IES Result for Mains is expected to be out in August 2017. Candidates who qualified IES Prelims 2017, appeared for Mains on May 14, 2017. Each year, the result for Indian Engineering Service (IES) is declared by Union Public Service Commision (UPSC). Result will be declared separately for all the three stages in IES viz. Prelims, Mains and Interview.
- Candidates willing to check IES Result can visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in.
- They can then check the upload PDF, containing the names and roll numbers of qualified candidates.
- After clearing IES Mains, candidates will be called for the Personal Interview session.
- IES 2017 Merit List will be published after the declaration of IES Result.
- Ranking of candidates in IES merit list is based upon the total scores secured by them in both the Preliminary and Mains Examination.
This year, approximately 4000 candidates will appear for IES Mains, and there are approximately 440 posts in civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics and telecommunication engineering categories. All candidates who clear IES Cutoff will be considered for recruitment.
IES Result Highlights
|IES Result (Prelims 2017) will be declared on||February 23, 2017|
|IES Result (Mains 2017) will be declared in||August 2017|
|IES Result (Interview 2017) will be declared in||December 2017|
|Result will be declared by||Uninion Public Service Commision (UPSC)|
|IES Result will be declared at||www.upsc.gov.in|
|Result will display||Name and Roll number of qualifying candidate|
|Recruitment will be based on||Performance in all three stages|
|Total number of vacancies||440|
How is IES Result Declared?
- IES Result is declared separately for all the 3 stages of IES i.e. Preliminary, Mains and Final.
- After the results for Preliminary Examination is declared, qualifying candidates will sit for Mains Examination. Post clearing IES Mains Examination, candidates will be called for Interview/ Personality test following which final list of selected candidates will be released.
Here is the detailed information on IES Result for all the stages:
IES Result for Prelims
- IES 2017 Preliminary exam was held on January 8, 2017.
- IES Result for Prelims was announced on February 23, 2017.
- Those who successfully qualify Preliminary Examination shall proceed to IES Mains Examination 2017.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of UPSC in the form of PDF file.
The table below indicates the total number of qualified IES Prelims 2017. These candidates will sit for the next stage.
|Disciplines||Number of qualified candidates|
|Electrical Engineering ||453|
|Electronics & Telecommunication engineering||363|
IES Result for Mains
- IES 2017 Mains Examination was conducted on May 14, 2017 for candidates who cleared Prelims, according to the cut off set by UPSC.
- IES result for Mains will be declared in August 2017, as a PDF file which will be uploaded on the official website of UPSC.
- The file will contain the list of the candidates who will qualify for the third stage of IES Examination 2017 i.e. Interview session or Personality Test.
- To be eligible to go for Interview Session candidate will be required to qualify to the cut off set by commission.
IES Final Result
- Candidates who will qualify IES Mains will be called for Interview session which will be held between November 1, 2017 and December 15, 2017.
- The interview will test candidate’s personality and various skills that he/she possess.
- The results declared after conducting interview session will be considered final.
- On the basis of names and roll numbers in this final list, candidate will be recruited.
How to check IES Result?
IES Result will be announced on the official website of UPSC. The result will be uploaded as a PDF file which will consist of the roll numbers of the qualified candidates. Final list of IES 2017 will consist of names and roll numbers of the candidates who will be selected after interview stage.
Here is step by step procedure that must be followed in order to check IES Result:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Look for link to results of IES 2017 Preliminary/Mains examination
- Click on the link for downloading IES result
- Download PDF file
- Check roll number in the qualifying list
Here are the categories of results and posts:
| I||Civil engineering|
| II||Mechanical engineering|
| III||Electrical engineering|
| IV||Electronics and telecommunication engineering|
How to access IES 2017 Marksheet?
Candidates can have access to the Marksheet for Preliminary Examination of IES 2017 after the results have been announced on the official website of UPSC. To access the Marksheet there are some simple steps that must be followed, these steps are:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Search for the link “Marksheet Engineering Services Examination 2017 (Prelims/ Mains)”
- Enter details asked and the Marksheet will be displayed on the screen
- Check and save the Marksheet for further reference
IES Cut Off 2017
IES Cut off will form the basis for selection of candidates for the next stage. It is released post declaration of IES Result. This year, IES 2017 Cutoff will fall between 180-300 for all its streams. Candidates who fall between the specified IES Cut off will proceed to the subsequent stages. The official IES Cut off will be declared on the website of UPSC.
|Stream||Category-wise Cut off|