IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2017 Exam Dates, Admissions and Eligibility
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination (IIITH PGEE 2017) is conducted for admission into Postgraduate and Research programs. For all the courses i.e. M. Tech./M.S and Ph.D. examinations, IIITH PGEE will be held in April, 2017 (expected). The IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2017 Application Process will commence from February, 2017 (expected). International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad is the governing body of the exam.
The candidates must check the IIITH PGEE 2017 Eligibility before filling the IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Form. The IIITH PGEE 2017 Admit Card will be available online from April, 2017 (tentative). The candidates must carry the IIITH PGEE 2017 Admit Card to the IIITH PGEE Exam Center.
The IIITH PGEE Result will be announced in May, 2017 on the official website of IIIT Hyderabad. Candidates can also check IIIT Ranking on the official website.The declaration of the IIITH PGEE Result is followed by IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling which will take place from June, 2017.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Exam Dates
Given below is the tentative schedule of important dates for the reference of the candidates, who are willing to take admissions in IIIT Hyderabad. The IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Form will be available online on the official website from February 02, 2017.
|Commencement of IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process||February, 2017|
|Last date of submission of IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Form||March, 2017|
|Last date to pay the Application fee online||March, 2017|
|Download of Admit Card||April, 2017|
|IIITH PGEE Exam Date||April, 2017|
|IIITH PGEE Result||May, 2017|
|IIITH PGEE Counselling||June, 2017|
Note – The dates mentioned above are tentative.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Eligibility
The candidates must check the IIITH PGEE 2017 Eligibility carefully before beginning the IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process. The IIITH PGEE 2017 offers admissions to the candidates in various post graduate programmes. The IIITH PGEE 2017 Eligibility includes the minimum age requirement and the minimum marks required to qualify for the IIITH PGEE 2017.
- For M. Tech programmes, candidates must have completed or going to complete BE/B. Tech/B. Arch/MCA/Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Computer Science/IT by July 2017.
- For M.S by Research and PhD programmes, candidates must have completed or going to complete M.Tech/ME by July 2017. The candidates who are eligible for M.Tech programme are eligible to apply for these courses as well.
- The candidates who have completed or are going to complete their Masters in Social Science or Humanities by July 2017 are eligible to apply only for the PhD programmes in Spatial Informatics and Exact Humanities.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process
The IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process commences from February, 2017 and will end by April, 2017. The IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process is an online process. The candidates must submit the IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Form by the last date to ensure the candidature.
The candidates are required to fill two 2 Registration Forms namely Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form. The candidates have to pay an amount of INR 2000+ INR 50 (for every additional course) through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. The steps followed for the IIITH PGEE 2017 Application Process are given below:
1) Form Filling
2) Uploading the Documents
3) Application Edit
4) Fee Payment
IIITH PGEE Admit Card
IIITH PGEE 2017 Admit Card will be available for download on the admission portal of IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2017 from April, 2017 onwards. Candidate has to download the PDF copy of the admit card and take its printout. It is mandatory for a candidate to carry the Admit Card to the IIIT PGEE 2017 Exam Center. To download IIIT PGEE 2017 Admit Card a candidate have to follow these steps:
- Open the Admission portal of PGEE 2017 on or after April, 2017.
- Click on the given link ‘To download PGEE 2017 Admit cards click here’.
- Once the candidate clicks on the link, a new window opens.
- Enter the IIIT PGEE 2017 Application number and Identification code.
- Click on the option ‘Download’.
- A PDF file is generated once a candidate clicks on download button.
- Save the IIIT PGEE 2017 Admit Card and take its printout.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Exam Pattern
The IIITH PGEE 2017 is scheduled in April, 2017 at the allotted IIITH PGEE 2017 Exam Center. Candidates can check the exam pattern of IIITH PGEE 2017 before starting their preparation for the IIITH PGEE 2017 examination. It is an offline examination i.e. pen and paper based of 3 hour duration. There are a total of 2 papers- each of 90 minutes duration.
The IIITH PGEE 2017 comprises of 2 Papers: Paper 1 & Paper 2. The medium of the IIITH PGEE 2017 is English Language. There is No Negative Marking in the IIITH PGEE 2017 examination. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper while Paper 2 is a subjective paper. The basic description of the topics or subjects included in both the papers is mentioned below:
- General Aptitude (Paper 1)
This is a compulsory paper of 90 minutes duration with 45 questions for every candidate. The candidates are awarded 1 mark each for every correct answer. The candidates must obtain a minimum score in this paper to qualify for the subject based paper of IIITH PGEE 2017. The candidates are checked on the following topics in this paper:
- Basic Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Basic Questions on Computers
- Subject Based (Paper 2)
The candidates who obtain minimum cut off score in paper 1 qualify for the paper 2. This paper will be a subjective paper based on the subjects studied by the candidate in the graduation. It is a 90 minutes duration examination with 25 questions. The candidate is rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer. The subjects covered under this paper are mentioned below:
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- Part A- Electronics and Part B- Signal Processing and Communication. This subject includes both objective and subjective type questions. The candidates are selected for the interview based on the score obtained in both the parts.
- Structural Engineering
- PGEE for Center of Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics, Hyderabad (CCNSB) - It is an objective type paper. The candidates may attempt any one section out of the Major Part or Minor Part. The sections included in the paper are Physics, Chemistry and Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Computational Linguistics
IIITH PGEE 2017 Result
The candidates can check the IIITH PGEE Result on the official website of IIITH. The IIITH PGEE 2017 Result will be declared in May, 2017. The candidates must secure the Registration ID and Identification Code generated during the IIITH PGEE application process. The steps which are followed to check the IIITH PGEE 2017 Result are as follows:
- Open the official website of IIIT, Hyderabad
- Click on the tab ‘IIITH PGEE Result 2017’
- Enter the Application Number and Identification Code in the provided blank fields.
- Click on ‘Next’ after verifying the details carefully.
- The IIITH PGEE 2017 Result is displayed on the screen.
- Print the same for future reference.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling
The IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling will be heldfrom June, 2017 onwards. The details related to the IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling is mentioned below:
- The candidate is required to login and download the IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling Call Letter. The candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks will receive the IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling Call Letter.
- The IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling Call Letter contains the schedule for the interview and admissions.
- The candidates are required to carry all the documents in original and a set of copies of the same for IIITH PGEE 2017 Counselling.
- The candidates who qualify the interview and the document verification process are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates receive a seat allotment letter if they are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates who are interested in taking admissions may accept the letter and pay the related fee to confirm the admissions.
- The GATE 2017 qualifying candidates may be given scholarship as per the guidelines.
- The candidates claiming a seat in IIIT, Hyderabad must report to the institute on the specified date for commencement of classes.
IIITH PGEE 2017 Reference Books
The table below mentions the books that you can refer for Computational Linguistics:
|NAME OF THE BOOK||AUTHOR|
|An intro to Language and Communication||Robert M Harnish, Ann K Farmer, Richard A DeMers, Adrian Akmajian, Akmajian, Harnish DeMers Farmer|
|Natural Language Processing|
Sangal Rajeev, Bharati Akshar, Chaitanya Vineet