JEECE 2018(Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level exam conducted by JCECEB. The exam enables the candidates to seek admission to B.Tech /B.E program in various state colleges. The exam is expected to be conducted in First week of May 2018. Candidate must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand to apply for JEECE 2018.
JEECE Registration will commence from April 2018 on the official website of JCECE Board. The application fee for the PCM group is INR 900 for unreserved categories while it is INR 450 for reserved categories and female candidates.
JEECE, an offline mode exam with 150 objective type questions in English and Hindi. There are three sections in the exam- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions are divided equally in each section. Candidates have to submit the answers within 3 hours by darkening their choice in the OMR Sheet provided. Given below is the marking scheme for JEECE 2018:
- For every correct answer, candidates are awarded 1 mark.
- If the answer is incorrect, 0.25 mark each is deducted from the total score of the candidate.
- Candidates are not marked for unanswered questions.
Free Download JEECE Sample Papers
60 x 3
Exam duration is 3 hours
Each of 4
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 4 marks
1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
JEECE 2018 is pen paper based test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 180 questions in JEECE Exam
Candidates are asked questions from the Class XII Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. In Physics, the maximum number of questions are expected to come from Current Electricity. In Chemistry, there are lot of questions from Thermodynamics. Mathematics section includes questions from Calculus and its applications.
Highlights of JEECE 2018
JCECEB declared a separate exam, JEECE, for admission to B.Tech program from the year 2017. Given below is the seat intake of various colleges through JEECE:
- There are 6 engineering colleges (government and private) offering approximately 1460 seats under the management quota.
- 5 government engineering colleges in Jharkhand offer around 90 free seats (total) for admission to the applied stream.
|Exam Name||JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam)|
|Conducting Body||JCECEB (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board)|
|JEECE Exam Date 2018||First week of May 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||B.E/ B.Tech|
|Number of Participating Engineering Colleges||16 colleges|
|Seats offered||1550 seats|
JEECE Exam Dates 2018
JEECE Exam is scheduled in pen and paper based mode in the First week of May 2018. The online registration for JEECE begins from first week of May 2018. Here are the tentative JEECE Exam Dates 2018:
|JEECE Online application form will be available from||First week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit JEECE Application Form||Fourth week of April 2018|
|JEECE Admit Card can be downloaded on||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|JEECE Exam is scheduled on||First week of May 2018|
|JEECE Result 2018 will be announced on||Fourth week of May 2018|
|JEECE Counselling Round 1 starts from||First week of June 2018|
|Round 2 of JEECE Counselling will begin from||Fourth week of June 2018|
JEECE Eligibility 2018
All Candidates applying for JEECE 2018 must check the eligibility criteria initially. Candidate must meet all the listed criteria so that they can apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria include Nationality, Domicile, Age of the candidate, Qualification and Educational Marks, etc. Here are the details about all the eligibility requirements:
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: A candidate must have the local or permanent residential certificate of the Jharkhand State.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit for the B.E./B.Tech courses. The minimum age required to apply for JEECE is 17 years.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Subjects: Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical as one of the Vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured, at least 45% marks in case of general category and 40% marks in case of the reserved category, in the qualifying exam.
JEECE Application Form 2018
Candidates, who are eligible for this exam, can fill the JEECE 2018 application form in online mode. No offline or hard copy of the JEECE Application form will be available. Register on the official website (jceceb.nic.in) by filling the personal, academic and communication details.
After that upload the photo, Class XII marksheet, left-hand thumb impression and signature in JPEG format with the appropriate specifications. Pay the application fee in either online or offline mode. Here are the detailed steps to apply for JEECE 2018:
How to Fill the JEECE Application Form?
The step wise instruction for online application form filling are given below:
Registration and Filling the form
- Go to the official website of JEECE 2018 i.e.www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in”.
- Click on the Online Application Link”.
- Next, hit on the JEECE 2018 Online Application Form Submission.
- There will be three steps in an online application. Registration, filling up the form, uploading the documents and Payment of Application Fee.
- At first. Choose the exam name and then Apply.
- Read the instruction and tap Click here to Proceed” button on the bottom of the page.
- Fill the complete form with all the required details like Name, Gender, Category, Email id, Date of Birth, etc.
- An application no and password will be generated.
- Make a note of Registration number Password.
- Login with the given no and password.
Uploading Images and Fee Payment
- Now, upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Click on submit.
- After submitting the form, it will redirect to a new page.
- Choose the payment option like Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card and make the fee payment.
- After final submission, an application form will be displayed.
- Download and take 3 to 4 copies of the form for future reference.
All the fees can be paid through Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card. There is different fee structure for general and reserved category. The application fee for General/OBC is INR 900 while for SC/ST it is INR 450/-.
JEECE Admit Card 2018
The Admit card for JEECE 2018 will be available one or two weeks before the commencement of the exam. JEECE Admit Card 2018 will be issued in online mode only. There will be no correspondence done via offline mode. JEECE Admit card provides details such as Candidate’s name, Roll Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, Exam Date, Timings, etc. Candidates will have to bring the admit card along with one photo ID proof to the examination hall.
How to download JEECE Admit Card 2018?
Given below are the steps to download the JEECE Admit Card 2018:
- G o to the official website and Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Fill all the required details such as the name of examination, Registration, and Date of Birth, etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of the admit card for future use.
JEECE 2018 Exam Centers
The Admit card of JEECE 2018 will mention the detail address of the exam center. Most of the time it is same as candidates fill at the time of submission of form. In some case, JEECE reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than that of the candidate’s choice. Candidates are required to download their JEECE 2018 Admit card to know the allotted JEECE 2018 exam centre. The hall ticket will be available for candidates tentatively one or two weeks before the JEECE 2018 exam.
Here is the list of JEECE Exam centers:
|Exam Centers||Exam Centers|
JEECE Exam Pattern 2018
JEECE 2018 exam will be conducted in an offline mode. The medium of the exam will be English and Hindi. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. There are 3 sections in the exam. It will be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All the questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus.
There will be total 150 multiple choice questions, 50 questions from each section. All questions will carry 1 mark. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. Negative marking will also be there and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. There will be no marks for unanswered questions. Candidates will be provided an OMR sheet to marks their answers.
Read More About JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the JEECE 2018 exam will be 3 hours.
- Type of questions: All questions will be objective or multiple choice questions.
- No. of questions: There will be total 150 questions.
- Different sections: Total 3 sections will be there, that are: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Number of questions per section: Each section will carry 50 questions.
- Online/offline mode: The mode of the exam will be offline.
- Medium of Exam: The medium of the exam will be English and Hindi.
- Marking scheme: There will be 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: Negative marking will also be there, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR sheet based)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type or Multiple choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
|Marks for each correct answer||+1 Mark|
|Negative Marks for each Incorrect answer||-0.25 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
JEECE Syllabus 2018
The Question Paper for the JEECE 2018 examination will be based on a common syllabus notified by the CBSE for Class 12th. JEECE 2018 Syllabus comprises of three subjects PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Each subject carries equal weight age of questions. Each section carries 50 questions in the exam.
Some of the topics in the JEECE exam will be:
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atoms Nuclei, Communication Systems, etc.|
|Chemistry||Electrochemistry, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Isolation of Elements, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, etc.|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.|
JEECE Result 2018
JEECE 2018 Result will be announced by the conducting authority in the 4th week of May 2018. The result will be declared online and can be seen on the official website of JCECEB. The steps to download the JEECE 2018 Results are mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of the JCECE
- Search for the ‘result’ link.
- Select the examination name and enter the roll number and other details, which are required.
- Click on ‘search’ button and the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and take the printed for the further procedure.
The concerned authority Board displays the JEECE 2018 answer key on their official website. Candidates can check their responses against this answer key. The answer key is expected to be uploaded on the official website before the declaration of JEECE 2018 result. There is no provision for rechecking of the answer sheet in any case.
On the basis the candidates performance in the JEECE 2018 exam, a merit/score card will be declared. The Merit list will include combined merit list and category wise merit list. If two or more candidates obtained equal marks, then JCECE Board determines a sequence of preference for tie-breaking:
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in mathematics will get the preference. In case there is still a tie then,
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in physics will get the preference. In case the tie exists then,
- Candidates with older in age will get the preference. If tie isn’t resolved then,
- As per English alphabetical order of first name will get the preference.
JEECE Cut Off
JCECE Board releases cut off marks for all the candidates on their official website. Cut Off is the minimum marks required to qualify in the respected exam. JEECE 2018 cut Off marks depend on some no of factors like:
- Number of candidates
- Number of colleges participating in the exam
- Number of seats in the respective colleges
- Reservation norms in the exam
- Previous year admission trends
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Marking scheme of the exam
Rank analysis on the basis of previous records and cutoff marks are given below:
|Above 80||below 100|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JEECE Counselling 2018
The candidates will be called for counseling procedure based on the rank scored by candidates in the JEECE 2018 exam. It will be done by the concerned authority only. The counseling will be held in two stages/rounds. The first round of counseling will start in the 1st week of June 2018 and second round of counseling will start in the 4th week of June 2018. Candidates will also have to pay the fee as counseling fee to have a part in counseling of JEECE 2018.
Candidates will have to present the genuine certificates, during document verification process. If any candidates fail to present the genuine documents, then his/her admission will be canceled. During the 1st round of counseling, candidates will be allowed to select their institute and course only after the successful documents verification process. If the seats will still remaining, then again the 2nd round of counseling will be conducted. Candidates, who came in 1st round, can also appear again, if they desire to change their course.
Documents required for JEECE 2018 Counseling
Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of counseling process:
- Mark Sheet and Certificates of Class 10th and 12th
- Mark Sheet of qualifying examination
- Domicile of Jharkhand State
- Passport Photographs as same uploaded in the application Form
- JEECE 2018 Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
Note: All candidates will have to attend JEECE 2018 counseling in person only. No one else can attend it on behalf of the candidates.