JEE Main 2018 Admit card will be released in March 2018. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the issuing authority of the document. Candidates who have successfully registered for JEE Main 2018, can obtain the admit card via online mode.
Listed below are important points about JEE Main Admit Card:
- To download the document, visit the official website i.e. jeemain.nic.in.
- Enter the Application Number and Password generated at the time of JEE Main 2018 Registration to login.
- Admit Card is issued only to candidates who have successfully completed JEE Main 2018 Application Form and remitted the application fee.
- Candidates will also be notified about the hall ticket via SMS and email. Know More
Admit Card is an essential document to carry at JEE Main Exam Center, along with a copy of the Hall Ticket of Class 12th or equivalent. Any discrepancy in the information must be reported to the JEE Main helpdesk and rectified at the earliest. It is mandatory for all applicants to submit Class 12th roll number to download JEE Main 2018 Admit card.
Highlights of JEE Main Admit Card
Some of the important details and information related to JEE Main Admit Card are provided below for your reference:
|Issuing Date of JEE Main Admit card||March 2018|
|Things Required for Downloading Admit Card||Application Number and Password|
|JEE Main Helpline Number||7042399524, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399527, 7042399528 and 7042399529|
|Documents Required to be carried||Copy of Marks sheet and Copy of Admit Card (If you have applied for improvement then carry improvement exam admit Card)|
How to download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card?
Candidates can download JEE Main Admit Card from March 2018 onwards. It will be available on the official website of JEE Mains i.e. jeemain.nic.in. One must take note that the document will not be sent to candidates via post or any other mode. All the successful candidates will be able to download JEE Main admit card by logging in with their credentials.
The admit card for JEE Main 2018 will contain the exam center and venue details apart from all the other information furnished by the candidates at the time of completing online registration. The steps to download the admit card are mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2018 i.e. jeemain.nic.in
- Click on the either of the 2 links for downloading JEE Main Admit Card
- You have to enter your JEE Main application number, Date of Birth and Security Pin
- Verify all the details and click “Download Your Admit Card”
- JEE Main Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Click on “click here to take a print” for taking a printout of JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
Retrieving JEE Main Application Number
JEE Main Application Number and Password is mandatory for downloading JEE Main Admit Card. However, in case you have forgotten your application number, you should check your mail messages on your email Id or text messages on your registered number. However if you still not able to retrieve it then follow the following steps to recover it back:-
- Click on Forgot Application Number link, as you can see in the above image. This will direct you to the following page:
- Enter your name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, State of Eligibility, security pin shown and click on submit button,
- Your application number will be displayed on the screen
Note: You have to enter all your details exactly the same as you have entered during registration process in accordance with your 10th class certificate.
Guidelines For JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates should go through the instructions provided below before downloading the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card from JEE Main official portal.
- Center invigilator will verify all the information of the candidate on exam day. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed entry into the hall.
- Candidates should download the admit card before the stipulated deadline notified by CBSE.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to verify all the details such as name, paper, DOB, test venue, state of eligibility, etc.
- Admit Card has to be downloaded form the official website only
- Candidate have to provide his roll number and board details of qualifying examination on the JEE Main website
- Previous years pass outs candidate should verify their roll no. and details before downloading the admit card.
The specimen copy of JEE Main Admit Card is provided below for reference:
Incorrect Information On JEE Main Admit Card
After downloading JEE Main Admit Card, candidates must check their respective details carefully. If there is any discrepancy, then candidate can mail at email@example.com before the specified date.
Not Able to Download Admit Card
In case you are not able to download your JEE Main 2018 Admit Card, you can contact the main helpline set up by CBSE: 7042399524/ 25/ 26/ 27/ 28 and 29 between the working hours (10:00 am to 5:30 pm) on working days only. The technical team would try to resolve any technical glitches or difficulties faced by the applicants.
Details on JEE Main Admit Card
Once candidates have downloaded and take a printout of JEE Main Admit Card, they must cross-check all the details printed on it. Any discrepancy in JEE Main Admit Card must be reported to the concerned authority immediately. JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will contain all the necessary information about the candidate and IIT JEE Main exam.
Some of the important details mentioned on JEE Main Admit card are listed below:
- Centre Number
- Centre of Examination
- Father’s Name
- Email ID
- JEE Main 2018 Roll Number
- Date of Exam
- Application Number
Documents Required On Exam Day
Candidates need to carry certain documents on the day of the examination for the purpose of verification. Some of the important documents to be carried on JEE Main exam day are discussed below. In case a candidate fails to carry any of the requisite documents, then they will be not be allowed to appear for JEE Main 2018.
|Candidate Qualification||Documents Required|
|Candidate passed qualifying exam/12th class in 2016 or 2017 and not opted for any improvement in 2018||Copy of Final Marksheet of year 2016 or 2017|
|Candidate passed qualifying exam/12th class in 2016 or 2017 and has opted for any improvement in 2018||Copy of improvement exam admit card of 2018 exam|
|If appearing in 12th examination in 2018||Copy of Admit card of 12th class examination|
Apart from this, candidates are required to carry a ball point Pen and if candidate has opted for paper 2 then they need to bring their own clipboard, Pencil, geometry sets, erasers, color pencils/crayons.
However, they are not allowed to carry any kind of textual material, calculators, log tables, docu pen, electronic watches, bits of paper, mobile phones, pager or any other device. Candidates found in possession of any of these things will not be allowed to appear for the paper and their name will be put into the debarred names list.
You are advised to keep your admit card safely and in good condition to avoid any inconvenience during frisking at the exam center and it will be verified by the invigilators in the exam hall. Moreover, you will also require it during JEE Main counseling process.
JEE Main Admit Card FAQ’s
Q1. Will the JEE Main admit card be available only in online mode?
Ans: Yes, the JEE Main admit card 2018 will be available only in online mode for all the applicants.
Q2. Why do we need to enter 12th standard exam roll number when downloading JEE Main admit card?
Ans: The 12th standard examination roll number will be used by the official authority of the allotted institute during the time of admission to verify the applicant’s identity.
Q3. Do we need to bring the admit card to the examination center?
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely essential for the applicants to bring the admit card to the exam center. The applicants without the admit card will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Q4. What steps do we take after downloading the JEE Main admit card?
Ans: After downloading the JEE Main admit card, the applicants are requested to cross check their personal information. In case there is any discrepancy, the applicants should immediately contact the official authorities.
Q5. What if I forget my application number or password?
Ans: The applicants will have to select “I can’t access my account” to access the application number or password. To reset the password, the applicants will have to answer the security question. For the application number, the applicants will have to fill in their name, parent’s name, date of birth, the state of eligibility and security pin