IIFT Results, Cut Off and Selection Procedure
IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) declared the Results for the exam on Dec 23, 2016. Post IIFT 2017 Results declaration, shortlisted MBA aspirants will go through the IIFT Selection Process. The process will consist of 3 stages:- Essay Writing, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). For final admission, it is important for candidates to clear all the levels as well.
IIFT Exam was held on November 27, 2016. It was conducted in an offline mode (pen-paper based). IIFT 2017 consisted of 4 sections and each section had objective type (MCQs) questions. It took place in 20 IIFT Exam centres across India. The national level exam provides admission to the MBA-IB (MBA in International Business) programme offered at IIFT campus, New Delhi and Kolkata.
|IIFT Results||IIFT Cut Off||IIFT Selection Process|
IIFT 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates applying for IIFT 2017 should know about the exam schedule. Now, the whole process for IIFT 2017 is almost completed. IIFT Results 2017 released on the Official website- iift.ac.in. To know about the exam dates of IIFT 2017, candidates can go through the following table to know about the events.
|IIFT Events||IIFT Important Dates|
|Availability of IIFT Form||July 15, 2016|
|Last Date to fill-in the online Application Form||September 05, 2016|
|Last date for obtaining application form through post||September 05, 2016|
|Last date of submitting duly filled-in form at IIFT office||September 05, 2016|
|Last date to obtain and submit IIFT 2017 application form for Foreign Nationals/NRIs/Children of NRIs||February 15, 2017|
|Last Date to change IIFT 2017 Exam Centres||November 04, 2016|
|IIFT 2017 Admit Card to be uploaded online for downloading||November 15, 2016|
|Last Date to receive IIFT Admit Card by Post||November 15, 2016|
|Written Exam of IIFT 2017 to be held in||November 27, 2016|
|IIFT 2017 Results||December 23, 2016|
|IIFT Selection Procedure starts from||January 2017|
IIFT 2017 Results
The result for IIFT 2017 entrance test was declared on December 23, 2016. Candidates can check the IIFT 2017 Result on the official website of IIFT Admissions.
Candidates who gave IIFT 2017 can go through the following article to follow the steps to download their result.
- Visit the official website of IIFT Admission and Click on the link for ‘IIFT 2017 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the IIFT 2017 Score card
- Download and take printout of IIFT 2017 Score Card
- IIFT 2017 Score Card will contain the following details: Maximum marks of a Section, Sectional Cut off and Marks secured in the section and total score
The successful candidates in the exam will be shortlisted for IIFT 2017 Selection Process that includes Essay writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Read More:IIFT 2017 Result
IIFT 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates interested in MBA (IB) programme are required to appear for IIFT written exam organized by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. For the foreign candidates, they need to give GMAT. Based on the performance in the exam of IIFT 2017, candidates are called for Essay Writing, GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview). Candidates are finally shortlisted for a seat at IIFT based on their GDPI performance.
Candidates are required to go through different rounds of selection process for final selection. They will have to report at the stipulated centers for further rounds of selection process. The written exam is scheduled on November 27, 2016 during 10.00am – 12.00pm at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in Written Test. They will then be invited for second phase of selection process comprising Group Discussion, Essay Writing and Interview to be held at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
|IIFT Paper Analysis||IIFT Selection Process|
IIFT 2017 Exam Pattern
The IIFT 2017 entrance exam is a pen- paper based test. Candidates should carefully go through the IIFT 2017 Exam Pattern for a comprehensive preparation plan. IIFT in general has a tendency to experiment with the pattern of examination every year.
The number of questions tends to vary every year, in general the range of total number of questions is between 120 and 150. In 2016 edition, there were 124 questions distributed among 4 sections namely – Quantitative Analysis, English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning. The exam will be conducted in English language only. The questions are in Multiple Choice Questions Format (MCQ).
|Exam Pattern for IIFT 2017|
|Number of questions||120-150 Questions|
|Time-duration for IIFT 2017 exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Marks per question||1 for QA, DI and LR, 0.75 for VA, 1 for RC and 0.50 for GA|
|Negative marking (Marks deducted per wrong question)||1/3 of the marks allotted|
|Medium of IIFT 2017 exam||English|
|Total number of choices per question||4|
Read More: Introduction of GK section in IIFT 2017.
- QA – Quantitative Aptitude
- LR – Logical Reasoning
- DI – Data Interpretation
- VA – Vocabulary
- RC – Reading Comprehension
- GA – General Awareness
The major sections of IIFT 2017 question paper are discussed below.
- Quantitative analysis: In this section, various mathematic questions are asked in order to check the mathematical skills of the candidate. The questions are primarily related to numbers and modern Maths.
- English Comprehension: The section of Verbal ability (English Comprehension) is designed to test the grammatical and language skills of the candidate. Also, topics which are related to checking the skills related to arrangement of sentence are discussed under the section.
- General knowledge and awareness: This topic aims to test candidates’ awareness about his surroundings and events happening round the world. Current affairs, books and authors, history, economy-related events, international bodies etc. are some of the topics to be prepared under this section.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: It is usually considered as the less difficult section as it involves logic based question which requires less time if attempted carefully.
Read More:IIFT 2017 Syllabus
IIFT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are advised to carefully go through the IIFT 2017 Eligibility Criteria before getting themselves registered for the exam. This will help them to know if they can give the IIFT 2017 Exam for the academic session of 2017-19. In case, the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility at a later stage of the examination, then they would be debarred from participating any further in the admission process.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelors’ degree Program of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline from a recognized university.
- IIFT has not prescribed any particular age limit for appearing in IIFT 2017 entrance exam.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their graduation program are also eligible to apply. However, those who are applying for the admission need to submit a proof of their qualification by October 7, 2017. Those who fail to clear the qualifying exam, will lose the provisional admission.
- The final cutoff date for submission of the qualifying exam result will not be extended under any circumstance. In case, the candidates fail to inform the institute about their qualifying exam results by October 7, 2017 then the will lose their provisional admission for the MBA program.
- For candidates applying under Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO/OCI category, the admission will be granted on the basis of GMAT score. The GMAT score should not have been declared before January 1, 2015 and should be submitted at the institute latest by March 31, 2017.
|IIFT Application Form||IIFT Application Fee||IIFT Admit Card||IIFT Exam Centers|
IIFT 2017 Application Process
The Application for the exam of IIFT 2017 can be filled from both the mediums i.e. Online or Offline. The candidates can opt for any of the mode as per their convenience. The last date for IIFT 2017 Registration was on September 05, 2016.
For Online Mode: Candidate needs to visit the Official Website of IIFT. They need to then fill in all the required details as per the requirement.
For Offline Mode: Candidate needs to purchase the IIFT Prospectus. Then, they are required to fill the IIFT Form carefully and send the duly filled form along with other requisite documents to the institute. The amount paid for the prospectus of IIFT will be considered as the IIFT 2017 Fee for registration.The Fee for registration can be paid through DD or using Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
For Foreign Nationals and NRI: The admission for these candidates is purely based on the GMAT score. The GMAT score/ result obtained after January 1, 2015 will be considered only for the purpose of offering admission and should reach the Institute’s office latest by 3rd week of February, 2017.
Read More:IIFT Application Process
IIFT 2017 Admit Card
The candidates who have successfully completed the IIFT 2017 Application Form, will receive their IIFT 2017 Admit card via post. The Admit Card for IIFT 2017 has been released by the IIFT authorities. Candidate must carefully check all the details on Admit Card like Name, Application number, Venue of examination, etc. In case of any discrepancy, candidates should immediately reach out to the IIFT Admission’s office.
In case, candidate do not receive the admit cards by post, they can download the same from the official website of IIFT 2017. Candidates can simply follow the steps indicated below to download the IIFT Admit Card.
Candidates are also required to carry valid identification proof along with the IIFT 2017 Admit Card on the day of examination, to the exam venue for the purpose of verification. Some of the valid identification proofs are listed below:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- College ID
- Election/Voter card