courses, must have pass B.Sc. degree with 45% marks from UGC recognised University. Also, candidates must have passed Class XII with mathematic as a subject.
JELET 2018 Application Form
The application process for JELET 2018 will start from May 2018. The common entrance examination for lateral entry will be held in the month of July 2018 at different exam across the state of West Bengal. Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communication will be done using these only.
The procedure for online JELET 2018 Application Form filling is as follows:
1) Registration and Filing up of Application Form
- Visit the official website of WBJEE JELET 2018.
- Read all instructions to fill online application form.
- Enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address
- Create your password and security question
- Submit the details
- Candidates will receive a system generated Application/Registration Number.
- Log in using the registration number and password.
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, income category, Choice of examination centre, Course applied, etc.
- After filling these details click on submit
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and Click on Submit button.
Candidates should be very careful while entering the details, After the submission of the details, it cannot be changed/edited/modified under any circumstances.
2) Uploading of Images
The candidate will be required to upload his/her recent colour photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- Photograph must be taken in a white or a very light background and must be taken in a professional studio
- Photograph must match with candidates’ appearance during exam
- Format, size and dimension of the images to be uploaded is mentioned below:
|Photograph||JPEG||10kb to 100kb||3.5*4.5|
|Signature||JPEG||3kb to 30kb||3.5*1.5|
|Left hand thumb impression||JPEG||3kb to 30kb||3.5*1.5|
3) Payment of Examination Fee
After the completion of JELET 2018 Online Application form, candidates will be redirected to the fee payment window.
- JELET 2018 Application fee for is INR 500 plus the bank’s service charges
- The application fee of JELET 2018 can pay either by submitting the money in any branch of Allahabad Bank by cash using e-challan or by using net-banking/Credit/Debit Card of any bank.
- There is no other method to pay the fees besides above.
- The fee once paid in non-refundable.
After successful completion of all the above steps, the candidate will be automatically directed to the option of downloading and printing the complete application form. Applicants are advised to take a printout of their completed application right after they have completed the application process.
JELET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who successfully fill the application form will get JELET 2018 Admit Card. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of JELET 2018. WBJEEB will not send Admit card via post to the candidate, they have to download their admit card online.
Candidates should carry their Admit card with them during the examination along with a photo identity card as identity proof of the candidate. They are also advised to preserve their admit card for future references. Duplicate admit card will not be issued after the conduction of the examination.
Steps to download the admit card are given below:-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred as JELET 2018 Admit Card (Hall Ticket or Admission Ticket).
- Enter Registration Number and password
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
JELET 2018 Examination will be held at the 13 cities in the state of West Bengal. Candidates have to choose any two of the following examination zones:
JELET 2018 Exam Pattern
JELET 2018 will be Pen & paper based test in the English language only. The question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type and the total time limit is 120 minutes. Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer marked. One-fourth of the mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer marked in the OMR Sheet.
All branches of Engineering/Technology will have one common paper. There will be a separate question paper for Pharmacy candidates and B.Sc candidates. The paper will consist of various sections depending upon the qualifying exam, the candidate has passed.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Sections in Paper||Depend upon the qualifying exam, the candidate has passed.|
Answer sheets (OMR Answer sheets) will be given to the candidates to mark the answers. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ball point pen (blue or black ink) only, for all the entries made in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer marked against a question, it will be considered as incorrect answer and mark will be deducted.
JELET 2018 Syllabus
JELET 2018 Syllabus would be based on the syllabus of diploma level prescribed by WBJEEB. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
The syllabus for JELET 2018 exam is given below:
1) For Diploma holders in Engineering and Technology
Prescribed diploma syllabus of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
2) For Candidates with B.Sc Degree
Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
3) For Diploma holders in Pharmacy
Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India
JELET 2018 Result
Results of JELET 2018 will be announced on the official portal. An applicant who will give the entrance exam can check JELET 2018 Result in the 2nd week of August 2018 (tentatively). The result will be announced by WBJEEB in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all the relevant details, total score and ranks.
Ranks will be awarded to all candidates, but having a rank does not guarantee that the candidate is eligible for JELET 2018 Counselling.
How to Check JELET 2018 Results?
- Visit the official website of WBJEE JELET 2018
- Click on the link "JELET Result 2018"
- Login using Registration Number and Password
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Rank Card will be displayed on the new screen
- Download and save your Rank Card
The rank card will not be generated at any later stage, therefore candidates are advised to retain their rank card carefully in undamaged condition for future purpose.
JELET 2018 Merit List
WBJEEB publishes five separate merit list based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test:
- Merit list for diploma holders in Engineering and Technology except Printing and Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Printing Technology
- For Diploma holders in Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Pharmacy
- For B.Sc. candidates
Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
Candidates can check below for the procedure in case of tie occurs:
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining an equal score in JELET 2018, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of JELET 2018
- Candidate older in age will be preferred
JELET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off score is the lowest possible marks a candidate must obtain in order to be eligible for JELET 2018 Counselling Process. JELET 2018 cut off score is based on many factors such as:
- Total number of candidates appeared in the entrance test
- Total number of candidates who passed the entrance test
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of seats
Based on JELET 2018 Cut off, the exam conducting authority will declare the NEET 2018 Result. Merit List for candidates will also be declared as eligible or not eligible for the counselling process.
JELET 2018 Counselling
WBJEEB will publish a separate notification on its official website with details of JELET 2018 Counselling/Seat Allotment and admission, shortly after the declaration of the results. Only the candidates who will be eligible for Counselling process will be able to participate. Candidates will be informed via email about his/her counselling schedule.
Counselling and Seat allotment will be done in the sequential order based on JELET 2018 Rank of the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them.
List of the documents/certificates is mentioned below:
- 2 Passport size Photographs
- JELET 2018 Rank Card
- JELET 2018 Admit Card
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of Diploma in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
Date and time of the counselling cannot be changed under any circumstances. All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling centre on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.