JEE Advanced Application Form 2017
JEE Advanced Application form 2017 can be filled from April 28, 2017 till May 2, 2017. The Application form of JEE Advanced will be available on its official website i.e. http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/. The JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria mandates a candidates to clear JEE Main 2017 and rank amongst the top 2,20,000, to appear for JEE Advanced. JEE advanced 2017 will be conducted by IIT Madras on May 21, 2017. Read JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The application fee for General candidates is INR 2400/-, while the fee for Female, SC, ST and PwD candidates is INR 1200/-. Foreign aspirants are required to deposit the fee in USD ($). Fee can be remitted online using Net Banking/ Credit card/ Debit Card as well as cash payment through online generated challan at designated branches of SBI. After JEE Advanced registration 2017 is completed, JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card will be made available for download from May 10, 2017 onwards
JEE Advanced Registration Date 2017
Applicants can find all important dates related to JEE Advanced 2017 Registration in the below table. Candidates must not miss out on any of them.
|JEE Advanced Registration begins from ||April 28, 2017 |
|JEE Advanced Registration closes on||May 02, 2017 |
|JEE Advanced Registration with late fee||May 03, 2017 - May 04, 2017 |
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility
A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every of the five criteria, to be eligible appear in JEE Advanced 2017.
- Performance in JEE Main 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (this includes all categories) by scoring positive marks in JEE Main 2017 Paper-1. The percentages of various categories that make the Top 2,20,000 are given below:
Note: In above categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
As shown in the following table, the usual order will be followed while choosing top 2,20,000 candidates in various categories who have scored positive marks in JEE (Main) 2017.
|Category||Number of top candidates|
- Appearance in Class 12th or Equivalent Examination:
- A candidate should have appeared for the Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time either in 2016 or 2017 in all the subjects.
- Candidates who appeared for the Class 12th or equivalent examination in 2016 and wish to re-appear in 2017 (either for improvement or because they failed in one or more subjects), will have to re-appear in all the subjects in 2017
Note: If any candidate appeared for the class 12th or equivalent examinations for the first time either in 2015 or earlier then the candidate is ineligible. However, candidates whose class 12th or equivalent examinations Board results for the academic year 2014 - 15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced.
- Age Limit: For General and OBC-NCL candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992. There is 5 years relaxation applicable for SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., such candidates should have been born on or afterOctober 1, 1987.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate canappear maximum 2 times in consecutive years in the JEE Advanced Exam. Therefore, candidates who appeared in JEE Advanced 2016 are also eligible, if they took the exam for the first time then.
- Earlier Admission at IITs/ISM:
- The candidates should not have taken admission (irrespective of whether the candidate continued in the program) or even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad in the past; even candidates whose admission at IITs and ISM was cancelled are also not eligible
- However, candidates admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2017 can appear for JEE Advanced 2017. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat by reporting at the reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2017 are also eligible
Read More About JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced Registration 2017
Candidates can fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 from April 28, 2017 till May 2, 2017. Make sure you fulfill the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria before registering yourself. Aspirants of JEE advanced, can go through the below steps in order to register themselves for the JEE Exam:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Candidates who have cleared JEE Main, should enter their roll number and date of birth
- Fill the JEE Advanced registration form
- Upload documents
- Application Fee Payment
- Recheck your details and submit the form
Steps to register for JEE Advanced
STEP 1- Registration and Online Form filling
Online Registration for IIT Advanced will begin from April 28, 2017 and close on May 2, 2017. Candidates will be eligible for registration on the basis of their JEE Main Result. Follow the given instructions to fill the application form:
- Candidates must enter JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and Password.
- Now select a new password for JEE Advanced.
- After this candidate will be redirected to a page that contains the personal and academic details.
STEP 2- Enter details in JEE Advanced Application Form 2017
Fill all the details.
Mention the number of attempts.
- Select the JEE Advanced Exam Centre.
- Select the question paper language either Hindi or English.
- If a candidate falls in Defence Services category then they are required to mention it.
- If a scribe is required by a candidate, mention it.
Guidelines for JEE Advanced 2017 Password
- Passwordlength must be 8 to 13 characters long.
- It must be a combination of upper case, lower case, numeric value and one special character (!@#$%^&*-).
How to Reset JEE Advanced 2016 Password?
If candidates want to change the password or forget their password, it can be recovered by using any one of the given method:
- Use a security question and answer chosen during the filling registration form
- The verification code is sent via text message (SMS) to your registered Mobile Number.
- A password rest link is sent to your registered Email ID.
- A new password is set using this link by typing in a password that matches the required combination.
STEP 3- Upload Documents
All the candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of the below mentioned certificates. The scanned certificate should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Class 10th certificate (if Date of birth is mentioned) or Birth certificate.
- Class 12th certificate for those candidates who appeared in 2015.
- Colored photograph with head centered in the frame covering 70% - 80% of the photograph.
- Scanned copy of candidate's full signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- Scanned copy of Caste certificate (only for OBC-NCL, SC and ST candidates).
- If candidates come under PwD and DS category, they are also required to upload the certificates.
- If the name is not same as in the Class 10th certificate, gazetted notification showing the change of name is required.
Specification for Scanned Images
- Size of the Photograph image must be between 10 KB to 100 KB.
- Size of the Signature, Thumb impression image must be between 5 KB to 30 KB.
- Size of the certificate image must be between 50 KB to 300 KB.
List of Some Possible Errors in Scanned Files
While you are registering for JEE Advanced 2016 entrance exam and going to upload your scanned files (Photograph, Signature, Thumb Impression, and Certificates), remember the following points. A list of some basic errors related to scanned file such as Poor Resolution and No Clarity is provided, if uploaded then such files will not be accepted.
Errors in Photograph
- Face is less than 70% to 80% and absent of full front (face) view is not acceptable.
- Dark background is not acceptable.
- Mobile Selfie is not acceptable.
- Candidates wearing cap, hat, sunglasses, and scarf etc in photograph is not acceptable
Errors in Signature
Inappropriate background is not accepted (background must be white).
- Signature with ALL CAPITAL letters will not be accepted.
Errors in Thumb Impression
- Inappropriate background is not accepted.
- Smudged impression is not acceptable.
Errors in Certificates
Certificate is not acceptable if candidates Name do not match with that in the certificate.
- Missing of Official seal/signature of competent authority in the certificate.
STEP 4- Pay Application Fee
The registration fee of JEE Advanced does not include any service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge. Refer to the below table to know the category-wise registration fee of the JEE Exam.
|EXAM CENTRES IN INDIA|
SC, ST, Pwd candidates
All other candidates
|EXAM CENTRES OUTSIDE INDIA (SAARC COUNTRIES)|
|EXAM CENTRES OUTSIDE INDIA (NON- SAARC COUNTRIES)|
Note: The registration fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may levy. Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee will be given on the online registration portal.
CHECK JEE ADVANCED FEES
JEE Advanced Payment Methods
JEE Advanced 2017 application fee can be paid via either Online (Debit/ Credit/ Net Banking) or Offline (SBI Challan).
1. Online Mode
- Candidate click on “Pay Registration Fee” then
- System will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page
- Select any options like Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- After successful payment, “Registration Details” with Unique Registration Number will be displayed
- Candidate print this information
2. Offline Mode
- Click on “Pay Registration Fee”, then
- System will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page
- Select cash payment, “SBI Branch” then system will generate the challan
- Take the printout of this challan and go to the SBI branch
- Pay the application fee
- After payment, applicants login again and enter the required details
- Then download the “Registration Details” with Unique Registration Number
READ ABOUT IIT ADVANCED
Payment for Dubai Exam Centre
Candidates, who want to select Dubaicity for JEE Advanced 2017 are required to pay the application fee via
- International Debit/Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks and issued outside India
- After successful payment print the “Registration Details” with Unique Registration Number
Note: Payment in US$ will not be allowed through Debit/Credit Cards issued in India. Candidates keep safe this registration details page till the admission process is completed.
JEE Advanced 2017 Reservation
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation for every course are as follows:
- OBC-NCL candidates have 27% of seats in every course. Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC have no reservation and such candidates will be considered as a general category candidates.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 15%
- Persons with Disability (PwD) – 3% seats in each of OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats
- Defense Service (DS) Candidates:2 seats are available for preferential allotment in each Institute for DS candidates
Foreign National: Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course.
JEE Advanced 2017 Important Documents
All candidates are required to submit the following documents for JEE Advanced 2017:
- Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR DOB Certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared in JEE Advanced 2016).
- If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazetted notification showing the change of name is needed and is very important as with the difference your registration will not be considered complete.
Students Seeking Admission under Reserved Category
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category- The candidate needs to upload the latest OBC (NCL) certificate (FORM-OBC-NCL) issued on or after June 1, 2015 and confirming to the latest guidelines of the Government of India. Kindly check the details from the site www.ncbc.nic.in for latest guidelines and updates. The certificate that is not updated or if not uploaded will not be considered and hence will result in termination of candidature.
- OBC category- There are some seats that are reserved for OBC’s candidates. Candidates seeking admission under the SC or ST category, please give the certificate or form as per the guidelines.
- Candidates seeking admission under the PwD category- Disability certificate as issued by the notified medical authority. Dyslexic candidate needs to be submit form separately as given in the brochure instead of PWD form given. There is a direct 3% horizontal relaxation given to the candidate who are suffering from Dyslexia. The other candidates need to give the certificate stating that the Physical disability is more than 40%.
- Candidates needing the services of a scribe- Those students who have disability of writing can request for the service of a Scribe. Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT to get the Scribe. A scribe will be a class 11th student to whom you will be introduced only 1 day before the exam under the presence of the IIT representative. Extra 1 hour will be given to the candidate in the exam who are working with the help of a scribe.
- Candidates seeking admission under the DS category- Certificate has to be issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. Of India. This will be made sure that the certificate is authentic and that actually you are a war victim or suffered the loss and therefore the resettlement was done. Anytime found that the certificate is false the candidature will be terminated.
- Candidates whose Class XII examination Board is outside India or not listed in the brochure details- Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII A certificate given by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) will only be considered. The candidates who have taken a degree from a foreign university need to get a certificate from AIU to make sure about their admission. If the standards are found not be equal later the admission is cancelled.
- Defense Service Candidates- Those candidates who are requesting for admission under’ children of Defense professionals’ or DS category need to provide a certificate of the same which is issued by a competent authority. They have got 2 seat allotment in each of the institute that accepts the JEE Advanced rank for admission. To avail the benefit you must fall in the top 2, 00,000 ranks.
Candidates seeking admission under the SC or ST category: Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate (FORM-SC/ST).
- Candidates seeking admission under the OBC-NCL category
- OBC-NCL certificate (FORM-OBC-NCL) issued on or after June 1, 2015 and conforming to the latest guidelines of the Government of India. Visit www.ncbc.nic.in for latest guidelines and updates of the Central List of State-wise OBCs.
- Candidates seeking admission under the DS category: Certificate (FORM-DS) issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi underthe Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Candidates seeking admission under the PwD category
- Disability certificate issued by the notified medical authority
- Dyslexic candidate needs to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC instead of FORM-PwD
- Candidates needing the services of a scribe: Must send a request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT (FORM SCRIBE).
JEE Advanced Registration FAQ’s
Ques.1- I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as a separate document. Which document should I upload during the JEE (Advanced) 2017 registration?
Ans. Upload the Class XII marks statement.
Ques. 2- What is my login id to apply for JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. Your login is your JEE (Main) roll number. The password is same as that used for JEE(MAIN).
Ques. 3- How many mobile numbers I can give in the application form for JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. You can give up to two mobile numbers.
Ques. 4- Is it advisable to fill in the registration form for JEE (Advanced) 2017 on the last date?
Ans. The confirmation from the banks comes only once in a day! So earlier submission of your application is recommended.
Ques. 5- I have appeared in JEE (Main) Paper II. Am I eligible for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without writing JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. No. Only the candidates who qualify in JEE (Advanced) 2017 are eligible for AAT 2017. There is no relation between JEE (Main) Paper II and AAT.
Ques. 6- I have taken admission in one of the IITs for preparatory course. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2017 subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.