IRMA 2018 Registration, Dates, Exam Pattern
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will soon release the official dates for IRMA Exam 2018. The exam is conducted for admissions to 3 courses viz. Fellowship Programme in Rural Management (FPRM), Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Certificate in Rural Management.
- IRMA Application Form will be available in both online and offline modes from October 2017 onwards.
- Registrations in offline mode can be last done until December 2017.
- Registrations in online mode can be last done until January 2018.
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory to apply for IRMA Exam. Check IRMA Eligibility
- Candidates who register successfully will appear for IRMA 2018 in February.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode, which will be divided amongst 4 sections (Quantitative Ability, English Comprehension, Issues of Social Concern and Analytical Reasoning). Check IRMA Exam Pattern
- Candidates who appear for the exam can check IRMA Result from March 2018 onwards.
- It will release at the official website i.e.irma.ac.in. Shortlisted students will then proceed towards the subsequent selection rounds.
For PGDRM, students will be selected on the basis of Admission Test, Group Activity and Personal Interview. For admission in FPRM, candidates have to clear admissions rounds such as Admission Test, Interview, and Presentation of an Essay.
Highlights of IRMA Exam
|Exam Name||IRMA Exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses Offered||Fellowship Programme in Rural Management (FPRM), Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Certificate in Rural Management (CRM)|
IRMA 2018 Exam Dates
IRMA 2018 exam dates have not been announced yet. However, the application forms are expected to be out in the first week of October 2017. The tentative schedule for IRMA 2018 is given below:
|Release of IRMA 2018 Application Form||First week of October 2017|
|Last Date to submit Offline Application Form||Fourth week of December 2017|
|Last Date to submit Online Application Form||Third week of January 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form by Foreign Nationals||Fourth week of January 2018|
|Issuance of IRMA 2018 Admit Card||First week of February 2018|
|Online Admission Test||Second week of February 2018|
|Dates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview||First to Third week of March 2018|
|Telephonic Interview for Foreign Nationals||Fourth week of March 2018|
|Declaration of Final IRMA 2018 Result||Last week of March 2018|
IRMA 2018 Eligibility
There are different eligibility criteria for different courses. They have been given below:
- Post Graduation Program in Rural Development- Completion of graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Program in Rural Management (PRM)- Possession of at least 50% aggregate marks in graduation. However, there is 5 % relaxation for candidates from for SC/ST/DAP (Differently abled Person). Candidates appearing in their final year examination of graduation level can also apply for Program in Rural Management (PRM).
- Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM) should have completed
- PGDRM from IRMA
- Post-graduation in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks
- Five-year professional degree with at least 60 percent marks aggregate (architecture, law, veterinary) with at least one year of work experience (55percent for SC/ST/DAP/OBC candidates)
- Four-year professional course (engineering, agricultural sciences etc.) with at least 60 percent marks aggregate at the end of the course with at least 3 years of work experience (55 percent for
- Candidates with valid score in UGC JRF in relevant courses (management, economics, social work, sociology, psychology, commerce, etc.,) can apply for Fellow Program in Rural Management.
- There is no age limit for IRMA 2018.
- Foreign Nationals can apply directly on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- Candidates of Indian Origin will have to present CAT/XAT/GMAT Score, as well as appear in a mandatory exam of ‘Issues of Social Concern’.
Read More IRMA Eligibility
IRMA Registration 2018
- Candidates can apply for IRMA 2018 online as well as offline. The registrations will begin in October 2017.
- There is a common application form for PRM and FPRM programs. An applicant may apply for two programs by using one application form.
- Candidates can fill IRMA 2018 Application Form in any of the given modes:
IRMA Offline Application Form 2018
- Candidates can obtain their printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 by paying full admission fees.
- Candidates applying through offline mode are required to send the application form along with required documents to the authority address.
IRMA Online Application Form 2018
- Candidates can register themselves at the official website of IRMA i.e. irma.ac.in.
- They must provide their personal and academic details.
- A requisite application fee must be paid to complete the registrations.
IRMA 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee varies for candidates applying offline and online.
- For online mode, candidates can make use of debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates can get a bank challan of SBI.
- Candidates applying online will get a discount of INR 75.
- Foreign Nationals applying for IRMA 2018 can use the online payment gateway. The amount will be INR 2000. They will be given a choice to pay by INR or their home currency.
Here is the IRMA Application Fee:
To Pay Fee Online
|Number of Courses||General and OBC Candidates||SC/ST/DAP Candidates|
|1||INR 1200||INR 600|
|2||INR 1600||INR 800|
To Pay Fee Offline
|Number of Courses||General and OBC Candidates||SC/ST/DAP Candidates|
|1||INR 1275||INR 675|
|2||INR 1675||INR 875|
IRMA 2018 Admit Card
- IRMA 2018 Admit Card will be available by the first week of February 2018.
- All candidates who have successfully applied for IRMA Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website.
- IRMA will not issue any hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without IRMA 2018 Admit Card. They must carry the admit card with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
Here are the steps to download IRMA Admit Card:
- Visit the official website i.e. irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2018 Admit Card’
- Login to your application account through your registration number
- Download and take a print out of IRMA 2018 Admit Card
Download IRMA Admit Card
IRMA 2018 Exam Centers
Following are the exam test centers for IRMA 2018. These centres are spread across India. Candidates should be present at the examination center at least one hour prior to the commencement of the exam.
|IRMA Exam Centres 2018|
|Anand / Changa / VV Nagar||Jaipur||Varanasi|
|Bangalore / Tumkur||Lucknow / Barabanki / Sitapur / Unnao||Delhi NCR (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida)|
|Bhopal / Vidisha||Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Thane||Indore / Dewas|
|Greater Kolkata / Kalyani||Nagpur||Bhubaneswar / Cuttack / Khurda|
|Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||Patna / Hajipur / Bihta||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Chennai||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||Pune / Pimpri Chinchwad / Talegaon|
|Guwahati / Ri Boi / Mirza||Ranchi||Vishakhapatnam|
|Hyderabad / Rangareddy / Secunderabad||Udaipur||Kochi / Ernakulam|
IRMA 2018 Exam Pattern
IRMA 2018 is set to be conducted in February 2018. Both Indian & Foreign Nationals can apply for the exam. IRMA Exam Pattern has not seen any major changes over the year. Here are the highlights of IRMA Paper Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Exam Duration: 2 hours
- Number of Sections: 4 four sections
- Nature of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total Questions: 200
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks deducted for a wrong answer
Here is the section-wise distribution of questions and marks in IRMA:
|Issues of Social Concern||60||60|
Check IRMA Exam Pattern
IRMA 2018 Syllabus
IRMA 2018 will comprise questions from three sections namely, Analytical Reasoning, English Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. Candidates will also have to appear in an additional paper on Issues of Social Concern. Syllabus for all the sections is mentioned below:
IRMA Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning
Analytical Reasoning deals with the candidate’s ability to critically analyze the situation and find a solution as a quick reflex. This section has a vast range of topics. Following topics may come under this section.
|Important Topics in Analytical Reasoning|
|Multi-Dimensional Arrangement||Family Structure|
|Statements and Conclusion||Reasoning|
IRMA Syllabus for English Comprehension
This section will deal with the candidate’s fluency and knowledge of English language. The medium of the exam will also be English. This section will include the following topics:
|Important Topics in English Comprehension|
|Passages||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Error Identification||Sentence Arrangement|
IRMA Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
This section contains 50 questions. Each question will carry one mark. This section aims at testing the candidate’s ability to judge and respond. Following points would be under IRMA 2018 Syllabus under the Quantitative Ability Section.
|Important Topics for Quantitative Ability|
|Graphical Analysis||Averages and Percentage|
|Interest (Simple & Compound)||Trigonometry|
|Geometry||Permutation and Combination|
IRMA Syllabus for Issues of Social Concern
IRMA 2018 will conduct an additional test called “Issues of Social Concern (ISC)”, which aims to test social awareness of a candidate towards its surrounding. Specifically, these questions will deal with current awareness of national and international issues. Following are some topics which comes under IRMA 2018 Syllabus for Issues of Social Concern is as follows:
|Important Topics in Issues of Social Concern|
|Economy of India and problems pertaining to National Income and per capita income||Social and economic issues relating to poverty, inequality, employment, and literacy|
|Human Development Index and its developments||RTI|
|Agriculture, farming, livestock production and management||Public Health Issues inclusive of health education and health care|
|Poverty alleviation and methods to combat||Natural calamities and disaster management|
|National threats and security analysis||Five Year Plan|
Check Here Issues of Social Concern Test in IRMA 2018
IRMA 2018 Result
- IRMA 2018 Result will be declared around last week of March 2018 in online mode.
- The result will be declared on the basis of sectional and overall scores.
- Candidates who fail to meet the minimum cut off criteria will be disqualified from the further selection process.
- The scores of CAT/XAT will also be taken into consideration while calculating IRMA 2018 scores.
- The final result of IRMA will be based on the overall performance of aspirants in IRMA Exam, in addition to CAT/XAT 2018 score.
How to check IRMA 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website of IRMA 2018 i.e. irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2018 Results’
- Students will need to fill their form number, roll number and password
- After finishing this process, the result will appear on the screen.
- Students must take a print out for any future reference.
Check IRMA Result
IRMA 2018 Cut Off
- IRMA 2018 Cut Off will be declared soon after the declaration of IRMA 2018 Results.
- The overall and sectional cut off marks will be declared.
- Candidates who score more than the Cut Off will be selected for the further rounds of counselling.
- Here is the IRMA Cut Off 2017 for Final Selection of candidates:
*Cut off marks will be calculated out of 100 (Written Test - 50 + Group Discussion - 25 + Personal Interview - 25)
Read More About IRMA Cutoff
IRMA 2018 Counselling
- The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will issue a merit list soon after the results are declared.
- IRMA 2018 merit list will comprise the names and details of the qualified students.
- There will be two further selection rounds viz. Group Discussion and of Personal Interview.
- Students who will be selected in the merit list and score more than the cut off marks will be considered for admission.
Candidates selected for IRMA 2018 Counselling Process should follow the steps given below:
- They need to register themselves at the official website.
- After registering, lock preferences of colleges within the given time period. No further changes will be allowed once the choices are locked.
- Candidates will be allotted colleges on the basis of merit-cum-preference.
Candidates will need to contact the respective colleges and take the necessary documents with them for IRMA 2018 admission.
IRMA 2018 FAQs
Ques. I have applied for one program. But now I want to apply for more than one, then what should I do?
Ans. In that case, you are advised to write an application to the admissions coordinator with details and pay necessary fees by Demand Draft. You are advised to write your application form number in all your correspondence. All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand.
Ques. How to download (print) SBI Challan from IRMA Website?
Ans. SBI Challan is available on our website (https://www.irma.ac.in/) in the admissions link, in the important download section. You may open the file and take a print out of it.
Ques. What is the number of candidates to be selected to PRM 2017-19?
Ans. The total number of seats available for PRM 2017-19 is 180. 15% of the approved intake is allocated for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non-Resident Indian(s).
Ques. Does IRMA offer any correspondence course?
Ans. IRMA does not offer any correspondence course.
Ques. Can I register for Programme in Rural Management (PRM) without staying in the campus?
Ans. No. Program in Rural Management (PRM) is a two-year fully residential program.
Ques. Whether Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by AICTE?
Ans. Yes, Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Ques. How do I retrieve my user-id and password in case it is lost?
Ans. You are expected to keep a record of user id and password. If you are able to send us the user-id, your password can be mailed to you.
Ques. What should I do if I am unable to proceed with online payment?
Ans.Printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).