IIT JAM Application Form 2017
IIT JAM Application Form is expected to be released on September 02, 2017. Last date to fill the form is October 13, 2017. Registration for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (IIT JAM) can be done only in online mode.
Visit the official website of IIT Delhi (jam.iitd.ac.in) to apply for the exam. Given below are few key points for IIT JAM Application Form:
- Indian and Foreign Nationals both can apply for the IIT JAM.
- The foreign nationals must satisfy the eligibility conditions issued by the admitting institute.
- The minimum education qualification required to apply for IIT JAM is graduation. Minimum 55% aggregate marks in the graduation is required to apply for the exam. READ COMPLETE IIT JAM ELIGIBILITY
- Register as a new user on JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) and then fill the important details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photo, signature, educational documents or caste certificates with required specifications in the IIT JAM Application form.
- Remit the application fee in online mode (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking) only. Application fee is INR 1500 which is non-refundable.
IIT JAM Application Form must not be sent by post to the conducting body. IIT JAM Admit Card will be available one month before the exam date. Check the details in the admit card before downloading it.
IIT JAM Application Form Highlights
|IIT JAM Application Form 2017 was available from||September 02, 2017- October 13, 2017|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IIT JAM Application Form can be filled at||JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System)|
|Minimum qualification to apply for IIT JAM||Graduation|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of recent photograph, signature, education documents or caste certificates|
|Application fee||INR 1500 (for one test paper)|
|Mode of fee payment||Online only|
JAM Exam Dates
Candidates can refer to the below table for IIT JAM 2017 Exam Dates. The IIT JAM Admit Cards will be out on January 10, 2017.
|IIT JAM Registration begins from||September 02, 2017|
|Last Date to Pay the Admission Fee through e-Challan||October 06, 2017|
|IIT JAM Application Form must be submitted by||October 13, 2017|
|IIT JAM Admit Card will be issued on||January 10, 2018|
|IIT JAM 2017 is scheduled for||February 12, 2018|
IIT JAM Eligibility
JAM 2017 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Foreign Nationals however must fulfill the eligibility conditions of admitting institute. Given below are the general eligibility conditions for IIT JAM:
- For General category, the minimum aggregate marks required in graduation is 55%
- Reserved category candidates whould have secured 50% marks in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA, the equivalence of marks will be decided by the admitting institute.
- Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with required eligibility specified by the institute must be submitted between April 12, 2017 – April 25, 2017
- There is no age criteria for appearing in IIT JAM. However, the minimum age required to apply for the exam is 21 years.
- Reservation as per the norms set by Govt.
Know More About IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
How to Fill IIT JAM Application Form
IIT JAM Application Form can be done at the official JAM website. Follow the steps given below to register and apply for IIT JAM before the last date of application submission.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit JAM Online Application Processing Systems (JOAPS)
- Register by entering name, E-mail ID, mobile number and password
- After successful registration, the candidate will receive an E-mail and an SMS from JOAPS containing the enrollment ID
Note: Mobile number once provided can’t be changed later so before submitting check the phone number as it will be used for future communication.
Step 2: Filling JAM 2017 Application form
- Enter Registration Number and Password
- Fill in all the details required
- Candidates will be required to fill their personal details, the choice of paper(s) to appear, exam center, category, correspondence address, educational qualification, CGPA/percentage of marks in graduation, etc.
Step 3: Uploading the Images and Supporting Certificates/Documents
- After completing the JAM Application form 2017, next step include uploading the images of signature, photograph, educational documents and scanned copy of SC/ST and/or PWD Certificates (if applicable)
- Click on Choose file button below the blank area and name of the document to upload the document.
- Choose the file from the location and upload the image.
- Should be in JPG/JPEG format
- Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
- Minimum resolution: 240 X 320
- Maximum Resolution: 480 X 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)
- Photograph should be taken against white colored background and in studio. Photograph taken from mobile phones will not be accepted
- Photograph must be taken after July 1, 2016
- The face should be clear in the photograph. Eye wears, Hats or any other material should not be worn.
- Religious clothing can be worn but it should not cover the face.
- Face should occupy about 50% area of the photograph.
- Put the signature with Black/Dark Blue ink within the rectangular block of 7 cm X 2 cm on A4 size white paper
- Signature image must be Digitally Scanned
- Format: JPEG
- Minimum Resolution: 280 X 80
- Maximum Resolution: 560 X 160
Note: Uploading the signature and photograph not up to the standards mentioned above will result in rejection of JAM 2017 application form
Step 4: Payment of JAM 2017 Application fee
Payment is required to be made after completing the application form and uploading the photograph, signature & scanned certificates (if any). Application fee for various categories is given below:
Application Fee for JAM can be paid through ONLINE MODE (Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking).
For candidates paying through ONLINE MODE, they can make payment from September 2, 2016 to October 6, 2016 using Debit card/Credit/Card/Net Banking.
IIT JAM 2017 Registration Fee
- JAM 2017 Registration Fee for general male candidates is INR 1500 for one test paper.
- Females (all categories)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be charged INR 750 for one test paper.
- Charges of INR 1050 and INR 2100 will be charged from former and latter respectively.
- The fee can be paid through Online mode only.
- Candidate must ensure that the information provided by him/her is correct before they submit the online application form. Once the application form is submitted, no changes can be made.
- If the information in the application filled is incomplete or incorrect, the application form will be rejected
- After completing the application form and submitting it, candidate can download the dully filled application form
How To Retrieve Lost Enrollment ID/Password
- Click on ‘Forgot Enrollment ID or Password? on Login Page If candidate forgets the Enrollment ID or didn’t receive at his/her eMailID,’
- Click on ‘Forgot Enrollment ID’. Provide mobile number and E-mail ID. The Enrollment ID will be sent via SMS/Email.
- If candidate forgets the Password, Click on ‘Forgot Enrollment ID or Password?’
- Click on ‘Request for an OTP’
- Provide mobile number, E-mail ID and Enrollment ID.
- Candidate can reset the password with the help of OTP received via SMS.
- If candidate forgets Enrollment ID and Email ID/Mobile number and payment has not been made, he/she must re-register
If candidate has made payment, Contact the IIT JAM office
Documents Required to Fill IIT JAM Application Form
The following documents have to be uploaded on the official website while filling the application form. No Hard copiesof the following documents is to be sent to organizing institute.
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Mark sheet of all the years
- Degree/Provisional Degree, if any
IIT JAM 2017 Uploading the Required Documents
The documents mentioned above should be uploaded in the correct field in application form. Also the documents have to be uploaded according to the format and document size mentioned below.
Class 10 and 12 Documents
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate should be uploaded as a single file in PDF format. Size should be within 1 MB
- Similarly, class 12 mark sheet and certificate should be uploaded in a single PDF with size less than 1 MB
- Click on “Add Record”
- Add all the papers you appeared in a semester one by one in the pop up window
- Repeat the same steps for all the semesters
If the Bachelor Degree didn’t have semester scheme, select ‘NA’ in semester field and add all the subjects you appeared for year wise. For each semester, add the marks separately for each subject
Qualifying Degree Certificate
Upload the mark sheet of both the semesters as a single PDF. The size of PDF file should not be less than 2 MB. Also upload degree/provisional Certificate, if available. While adding the records add all the papers (including honors, subsidiaries and other additional subjects).
Institute’s Copy of E-Challan
After paying the JAM 2017 Application fee, scan the institute’s copy of E-Challan and upload the same before the last date of application form submission on the official website.
If only CGPA is mentioned in class 10 and class 12 mark sheet, enter the CGPA in aggregate marks field.
IIT JAM 2017 Admit Card
JAM 2017 Admit Card will be released at the website from January 10, 2018 till examination date. It will not be sent to candidates through post or email. Candidates are advised to check all the entries in the JAM Admit Card. In case of any discrepancy, candidates should inform the Organizing Chairman, JAM 2017. Print out of downloaded must be brought to the test centre along with original and valid photo identification. No candidates will be permitted inside the test centre without Admit Card. Steps to download IIT JAM Admit Card are mentioned below.
- Go to JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) website.
- Enter Enrollment ID and password.
- Enter captcha.
- Click on View/Download JAM 2017 Admit Card
- Check the details mentioned on JAM Admit Card 2017
- Download and save Admit Card.
- Obtain it in hard copy for future purposes.