JEE Main 2018 Admit Card is expected to release on March 14, 2018. Candidates can download the admit card in online mode from the official website of JEE Main i.e. jeemain.nic.in. They must enter their application number, security pin and password to access the same.
Here are some key points about JEE Main Admit Card:
- The admit card of JEE Main will be released by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Candidates will also be notified about the hall ticket via SMS and email.
- In case of discrepancy in JEE Main 2018 admit card, you may email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JEE Main will be conducted across 104 cities in India and 9 international cities. Check JEE Main Exam Centres
- Make sure you carry a copy of JEE Main 2018 Application Form, two recent color photographs, receipt of payment and a valid photo ID in original at exam hall.
JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in both online and offline mode in April 2018. The registrations for the same will begin in December and close by the first week of January 2018.
Highlights of JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
|Release of JEE 2018 Main Admit Card||March 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date||April 2018|
|Issuing Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of Availability||Online|
|JEE Main 2018 Official Website||www.jeemain.nic.in|
|Number of exam centers||104 cities in India and 9 outside India|
|JEE Main 2018 Admit Card can be accessed using||Registration Number, Security Pin and Password|
|Details on JEE Main Admit Card||Candidate’s name, application number, test center, test date & time, course, roll number|
|Documents to carry on exam day||JEE Main Admit Card and One Photo ID|
|JEE Main Helpline Desk||
email@example.com | 7042399520, 7042399521
How to Download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card?
- JEE Main Admit Card is an enabling document which confirms the candidature and also includes candidate’s roll number.
- It can be downloaded from the official JEE Main website.
- Admit cards for JEE Main 2018 will not be sent by post or e-mail to any candidate, although they will be notified via email and SMS.
- Candidates who submit the JEE Main 2018 Application Form without any errors.
- The website offers 2 servers running JEE Main Admit Card 2018 download, making it convenient for candidates and preventing load on one website. If the page does not load, try again after a few minutes.
Here are the steps to download JEE Main Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website of JEE Main 2018 i.e. jeemain.nic.in
- Click the link ‘Download Admit Card of JEE (Main)-2018 (Server 1)’ or ‘Download Admit Card of JEE (Main)-2018 (Server 2)’ given at the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to the login page
- Enter application number, date of birth and the security pin in the provided blank space.
- Candidates who appeared in Class XII have to enter the CBSE Board Roll Number as well.
- Verify all the details and click on Download Your Admit Card.
- Submit the details to view the JEE Main Admit Card. Click on download to save the pdf copy and print multiple copies.
The specimen copy of JEE Main Admit Card 2018 is provided below for reference:
Problem in Downloading JEE Main Admit Card
A candidate may be unable to download JEE Main Admit Card 2018 due to the following reasons. Make sure all these are taken care of before you begin to download JEE Main Admit Card.
- If application form is incomplete
- Low internet speed
- Entering incorrect credentials
What after downloading JEE Main 2018 Admit Card?
- Once you have the JEE Main Admit Card in hand, cross-check all the details mentioned on it.
- In case of an incorrect detail, you must contact the authority immediately.
- In case your photograph/ signature is blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in original.
Retrieving JEE Main Application Number
The Application Number and Password is mandatory for downloading JEE Main Admit Card. However, in case you have forgotten your application number, you should check your mail messages on your email Id or text messages on your registered number. However if you still not able to retrieve it then follow the following steps to recover it back:-
- Click on Forgot Application Number link, as you can see in the above image. This will direct you to the following page:
- Enter your name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, State of Eligibility, security pin shown and click on submit button,
- Your application number will be displayed on the screen
Note: You have to enter all your details exactly the same as you have entered during registration process in accordance with your 10th class certificate.
Details on JEE Main Admit Card 2018
After printing out the admit card, go through the details given on it and make sure that all the information is correct. In case, there are any mistakes which have to be rectified in JEE Main admit card, contact the JEE authority immediately. The general details given in the admit card is given below:
|Field in JEE Main Admit Card 2018||Significance|
|Centre number||Code of examination center|
|Centre of exam||Name of exam center and address|
|Candidate’s name||Name of candidate as given in application form|
|Father’s name||Candidate’s father’s name as entered in the application form|
|Candidate’s address||Mailing address with locality, city, district and given state code|
|Email ID||Candidate’s email address used for JEE Main 2018 registration|
|Mobile number||Candidate’s mobile number used for registration|
|Date of exam||Depending on whether candidate has opted for online or offline method of exam|
|Paper||Appearing for Paper 1 and/or Paper 2|
|Timing||IST 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM or 2-5 PM|
|Question paper medium||Language in which question paper will be given to the candidate|
|Date of birth||As given in application form|
|Gender||Gender of candidate|
|State of eligibility||Eligible state from which candidate is appearing|
|Category||General, OBC, SC, ST or any other|
|Person with disability||Yes or No|
|Roll number||As assigned by CBSE|
|Photograph and signature||As that uploaded in application form|
Discrepancy in JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
If candidates find any discrepancy in the details given in JEE Main 2018 admit card, they can mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before the stipulated time. In case you are not able to download your admit card, you can contact the JEE Main helpline set up by the CBSE. The details are given below:
Documents Required at JEE Main Exam Center
Candidates must bring their JEE Main Hall Ticket/Admit Card, Identity Proof and the mentioned documents to the exam centre. No candidate will be allowed to enter the centre without these documents.
Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018, should carry all of the following documents at the exam center-
|Criteria of Candidate||Documents|
|Candidates who have qualified 12th class or equivalent in 2016 or 2017 but not opted for improvement in 2018||Copy of final mark-sheet of 12th or qualifying exam from 2016 or 2017|
|Applicants who have passed 12th or equivalent in 2017/2018 and opted for improvement in all subjects||Copy of Hall Ticket for improvement of performance in 12th/equivalent, 2018|
|Candidate appearing for 12th/equivalent in 2018||Copy of Hall Ticket for 12th/equivalent 2018|
While appearing for JEE Main, candidates can carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to JEE Main Exam Center-
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar UID
- Driving License
Instructions on JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
Candidates must follow some instructions to ensure a smooth running of the exam process.
- Each candidate must go through frisking and registration formalities. The registration desk will close 5 minutes prior to the exam.
- No baggage can be carried inside the JEE Main examination centre.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any materials like pen, slide rules, calculators and log tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculator, bits of paper, mobile phones or pagers.
- The candidates can approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any information during the exam.
- Candidates must also not change any entry made in JEE Main Admit Card. For any changes in the information given on the admit card, contact the exam authority to the earliest.
- Any mutilated, altered or invalid admit card will lead to cancellation of your candidature.
- Also, produce the admit card whenever asked at the examination center. Thus, carry multiple copies of the same.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Centers
CBSE will conduct JEE Main across 104 cities in India and 9 international cities. Applicants will get a chance to choose their desired JEE Main Exam Center during JEE Main registration process.
- If the candidates opt for offline mode, they have to mention 4 preferences of JEE Main exam centers.
- In case, they opt for the computer based test, they can select only 1 preference in the application form.
However, the applicants should note that the final decision of allotting JEE Main Exam Centres in the hands of the hands of CBSE. The exam center which is finally allotted to the candidate will be mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card.