JEE Main Result 2017 for B.Tech/B.E. announced on the official website i.e. cbseresults.nic.in. Here are the steps to check the JEE Main Result 2017:
- Find and click on the link for JEE Main Result at cbseresults.nic.in
- Log in using the roll number and date of birth.
- Download the scorecard and print multiple copies.
- Use JEE Main 2017 Rank Predictor made by Collegedunia to predict your college.
JEE Main Cut off to qualify for JEE Advanced varies for all categories. Given below is the expected JEE Main Cut off 2017:
- For General category, the minimum score required is 81.
- For OBC Category, the candidates must score 32
- For SC and ST categories, the minimum cut off score is 32 and 27 respectively.
Given below is the sample of JEE Main Scorecard:
- The result for JEE Main Paper 2 (Architecture) will be announced on May 27, 2017.
- JEE Main Result 2017 will not only be declared in the form of All India Rank List but also in the form of Scorecard.
- The AIR’s for JEE Main will be announced on the official website by June 30, 2017 while the JEE Main Scorecard will be available on April 27, 2017.
- JEE Main Rank List is prepared on the basis of the normalized scores of the candidate. CBSE recently declared that Class XII marks will not be considered in the calculation of candidate’s normalized scores.
- JEE Main OMR Sheet and Answer Key has been released on the official website of JEE Main from April 18- April 22, 2017.
What’s next After JEE Main Result 2017 Declaration
- The first 2.2 lakh rank holders who qualify JEE Main are shortlisted for JEE Advanced. CHECK JEE MAIN CUT OFF
- JEE Main 2017 Score will be used to prepare All India Rank List and State Merit Lists on the basis of which seats will be allocated to NITs, IIITs and other Central and State Government funded institutes.
- Joint Counselling will be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs and SFTIs after the announcement of JEE Advanced 2017 Result
- For state quota seats in JEE Main 2017, state counselling authorities will allocate seats on the basis of state merit lists.
The maximum number of JEE Advanced qualifying candidates are from the general category i.e. 1, 11,000 candidates followed by the Scheduled caste. Here is a graphical representation of the category wise qualified candidates for JEE Advanced and highlights of JEE Main Result 2017:
JEE Advanced is scheduled to take place on May 21, 2017 for admission to B.Tech in IITs and ISM Dhanbad. The registration for JEE Advanced begins from April 28, 2017.
JEE Main Result 2017 Highlights
JEE Main Result 2017 forms the basis of candidate's qualification for JEE Advanced or JEE Main Counselling. JEE Main Counselling is conducted by two different authorities- JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs and CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) for admission to Self- Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs) and North Eastern and Union Territory Institutes (NEUTs)
- There are 93 IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs offering 34895 seats under the JoSAA Counselling
- There are 21 SFTIs offering 16987 seats under CSAB SFTI Counselling
- 21 NEUTs participate in CSAB NEUT Counselling offering 981 seats
|JEE Main Result 2017 Date for Paper-1||April 27, 2017|
|JEE Main Result 2017 Date for Paper-2||May 27, 2017|
|Official Site for JEE Main Result Announcement||cbseresults.nic.in|
|Ranks Announced in JEE Main 2017 Result||All India Rank, All India Category Rank, State Rank|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Result Date||June 11, 2017|
|Starting of JEE Main Counselling||3rd Week of June – 2017|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
How to Check JEE Main Result 2017?
JEE Main Result 2017 will be announced in online mode only on the official website of CBSE. Candidates will not receive the score card by any other means. JEE Main Score Card is the most necessary document to apply for JEE Advanced and also, for the JEE Main Counselling. Here are the steps to download JEE Main Score Card:
- Visit the official website and find the link ‘JEE Main 2017 Score of Paper I
- Click on the link and login by entering your roll number and DOB (dd/mm/yyyy).
- Click on Submit to access the scorecard. To re-enter the details click on Reset button
- Download and print multiple copies of the scorecard for future use.
Details on JEE Main Scorecard
JEE Main Score Card comprises:
- Normalized Marks obtained in JEE Main
- Whether candidate has qualified for JEE Advanced
- Personal Details
JEE Main Scorecard forms the basis of preparation of the rank lists. JEE Main Rank Card can also be downloaded from the official website. The details given on the JEE Main Rank Card are:
- All India Rank
- State Rank of the candidate
- Category Rank
- Total Marks scored by the candidate
- Section wise Marks obtained by the candidate
Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) to NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs/Others, while other ranks are for information purposes.
JEE Main 2017 OMR Sheet and Answer Key
JEE Main Answer Key and OMR sheet was released on the official website of JEE Main on April 18- April 22, 2017. Here are few important features of JEE Main Answer Key and OMR sheet:
- JEE Main Answer Key will be separately uploaded for all the different question paper sets in both Paper I and Paper II.
- Candidates must match the code of their question paper set with the code of answer key uploaded on the official site. Note, that OMR sheet will be available for Computer Based mode only. In case of any discrepancies in the OMR sheet, candidates can challenge the answer key. They need to fill a separate application form and pay an additional fee of ₹ 1000/-.
- Candidates need to log in with their Roll Number and Date of Birth to view the official answer key and scanned image of their OMR Response sheet on the JEE Main official site. The answer key or OMR sheet helps the candidate to predict their JEE Main Result 2017 before its declaration.
READ MORE ABOUT JEE MAIN ANSWER KEY AND OMR SHEET
JEE Main Rank List 2017
JEE Main Rank List 2017 is expected to be declared in the last week of June 2017. JAB is responsible for publishing JEE Main All India Rank List (AIR). In JEE Main 2017, ranks of the candidates will be solely calculated on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and no weightage would be given to their performance in 10+2.
Seats are allocated on the basis of JEE Main All India Rank and All India Category rank while other ranks in the list are only for informational purpose. Some of the important features of JEE Main All India Merit List are mentioned below:
- JEE Main 2017 All India Ranks (AIRs) would be released after the declaration of JEE Main Result 2017.
- JEE Main Rank List includes All India Ranks, State Ranks and Category-wise Ranks and subject-wise scores of the candidates.
- Approximately 24,000 UG engineering seats will be on offer in 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 GFTIs on the basis of JEE Main 2017 All India Rank List.
- There will be separate merit lists for admission to B.E./B.Tech and B. Arch/B. Plan program in institutions except for IITs.
- State quota seats will be allocated on the basis of state rank.
Tie Breaker for B.E/B.Tech Admissions
- Initially, the marks obtained in Mathematics are considered to resolve the tie. Candidate with higher marks in mathematics is given better rank.
- If the tie persists, then candidates with higher marks in Physics are considered to resolve the tie.
If the tie continues to exist then, the resolution is done by calculating the ratio of positive marks to negative marks. Higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
Note: If the tie is not resolved using the given rules then the candidates are given similar ranks.
Tie Breaker for B. Arch/B.Plan Admissions
- Firs,t the Aptitude Test is considered i.e. higher marks in Aptitude Test leads to a better rank
- If the tie remains unresolved then marks in Drawing test are used to resolve the tie i.e. candidate with more marks in Drawing Test is given higher rank.
- For resolving the tie on the persistence of tie, authority calculates the ratio of positive marks to negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given a better rank.
Note: In case the tie is not resolved even after applying all the above-mentioned rules then the candidates will be allotted the same rank.
Normalization of Marks in JEE Main 2017
JEE Main Rank list was initially calculated by giving 60% weightage to JEE Main score and 40% to the normalized score of Class 12th. Given below is the guidelines followed for score calculation this year:
- CBSE has announced that Class XII marks will not be considered to calculate the normalized scores.
- Candidates with 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in Class XII qualify for JEE Advanced.
Normalization is calculated with the number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidate divided by the total number of candidates and multiplied by 100. Here, students from CBSE board are at a loss, and state board, and ICSE board have an advantage.
How to calculate JEE Main 2017 Score?
Before predicting the rank of JEE Main 2017, candidates have to calculate the scores for the exam. To get the probable score, follow the steps given below:
- Candidates are required to use the JEE Main 2017 Answer Key in order to calculate the expected score.
- For every correct response, candidates have to add four marks, whereas, for incorrect or multiple responses candidates have to deduct 1 mark.
- To get the final score of JEE Main 2017, candidates will need to subtract the total marks of correct answers with that of the total marks of incorrect answers.
What is the difference between Percentage and Percentile?
- Percentile is the percentage of students below your percentage in your particular board (here is XYZ board). Check below the formula to calculate the percentile or percentile score of the candidate:
- Percentage is the division of marks obtained by the candidate to the total number of candidates appearing for the exam multiplied by 100. The formula used to calculate the percentage is given below:
What will be Considered for Calculating the Percentile Score?
Given below are the subjects considered to calculate normalized scores for B.Tech/B.E. program:
- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject),
- Any other subject
Important Note: If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the subject (fifth or sixth) with better marks will be taken into consideration.
For calculation of percentile of qualifying examination marks, for paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning) of JEE Main, the marks obtained in following subjects will be considered:
Other four subjects
CHECK YOUR COLLEGE USING JEE MAIN 2017 RANK PREDICTOR
JEE Main 2017 Counselling
JEE Main Counselling is organized separately by two authorities- JoSAA and CSAB. It is expected to begin from June 2017 i.e. after the announcement of JEE Advanced Result 2017. Candidates have to register separately for JEE Main Counselling on the official website.
- JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) Counselling is conducted for admission to 93 IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs including ISM Dhanbad.
- Candidates can apply for around 631 courses through JoSAA.
- Candidates with atleast 75% aggregate marks in Class XII are eligible to apply for JoSAA.
CSAB conducts JEE Main Counselling for admission to SFTIs (Self-Financed Technical Institutes) and NEUTs (North Eastern and Union Territory Institutes). Here are the details of the counselling conducted by CSAB:
- CSAB SFTI is open to all the candidates who qualify JEE Main.
- Candidates can apply for around 140 programs in 21 self-financed institutions through CSAB SFTI Counselling.
- Candidates can seek admissions to 213 NEUTs offering 47 courses through CSAB NEUT Counselling.
READ MORE ABOUT JoSAA COUNSELLING
Check below the highlights of JEE Main Counselling:
|JEE Main Counselling begins from||June 2017|
|Conducting Authorities||JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)|
|CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board)|
|Number of Institutes offering admission through JoSAA||93 (IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs)|
|Total seats available through JoSAA||34895 seats|
|Institutes participating in CSAB SFTI||21 SFTIs|
|Total seats offered under CSAB SFTI||16987 seats|
|Number of NEUTs participating in CSAB NEUT||213 NEUTs|
|Total seats intake through CSAB NEUT||981 seats|
How to apply for JEE Main Counselling?
Registration for JEE Main Counselling will be done separately on the official website of JoSAA (josaa.nic.in) and CSAB (csab.nic.in). Here are the steps to apply for JEE Main Counselling:
JEE Main Cutoff Trends
The expected JEE Main 2017 Cutoff for some of the top NITs and IIITs is provided below for the reference of the candidates.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the JEE Main Seat Allocation Process on the basis of the cutoff released by JAB (Joint Apex Board).
- As analyzed by experts, JEE Main Cut off 2017 will be higher as compared to the previous cut off. This is mainly due to the moderate difficulty level of the exam and number of applications.
- Since this year Class XII marks won’t be considered for score calculation, candidates must get good scores in JEE Main to qualify for the admission.
Here is the expected JEE Main Cut off 2017 for B.Tech:
|Category||JEE Main Cutoff Score (Paper 1)|
Previous Year JEE Main Cut off Trends
JEE Main Result 2017 forms the basis of candidate’s selection and preparation of cut off list. The number of applicants appearing in JEE Main increase every year which leads to higher cut off.
As analyzed from the graphs given below,
- JEE Main Cut off 2016 for admission to NITs dropped for almost all the streams. The lowest JEE Main Cut off in 2016 was for admission to NIT Raipur while the highest cut off is set by NIT Srinagar. It is expected that the closing ranks for admission to NITs in 2017 will reach upto 75000.
- IIITs generally set a very high cut off, so it is expected the same this year as well. The highest JEE Main Cut off is set for IIIT Allahabad while lowest is set by IIIT Kancheepuram. It is predicted that this year JEE Main Cut off IIIT will reach upto 27000.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
Ans. Make sure you check your JEE Main Result 2017 on the correct server. The website to check the JEE Main result is cbseresults.nic.in. Also, check your internet connection properly if you are unable to load the page.
JEE Main Result 2017 will be checked using roll number and DOB. Make sure you enter the correct information before submitting them.
Ans. Roll Number is an important credential required to check the JEE Main Result 2017. If you have lost your roll number, you can find that on your JEE Main Admit Card. Once you find it, enter it correctly in the blank space provided at the official website and download your score card.
Ans. The information given on the JEE Main Scorecard can be corrected by contacting the JEE Main Office. The incorrect information must be rectified soon before the application process of JEE Advanced gets over (if you are applying).
If you are applying for JEE Main Counselling, the scorecard will be required so carry the rectified copy of the score card at the allotted reporting center. Here are the details of the JEE Main office:
JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block - H,
Sector - 63, Noida - 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Ans. No. You cannot revaluate your scores in JEE Main. You can challenge the answers in JEE Main Answer Key and OMR sheet from April 18- April 22, 2017 if you find any answer incorrect. You have to pay ₹ 1000 per question to challenge it.
Ans. Yes. JEE Main Scorecard is an essential document required to apply for JEE Advanced. Candidate’s score in JEE Main is an essential criteria considered to be eligible for the JEE Advanced.
The scores of the candidate are verified from the JEE Main Scorecard. So print multiple copies and also keep the downloaded file of the JEE Main Scorecard safely.
Ans. Candidates eligible for JEE Advanced as per the JEE Main Cut off can apply for the exam from April 28, 2017. The official website where you can find the JEE Advanced Application form is jeeadv.nic.in. The last date to apply for the exam is May 02, 2017. Fill and submit the form online only.
Ans. Since you have applied for General category, you cannot apply for JEE Main Counselling under the OBC reservation. So, you must satisfy the minimum JEE Main 2017 Cut off score for General Category to qualify for JEE Advanced. The minimum marks for general category is 81.
Ans. You can check the list of colleges by using the JEE Main 2017 Rank Predictor created by Collegedunia. Enter your personal information, roll number, category. City, paper type and click on ‘See Result’ to find the list of colleges.