IRMA 2017 Registration, Dates, Exam Pattern
The IRMA 2017 Application Process for ISC exam 2017 will end on December 30, 2016 (online mode). The last date of IRMA 2017 application process for offline mode was December 23, 2016. The exam is scheduled for Feburary 12, 2017. The exam is conducted in online mode. The ISC test is available only for Indian students. The IRMA 2017 International student selection procedure is different from that of Indian students. Besides International students are eligible for admission to only PRM course.
Those applicants who have successfully completed the application process can access their IRMA 2017 Admit Card online from the official website of IRMA from February 2017. The exam has multiple choice questions and the duration of IRMA exam is 2 hours. The marking scheme of IRMA is 1 mark each for correct answer and 0.25 negetive mark for each wrong answer. Check IRMA 2017 Exam Pattern
The results of IRMA 2017 are expected to be declared on March 31, 2017. The candidates can check their results online on the official website of IRMA. After the declaration of result, IRMA Cutoff will be announced according to which candidates will be shortlisted for further rounds of selection. Check IRMA 2017 Results
IRMA (Institute of Rural Management Anand) conducts Issues of Social Concern (ISC) Examination for admission to Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management (PRM) and Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM). The candidates must also appear in CAT 2016/ XAT 2017 to be eligible for IRMA Examination.
IRMA 2017 Important Dates
IRMA has announced the entire schedule of notable dates related to the admission procedure for PRM as well as FPRM course. The table summarizes the important dates of various events for IRMA 2017.
|Last date of submission of application||Offline||Online|
|December 23, 2016||December 30, 2016|
|Issue of IRMA Admit card||February 2017|
|“Issues Of Social Concern (ISC) Test ( For Indian Nationals )||February 2017|
|Intimation for Group Activity And Personal Interview ( For Indian Nationals )||February 2017|
|Group Activity And Personal Interview ( For Indian Nationals )||March 2017|
|Last Date To Submit Applications (For Foreign Nationals)||Last week of March 2017|
|Telephonic Personal Interview (TPI) (For Overseas Applicants)||4th Week Of April 2017|
|Declaration Of Final Results||March 31, 2017|
|Last Date To Submit Acceptance Form With Initial Fee (Online) Of Rs.5000||April 27, 2017|
|Last Date To Deposit First Year Fee (Online)||April 30, 2017|
|Classes On Bridge Course On Mathematics||June 2017|
|Induction Program||Second week of June 2017|
|Beginning Of First Term||Last week of June 2017|
|Fellow Program In Rural Management (FPRM)|
|Last Date To Receive Completed Applications offline||December 23, 2016|
|Last Date To Receive Completed Applications Online||December 30, 2016|
|“Issues Of Social Concern (ISC)” Test||February 2017|
|Intimation For Personal Interview||3rd Week of March 2017|
|Personal Interview||1st Week of May 2017|
|Declaration Of Final Results||3rd Week of May 2017|
|Classes On Bridge Course On Mathematics||Second week of June 2017|
|Induction Program||Third week of June 2017|
|Beginning Of First Term||Last week of June 201|
IRMA 2017 Application Process
To apply for IRMA 2017 and appear in Issues of Social concern (ISC) 2017 the candidates must register themselves with IRMA. The applicants of both FPRM and PRM need to follow the same IRMA 2017 registration process. The last date to apply for IRMA 2017 through online mode is December 30, 2016. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of IRMA.
Step 2: Click on the IRMA 2017 registration link.
Step 3: Register with a valid Email ID.
Step 4: An email will then be sent which will contain a one-time link for setting your profile password.
Step 5: The applicants can set a password by clicking on the link. The candidates can use the Email ID and password to log in to his/her profile in future.
Note: The registered mobile number & email Id in the profile is important because at various stages of the IRMA application process, details of Roll No., Exam venue, Result, Final selection will be conveyed through them.
Once the candidates are registered they can log in the official website to complete the IRMA 2017 application process. The candidates can apply to IRMA 2017 via the same IRMA 2017 application form.
IRMA 2017 Online Application mode: The application process of IRMA 2017 via online mode is as follows:
Step 1: The candidates have to login using any one of these details according to the IRMA payment mode they have opted.
- Registered Email ID and password.
- SBI Challan ID issued by the SBI bank.
- Receipt Number obtained at IMS learning center.
Step 2: The applicants have to fill these particulars online.
- Course: The applicants should mention CAT 2016 or XAT 2017 registration ID for PRM course. If the candidates has appeared in both CAT2016 & XAT2017, then the applicant has to mention both the IDs. CAT 2016 OR XAT 2017 registration ID is required for FPRM course.
- Income Information
- Documents and Declaration
Step 3: If the applicants have registered via Email ID and opt the IRMA application fees online, they will redirected to payment page where they will have to pay via Debit card/ Credit card or Net Banking.
Step 4: Once submitted an application No. will be generated which should be saved by the candidate for future reference.
Step 5: The students can click on the Profile button and download or print the summary page of the application form.
IRMA 2017 OfflineApplication mode: The IRMA 2017 application form can be obtained in the Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 38800. The candidates can fill the form and send it to the same address along with a demand draft in the favor of IRMA, payable at Anand.
Note: The BPL candidates can send a request by post or courier to the Admissions Office along with a photocopy of self-attested latest proof of BPL status. They will receive hard copy of prospectus, application form as well as sample question paper.
Note: The candidates can track their respective IRMA application status online as well as via SMS.
Read More AboutIRMA Application Process
IRMA 2017 Eligibility
The IRMA 2017 eligibility rules for both the PRM and FPRM courses differ from each other. There is no particular age limit criteria for IRMA 2017.
IRMA 2017 Eligibility for FPRM course
The applicants must fulfill any one of the below listed IRMA 2017 eligibility criteria to be able to apply for FPRM:
- Post-Graduation from a recognized university or institution(in any discipline )
- Minimum percentage at PG is 55% marks.
- Minimum percentage at UG is 50 %.
- Five-year professional degree -medicine, veterinary science, architecture
- Minimum percentage is 60%.
- Work experience is at least one year.
- Four-year professional degree in any one of the following disciplines-engineering, agricultural sciences
- Minimum percentage is 60%.
- Work experience is at least three years.
Note: For SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled Persons the eligibility is 5% lower than those mentioned above for the General category.
The following applicants are exempted from applying in the IRMA Online test and are directly called for interview:
- If the applicants have PGDRM from IRMA or
- PGDRDM from IRMA with one year work experience after diploma.
- A valid score of UGC JRF in these disciplines-management, economics, social work, sociology, psychology, commerce, etc.
Note: Only appearing in NET does not qualify the applicants to obtain an exemption from the Admissions test IRMA 2017. The applicants must have an UGC JRF score.
Exceptional case: If a person does not have a PG Degree but possess an exceptional professional experience and proven competence which can be put at equal stature with a PG degree are also considered for admission to the Programme.
- In such a case the candidate’s work, experience and contributions will be assessed by the FPRM Executive Committee. An equivalence to the respective PG course will be evaluated.
IRMA 2017 Eligibility for PRM course
The applicants of PRM course must satisfy the following IRMA 2017 eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a Graduate in any discipline (10+2+3, a minimum tenure of 15 years education)
- For General category minimum percentage at graduation is 50%.
- For SC/ST/DAP minimum percentage is 45 % percent.
- The CGPA must be converted into equivalent marks as per the rules of the concerned university or institution. If not, the equivalence will be established by IRMA.
- IRMA’s rule of calculating equivalent marks for CGPA: Obtained CGPA /the maximum possible CGPA * 100.
- Those who are yet to be a graduate but expect to complete all the criteria of graduation before June 13, 2017 can also apply.
IRMA 2017 Reservation
IRMA has not declared any specific IRMA 2017 reservation rules. But certain information is mentioned by IRMA which are stated below:
- No management quota is available for admission to PRM at IRMA.
- For reservation of SC/T/OBC/DAP applicants IRMA follows the statutory reservation policy of Government of India.
IRMA 2017 Admit Card
The IRMA 2017 admit card has been made available online in the official website of IRMA on February 9, 2017. Those candidates have successfully submitted the IRMA 2017 application form can receive the IRMA Admit Card from the official website by these steps:
- Visit the official website of IRMA.
- The candidates have to click on the “Application status” link.
- They can log in using their registered Email Id and password/Application No.
- The candidates can download and take a print out of their admit card.
It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the IRMA admit card for the ISC test. Besides the candidates must also carry these documents for appearing the ISC Test:
- Identification card which can be Voter ID, Driving License etc.
- 2 photographs of the candidate.
IRMA 2017 Test Center
The candidates appearing in the ISC test can chose their test center while filling the IRMA 2017 application. However IRMA has the rights to change the Test center from the one mentioned by the candidate in case the latter is not available. The test center number and venue will be mentioned in the IRMA admit card. This is the list of IRMA Test Centers across the country.
|Anand / Changa / VV Nagar||Jaipur||Varanasi|
|Bangalore / Tumkur||Lucknow / Barabanki / Sitapur / Unnao||Delhi NCR (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida)|
|Bhopal / Vidisha||Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Thane||Indore / Dewas|
|Greater Kolkata / Kalyani||Nagpur||Bhubaneswar / Cuttack / Khurda|
|Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||Patna / Hajipur / Bihta||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Chennai||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||Pune / Pimpri Chinchwad / Talegaon|
|Guwahati / Ri Boi / Mirza||Ranchi||Vishakhapatnam|
|Hyderabad / Rangareddy / Secunderabad||Udaipur||Kochi / Ernakulam|
Note: Request for change of IRMA Test Center will not be entertained.
IRMA 2017 Exam Pattern
IRMA Exam will be conducted in February 2017 for admission to PRM and FPRM programme. IRMA Exam Pattern consists of 4 sections. This table of IRMA 2017 Exam pattern will guide the candidates about the nature of question, difficulty level and important topics for preparation.
|Number of sections||4|
|Types of sections|
Analytical Reasoning (50 questions)
English comprehension(50 questions)
Quantitative Aptitude(40 questions)
Issues of Social Concern(60 questions)
|Time Duration||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs), 5 choices for each question|
|Marking Scheme||Yes,1/4th mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Mode of Exam||online|
IRMA 2017 Syllabus
The candidates applying to IRMA examination must go through the entire IRMA Syllabus and follow the IRMA preparation tips for obtaining optimum score. This section below describes the various topics the candidates must focus on each section of IRMA 2017 syllabusand prepare accordingly.
1. Analytical reasoning:
This section involves logical reasoning, Sitting arrangements, Data analysis, Cause and Effect, Coding- Decoding, data sufficiency, Statement and Conclusion, Linear arrangement and other analytical questions that will assess the knowledge, skill and the ability to study group of facts and find out the correct or true statement.
2. English comprehension:
This section will include Comprehension passages, cloze test. Sentence correction, Synonym and Antonyms, Para Jumble, and other questions to judge the language and grammatical knowledge of the candidate. For comprehension passage, the candidate will have to read the passage and answer questions on the basis of their understanding of the passage.
This section involves questions of data interpretation and mathematical queries. The questions are generally based on the following topics:
Number series, Geometry, Algebra, Probability, Simple interest, Compound interest, Permutation, Time and work, Average, Combinations, etc. To attempt this section, Candidate needs a basic understanding of number system, mathematical problem solving ability and speed.
4. Issues of social concern:
IRMA has designed this section to assess knowledge of the candidate on Current National issues , Social problems , Rural development, Rural economy, Rural management and other developmental issues. This section is unique part of IRMA.
IRMA 2017 Preparation Tips
The candidates of IRMA 2017 must have adequate knowledge of the IRMA 2017 exam pattern and syllabus before appearing in the examination. This is a quick overview of some important preparation tips the applicants of IRMA 2017 can go through before attempting the examination.
- They should go through the various IRMA sample papers and IRMA practice papers.
- Update your general knowledge and keep a track of latest current affairs.
- Read Newspapers and Magazines for current affairs and general knowledge questions.
- Candidates must practice sample papers to learn time management.
- The candidates can go through the IRMA 2016 Exam analysis.
- They should also go through the topics covered in the IRMA 2017 Examination.
IRMA 2017 Result
The candidates who have appeared in the ISC test 2017 can access their results online in the official website of IRMA. The candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps to check their IRMA Result.
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link of IRMA 2017 result in their homepage.
- Enter the details of Registration number, Roll No and Password.
- On submission the candidates can obtain their individual results. The candidates can take a print out of the result for further reference.
IRMA 2017 Counselling for Indian Students
IRMA 2017 will follow a 5 stage Counselling process for the students starting from CAT 2015/XAT 2017 scores. The details of IRMA 2017 Counselling Process are explained in the following steps.
- The applicants must clear the CAT 2016 and XAT 2017 cut offs set by IRMA to appear in the IRMA exam.
- Once the candidate has cleared the CAT or XAT cut offs, he/she has to appear in Issues of Social Concern Test conducted by IRMA.
- IRMA then announces a merit list based on the ISC test and CAT 2016/ XAT 2017 which shortlist candidates for GD and PI.
- Based on the Issues of Social Concern merit list, the candidate will be further called for Group discussion and Personal interview.
- IRMA will finally select students for admission based on the scores of CAT 2016/XAT 2017, ISC test, GD and PI. IRMA 2017 follows this format of weightage:
- CAT 2016/XAT 2017: 50
- ISC Test: 25
- GD and PI: 25
IRMA 2017 International Students Selection Procedure
International students are not eligible to apply to FPRM course. They are not required to attend the Issues of Social Concern Test for admission to PRM course. Hence the international applicants have to undergo a different selection process for admission to PRM course.
- Based on GMAT/GRE Scores (taken on or after January 2011) OR CAT 2016 OR XAT 2017 scores the applicants are selected for telephonic interview is scheduled for the last week of April, 2017.
- The final selection is made by a score normalization scheme which is as follows:
- GMAT / GRE Scores (taken on or after January 2012) / CAT2016 OR XAT2017 test will be reduce to equivalent marks of 60.
- TPI score will be reduced to equivalent marks of 40.
IRMA 2017 Cutoffs
IRMA will have separate cut off lists at different stages of selection for CAT 2016 or XAT 2017, ISC test and Total score (combined cut off list). The IRMA 2017 merit list will be evaluated on the basis of IRMA 2017 normalization score. The candidates can follow the below listed steps to check their final IRMA 2017 cutoffs:
- Click on the link of official website.
- Click on the IRMA 2017 cut off list.
- The candidates can compare their individual score with the IRMA 2017 Cut off list and evaluate their eligibility for admission to PRM or FPRM course.
The final IRMA 2017 merit list for each of the category as well for the normalized CAT 2016, XAT 2017 and ISC score is given below.
|Category||CAT 2015 Percentile||XAT 2016 Percentile||ISC Marks (Out of 40)|