ITSAT (Admission Test for ICFAI Tech) 2018 is conducted for the admission of applicants into various higher education programs and courses. It is a University level entrance exam. The examination is conducted for candidates who are interested in engineering courses. The exam is held by the ICFAI foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad.
- Application form will be available probably in the month of April, 2018.
- ITSAT is conducted for providing admission into five ICFAI Tech campuses located at Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Hyderabad and Jaipur.
- ITSAT 2018 Application Form will be accessible on the official website of the institute.
- In the application form, candidates will have to fill the required credentials.
- The exam will be held in the offline mode viz. pen and paper-based.
- The questions will be however MCQ type or objective.
- The total time for the question paper will be of 2 hours.
- The questions in the exam will be from 4 topics namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- The total number of problems will be 120 and each subject of the question paper will have 30 questions.
- ITSAT 2018 counseling procedure will commence from the 1st week of June 2018.
ITSAT 2018 Important Dates
The application process generally commences from 3rd week of March 2018 and goes on till 2nd week of April 2018.
|Online application starts from||First week of March 2018|
|Online application form submission Last date||Third week April 2018|
|ITSAT 2018 test scheduling date||First week March 2018 to First week May 2018|
|Admit card announce||At the time of scheduling|
|Exam date (online mode)||First week May 2018 to Third week May 2018|
|Exam date (offline mode)||First week May 2018|
|Result announce||Fourth week May 2018|
|Counseling starts||First week June 2018|
|Reporting & Registration||First August 2018|
ITSAT 2018 Eligibility
The common eligibility criteria for all courses are:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Candidates should have cleared the secondary and senior secondary level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Math and English as compulsory subjects.
- It is necessary to have 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates appearing for final exams and awaiting for final result are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Applicant should fulfill the minimum age criteria set by the exam conducting body.
- Applicants who have finished 12 years of official schooling in order to be eligible for IBSAT 2018.
- Admission is based on scores secured in ITSAT 2018 / JEE (Main) 2018 / State Level / Other National Level Engineering Entrance Tests (2018).
ITSAT 2018 Application Form
Applicants have the option of filling the application form online or offline.
- Firstly, visit the official website of ITSAT
- Click on the link “ITSAT 2018 admission”
- Fill in the required details.
- After successfully filling the application form, applicants can get their registration ID number for the exam.
- Applicants now have to upload their passport size photograph (4.5*3.5cm) and signature in JPEG format.
- The size of the file should not exceed be 50kb and 40kb minimum.
- To finish the registration process, the payment needs to be done.
- The application fee can be paid by credit card /debit card, net banking.
- Once applicant has submitted the duly filled application form, no changes will be allowable in the application form.
- Candidates can also track their application through login window by entering their login details.
- There is no need to send the application form to the exam conducting body.
- Candidates can fill the application online in the above link & download the Application Form. After successfully filling the application form send it to the Admissions Office along with the DD of INR 700.
- Send the application and DD (“IFHE – Prospectus Fee A/c ITSAT 2018” payable at Hyderabad.) through speed post or courier to below mentioned address:
Admissions Officer (B.Tech. Program)
ITSAT Office, 3rd Floor, Plot # 65, Nagarjuna Hills,
Punjagutta, Hyderabad-500082, Telangana State.
Ph: 040-23440967, Toll Free: 1800-425-0767
Details in Application Form
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name||Enter full name|
|Gender||Choose gender among Male, Female or Transgender|
|Category||Choose your category (general, SC,ST or OBC)|
|Date of birth||Enter Date of birth correctly|
|Email id||Enter a valid email id. All further communication will be done through this.|
|Academic Details||Enter your qualification starting from the most recently acquired degree|
|Correspondence Details||Fill your complete address|
|ID proof details||Fill your Aadhar card details|
|contact telephone numbers||Fill in 10 digits of valid phone number.|
|Photograph||Minimum size should be 35×45 mm.|
Aspirants can deposit the fee through online mode (payment gateways like net banking, debit card, credit card). Or the fee can also be paid by DD (“IFHE – Prospectus Fee A/c ITSAT 2018” payable at Hyderabad.
The application fee is INR 700.
Correction in Application form- There is no provision for correction for details once entered in the application. Therefore, it is required to upload the details very carefully.
ITSAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit cards will be available online on the official website www.ITSATindia.org. To receive an admit card, applicants have to book a slot. ITSAT 2018 Admit Card will be available from the 1st week of 2018 to the 1st week of May 2018 for download. ITSAT Admit card will not be delivered to candidate via courier or post services. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card. You shall also bring one photo ID proof (driving license/ voter ID /PAN card/Aadhar card or any other govt. ID, a notarized Affidavit with photo) in which the photo of applicant is attached and clearly visible.
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for ITSAT 2018 without showing correct and suitable photo identification.
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Firstly, visit the official website
- Use the application number and password to log in.
- Locate the “Admit card” tab.
- Click on the tab
- The admit card will get opened in a separate screen and can be downloaded from here.
ITSAT 2018 Exam Center
A total 19 exam centers have been finalized for the entrance test. The exam will be held in the 1st week of May 2018 to the 3rd week of May 2018 in several districts of the state of India namely
The test centers are allocated on first cum first serve basis. It is a very rare condition when candidate is allocated a test center other than his preferred test center. The university however takes no request for change of exam centers.
ITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
ITSAT 2018 will be a 2 hour online based exam.
- It will contain 120 questions from 3 topics namely Physics, chemistry, English and Mathematics.
- One mark is awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking.
- The syllabus will be similar to the syllabus of the higher secondary examination.
- Attempting all the 120 questions is compulsory.
- The questions will be however MCQ type or objective. You have to choose one option from a given choice of 4 options.
- There will be 30 questions from each subject/section.
|Mode of Examination||Online/ Offline|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Duration of Exam||2 hrs.|
|Sections in Paper||3 Physics chemistry and Mathematics|
ITSAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of ITSAT 2018 exam will cover various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics. The syllabus will be similar to higher secondary examination (12th class).
The list of important topics for all 3 subjects is as follows:
|Physics||Measurement, Kinematics, Rotational motion & moment of inertia, Work energy & power, Gravitation, Properties of solid & fluids, Oscillation, Waves, Force & laws of motion, Light, Magnetism, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Heat & thermodynamics, Effect of electric current, Electron, photon & radio activity, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current and Semiconductor.|
|Chemistry||Atomic structure, Solutions, Solid States, Chemical bond, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Thermo chemistry & thermodynamics, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry and Surface Chemistry. Principles of metallurgical operations, Chemical periodicity, Comparative study of elements, Transitions metals, Co-ordination compound and Chemical analysis. Chemistry of hydro carbon, Organic compounds containing organic oxygen, Chemistry in daily life, Organic compounds based on functional group containing nitrogen and Bio molecules.|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and Its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Straight Lines, Circles, Conic Sections, Three-dimensional geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning|
|English||Reading comprehension, Diction, Formation of effective sentences, sentence completion, vocabulary, common errors|
ITSAT 2018 Preparation Books
Following are few books that can be used by candidates to prepare for ITSAT 2018:
|Name of book||Author||Subject|
|NCERT Physics for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Physics|
|Concepts of Physics volume 1 and 2||H. C. Verma||Physics|
|NCERT Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Chemistry|
|NCERT Mathematics for Class 11th and 12th.||NCERT||Mathematics|
|Success Package (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)||Arihant||-|
ITSAT 2018 Result
ITSAT 2018 Result will be announced in the 4th week of May 2018. The results will be uploaded on their official website and can be checked from there. The results declared will be on the basis of the cut-off list.
If the student does not meet the cutoff list declaration, the student will not be qualified for counseling. Separate merit list will be prepared by the exam conducting committee and posted on the official website.
There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets.
Steps to check Result
- Firstly, visit the official website
- Use the application number and password to log in.
- Locate the “check Result” tab.
- Click on the tab
- The result will be displayed
ITSAT 2018 Cut off
Cutoff list will be provided by the conducting body.
Factors affecting the cutoff
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of seats offered
- Total number of applicants who appeared for the exam
- Previous Year’s Cutoff Trends
ITSAT 2018 Counselling
ITSAT 2018 counseling procedure will commence from the 1st week of June 2018. No call letter will be sent to applicant individually. The counseling will be held online. Candidates need to register online for ITSAT counseling procedure. After registering, they need to fill the options of colleges according to their choice and rank.
The seat will be allotted on the basis of options filled by candidates and availability of seat. All candidates who are offered conditional admission are required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) on or before September 15, 2018, failing which the provisional admission may stand cancelled. The allocation of University & Branch of engineering is based on applicant’s performance in ITSAT / JEE (Main) 2018 / State Level / Other National Level Engineering Entrance Tests (2018) and the preferences indicated in the Application Form.
Documents Required for Counselling
(a) All mark sheets/grade reports and certificates, Original of Class X and XII, Transfer Certificate, Leaving Certificate and Character Certificate from School.
(b) In case candidate belongs to SC, ST or non-creamy layer of OBC categories, Original caste Certificate as per Central Govt. is required.
(c) Medical Certificate should be presented if candidate is Physically Challenged (PC). It should be issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
(d) In case the Date of Birth is not mentioned in Class X Certificate, Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate is required for the same.
(e) Original e- Admit Card, counseling letter from ICAR should also be present with candidate.
(f) Three recent and clear passport size colored photographs need to be submitted. They should have candidates name and date mentioned at the back.
(g) Domicile certificate.
(h) Authority letter/undertaking in the prescribed format (Annexure-III of IB), if applicant is incapable of attending the counseling personally.
Question 1. Can the details entered by me in the application form be edited/ changed later?
No, the details once confirmed cannot be changed.
Question 2. Is the application fee refundable?
No, the application fee is non-refundable.
Question 3. Can I pay by DD or cheque or cash?
Yes DD is allowed in the name of “IFHE – Prospectus Fee A/c ITSAT 2018” payable at Hyderabad
Question 4. Is the application form available to fill in the offline mode?
Yes, and the DD and application form then needs to be sent to the university.