The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) is the major authority which holds admissions of candidates qualified in JEE Main 2017.Central Seat Allocation Board 2017 is constituted by National Institute of Technology, Patna. On the request of Self-Financed Technical Institutes (SFTI), the Core Committee of CSAB is conducting a separate counselling for the participating SFTIs for admission of the qualified candidates in the SFTIs. CSAB SFTI 2017 will be conducted after the JoSAA counselling 2017,for all the participating Self Financed Technical Institutes.
Check CSAB SFTI 2016 Cutoff
CSAB SFTI 2017 Seat Allocation Process
The candidate will be allocated the seat based on their choice and his/her JEE Main 2017 All India Rank scored in Paper-I and Paper-II. The JEE Main 2016 Rank list is available along with the JEE Main 2017 Result. Candidates shall be provided with admissions to 34 Engineering and Architecture/Planning institutions included under CSAB SFTI 2017 through a centralized seat allocation procedure. The candidate must note that the process of seat allocation shall be strictly merit based in the order of preference of choices filled by the candidate and availability of the seats.
The students can follow this flowchart for the entire CSAB SFTI 2017 counselling process.
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
JEE Main 2017 CSAB SFTI Important Dates
JEE Main 2017 Counselling for all the Self Financed Technical Institutes will be conducted as per the mentioned schedule. Candidates should refer to the dates for all the stages for JEE Main 2017 SFTI Counselling. Counselling for IITs/ISM/IISC and NITs/IIITs/GFTIs is conducted under Joint Seat Allocation Board, JoSAA 2017. Counselling for candidates belonging to North East Region/Union Territories and to the Self Financed Techinical Institutions is conducted under Central Seat Allocation Board, CSAB 2017
|Payment of non-refundable processing fee of|
Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only)
|20 July (10.00 IST) 2017 to|
28 July (Midnight) 2017
|ONLINE Registration, Filling up the Choices|
(It may take around six hours to enable your registration and choice filling from the time of payment of initial fee at SBI)
Note: Students need to click the save option frequently while choosing for choice filling.
|20 July (10.00 IST) 2017 to|
28 July (Midnight) 2017
|Seat allotment result||29 July (10.00 IST) 2017|
|Reporting to the Allotted Institutes for Admission and Pay the admission fee||30 July (10.00 IST) 2017 to|
10 August (17.00 IST) 2017
CSAB SFTI 2017Counselling Schedule
The CSAB JEE Main 2017 counselling shall allow candidates who have given the JEE Main 2017 to avail admissions in the Self-Financed Technical Institutes(SFTIs). CSAB SFTI 2017 is scheduled after the round of JoSAA 2017 once JEE Main 2017 Result has been declared. It basically involves steps of events to be followed in specific order and duration for successful allotment of seat and its registration.
- The first event in the schedule for CSAB SFTI 2017 is Payment of initial fee of INR 40,000 (Forty Thousand Rupees only) by the. This event shall commence from July 29, 2017 (10:00 a.m.) and shall last till August 5, 2017 (05:00 p.m.).
- Post Payment of the fee, the next event scheduled is the Online Registration, Filling up choices and Locking of choices by the candidate. The candidate must note that it might take six hours to enable the registration and choice of filling from the time of payment of initial fee through SBI. This event shall begin from 29 July 2017 (10:00 a.m.) and shall end up by the 6 August 2017 (5:00 p.m.).
- The next event that follows the former one is the Seat Allotment Result which shall be uploaded on the 7 August 2017 (10:00 a.m.).
- Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, he/she is required to the report to the Allotted Institutes for admissions from 7 August 2017 (10:00 a.m.) to 12 August 2017 (5:00 p.m.).
The candidate must note that:
- In case no allocation of seats the initial fee deposited shall be refunded to the candidate by CSAB-2017.
- No refunding is applicable for the candidates who don’t report to the allocated institutes in the scheduled time period.
- In case of cancellation of candidature due to non-eligibility occurs during the reporting time then the candidate’s initial fee shall not be refunded. However, in case the SFTI offers admission to another candidate against that seat, CSAB-2017 will refund the Initial registration fees paid by the candidate (in the order of descending order of JEE (Main) All India Rank (AIR)/ or any other Rank declared by CBSE) deducting a processing fee of INR 1000/- only. Hence, the candidates are strongly advised not to give a branch/Institute as a choice in which he/she is not interested and also to verify himself/ herself the eligibility conditions of the allotted institute/branch.
CSAB SFTI 2017 Academic Qualification
The CSAB SFTI counselling has a set of academic qualification criteria. This set of rules will apply to all the students appearing in the JEE Main 2017 CSAB SFTI counselling process. The information about the academic qualification are as follows:
- The candidates who have cleared their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE Main.
- The candidates who had cleared Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2014 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)- 2017.
- Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not get through the same in 2014, but passed in 2015 are also not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017.
- The candidates can participate in JEE Main thrice. The number of attempts are limited to three for all the candidates.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination to be eligible for the offline JEE Main 2017. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not allowed for the offline mode of the JEE Main 2017 and if such candidates appear in the examination by providing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
CSAB SFTI 2017 Course wise Eligibility
Know JEE Main 2016 Eligibility
The candidate appearing in the JEE Main 2017 Examination needs to fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria to be eligible for the CSAB SFTI seat allocation process and:
- Criteria for B.Tech/B.E.-
The candidate must have secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2017 Paper-1 (B.E. /B.Tech.) i.e. for Engineering and should have obtained 45% (for General Category) or 40% (for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PWD) aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) examination. Marks obtained in the following five subjects shall be considered for calculating the aggregate marks: any one language (English/Hindi or any other language), Mathematics, Physics, any one of [Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or technical vocational subject] and any fifth subject studied by the candidate.
- Criteria for B.Arch./B. Planning-
The candidate is required to have secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2017 Paper-2 (B.Arch. /B. Planning) i.e. for Architecture and he must have Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII (or equivalent) examination. He/she must have obtained 50% aggregate marks (both reserved and non-reservation category] in total five subjects including Mathematics.
CSAB SFTI 2017 Pre-Allotment Steps
The Pre-Allotment steps are the steps carried out before the allocation of seats to the candidates by the CSAB. The Pre-Allotment steps are broadly classified as:
Know JEE Main Seat Allotment
All the candidates who fulfill the minimum marks requirement on the basis of the JEE Main 2017 are required to register themselves with JEE Main Roll Number on the official portal of the CSAB i.e. Eligible candidates should follow the following steps:
- Payment of initial registration fee of Rs.40, 000/-(Rupees Forty Thousand only) by e-Challan downloaded from the CSAB portal in the State Bank of India. It will have all the details filled in by the online portal and will be available in two duplicate forms as one photo copy of the e challan receipt will be retained by the candidate, and Original copy of the challan has to be submitted to the admitting institute for their records.
- The candidates must verify their personal information during online registration carried out from places convenient to them. Candidates can verify his/her details filled at the time of registration for JEE Main during the online registration process.
- Candidates are allowed to modify their State of eligibility, Gender and Category during this process as follows:
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
4.1.2 Preference Selection
The next step in the pre-allotment process is preference selection which enables the candidate to make the choice of his/her desired institutes. These choices are to be saved and locked in the scheduled time to access admissions in the chosen institutes. The points to consider while making selections are as follows:
- Post deposition of initial fee and registration process the candidates may fill-in their choices of Institutes and its branch in decreasing order of their preference.
- While filling their choices the candidates are free to delete and add to their choices of branches/ institutes as per their preference.
- The choices must be filled cautiously in preferential order since choices once locked cannot be modified later. The choices must be filled with correct branches specified.
- If candidate do not report to the allotted Institute due to any reason then they will lose the deposited registration fees. The candidates must lock the preferences but if the process is unable to occur within the scheduled time then the last saved choice is considered during the counselling process. Therefore the candidates must lock their choices themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices. If the information submitted by any candidate is found to be fraudulent, incorrect or untrue, if the is seat allotted it shall be cancelled with legal action against the candidate and the initial fee shall not be retained by the candidate.
4.2. Allotment Procedure
The allotment of seats for the CSAB SFTI Counselling 2017 is done through a centralized seat allocation procedure. The candidates should be in touch with the official website of the CSAB for updates about the counselling. The steps involved in the allotment procedure are as follows:
- The initial step for the allotment procedure is downloading the E-Challan from the official portal of the CSAB i.e. www.csab.nic.in.
- The next step following is depositing the initial fee of INR 40,000 in the State Bank of India (SBI) via the challan downloaded.
- The registration shall be enabled six hours after the deposition of fee. The registration is carried out with help of the roll number of the candidate provided during the JEE Main 2017.
- Once the registration is active online choice making and locking of the choices of the institutes is carried out.
- Post registration and locking and choices the candidate shall check the seat allotment again on the online portal since no postal communication shall be used to pass on any information related to the counselling and other important information.
- If the seat is allotted to the candidate then the next step that follows is downloading the Professional Seat Allotment Letter.
- Post downloading the Letter, the final step is contacting the allotted institute in person for the further admission process.
STEP 1 PAYMENT OF INITIAL FEE
Read CSAB SFTI Payment Instructions
The initial step of the allotment process is the downloading the E-challan and depositing the initial fee amounting INR 40,000 (refundable). This occurs generally in the month of July entirely. The steps to carry out the payment are as follows:
- Open the official website of CSAB
- Download the format of the E-challan available on the website.
- Fill the credentials attentively with no errors such as Candidate’s name, age, gender, category, date of birth, educational qualification, contact details and bank details.
- The payment of the initial fee shall be considered by the mode of e-challan in the State Bank of India.
STEP 2 CHOICE MAKING AND LOCKING
Know CSAB SFTI Participating Institutes
Post payment of the initial via the E-challan in the SBI Bank the next step is online choice making and locking the same for complete registration in the counselling process. The registration and choice making step shall be enabled six hours later the submission of fee via E-challan.
- Once the confirmation of the payment is done you can access the list of colleges and courses offered by them to make their choice.
- The allotment of seats is done in accordance with the order of preference given by you.
- You are required to submit or lock the list of choices before the last date. If you fail to lock the choices then the last saved preferences are considered as your final choice. (No modification can be done once the choices are locked)
- On the successful completion of third round of seat allocation, you can modify your choices in case you are not allotted any seat.
- If you have surrendered the previous allotment of seat due to dissatisfaction of allocation then you are eligible for the final spot round of counselling.
- If you were unable to register for the previous rounds of counselling then you can apply for the Spot Counselling in the last week of July.
STEP 3 SEAT ALLOCATION AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
The allocation of seats to the candidate shall enable the candidate to know the college/institution they have obtained admission in. The candidate needs to be prepared with the entire list of documents to be carried at the time of the admission process. The candidate must also note that he/she is eligible for allocation of just one seat even if he/she has filled for both the courses.
- The allocation of seats is done on the basis of the order of preference as locked by the candidate and All India Rank of the candidate in the JEE main 2017.
- You may receive a Provisional Seat Allotment Letter if you are allotted seat in your desired institution.
- You need to download and print the same as it shall be required for the further process.
- You must report with correctly verified documents to the Reporting Centers as mentioned in the letter.
- Once the verification is done the board shall issue the Provisional Admission Letter
STEP 4 ALLOTMENT OF SEATS AND REPORTING TO THE INSTUITIONS
Once the candidate registers and makes the choice of the institutes he/she is eligible for the CSAB allots seats to the candidates and display the same on the official portal so that the candidates can refer to the same to check their seat allotment. The process of seat allotment and reporting to the institutes is as follows:
- The seat allotment can be checked on the official website of the CSAB
- The candidates can download “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter” displayed online on CSAB portal. The candidate must note that CSAB will not send the allotment letter through any postal media.
- Seats shall be allotted to the candidates in the sequence of their preference that they had filled during online choice filling, their merit as per the Rank obtained by the candidate in his/her respective exam, the category [GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, etc.] in which the candidate falls and availability of seats in their respective Institutes/Branch.
- Candidates, who have been allotted a seat, should report to their allotted institute for admission during scheduled time with all the documents required to carry out the admission process.
- The candidates who fails to turn up to their respective institutes in the scheduled time despite of allotment of seat shall lose his/her candidature. He/she shall not receive his/her registration fees back.
- The candidates must consider that the classes will commence as per the schedules of respective institutes.
Documents required for CSAB SFTI 2017
The candidates aspiring for admissions in their chosen institutes shall remember to carry the following documents in Original/ Downloaded from CSAB portal when he/ she reports to the allotted Self-financed Technical Institution for the further process. The candidates must carry self-attested copies of each document along with the original ones as the original document shall be returned after verification by the SFTI whereas the copies shall be retained.
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Proof or Receipt of fee payment by e-challan of SBI
- Original Admit Card of JEE Main 2017
- One passport size photograph similar to the one pasted on the JEE Main - 2017 Application Form.
- Score Card of JEE Main-2017 issued by CBSE (downloaded one is considered valid)
- Photo ID proof issued by Central Govt. / State Govt. / Last attended School/ 12th class Admit card
- Class X marks sheet as proof of date of birth and Name of Candidate.
- Class XII (High School) Board Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination with details of Marks and Aggregate percentage of marks for verification in format provided in the Business Rule followed by CSAB or the process.
- Medical Report in the format of the Business Rule followed by CSAB. The candidate can find the format for the same on JoSAA website.
- Category Certificate (SC/ST) in the format given on JoSAA website (Issued by competent authority)
- Category Certificate for OBC-NLC (central list) should be issued by the competent authority in the given format mentioned on JoSAA website. The candidate should check that the certificate must clearly bear that he/she belongs to the Non Creamy Layer. The certificate must have been issued based on the family annual income in the financial year 2015-16 (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016). Correctly dated certificates shall only be considered valid.
- Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in the format as mentioned on the JoSAA website issued from a duly constituted Medical Board. The validity of the acquired certificate would be 5 years for those who suffer from temporary disability whereas those who acquire permanent disability shall have permanent validity mentioned on them.
- If in case the Medical Certificate is not issued by the assigned authority or is invalid or expires before the appearing date shall not be accepted by the board.
- Self-attested printout of locked choices and terms and conditions taken from the CSAB website.