JEECE 2018 Eligibility Criteria and Reservation
JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Common Examination) is a state level entrance exam held as a part of JCECE. JEECE 2018 Application Form will be distributed after the publication of JCECE notification on the official site. Candidates are required to read the notification carefully and if they fulfill the required eligibility criteria, they can fill the forms. The basic eligibility criteria for the exam is given below.
- Applicant should be of Indian Nationality.
- Candidate must be either local or permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- A candidate is also required to have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized state/central board with 45% marks in PCM (40% for reserved categories).
- The minimum age limit for application to JEECE exam is 17 years. The upper limit is 22 years.
JEECE 2018 Application Form will be available from March 20, 2018 and the process will continue till April 30, 2018. JEECE is conducted every year by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB). The exam is held for admissions into various disciplines of B.E/B.Tech program offered by engineering and technology colleges of Jharkhand. JEECE 2018 is scheduled to be held on May 7, 2018 (tentative).
JEECE 2018 Dates
JEECE 2018 will be an MCQ type offline exam. There will be a total of 150 MCQ questions 50 each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. 1 mark would be awarded for a correct answer whereas 0.25 marks would be deducted for an incorrect response.
JEECE 2018 important dates are tabulated below:
|Availability of online application form||March 20, 2018|
|Last date for making an application for JEECE 2018||April 24, 2018|
|Release of Admit card for JEECE 2018||May 2018|
|JEECE 2018 Exam date||May 7, 2018|
JEECE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for JEECE 2018 will have to full-fill various educational, residential, and age limit criteria as per the official notification published by JCECEB. These criteria’s are mentioned under various headings given below:
Eligibility as per Nationality
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible for applying for JEECE 2018.
- Apart from being an Indian National, candidate should also be a local or permanent resident of the state of Jharkhand.
- Candidates should have a valid Aadhar number as issued by the UIADI as this is a mandatory requirement.
Eligibility as per Age limit
- There is a minimum age limit of 17 years for eligibility for being eligible to give JCECE.
- The maximum age limit to apply for JCECE is 22 years.
- However, these age limits are applicable for MBBS/Agricultural/Forestry/Animal Husbandry course exam.
- Since JEECE 2018 is a part of JCECE, candidates should consider the age limit based eligibility criteria to be applicable for JEECE 2018 as well.
Eligibility as per Academics/Education
- Candidate must be ISC/10+2 or equivalent examination passed in order to be eligible for appearing in JEECE 2018.
- He/She must have studied and passed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 or equivalent level with a minimum aggregate of 45% (5% relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved categories).
Eligibility as per Course Opted
- JEECE 2018 is held for B.E/B.tech admissions under the scheme of JCECE.
- Applicants must have had Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as subjects at 10+2 level.
- Other eligibility criteria that is of age and residence remain same as discussed above.
JEECE 2018 Reservation
Reservations are applicable in JEECE based on caste, category, disability and other criteria. The details of the reservations in JEECE 2018 are discussed below.
Reservation Based on Caste/Category
- The caste/category based reservation criteria’s are applicable as per the latest reservation policy of the government of Jharkhand for that purpose.
- Candidates claiming reservation under this head have to submit/show the Caste Certificate in the proper format as issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Deputy Commissioner of the state of Jharkhand.
- Caste certificate issued by other authorities would be treated as invalid and candidate would be devoid of such reservation benefits in that case.
- The detailed percentage-wise reservation criterion for various category/caste is tabled below.
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||26|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||14|
Reservations Under Service Man Quota (SMQ)
Reservations under this quota are applicable for Government Engineering Institutions only. A sequence of priority is followed in the application of this SMQ for reservations. The sequence of priority is as follows:
- Widow/Wards of Defense Personnel who laid their lives in the course of duty.
- Wards of serving personnel or Ex-servicemen who have suffered any disability while performing the task under duty.
- Widow/Wards of Defense Personnel who laid their life in the line of duty during peacetime.
- Wards of Defense Personnel who got disabled while in the line of duty during peacetime.
- Wards of Defense Personnel/Ex-Servicemen who are a recipient of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards of Ex-servicemen
- Wards of serving defense personnel
The order of preference listed above shows the decrease in preference from top to bottom as considered for reservations under SMQ.
Reservations for Persons with Disabilities
- This reservation criterion is applicable for only Government Degree Engineering Institutes under JEECE.
- Candidates who have hearing, verbal or physical disabilities or all of these and those whose lower or upper or both parts of the body are 40% partially disabled are considered for reservation under this criterion.
- Certificate of Disability issued by Civil Orthopedics Doctor of District Hospital/Civil Surgeon of Jharkhand State along with a full-size photograph is required to be submitted by the candidate in order to avail the reservation.
Apart from various reservation criteria a tuition fee waiver scheme is also present. This fee waiver scheme is applicable for 5% of the total seats under JEECE 2018 and would be open for only those candidates who are the residents of Jharkhand and their total annual family income is less than INR 4.5 Lac per annum. The seats under this scheme are unreserved and would be allotted on Merit-Cum-Choice basis and as per the guidelines of JCECEB.