JEE Advanced Registration, Pattern, Syllabus
JEE Advanced Registration for 2017 will be held between April 28- May 02, 2017. Only the top 2,20,000 All India rank holders in JEE Main are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced. This year, IIT Madras is the conducting authority for JEE Advanced 2017, for admissions to B.Tech programmes available across 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Date is May 21, 2017. There will be two separate papers in the exam, held in 2 different slots on the same day.
|JEE Advanced Expected Cutoff||JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria||JEE Advanced Registration|
The IIT result is expected to be announced by June 11, 2017. JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for conducting the joint counselling session and seal allocation process for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The seat allotment procedure is tentatively scheduled to be conducted from June 19 to July 18, 2016. All the IITs and ISM Dhanbad would release their respective cutoffs for final selection of candidates.
Read About 4 Months Preparation Plan for JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
Applicants of IIT Advanced can find all important dates related to JEE Advanced 2017 events in the below table. Candidates must not miss out on any of these important Exam Dates:
|JEE Advanced Registration begins from||April 28, 2017|
|JEE Advanced Registration closes on||May 02, 2017|
|JEE Advanced Registration with late fee||May 03, 2017 - May 04, 2017|
|Availability of JEE Advanced Admit card||May 10, 2017|
|Last Date to Download JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card||May 21, 2017|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date 2017|
May 21, 2017
Paper 1 - (9:00 am to 12:00 noon)
Paper 2 - (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
A.Display of ORS Responses Online
B.Review Petition of scanned responses
|May 31, 2017 -June 3, 2017|
|Online display of Answer key||June 4, 2017|
|Feedback and Comments on Answer keys from candidates||June 4, 2017-June 6, 2017|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Result||June 11, 2017|
|Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June 11, 2017-June 12, 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test Date||June 14, 2017|
|Declaration of AAT Results||June 18, 2017|
|Dates of Seat Allotment (tentative)||June 19, 2017-July 18, 2017|
Read about JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Status
What is JEE Advanced?
There are two stages in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The first stage is JEE Main which is taken post class XII. Second stage is JEE-Advanced. Only the top 2.2 lakh students selected in JEE Mains are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced. Over 200,000 students are selected each year. It is for admission to Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs). IIT Madras has been selected to conduct JEE Advanced 2017. The exam date for IIT Advanced is 21 May 2017.
What is the difference between JEE Main and JEE Advanced?
We have listed below some of the major differenced between JEE Main & JEE Advanced. While JEE Main if taken post class XII, JEE Advanced is taken by the top 2.2 lakh candidates who clear JEE Main.
JEE Advanced Registration
Candidates must note that the JEE Advanced Registrations will begin from April 28, 2017 and will close on May 2, 2017. Make sure you fulfill the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria before registering yourself. The aspirants of JEE advanced 2017, can go through the below steps in order to register themselves for the JEE Exam:
- Open the IIT JEE official website
- Enter JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Candidates whose scores are equal to or above the JEE Main Cutoff marks will be eligible to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form
- After successfully updating, candidates will have to choose a new password for JEE Advanced 2017
|JEE Advanced Application Form||JEE Advanced Exam Centre||JEE Advanced Answer Keys|
How to Fill the Application Form?
- Candidates can fill the Registration Form only if they are eligible.
- After successfully creating a new password, candidates will be redirected to a page that contains their personal and academic details.
- Candidates will be required to mention the number of attempts
- They have to mention three exam cities (from the JEE Advanced Exam Centre list). The centers chosen must fall in the same IIT Zone.
- They have to mention the language of the JEE Advanced Paper either Hindi or English.
- They will also have to mention whether they fall in the DS category.
- Students requiring a scribe should mention it in the application form.
Step 2- Uploading Documents
- Candidates are required to upload their colored photograph with head centered in the frame. It should cover 70-80% of the photograph and taken within lastsix months. The photograph should allow clear identification of the candidate.
- Class X and XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for the exam in 2015)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- OBC-NCL category candidates will have to specify their caste from a drop down list of their State as per the Central List of NCBC.
- Candidates from PwD category are required to upload the disability certificates.
- All scanned certificates should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the certificate images should be greater than 50 KB but less than 300 KB.
Step-3 Mode of Fee Payment
JEE Advanced 2017 fee can be paid via following two modes:
- Payment by Debit Card / Credit Card or Internet Banking
- Payment by cash using SBI Branch Option while submitting the application.
- Payment for DUBAI Exam Centre- Those candidates who want to select the DUBAI as the examination city are required to pay the registration fee of US$ 220 through International Debit/Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks only and issued outside India.
Note: In case of Cash payment candidate will have to select the “SBI Branch” option and the system will generate the E-challan
JEE Advanced 2017 Registration Fee
The registration fee of JEE Advanced does not include any service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge. Refer to the below table to know the category-wise registration fee of the JEE Exam.
|1||General/OBC and NCL||Rs. 2000/-|
|2||SC/ST and PwD Students||Rs.1000/-|
|3||General/OBC and NCL (for girls)||Rs.1000/-|
|4||SC/ST and PwD (for Girls)||Rs.1000/-|
|5||Dubai Center||US $220|
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility
Only Top 2.2 Lakh candidates who qualified for JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced exam. There is a prescribed criteria for candidates of different categories that they must follow, All the important points regarding the JEE Advanced are given below:
- The candidate should be among the top 2,20,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main 2017.
- The candidate should have appeared in Class 12 or equivalent examination for the first time in either 2016 or 2017 in all the subjects
- The candidate should be born on or after October 1, 1992. For SC/ ST candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years so a candidate must be born on or after October 1, 1987.
Note:- Those who appeared for the first time in their Class 12th or equivalent examination in 2015 or earlier are not eligible.
- A candidate can sit for at most 2 attempts and that too only for 2 consecutive years.
- Candidate should have appeared for Class 12 examination in year 2016 or 2017 not before that.
- The candidate should NOT have taken admission (irrespective of whether he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of theIITs or ISM in the past. Even candidates whose admission was cancelled are not eligible.
JEE Advanced 2017 Reservation
Candidates who belong to the reserved categories namely, SC/ST , PwD, OBC-NL and Defence Personnel Category are given reservation in seats offered by IITs through JEE Advanced 2017. Reservation Criteria will be given as below-
|Other Backward Classes from the Non- Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27% of seats in every course|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15% of seats in every course|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5% of seats in every course|
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
Applicants who have successfully completed the JEE Advanced Registration for IIT Advanced 2017, can download admit card from May 10, 2017 onwards. Candidates can download the JEE Advanced Admit Card by visiting official website of JEE Advanced 2017. To download the admit card, candidates must follow the below steps:
- Enter login credentials and download the admit card.
- Your IIT JEE Advanced Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the card and Save it as Pdf file and take two print outs.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017 will contain the following details of candidates:
Read more about JEE Advanced Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced paper will be in both English and Hindi. It will consist of 90 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions). The questions will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It will be conducted via both; online & offline mode. The total duration of the JEE exam is 3 hours. As for papers-
- IIT JEE Advanced 2017 Exam will consist of two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each papers with three separate sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- There will be negative marking in some parts of the question paper.
- Questions type will be objective type/ MCQs to be attempted on an Optical Response Sheet. Use black ball point pen for darkening the bubbles in the sheet.
Read DetailedJEE Advanced Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced 2017 Suggested Books
Candidates aspiring to clear IIT Advanced, can take help from our recommended books listed below.
|S.No.||Book Name||Author Name||ISBN Number|
|1||Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick & Walker||8126532459|
|2||Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov||9351414892|
|3||Maths XI||R.D Sharma||9383182350|
|4||Maths XII||R.D Sharma||9383182369|
|5||IITJEE Chemistry||O.P Aggarwal||9381250197|
JEE Advanced 2017 Results
This year, the JEE Advanced result will be declared on June 11, 2017. Candidates can visit the official website of IIT Advanced to check their results. Below are some of the key points regarding the JEE Result:
- All India Rank(AIR) and Category Rank of successful candidates will be available on the online portal after the results are declared.
- Individual rank cards willNOT be sent to candidates.
- Obtaining a rank in IIT JEE (Advanced) 2017 does not guarantee admission toIIT or ISM
Read more aboutJEE Result
JEE Advanced 2017 Expected Cutoff
The JEE Advanced 2017 cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various Participating Institutes of JEE Advanced 2017. The Cutoff will be available after the Result of JEE Advanced 2017 is announced.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common Rank List||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Common PwD rank List||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Course Rank list||2.5||8.75|
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Examination
Candidates must satisfy at least one of the given criteria mentioned below for admission in IITs and other Institutes:
- Candidates must secure at least 75% aggregate marks in the class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. For SC, ST and PwD candidates the aggregate marks is 70%.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
Read More JEE Advanced Expected Cutoff
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling
The whole counselling process for JEE Advanced 2017 will be organized by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA), for admission to IIT’s & ISM Dhanbad. However, seat allocation will be done on the basis of the seat matrix list offered by JEE Advanced participating colleges i.e IITs and ISM, Dhanbad between June 19 to July 18, 2017 (Tentatively). The following steps describe the whole counselling procedure. Candidates are required to furnish the below listed steps if you have qualified in JEE Advanced 2017.-
Step 1- You need to register online through official website, for this enter the some details given in your JEE Advanced Admit Card. The details will be
- Your JEE Advanced registration number
- JEE Advanced 2017 roll number
- Your date of birth and password
Step 2 – JEE Advanced 2017 Online Choice Filling System
- After registration, students are required to log in by using their Registration No (User ID), Roll No and Password to fill their choice of branch, course and institute. Students are permitted to change, edit, delete or add new choices until finalization of choices.
- Students must lock their final choices before the due dates failing which wil lead to choice locking automatically.
- After locking the choices (minimum of 50 choices), students are suggested to take a print out of their choices.
- If for some reason access to the JCOP (Counselling portal) is denied, students should make a call to the JEE Advanced helpline number provided on the official website or submit an online request to JEE helpline (email@example.com).
|JEE Advanced Participating Colleges||JEE Advanced Counselling||JEE Advanced Cutoff|
Step 3 – Counselling will be based on the ranking in IITJEE Advanced 2017. Seat allotment for qualified students has been divided into three categories namely,
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
JEE Advanced 2017 Helpline Number
This year, JEE Advanced will be conducted by IIT, Madras. All queries related to the exam and admission could be directed to the below mentioned address. For information through email, candidates can send in their query anytime. However, for any resolution over the phone, candidates are required to contact the administration between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036
You can reach IIT Madras through the following gates:
Main Gate (in and out) : Opposite to C.L.R.I and beside The Adyar Cancer Institute, on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai.
Read about JEE Advanced Preparation Tips