IES Application Form, Registration
IES 2018 Application Form will be available online from September 2017. Candidates who have completed their engineering can apply for IES 2018. The application process is considered to be complete only when candidates have paid the application fee after filling the application form.
- Candidates who wish to appear for IES must apply online at the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates must ensure that they are eligible before filling the application form.
- IES 2018 application form will be available from September 2017.
- The last date for submitting the duly filled application form is October 2017.
- Candidates need to upload their scanned signature and photograph according to the instructions.
- The application fee for IES 2018 is INR 200.
- Females and candidates under SC/ST/PH categories do not have to pay the application fee.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the last date because the conducting authority won’t accept any form after the deadline.
- Successfully registered candidates will be issued an E-admit card for IES Exam
IES (Indian Engineering Service) entrance examination is conducted every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). IES is alternatively known as ESE (Engineering Service Examination). Through this entrance examination, engineers are recruited in various government services or sectors of roadways, railways, energy, defence and telecommunication.
Note: Only single application form was to be submitted per person. Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted. No correspondence regarding the rejection of IES application form will be entertained. The applicants are advised to check their e-mails to ensure that their IES application forms have been successfully submitted.
Highlights of IES Application Form
|Exam Name||Indian Engineering Services or Engineering Services Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Services Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Availability of IES Application Form||September 28, 2017|
|IES Application Fee||INR 200|
|IES Exam Date||January 2018|
IES Registration Dates
It is advised that candidates start the registration for IES/ESE 2018 early enough to avoid the last minute rush on the official website. Tabulated below are all the important dates related to IES 2018 Application Form:
|Online IES Registration begins||September 28, 2017|
|Online IES Registration ends(Without Late Fee)||November 03, 2017|
|Downloading of IES 2018 Admit card||December 2017|
IES 2018 Pre-Requisites
There are some documents and items that a candidate will need to keep ready before starting IES Registrations. The list of IES Exam Application pre-requisites is given below:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s latest colored photograph with white background in jpg format (140 pixels height by 110 pixels width)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature in black/blue ink on white piece of paper in jpg format (110 pixels height by 140 pixels width)
- Maximum size limit is 40KB for both of these items
- Minimum size limit for photograph is 3 KB and for signature is 1 KB
- Candidates must ensure that their E-mail ids that are to be used while filling IES 2017 application form, should be valid and active.
IES Registration Fee
- Application Fee for General and OBC category candidates is INR 200.
- But, reserved category candidates and female candidates are exemptedfrom paying IES application fees.
IES Application Fee can be paid using following modes of payment:
Payment via Online Mode
- The online payment incudes payment through Credit/ Debit Card.
- It also includes payment through net banking service provided by the following banks:
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Mysore.
Payment via Offline Mode
- Payment through offline mode can be made by paying the cash at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Candidate has to download the Pay-in-Slip available on the payment window.
How To Apply For IES 2018?
All candidates whether working in Government Service/ Government owned industrial undertaking/ private employment or other similar organizations have to apply online by visiting the official website. IES registration 2018 is done online in 2 parts- Part 1 Registration and Part 2 Registration.
Part 1 Registration includes: filling up basic information. Part 2 Registration includes payment, selection of engineering discipline & examination center, uploading of photographs and agreeing to declaration.
Given below are the steps to register for IES Exam:
Step 1: IES Part 1 Registration
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Click on the link to apply for UPSC Civil Services
- Enter the details Name, Gender, Category, Nationality and other personal details.
- Click on Submit button
- You are redirected to the payment step
Step 2: IES Application Fee Payment
- Choose the payment method between online or offline mode
- Offline mode: download the Pay-in-slip provided on the page and cash payment at nearest branch of State Bank of India during working hours
- Online mode: payment through credit/ debit card or net banking
- If you choose Credit Card, enter the Card number, Validity and 6 digit special PIN number
- If you choose Debit Card, enter the Card number, Validity and CVV number
- Enter the account details of the bank account, if payment has to be done through net banking
- Click on pay now post filling the details
- You are redirected to the UPSC Registration Part II
Note: Candidates are requested to take a print of IES Part 1 Registration by clicking on “Print”.Candidates who are exempted from paying IES application fee will be redirected to the next step.
Step 3: IES Part 2 Registration
- Post receipt of the fee payment, fill the other details of the IES Application Form
- Fill in the choice of IES Exam Center
- Select the Engineering Core Branch
- Fill in the qualification and other communication details
- After verification, click on submit to proceed to the next step
Note: While filling IES application form, candidates should carefully decide about the exam center and Engineering Discipline.
Step 4: Upload Photograph & Signature
- Click on the link provided to upload the photograph
- Browse the location of the image and select the image
- Click on upload
- Check if the image is opened correctly and clearly
- Follow same steps to upload the signature
- Click on “I Agree” to approve of the declaration and submit the complete IES Application Form.
NOTE: After agreeing to the declaration, no correction can be made. Candidates applying online need NOT send hard copy of the Online Application filled by them online or any other document/ certificate/ testimonial to the Union Public Service Commission. However, it is essential to take a printout of the Online Application and retain it for further communication with the Commission.
IES 2018 Important Instructions
- In case a candidate finds any mistake in transaction details after submission of IES application form, then the candidate has to submit the original challan issued by bank for cash payment/ bank statement for other mode of payment as a proof for payment of fees.
- If in case, candidate’s photograph/ signature doesn’t match with the pixels mentioned in the guidelines then candidate should not worry, UPSC doesn’t cancel he candidature based on the size or color of ink used.
- A fresh application form has to be submitted if any mistake is reported in the IES application form.
- No hard copy to be sent to UPSC unless it is asked for any reason. But is it strictly advised to keep a hard copy of IES application form for future reference.
- If Registration ID is not generated by the system on completion of Part 1 registration then a fresh application has to be filled.
- In case, a candidate is not satisfied with the format, quality, size of the photograph or signature then he may opt for a fresh online application with the revised scanned copies of the images.
- If the image is in other formats such as .tiff, .bmp etc., then open the photo in MS Paint and click save as option to save it in the desired format (.jpg).