IPU Counselling is conducted in online mode on the official website. Candidates have to fill an online application form to register for IPU CET Counselling in online mode. Candidates who are shortlisted in the IPU CET 2017 Merit List are called for IPU Counselling 2017.
Candidates who apply for B.Tech programme, BBA, BCA, B.Com, LLB etc. have to appear for IPU Counselling in online mode. IPU counselling begins in the month of June 2017. Candidates have to initially submit a counselling fee of INR 100 either through offline or online mode.
Candidate can fill the online application form two days after making the payment. Fill the details the correctly and lock your choice of the IPU CET 2017 Participating Colleges in the next step. Candidates have to report in person with the required documents to the desired college for IPU Admissions.
IPU CET Seat Allocation for Round 1 is displayed online and candidates have to freeze the allotted seat by paying the course fee. Candidates who withdraw at any time of IPU Counselling can only appear for Spot counselling for IPU CET 2017.
Courses for IPU Counselling
IPU Counselling is conducted in online mode for the courses given in the table below. IPU Counselling for these courses begin post declaration of IPU CET 2017 Result. Candidates must carefully check the list of courses mentioned below to apply for IPU Counselling in time and correctly:
|Course Name||CET Code|
|Lateral Entry to B. Tech (Diploma Holders)||128|
|Lateral Entry to B. Tech (B.Sc. graduates)||129|
|B Com (H)||146|
IPU Counselling Procedure
Candidates must fill all details in IPUCET 2017 Application Form & make corrections wherever needed. Discrepancy found at later stage will lead to seat cancellation at the time of counselling. To avoid last minute rush, it is advised to complete the application form within given time.
IPU CET 2017 Submission of Counselling Fee:
- Submit the fee of INR 1000 to be eligible to participate in the counselling with respect to respective CET code.
- To submit the application fee, visit the official website of GGSIPU Universitywww.ipuadmissions.nic.in
- Now click on the link “payment of counselling participation fee”. Enter the details asked such as the CET code of the applied course, Date of Birth & CET Roll number.
- The fees can be paid by both offline mode or by the online payment gateway.
- The counselling fee for IPU CET 2017 LLB Counselling is INR 4000 whereas for IPU CET 2017 MBA Counselling the candidate must pay INR 1000.
- Payment through Challan:
Pay the fee in cash at any branch of Indian bank through the challan provided on the official website. One copy of challan will be retained by the bank & other one must be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- Payment through Net Banking:
The counselling fees can be paid through credit or debit card or net banking.
- Check the status of the fee payment on official website: www.ipuadmissions.nic.in & print the online fee confirmation slip along with the transaction ID.
- Pay the online fees before the due dates to avoid any type of transaction failure & technical faults during submission of fee.
Note: Submission of counselling fee is the part of admission process. It does not guarantee seat confirmation.
Registration process for Online Counselling
- If the counselling fee is paid through challan then the registration process for such candidates begins after two working days of fee submission.
- To register, fill CET details of the course & after authentication enter the academic & contact details. Meanwhile a login ID & password shall be sent.
- Change the password if needed & keep it confidential.
- In case of registration failure visit the helpdesk of the university in person along with challan copy or fee receipt (whatever applicable).
- Change your registration details by going through ‘Edit Details’
- It is advised to take two printouts of the registration form. One will be required at the time of document verification & other one should be retained by the candidate.
Choice Filling during IPUCET 2017 Online Counselling:
- Mark the preference among the affiliated colleges of IP University which can be done by making combinations of streams & colleges.
- After marking the choices, seats allocation is carried by the university.
- It is advised to fill maximum choices as possible, as it increases the chances of getting desired seat in the desired college. Check the IPU CET 2017 Cutoff to study the number of seats and its distribution in terms of rank, stream & institute.
- Less number of choices can lead to non-allocation of seats for admissions.
- In case you have not been able to secure admission in first round of counselling, change in preference in the subsequent rounds of counselling is applicable.
Note: Chances for modification will be offered after completion of first round of counselling only.
- It is also advised to take printout of the order of filled choices for reference purpose.
Documents required for IPU Counselling
The documents required at the time of IPU Counselling vary for different programmes. Candidates have to carry attested copies and original copy as well of the mentioned documents. The documents required for IPU Counselling are mentioned below:
- Date of Birth Certificate (Class Xth marks sheet)
- IPU CET Admit card
- Copy of Application form
- Score card of CET 2017
- Class XIIth marks sheet
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- Receipt of part payment of fee
- Character certificate
- Medical fitness certificate (In case of PWD candidates)
- IPU CET 2017 Registration Slip
- Academic Fee Receipt
- IPU CET 2017 Admit Card for Law/MBA(Original)
- Mark sheets and certificate in original for verification purpose
- Character Certificate in original (from the Head of the institution from where the qualifying examination has been passed or from a Gazetted Officer (Original), not more than 6 months old)
- Address proof of candidate’s qualifying examination study center located in Delhi (if passed through distance/ open mode)
Note: One set of photocopies of certificates, attested by gazetted officer or self -attested must be submitted and shall be retained by the University. In case, any candidate fails to prove the eligibility for admissions in the programme, the candidature shall be cancelled.
IPUCET 2017 Document Verification for Reserved & Minority Category candidates:
- If a candidate belongs to these reserved categories namely, SC, ST, DEF, PH, JKM, Sikh, Muslim, Jain minority, defense then it is required to visit to the IP University campus before the commencement of the counselling.
- OBC candidates, who have registered themselves for counselling, can go for fixed centres only after completion of round 1 & 2 of counselling.
- Candidates, who fail to visit the centre, will not be considered under reserved category and will be considered General.
Seat Allotment in Round 1 of IPU Counselling
- Result of first round of counselling i.e. allocation of seats will be carried out after completion of choice filling process.
The following candidates will not be considered for Seat Allocation:
- Who have not submitted the Counselling Participation fee
- Who have paid the Counselling Participation Fee but not performed the registration process
- Who have paid the Counselling Participation Fee & performed the registration also but not opted for choices & preferences.
- Check seat allocation status through login ID & password generated at the time of registration. If the seat has been allotted, then print the provisional allotment letter. The letter will be available only after finalization of current round of counselling.
- To confirm the seat allotment, pay INR 40, 000 as the part of academic fee. If the candidate fails to pay the same it will result to detention of the candidate from other counselling rounds.
- If fee receipt is not available in the mentioned time then contact the helpdesk of IP University.
Reporting at IP University Centres after Round one of IPU CET 2017 Online Counselling:
- After allocation of seat in round one of the counselling process, report at university centers along with fee receipt, certificates & documents related to reserved category (if applicable).
- If the candidate fails to appear at the designated centres of university then the allocated seat will be cancelled and allotted to any other candidate. The candidate may also lose the chance to grab seat in other rounds of counselling except ‘spot counselling’. Academic fee for such candidates will also not reimburse.
Process of Freezing Allotted Seat during First Round of IPUCET 2017 Online Counselling:
- The candidate can freeze the seat by clicking on ‘Freeze option’ if the candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat after first round of counselling & does not want to participate in the upcoming rounds of counselling.
- If the candidate fails to freeze the seat then the seat with higher preference will be allotted in the next round of counselling with respect to availability of seats. The candidate will not be allowed to retain the earlier seat under any situation.
Process of Fee refund & with drawl of Seat after First Round of IPUCET 2017 Online Counselling:
- After deposition of academic fee, if the candidate desires to withdraw the admission against the allotted seat then they can apply for withdrawal by navigating to ‘Withdrawal Button’
- After withdrawal the candidate will not be allowed to take part in next counselling rounds except ‘spot counselling’.
Factors responsible for Second round of IPUCET 2017 Online Counselling
What is the requirement of Round two of counselling? What is the criterion of vacancy generation & seat allotment?
- Candidates who have withdrawn the admission (as they are no longer in the race of competition)
- Candidates who have already ‘freeze’ their seat after first round of counselling (as they are no longer in the race of counseling)
- Candidates who have not paid the academic fee (As they will be debarred from the counselling)
- Candidates who have not satisfied the eligibility criteria (they will also be debarred from the counselling proceedings)
Who will be called for second round of engineering counselling?
- Candidates who have mentioned the preference of choices but are not allotted any seat during round one of counselling.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat in round one, paid the part academic fee, reported at the university centres for document verification but have not withdrawn the admission & have also not freezed their seat.
These candidates will be considered for further counselling rounds by default & their ranks will be upgraded on the basis of their CET rank automatically.
- The candidates will be eligible to make changes in their choices for second round of counselling. In case of remaining vacancies after round two, seats will be converted to other category as given in the conversion rules.
- The candidate will not be allowed to retain previous choice, once their seat is upgraded in next rounds of counselling.
- The candidate must have a new printout of seat allotment with respect to updated counselling rounds.
- If the candidate joins the counselling process from the second round then he/she has to pay the amount of INR 40, 000 as part of academic fee.
- After completion of round two, the candidate must visit the University center along with fees slip & certificates. The candidate needs to report again if his/her seat has been finalized in round one.
- Reporting to designated University centres is also very important, failing which results in cancellation of seat allotment.
- Candidates who want to withdraw after round two can do the same through online withdrawal.
IPU CET 2017Reporting of Candidates after Seat confirmation:
After seat confirmation the candidate has to report to the respective college along with the provisional allotment letter, admission & fee slip.
IPU Spot Counselling
Spot counselling is the last option for the candidates who want to obtain the seat in the GGSIPU. This process will be held in offline mode after first & second round of counselling.
Who will be eligible for Spot Counselling Procedure?
- Candidates who have not taken admission through round 1 & 2 of counselling provided that he/she must have qualified in CET.
- Any candidate, who has participated in any round of counselling but has withdrawn at that point of time are also eligible.
- Candidates with ‘not admitted’ tag (due to certain reason) are eligible.
Who will not be eligible for Spot Counselling Procedure?
A candidate who has already been admitted through round 1 & 2 & also paid the academic fee at the time of spot counselling, that student will not be eligible for spot counselling process.
Note: Facility of fee with drawl will be available only in round 1 & 2 of online counselling but not in case of spot counselling.