IPPB declared the result for Scale I prelims exam on January 18, 2017. Candidates can download their result from IPPB official website. The qualified candidates will be called for IPPB Mains exam. IPPB Mains exam for Scale I Officer is to be held on January 29, 2017. Candidates can download the hall ticket to appear for IPPB Mains exam before the exam date.
IPPB prelims exam for Scale I Officer was successfully conducted on January 7 – 8, 2017. The prelims exam is a computer based test. IPPB prelims exam for Scale I officer question paper constitute of three sections – Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude. The level of difficulty of questions asked in IPPB 2017 exam is moderate with only a few surprises. The IPPB result for Scale I Officer will be declared in the last week of January 2017.
The India Post Payments Bank, IPPB Recruitment is a wholly owned undertaking of the Department of Posts, Govt. of India. India Post Payments Bank is a recently opened entity. It is now welcoming online applications from qualified candidates who will be appointed to different posts. For setting up India Post Payments Bank Limited, India Post has received in-principle approval from RBI and approval from Cabinet.
Expected IPPB Cutoff for 2017 Click here
Currently, the company is calling candidates for the post of CEO/MD, CGM, Scale I-VII, etc. For more details, candidates should go through the official notification on India Post Bank official website i.e indiapost.gov.in. The application form was available from September 28, 2016 to November 07, 2016.
IPPB Recruitment 2017: Exam Pattern & Syllabus Check here
IPPB Recruitment Notifications
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – CTO
|Post||Chief Technology Officer|
B.Tech or equivalent from recognized university. The candidates must possess the required educational qualification as on September 1,2016. IPPB is offering remuneration as per company’s policy.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – Scale I Officers
|Post||Scale I Officers|
|Application Fee||SC/ST/PWD is INR 150 Other's is INR 700|
Graduates from University recognized by govt. of India. Candidates who fulfill the minimum education qualification and with postal services or sales of financial products/ rural banking/ with experience as Business Correspondent for banks are also eligible. IPPB offering the remuneration for scale I officers in between the slab of INR 23,700 – INR 42,020.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – CEO & MD
|Post||Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director|
Candidate must be a graduate from recognized university. Candidate having MBA degree or CAIIB certificate(Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers ) is preferred. The pay scale will be as per company’s policy.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – Scale II-III Officers
|Post||Scale II-III Officers|
Candidate must be a graduate from recognized university. Candidate having MBA or B.Tech. degree is preferred. IPPB offering the remuneration in between the slab of INR 31,705 – INR 45,950.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – Corporate Roles
Minimum work of experience in operation/ finance/ banking/ marketing as requisites of IPPB. It offering the remuneration as per company’s policy.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – Scale IV-VI Officers
|Post||Scale IV-VI Officers|
|Application Fee||SC/ST/PWD is INR 150 Other's is INR 700|
Candidate must be a graduate from recognised university within minimum work experience. IPPB offering the remuneration in between the slab of INR 50,030- INR 59,170.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 – Scale VII Officers
|Post||Scale VII Officers|
Candidate must be a graduate from recognised university and having MBA degree or C.A is preferred. Minimum work experience as requisite of post. IPPB offering the remuneration in between the slab of INR 76,520- INR 85,000.
IPPB 2017 Selection Process
Selection will be made on the basis of an interview. However, Bank reserves the right to conduct Assessment, Group Discussion or Online Test in addition to interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for Interview/Group Discussion or Online Test.
IPPB reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the Assessment/ Interview/ Group Discussion or Online Test after preliminary screening/ short listing with reference to candidates’ qualification, experience, profile vis-a-vis job requirements, etc.
Results of the candidates who have qualified for various stages of the recruitment process and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the website. Final select list will be published on the website.
IPPB Exam Pattern
IPPB conducts written examination that consists of two papers. i.e. Prelims & Mains. Both the papers are of objective type. Questions in paper is of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) format. IPPB has condition of negative marking, each question will carry 1 mark and 1/4th marks will be deducted for wrong answers. IPPB Prelims comprises of English language, Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning ability sections. This paper consists of 100 questions and the duration to solve the paper is 60 minutes. Candidates will have to qualify prelims exam to go for IPPB mains. IPPB Mains comprises of following sections - English language, Quantitative aptitude, Computer knowledge, General awareness and Reasoning ability. IPPB mains exam consists of 200 questions and the duration of exam is 140 minutes. Here, we are providing the following table for highlights of IPPB exam as mentioned below:
|Paper||Mode of Exam||No. of Questions||Medium of Exam||Exam Duration|
|IPPB Prelims||Online mode||100 questions||English/ Hindi||60 minutes|
|IPPB Mains||Online mode||200 questions||English/ Hindi||140 minutes|
IPPB cutoff is the minimum score which must be scored by the candidate to qualify the exam. The candidates who have secured the cutoff marks in IPPB prelims will go for Mains exam. Here, candidates can check the following table for IPPB prelims cutoff:
IPPB 2017 prelims Cutoff
Allowances & Benefits
Approximate monthly CTC calculated at the start of the scale. It is inclusive of Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance & other allowances at “A” Category cities. Also, the leave and travel allowance will be as per Service Rules of IPPB Recruitment applicable at the time of appointment.
In addition to the above, the Officer would be entitled to a Performance Pay as per criteria defined by the IPPB from time to time. The Officers are also entitled to retirement and terminal benefits as per the policy defined by the IPPB 2016.
IPPB Application Process
The candidates can apply only for one post only. Candidates can apply online only from September 28, 2016 to November 01, 2016 and no other mode of application will be accepted. Candidates can refer to the below guidelines for the IPPB Application Process:
Procedure for applying online
- Candidates are first required to go to the IPPB authorized website http://www.indiapost.gov.in/ and click the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR IPPB SCALE VII POSTS” to open the online Application Form.
- To register their application candidates will be entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration Number and Password will also be sent.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Annexure I of this form.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible / entertained.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same, if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying the details filled in the online application form and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission, as no change is possible after submission.
- Candidates should ensure their eligibility before paying the fees/applying online.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be held in reserve for any other future selection process
IPPB Application Fee
Although the actual application fee may vary according to the post, but the standard fee for SC/ST/PWD (Only Intimation charges) is INR 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty Only). For all others, it is INR 700.00 (Rupees Seven Hundred Only).
IPPB Guidelines for Application Fee Payment
Candidates must follow the below guidelines while they are paying the IPPB Online application fee:
i. Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through Online Mode only.
ii. Candidates should carefully fill the details in the Online Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate and his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
iii. In case the candidate is unable to fill the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered.
iv. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the final data.
v. The application form is integrated with the online payment gateway through debit/ credit card.
vi. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press back or refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
vii. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
IPPB Guidelines for Registration
Candidates must follow the below guidelines while registering themselves for the IPPB Recruitment 2016-17:
- After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. THEY SHOULD NOT SEND THIS PRINTOUT TO IPPB.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form.
- An email / SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID / Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated an acknowledgement.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form / unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
- Bank does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of IPPB.
IPPB Recruitment General Instructions
These are some general instructions for all the candidates applying for the India Post Payments Bank. They must read them for their reference:
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. IPPB would admit to test all the candidates applying for the posts with the requisite fee on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of interview.
- IPPB does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of IPPB.
- Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/ appearance by a candidate in examination and / or interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
- Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions are advised to submit 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment. Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID alive for receiving advices, viz. call letters/ interview advices etc.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his /her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of IPPB.
IPPB Recruitment 2017 FAQs?
Q1. Is IPPB a public sector or private sector bank?
Ans – IPPB is totally owned by govt. of India through the department of posts. Thus, it comes under the category of public sector banks.
Q2. What are the age limit for Scale II and Scale III officers post?
Ans – The IPPB age limit for scale II & scale III officers post are following:
The age limit for scale II officers post should be in between 26 years and 35 years and for scale III officer post is between 23 years and 35 years. Candidates should be born not before 02.09.1986 and not later than 01.09.1996 to meet the age requirement for both the positions.
Q3. I will turn 20 years in the month of January 2017. Am I eligible to apply for Assistant Manager (Scale I) Post?
Ans – Candidates should be born on September 02, 1986 to September 01, 1996 are eligible for scale I officer post.
Q4. Is there any age relaxation policy for SC/ ST/ OBC category?
Ans – There is age relaxation for reserved category as mentioned below in the table:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Physically handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
Q5. My final Semester/ year will be completed in the year of 2017. Am I eligible for any of the posts of IPPB Recruitment Exam?
Ans – No, candidates who are waiting for their results are not eligible. Only those candidates who have completed their qualification by September 01, 2016. Are eligible for IPPB exam.
Q6. Is there any experience requirement for scale I officer post?
Ans – No, there is not any work experience required for scale I officer post. Freshers can also apply for this post.
Q7. How much work experience is required for Scale II & III officers post?
Ans – The work experience required for these posts are following:
Manager (Scale II) – Minimum three years of work experience as an assistant manager in any private bank or public sector.
Assistant Manager (Scale III) - Minimum six years of work experience as manager in any private bank or public sector or similar level in any other organisations.
Q8. What is the basic salary of Officers in IPPB?
Ans – The basic salary for the various post are different. The basic pay for each of the posts of IPPB is mentioned below:
IPPB scale I Officer – Rs. 23,700 to 42,020
IPPB scale II Officer – Rs. 31, 705 to 45,950
IPPB scale III Officer – Rs. 42,020 to 51,490
In addition to basic pay, dearness allowances, city compensatory allowances & other allowances at ‘A’ category cities will be reimbursed.
Q9. Do I need to sign any service bond in IPPB?
Ans - No, there is not any service bond or agreement for the posts of IPPB.
Q10. How many years do I need to serve for probation?
Ans - The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years. During this period, they will be given intensive training. Towards the end of your probation period, you will be subjected to a screening process for confirmation.