JEE Advanced 2017 Result and Cut off
JEE Advanced is a national level test conducted for B.E/B.Tech admissions into 23 IITs. Only the top 2,20000 rank holders in JEE Main are eligible to take the exam. JEE Advanced 2017 is scheduled on May 21, 2017. Check some latest updates about JEE Advanced 2017 below:-
- May 21: JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key released by Motion IIT JEE. Read More
- JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card is now available on the official website
- Exam will be organised by 7 IIT zones. Check list of items prohibited to carry in JEE Advanced Exam
- JEE Advanced Exam Pattern consists 3 subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates have to attempt 2 papers- Paper-1 and Paper-2. Both the papers are compulsory
- JEE Advanced official Answer keys will be released on June 5, 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Marking Scheme
- Question paper contains 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Each subject is further divided into 3 sections based upon the type of questions
- Section 1 contains 8 questions of 4 marks each. Answers to such questions ranges from 0 to 9
- Section 2 contains 10 multiple choice questions of 4 marks each. Answers to such questions can be multiple. 2 marks is deducted for a wrong or unattempt question
- Section 3 contains “Match the following type questions”. 2 marks are awarded for a correct answer while 1 mark is deducted for a wrong attempt
Every year some changes are introduced in JEE Advanced exam pattern. Last year, Both paper 1 and paper 2 consists of 54 questions each. Total 108 questions of 372 marks were asked in the exam. In 2015 there were 180 questions of 504 marks. Check JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced Result 2017 is expected to be announced on June 11, 2017. Candidates must clear JEE Advanced Cutoff to be able to participate in JEE Advanced Counselling.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced)|
|Commonly known as||JEE Advanced|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||IIT Madras|
|Number of JEE Advanced takers||2,20,000|
|Candidates who cleared JEE Advanced 2016||9974|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
The application form for JEE Advanced 2017 can be filled from April 28, 2017 to May 2, 2017. Candidates can obtain JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 online on the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in. Make sure you fulfill the JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria before registering yourself. Aspirants of JEE advanced 2017, can go through the below steps in order to register themselves for the JEE Exam:
- Open the JEE Advanced official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Enter JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Candidates whose scores are equal to or above the JEE Main Cutoff marks will be eligible to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2017
- After successfully updating, candidates will have to choose a new password for JEE Advanced 2017
Step 2- Fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2017?
- Candidates can fill the Registration Form only if they are eligible
- After successfully creating a new password, candidates will be redirected to a page that contains their personal and academic details
- Candidates will be required to mention the number of attempts, exam center, language of exam, category etc.
- Students requiring a scribe should mention it in JEE Advanced 2017 application form.
Step 3- Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload the following documents:
- A colored photograph with head centered in the frame. It should cover 70-80% of the photograph and taken within lastsix months. The photograph should allow clear identification of the candidate.
- Class X and XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for the exam in 2015)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- OBC-NCL category candidates will have to specify their caste from a drop down list of their State as per the Central List of NCBC.
- Candidates from PwD category are required to upload the disability certificates.
- All scanned certificates should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the certificate images should be greater than 50 KB but less than 300 KB.
Step 4- Pay Application Fee
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Fee can be paid via following two modes:
- Payment by Debit Card / Credit Card or Internet Banking
- Payment by cash using SBI Branch Option while submitting the application
Note: In case of Cash payment candidate will have to select the “SBI Branch” option and the system will generate the E-challan
Payment for DUBAI Exam Center- Candidates who want to select Dubai as the examination city are required to pay US$ 220 through International Debit/Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks only and issued outside India.
Here is a quick glance of JEE Advanced Registration 2017 for all you candidates. Refer to the PPT below:
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Fee
The registration fee of JEE Advanced does not include any service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge. Refer to the below table to know the category-wise registration fee of the JEE Exam.
EXAM CENTRES IN INDIA
|Category of Candidate||Application Fee|
|Female candidates||INR 1200|
|SC, ST, PwD candidates||INR 1200|
|All other candidates||INR 2400|
|Late fee||INR 500|
EXAM CENTRES OUTSIDE INDIA (SAARC COUNTRIES)
|Category of Candidate||Application Fee|
|All candidates||USD 135|
|Late fee||USD 80|
EXAM CENTRES OUTSIDE INDIA (NON- SAARC COUNTRIES)
|Category of Candidate||Application Fee|
|All candidates||USD 270|
|Late fee||USD 80|
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
Applicants willing to apply for JEE Advanced can find all important dates related to JEE Advanced 2017 in the below table. Candidates must not miss out on any of these important Exam Dates:
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration begins from||April 28, 2017|
|Last date to submit JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 without late fee||May 02, 2017|
|Last date to submit JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 with late fee||May 03, 2017 - May 04, 2017|
|JEE Advanced Admit card 2017 will be available from||May 10, 2017|
|Last Date to Download JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card||May 21, 2017|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date 2017|
May 21, 2017
A.Display of ORS Responses Online
B.Review Petition of scanned responses
|May 31, 2017 -June 3, 2017|
|Online display of JEE Advanced 2017 Answer key||June 4, 2017|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Result 2017||June 11, 2017|
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Sessions
JEE Advanced 2017 will be held in 2 sessions on the same day. It is compulsory for candidates to appear in both these exams. The ones who qualify JEE Advanced 2017 and secure the minimum JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff will be eligible for admission. The details of both the exam sessions are given below:
|1||9:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|2||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Only the top 2.2 Lakh candidates who qualify JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2017. There is a predefined eligibility criterion for candidates of different categories that they must follow, All the important points regarding the JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criiteria are given below:
- Performance in JEE Mains- A candidate should be among the top 2,20,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main 2017. As shown in the following table, the usual order will be followed while choosing top 2,20,000 candidates in various categories who have secured the qualifying marks in JEE Main 2017.
|Category||Number of top candidates|
- Performance in class XII-A candidate should have appeared in Class 12 or equivalent examination for the first time in either 2016 or 2017 in all the subjects. He must score minimum 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) & 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in 12th or equivalent class.
- Age limit for IIT JEE exam-The candidate should be born on or after October 1, 1992. For SC/ ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5 yearsso a candidate must be born on or after October 1, 1987. Those who appeared for thefirst time in their Class 12th or equivalent examination in 2015 or earlier are noteligible.
- Number of attempts- A candidate can sit for at most 2 attempts and that too only for 2 consecutive years.
- Earlier admission at IIT’s- The candidate should NOT have taken admission (irrespective of whether he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of theIITs or ISM in the past. Even candidates whose admission was cancelled are not eligible.
Read more about JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced 2017 Reservation of Seats
Candidates who belong to the reserved categories namely, SC/ST , PwD, OBC-NL and Defence Personnel Category are given reservation in seats offered by IITs through JEE Advanced 2017.
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalized), do not belong to OCI/PIO category, and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under OCI/PIO category at the time of registering for JEE (Advanced) 2017 are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course.
However, the seats allotted to OCI/PIO card holders will be under OPEN category, but not supernumerary.
Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories. JEE Advanced 2017 Reservation Criteria for rest of the categories will be followed as below-
|Category||JEE Advanced 2017 Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes from the Non- Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27% of seats in every course|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15% of seats in every course|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5% of seats in every course|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3% of seats in every course|
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017
Applicants who have successfully completed JEE Advanced Registration 2017can download admit card from May 10, 2017 onwards. JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017 can be obtained by visiting the official website of JEE Advanced 2017 i.e. jeeadv.ac.in. Once you have JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card in hand, cross-check your name, center details, category, date of birth, language of question paper, roll number etc.
In case the admit card is not available for downloading, candidate should contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2017 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
How to download JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017?
To download the admit card, candidates must follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card’
- Enter your registered application number and password
- Check details on admit card
- Print it for further use
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Centers
JEE Advanced will be held in select cities and towns in India and abroad. These JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Centres have been decided by IIT Madras, the conducting body of IIT-JEE this year. Candidates should compulsorily choose three cities/towns from a zone of their choice at the time of online registration. Request for change of city/town will NOT be entertained under any circumstance.
In India, there are seven IIT Zones for JEE Advanced 2017 namely IIT Bombay Zone, IIT Delhi Zone, IIT Guwahati Zone, IIT Kanpur Zone, IIT Kharagpur Zone, IIT Madras Zone and IIT Roorkee Zone. These will manage the exam centres spread all across the nation.
There are exam centres for JEE Advanced 2017 in foreign locations too. These include:
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
Each year, JEE Advanced Test Pattern changes. Last year, IIT Guwahati conducted JEE Advanced 2016. Both papers, 1 and 2, carried a total of 54 questions each. The exam was of 372 marks, each paper of total 186 marks.
This year too, JEE Advanced will have 2 papers. Both of them will be in English and Hindi both. It is important to attempt both these papers to be able to qualify the exam. The questions in JEE Advanced 2017 will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The exam pattern highlights of both these papers are given below:
|Number of Questions||90|
|Nature of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
Read Detailed JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced 2017 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme varies for every sub-section in each paper with negative marking system for each section. The marking scheme for each paper considering the sub-section is enlisted below. Maximum number of marks that a candidate can gain is 4 marks.
|Paper||Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Total No of Marks||Max. Marks (Per question)||Negative Marking|
|JEE Advanced Coaching Centres in Mumbai||JEE Advanced Coaching Centres in Delhi|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2017
JEE Advanced is scheduled for May 21, 2017. The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2017 is decided by IIT Madras this year. JEE Advanced Syllabus 2017 will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. They will be of 10+2 level. Read on to know all the important chapters from PCM that are essential to study for JEE Advanced.
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
Chech detailed JEE Advanced Syllabus 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Suggested Books
Candidates aspiring to clear IIT Advanced can take help from our recommended books listed below.
|Book Name||Author Name||ISBN Number|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick & Walker||8126532459|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov||9351414892|
|Maths XI||R.D Sharma||9383182350|
|Maths XII||R.D Sharma||9383182369|
|IITJEE Chemistry||O.P Aggarwal||9381250197|
JEE Advanced Result 2017
The OMR Sheet of candidates would be displayed online on the JEE Advanced Portal before JEE Advanced result 2017 is declared. Candidates can check, review and download their JEE Advanced OMR Sheet from jeeadv.ac.in from May 31, 2017 (10 AM) to June 03, 2017 (5 PM). The answer keys of different sets of JEE Advanced will also be published online. Candidates can provide their feedback on the answer keys from June 04, 2017 (10 AM) to June 06, 2017 (5 PM). Every answer sheet of each IIT Advanced is a machine readable ORS.
- This year, JEE Advanced result 2017 will be declared on June 11, 2017.
- All India Rank(AIR) and Category Rank of successful candidates will be available on the online portal after the results are declared.
- Candidates must note that individual rank cards willNOT be sent to candidates.
- Obtaining a rank in JEE Advanced 2017 does not guarantee admission toIIT or ISM
- Only candidates who appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be considered for ranking. Marks obtained by a candidate in Physics in JEE Advanced will be equal to the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 1 plus the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 2.
- Marks obtained in Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated in the same way. The aggregate mark obtained by a candidate in JEE (Advanced) 2017 is the sum of the marks awarded to him/her in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Read more about JEE Advanced 2017 Marks Vs Rank List
JEE Advanced Cutoff 2017
JEE Advanced cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various Participating Institutes of JEE Advanced 2017. The Cutoff will be available after the Result of JEE Advanced 2017 is announced. JEE Advanced Cutoff 2017 will vary institute-wise, according to the category of candidate, number of available seats etc. As for the total marks, a candidate must obtain the below set marks to qualify:
- Total marks to obtain in Paper 1 and 2- 372 (186 in each paper)
- Total marks in Physics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Chemistry- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Mathematics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
|Rank List||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||20.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||18|
|SC rank list||5.0||10|
|ST rank list||5.0||10|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5.0||10|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||05|
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Examination
Candidates must satisfy at least one of the given criteria mentioned below for admission in IITs and other Institutes:
- Candidates must secure at least 75% aggregate marks in class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. For SC, ST and PwD candidates the aggregate marks is 70%.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
Interesting Insights about JEE Advanced 2016
Through JEE Advanced 2016, 9974 candidates were admitted to various IIT’s and ISM. Maximum of them were taken in IIT Kharagpur (1341), followed by IIT Bhubaneswar and IIT Roorkee. Read below all the details of top 5 institutes who admitted the maximum number of candidates through JEE Advanced 2016.
Another insight drawn from the results of JEE Advanced 2016 is the admission of candidates with highest and lowest AIRs. JEE Advanced 2016 Topper (Rank 1) was taken by IIT Bombay, followed by IIT Delhi who took the next topper (Rank 31). Read below to know about the highest and lowest AIR candidates that were admitted to the top IIT’s. This graph can also you a brief idea about the trend that will follow in 2017.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2017
The whole counselling process for JEE Advanced will be organised by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA), for admission to IIT’s & ISM Dhanbad. However, seat allocation will be done on the basis of the seat matrix list offered by JEE Advanced participating colleges i.e IITs and ISM, Dhanbad between June 19 to July 18, 2017 (Tentatively). Follow the below steps to know more about JEE Advanced Counselling 2017.
Step 1- You need to register online through the official website. For this, enter the same details given in your JEE Advanced Admit Card viz.
- Your JEE Advanced registration number
- JEE Advanced 2017 roll number
- Your date of birth and password
Step 2 – JEE Advanced 2017 Online Choice Filling System
- After registration, students are required to log in by using their Registration No (User ID), Roll No and Password to fill their choice of branch, course and institute. Students are permitted to change, edit, delete or add new choices until finalization of choices.
- Students must lock their final choices before the due dates failing which will to choice locking automatically.
- After locking the choices (minimum of 50 choices), students are suggested to take a print out of their choices.
- If for some reason access to the JCOP (Counselling portal) is denied, students should make a call to the JEE Advanced helpline number provided on the official website or submit an online request to JEE helpline (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 3 – Counselling will be based on the ranking in IITJEE Advanced 2017. Seat allotment for qualified students has been divided into three categories namely,
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
Step 4 - Allocation of College Read about JEE Advanced 2017 Marks Vs Rank List
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2017
- Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) program at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee, will have to PASS the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT).
- Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2017 are eligible to appear in AAT 2017.
- The exam date for AAT 2017 is June 14, 2017.
- Candidates must register online at the JEE Advanced online portal for AAT i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in.
- The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- No separate admit card will be issued for AAT. The original admit card of IIT Advanced should be produced in the AAT examination hall.
JEE Advanced 2017 FAQ’s
Ques. Which document should I upload if I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as separate documents?
Ans. Upload the Class XII marks statement.
Ques. My class XII result is yet to be out. Will I be able to register for JEE Advanced 2017 without uploading Class XII certificate?
Ans. Yes. You do not have to upload any document with respect to Class XII Examination.
Ques. Is the question paper available in Hindi language?
Ans. Yes. JEE Advanced 2017 offers question papers in two languages: English and Hindi. Candidates have to choose the language option during the JEE Advanced 2017 registration.
Ques. What is my login id to apply for JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. Your login is your JEE Main roll number. The password is same as that used for JEE MAIN.
Ques. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017?
Ans. Yes. PIO and OCI card holders are eligible. Please refer to the relevant section of Information Brochure (points 5, 9 and 10) for more information.
Ques. Up to which step can I pay the registration fee without late fee for registering for JEE Advanced 2017?
Ans. If you complete your step 2 by 2nd May 2017, then you can pay the normal fee. But if you complete the step 2 on 3rd or 4th May, then you have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 500.
Ques. Can I sit for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without writing JEE Advanced 2017?
Ans. No. Candidates who qualify in JEE Advanced 2017 will only be eligible for appearing in AAT 2017.
Here is a video on the FAQ’s of JEE Advanced. Check it below:
JEE Advanced 2017 Helpline Number
This year, JEE Advanced will be conducted by IIT, Madras. All queries related to the exam and admission could be directed to the below mentioned address. For information through email, candidates can send in their query anytime. However, for any resolution over the phone, candidates are required to contact the administration between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036
You can reach IIT Madras through the following gates:
Main Gate (in and out) : Opposite to C.L.R.I and beside The Adyar Cancer Institute, on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai.