Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam
JCECE 2017 (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam) is organized by JCECE Board (JCECEB) for admission to B.Sc. Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry and BHMS. Only domicile of Jharkhand are eligible to apply.
- For admission to MBBS/BDS program, scores of NEET 2017 will be considered.
- For admission to B.Tech/B.E program, JCECE Board has announced to conduct JEECE 2017 (PCM group)
May 22, 2017- JEECE Result will be declared soon on the official website. Check JEECE Result
May 16, 2017- JCECE (Combined Entrance Competitive Exam) has been conducted on May 16, 2017. Check JCECE Answer Key and Exam Analysis
May 13, 2017- JEECE has been successfully conducted on May 13, 2017. CheckJEECE Answer Keys and Paper Analysis
May 10, 2017- PECE 2017 Result declared on the official website. Read How to Check JCECEB PECE Result 2017
JCECE is a state level examination, successfully conducted on May 16, 2017. This year, the level of the exam went high which affected the marking scheme. The marking scheme won’t be tough for the exam as expected due to increase in the difficulty level of the exam. Here is the synopsis of the JCECE Exam Analysis 2017:
- Students faced issues with the numerical questions in the physics section while the theoretical part of each section was comparatively easier.
- Physics section in the exam was moderate. Maximum questions were from Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics and Current Electricity which were from moderate-difficult
- Chemistry section in the exam was moderate similar to physics section. Few topics were easy too. Basics of Organic Chemistry and Periodicity of Elements were the dominating topics of this section
- Mathematics was comparatively tricky and difficult. Most of the questions were from Sequence and series and Quadratic Equations.
- Biology section in the exam was moderate- average. Plant Physiology and Ecology and Environment were the dominating topics in this section.
DOWNLOAD FREE JCECE QUESTION PAPER PDF
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS AVAILABLE
Difference Between JCECE and JEECE
- JEECE 2017- JCECE Board has declared to conduct a separate exam for the B.Tech/B.E program from this year. Candidates who wish to seek admission to various engineering colleges in Jharkhand have to apply for JEECE 2017. This exam has one subject group- PCM group (Physics, Chemistry and Maths)
- JCECE 2017- JCECE 2017 is a combined entrance exam for admission to bachelor’s degree programs in Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Homeopathy and B.Tech (Dairy Technology). There are three subject groups in this exam- PCM, PCB and PCMB group.
JCECE Exam Highlights
JCECE offers admission to various professional degree undergraduate program.
- Candidates who wish to apply for B.Tech/B.E have to now appear for JEECE 2017.
- To apply for B.Sc. Forestry or B.Sc. Agriculture, candidate has to appear for either PCB or PCMB subject group while for BHMS program, candidates can only appear for PCMB group.
- JCECE Exam for PCB and PCMB group is organized at Ranchi only.
- There are 16 institutes which offer admission to different courses through JCECE.
The other important highlights of the exam are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||JCECE (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam)|
|State Board||JCECE Board (jharkhand.gov.in/jceceb)|
|Exam Date||May 16, 2017|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.F.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry and BHMS|
JCECE Exam Dates 2017
JCECE Board has announced dates for JCECE 2017. Online applications are available from April 14, 2017 – May 5, 2017 for BHMS and B.Sc. programs. JEECE 2017 Applications will be available till April 24, 2017. Table below gives details of JCECE 2017 Exam Dates for different programs:
|JCECE Online Registration begins from||April 04, 2017|
|Last date to submit the JEECE Application Form||April 24, 2017|
|Last date to submit the JCECE Application Form||May 5, 2017|
|JCECE 2017 Admit Card will be published on||May 11, 2017|
|JCECE 2017 is scheduled on||May 16, 2017|
|JEECE 2017 will be conducted on||May 13, 2017|
|JEECE 2017 Results for B.E/B.Tech will be declared on||May 22, 2017|
|JCECE 2017 Results for BHMS, B.Sc. Agriculture and Forestry will be declared on||May 29, 2017|
|JEECE 2017 Counselling will begin from||First Week of June (Expected)|
|JCECE 2017 Counselling for other courses will begin from||Second Week of June (Expected)|
Read More About JCECE 2017 Exam Day Requirement
JCECE Eligibility 2017
The primary eligibility applicable to all streams to seek admission through JCECE 2017 is a pass in Class 12 from CBSE Board or equivalent with a minimum pass percentage as laid down by the respective board.
- Only domicile of Maharashtra can apply for the exam. Candidates have to produce Residence Certificate at the time of Counselling.
- The lower age limit to apply for JCECE 2017 is 17 years for MBBS/BDS programs while there is no specified age limit for BHMS or B.Sc. courses
- Only physically fit candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates will have to undergo a medical test to verify the same.
The academic qualification required for all the courses is tabulated below:
|B.Sc. Agriculture & Forestry||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 from I.Sc. or equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry along with Mathematics or Biology/Biotechnology|
|B.V.Sc and AH||10+2 or equivalent with aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. The candidate should have also obtained the same percentage|
|BHMS||10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Chemistry along with Biology|
|B.Tech Diary Technology||10+2 or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Candidates must have PCM and english in 12th class.|
|B.F.Sc||10+2 with physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/Biology/Inter(Agriculture)|
JEECE Eligibility 2017
- Candidates who are local or permanent residents of Jharkhand can apply for JEECE 2017.
- Candidate must have passed I.Sc./ 10+2 or any equivalent examination with atleast 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) to apply for the exam.
- Physics and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects along with Chemistry. This exam is conducted for PCM subject group.
Read More About JCECE 2017 Eligibility
How to Fill JCECE 2017 Application Form
- JCECE Application Form can be obtained in online mode only.
- The online application form for JCECE 2017 can be obtained from the official website i.e. jceceb.nic.in.
- The application fee for PCB group is INR 900 for General/BC-I/BC-II category while it is INR 450 for SC/ST/Female candidates.
- The fee can be remitted through credit card/ debit card or net banking. Note that extra service charges will be charged by the bank with the payment.
How to fill JCECE 2017 Application Form
The steps to fill the application form through online mode are given:
Registration and Form Filling
- Visit jceceb.nic.in and find the link to apply for JCECE 2017. Click on the link and you are redirected to a new page
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed to fill the application form.
- Fill the personal details such as Name, Gender, category etc. Also, enter the correct 13 digit Aadhaar Number in the form
- After that mention your preference of JCECE Exam Center and enter the academic and communication details.
- Choose a password and security question to create a login. Submit the details after verifying them.
- You receive an application number. Note it down to log in again.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-100 Kb), signature (50 Kb) and left-hand thumb impression (50 Kb) in JPEG format.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that click on Next to move to fee payment.
Fee Payment and Submission
- The fee can be paid online only. (Application fee- INR 900 for general or INR 450 (for reserved categories)
- Pay the application fee using Debit/Credit card or Net Banking
Read More about JCECE 2017 Application Form
JCECE Admit Card 2017
Candidates can now download the JCECE 2017 Admit Card for B.Tech Dairy Technology and other courses from the official website until the exam day. The admit card needs to be carried to the exam center, failing which candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam center. Following are the steps to download the admit card:
- Open the official website of the JCECEB.
- Click on “Download JCECE 2017 Admit Card”.
- Fill in the credentials asked namely the Registration ID and date of birth in the provided blank fields.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
JCECE Exam Centers 2017
Jharkhand Combined Exam 2017 for PCM Group will be conducted at following cities of Jharkhand. Candidates will be given opportunity to choose 2 of the best suitable test centers for them during the application process. However, final decision for center allotment is in the hands of JCECEB. However, For PCB and PCMB Group exam will be held only in Ranchi.
|List of Exam Centers||Group|
|Ranchi||PCM, PCB & PCMB Group|
JCECE Exam Pattern 2017
JCECE has been conducted in offline mode on May 16, 2017 while JCECE for B.Tech/B.E (JEECE) will be conducted on May 13, 2017. The questions will be of objective type.
- There will be 3 Papers- Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- Questions will be framed on topics from CBSE Class 11 & 12 syllabus.
- You can either appear in English or Hindi for JCECE 2017. In the case of any ambiguity in translation of the exam, English version will be considered final. JCECE 2017 SYLLABUS
Given below are the exam pattern highlights of JCECE 2017:
|Medium||English or Hindi|
|Duration||PCM/PCB group- 3 hours|
|PCMB group- 4 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||PCM/PCB- 150 questions|
|PCMB- 200 questions|
|Total Marks||PCM/PCB- 150 marks|
|PCMB- 200 marks|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer- 1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer- ¼ mark deducted|
- There will be 3 subject groups-PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics), PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology).
- Each section will have 50 MCQs with 4 options.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
The graph given below gives number of questions in each subject group of JCECE 2017:
Here are few important and helpful preparation tips to help candidates to score well in JCECE 2017:
- Candidates must focus more on the important topics from each subject. Also revise important formulae and basic applications from the text books.
- Solving the previous year JCECE Question Papers. Practice online mock tests of the exam keeping in mind the time limit and negative marking in the exam.
- Important Topics for Physics section- Kinematics, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, SHM & Waves, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Important Topics for Chemistry section- Chemical Kinetics and Bonding, Periodicity of Elements, Solid State, Thermodynamics, Basics of Organic Chemistry and Carbonyl Compounds
- Important Topics for Mathematics section- 3D & Vectors, Quadratic Equations, Application of Derivatives, Differential Calculus, Sequence and Series and Probability
- Important Topics for Biology section- Human Physiology, Plant physiology, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment and Genetics
Given below are the preparation books to aid the preparation of JCECE 2017:
|Concepts of Physics (Vol. 1 and 2)||H.C. Verma|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Physical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P Tandon|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
JCECE 2017 Paper Analysis
JCECE was succhessfully conducted on May 16, 2017. Given below is the overall analysis of JCECE 2017:
- Most of the candidates claim the exam to have the repeated pattern of questions which made it easier for the candidates to solve the questions.
- Chemistry and Mathematics section were found to be tricky while Physics section was moderate due to more numerical questions.
Here is the subject wise analysis of JCECE 2017:
Physics Section Analysis
- Physics section in JCECE 2017 was moderate to difficult.
- There were more questions from Current Electricity and Thermodynamics.
- Electrostatics and Current Electricity were difficult topics in the exam.
Given below is the topic wise weightage of questions in Physics section:
Chemistry Section Analysis
- Chemistry section had similar questions from the previous year papers. It was moderate and few topics were easy.
- Perodicity of Elements and Solid State were the most difficult as reviewed by candidates.
- Carbonyl compounds was the easiest topic in the exam
Given below is the topic wise weightage of Chemistry section:
Mathematics Section Analysis
- Mathematics section was average to moderate in the exam
- Application of Derivatives and Quadratic Equations were most difficult topics in the exam
- Easiest topic in the exam was Probability.
Given below is the topic wise weightage of Mathematics section:
Biology Section Analysis
- This section was moderate alike every section in the exam.
- Plant Physiology and Ecology and Environment were the dominating topics . Plant Physiology was difficult while Ecology and Environment was moderate as reviewed by students
- Other topics in the exam were of moderate difficulty level.
Check the graph below for topic wise weightage in JCECE Biology section:
JCECE Result 2017
JCECEB will declare the JCECE 2017 Results on the official website May 29, 2017. Candidates have to enter the registration number and password. Verify and submit the details to check the result. Also, the marks obtained are evaluated and considered for candidates’ selection to the applied course.
Given below are the steps to check the JCECE Result 2017:
- Visit the official website of JCECE Board and find the link to check the result
- Click on the link and select the course applied
- After that, enter the application number and password to login
- Submit the details and download the scorecard.
JCECE Merit List 2017
The JCECE Board (JCECEB) will prepare two Merit Lists namely, Combined Merit List and Category-Wise Result for JCECE 2017. The list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates. This list will be used at the time of JCECE Counselling for allocation of seats as follow-
- Merit List for Engineering- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Merit List for MBBS/BDS/Ayurvedic- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Merit List for Agriculture/Forestry- The merit list for the candidates appearing for this examination is prepared after the combined evaluation of the scores of PCM and PCB group.
Read About JCECE 2017 MERIT LIST
JCECE Counselling 2017
JCECE 2017 Counselling will be held in July 2017 and August 2017. The counselling process for the examination is carried out in two rounds- Round 1 & Round 2, which are as follows:
First Round of Counselling
- Candidates are selected on the basis of rank obtained in JCECE 2017.
- Only after proper verification of all the required original certificates/documents, candidate will be allowed to make selections of the Institute and Course/Stream on Merit-Cum-Choice as per his/her Merit Order.
Second Round of Counselling
- In case there are any non-allotted seats even after the first Round of Counselling then the JCECEB chooses to host the Second Round of Counselling.
- The rules and criteria is similar to the First Round of Counselling.
JCECE 2017 Seat Allotment
- It is only after the release of JCECE Merit List that the seat allotment procedure will start.
- It involves selection of the desired seats by the candidate with a higher rank. This list will be combined as well as a category list.
- Combined list will display the ranking of all the candidates whereas category list will display the ranking of the candidates belonging to a particular category such as SC/ST, OBC.
- There is a tie breaker rule that will be followed for the preparation of these lists.
- Seat allotment is done in multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats. This procedure will be conducted online and the entire schedule for JCECE 2017 Seat Allotment will also be online.
JCECE Cut Off
JCECE 2017 Cut off will depend on several factors such as availability of seats, choice of stream, level of difficulty of the exam. It will be released on the official website after the declaration of results.
- There will be 2 separate lists -General Merit List and Category wise merit list.
- The candidates seeking admission in Computer Science engineering and Information technology courses need to score well and secure ranks within first 200 – 300 ranks in the merit list.
- Electronic & Communication Engineering is also expected to have a fairly high cutoff.
The following table will give you an idea of the expected cutoff rank for BIT Sindri, Jharkhand , which is one of the most sought after college for admissions through JCECE 2017.
|Engineering Streams||Seat Intake||Maximum Expected Rank|
|Computer Science Engineering||38||200|
|Electronic & Communication Engineering||52||375|
JCECE Participating Institutes 2017
JCECE is a state level exam conducted for admission in B.Tech, B.Sc. and BHMS courses offered at various participating institutes as mentioned below :-
- Government of Engineering College, Dumka
- Government of Engineering College,Chaibsa
- B.A. College of Engineering & Technology,Ghatsila,Jamshedpur
- Government of Engineering College,Ramgarh
- CIT Tatsilwai,Tatsilwai, Ranchi
- Guru Govind Singh Educational Society Technical Campus Kandra, Chas, Bokaro
- DAV Institute of Engineering & Technology, Medininagar
- KK College of Engineering & Management, Dhanbad
- Maryland Institute of Technology & Management, Dimna Road,Jamshedpur
- Ramchandra Chandarvansi Institute of Technology, Bish,Ranchirampur,Palamau
- Nilai Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Thakurgaon,Burmu,Ranchi
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
- RTC Institute of Technology, Ormanjhi, Ranchi
- BIT Sindri
- RVS College of Engineering & Technology,Jamshedpur
- University College of Engineering & Technology, VBU Hazaribagh
Ques. When is JCECE 2017?
Ans. JCECE 2017 was scheduled to be conducted on May 14, 2017 but it has now been postponed to May 16, 2017. If you have applied for B.Tech/B.E Entrance exam i.e. JEECE 2017 then you have to appear for the exam on May 14, 2017. This has been done as the exam was clashing with NEET 2017.
Ques. I am a resident of Jharkhand but I passed Class XII from West Bengal. Am I eligible for JCECE?
Ans. Yes you can apply for JCECE 2017. You must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If in case you don’t possess a domicile of Jharkhand then you can also apply on the basis of your parents’ domicile.
Ques. How to edit application form after submission?
Ans. You are not permitted to edit any detail in the JCECE Application form 2017 after submitting it. But JCECE Board might open the JCECE Form Correction window for corrections in the form as there was a lot of confusion among the students about the exam this year.
Ques. If I wish to take admission in BIT Sindri then I have to appear got JEECE or JCECE?
Ans. Since BIT Sindri offers admission to various streams of engineering (B.Tech). Thus, you have to appear for JEECE 2017 to seek admission to BIT Sindri. Apply online for the exam till April 24, 2017. JEECE Exam will now be conducted on May 14, 2017.
Ques. I wanted to apply for B.Tech but I have filled JCECE Application form for Dairy Technology. How can I change?
Ans. You cannot change the form type. You have applied for the wrong exam. Apply for JEECE separately on the official website of JCECE Board. Last date to fill the form is April 24, 2017.
Ques. I filled PCMB group as NEET and JEECE were scheduled on the same day but now that the dates have been revised can I apply for PCM Group now?
Ans. You must have filled JCECE Application form for the PCMB group. You cannot modify the details in the submitted application form so the subject group cannot be modified now. It is expected that JCECE Board might open a form correction window so that the candidates can edit their JCECE Application form.
Ques. My relatives are domicile of Jharkhand but I am not. Am I eligible to apply?
Ans. No you can neither apply for JCECE nor JEECE. You have to be a permanent or local domicile of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If you or your parents are a domicile of Jharkhand only then you can apply for the exam.
Ques. What are the documents required for Bio Stream in JCECE?
Ans. For Bio stream (PCB group) you are required to carry the following documents to the allotted counselling center:
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric/10th /Any Equivalent Examination
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional of I.SC. /10+2/Any Equivalent Examination
- Local Resident Certificate issued by S.D.O (Civil) /D.C of Jharkhand state
- One postcard and six passport size photographs same as the one uploaded in the Application Form
- Counselling Letter, if provided by the Board
- JCECE 2017 Admit Card