IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2017
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2017 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree (with no specific aggregate marks) in order to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria for IIFT Exam is defined by its organizing body- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
Here are the key highlights of IIFT Eligibility:
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for IIFT Exam. However, they will be offered final admission only after they clear their examination.
- There are no particular age criteria.
- Both Indian and International candidates can apply for IIFT Exam.
- Foreign Nationals must also hold a Bachelor’s Degree, along with a valid GMAT score.
- There is reservation in IIFT for candidates from SC/ST/OBC/NRI’s categories.
Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can proceed towards filling IIFT Application Form. The registration window is open from July 15- September 5, 2017. Make sure you pay the requisite exam fee and upload documents to be able to appear in IIFT Exam. The exam will be conducted in December 3, 2017 for admission to MBA program of International Business (IB). Check IIFT 2017 Exam Dates
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2017
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility guidelines before getting themselves registered for the exam. In case, one fails to meet any condition, they would be debarred from participating any further in the admission process. Here is the eligibility criteria of IIFT:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelors’ degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline from a recognized university.
- There is no age limit for appearing in IIFT exam.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their graduate program are also eligible to apply.
- Both Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for the test.
- Applicants applying under any of the reserved categories (recognized by the Govt. of India) will have similar eligibility norms. However, seats will be reserved as per the norms of Govt. of India.
- Work experience is not necessary.
Note:It must be kept in mind that if candidates fail their graduation exams, they will not be allowed to join the institute even if they qualify all rounds of IIFT Selection Process.
IIFT Eligibility for Foreign Nationals/ NRI
- Candidates that fall under the category of Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO/OCI category, can apply for IIFT Exam on the basis of their GMAT scores.
- NRI-sponsored candidates are not considered under this category.
- GMAT score that the candidates wish to use for admission purpose must have been declared after January 1, 2015. Candidates must ensure that their GMAT scores reach the institute latest by March 31, 2018.
- IIFT Application Form for foreign nationals will be available until September 5, 2017, and the application fee will be INR 4500/- or US$ 80.
IIFT 2017 Reservation Criteria
- Through IIFT, a total of 360 seats in IIFT Campuses (Delhi Campus- 220 seats and Kolkata Campus- 140 seats) will be filled.
- Some seats out of the total sanctioned intake are earmarked for candidates belonging to minority groups or special categories.
- It is important for the candidates to be aware of the reservation policy, in case they are eligible and wish to avail of its benefits.
- Following are the categories that are considered for the reservation process:
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Scheduled Castes (SCs)
- Scheduled Tribes (STs)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
The allocation of seats to various categories is summarized below:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||23%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Resident Indian (NRI)||4%|
As can be seen, a total of 49.5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories. This leaves about 150 seats for General Category candidates.
IIFT Scholarship Scheme
- The institute has the provision of scholarship and financial aid for students who meet certain specifications.
- IIFT has a functional Need Based Scholarship Scheme and under this arrangement, the institute makes payment for the interest subsidy for a given amount of time, on education loan taken by a candidate whose family has an annual income of less than INR 4.50 lakh.
- Another scholarship scheme is available from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs for four SC and four ST candidates who manage to obtain admission in IIFT.
Conditions to avail scholarship scheme are given below:
- The total family income of the candidate from all sources must not be more than INR 4.50 lakh per year.
- If the student fails to pass the final exam of each year of the PG degree or even a terminal exam, his scholarship will be automatically terminated.
IIFT Application Form 2017
- The Application Form for IIFT 2017 is available in both Online and Offline modes.
- The registration window is open from July 15- September 5, 2017 (tentatively).
- For Online Mode: Candidate needs to visit the Official Website of IIFT Exam i.e. iift.edu, fill all details and submit the form online only.
- For Offline Mode: Candidate needs to purchase the IIFT Prospectus, fill IIFT Application Form carefully and send the duly filled form along with other required documents to:
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
- The amount paid for the prospectus of IIFT Exam will be considered as the IIFT 2017 Fee for registration.
Check IIFT 2017 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
IIFT 2017 Application Fee
- Candidates can make payment online as well as offline, as per their choice.
- IIFT Application Fee can paid through Debit/ Credit card or Demand Draft drawn in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (payable at Delhi).
- The fee will vary as per the category of candidates. Refer to the below table for same:
|General/ OBC||INR 1550/-|
|SC/ ST||INR 775/-|
|Foreign National Candidates||INR 4,500/US $ 80|
Fill now IIFT Application Form