IBSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India or ICFAI defines IBSAT Eligibility Criteria. As per the eligibility, a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in order to apply for IBSAT Exam. Here is a brief of the Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing for IBSAT 2018:
- Eligibility for MBA and PhD programs are different.
- For IBSAT MBA Program, candidate should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education.
- For PhD program, candidate should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular education.
- IBSAT 2018 has no upper age limit to apply for the exam as per the conducting authority.
Candidates satisfying all the standards can then fill in IBSAT Application Form. The registration window for the management exam will close on December 12, 2017. It is important to fill the form as soon as possible as the exam venue will be allocated on the basis of first come first serve basis.
IBSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility for IBSAT Exam varies as per the programs that are offered by ICFAI. Mentioned below is the eligibility criteria as per the programs:
For 2 years Management Program
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
- Candidates in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply.
Note: The admissions for the final year candidates will be provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2019.
For PhD Program
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English
- Post Graduation in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations from an UGC approved University) with 55% and above marks
- Post Graduation (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
- Applicants who have completed their graduation/ Post graduation on one-time sitting basis or on part time, distance mode or online mode are not eligible for PhD program of IBS Hyderabad.
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation and/ or post graduation have to submit TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
IBSAT Reservation Policy
IBSAT Reservation Policy does not specify anything as per educational or age relaxation for candidates belonging to the reserved categories. There is no fixed pattern followed by the management college for the seat allotment. However, certain privileges are granted to the reserved categories. But IBSAT is one such exam which does not provide any relaxation to the reserved categories. IBSAT Eligibility Criteria of these Reserved Categories are given as under:
- The aggregate marks eligibility criterion is same for every category and therefore there is no relaxation in the aggregate marks based on the category to which candidate belongs. The minimum marks required for every candidate to appear for the IBSAT 2018 are 50% in aggregate in the undergraduate programme.
- Application fee amount is also the same for all candidates alike. There is no relaxation in the application fee amount for candidates belonging to the SC, ST or OBC categories.
- There is no provision for the reservation of seats for candidates belonging to the reserved categories of Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes and Other Backward Classes. Every candidate is treated at par and hence there is no prior reservation of seats.
- IBSAT is one of the entrance exams which does not guarantee any seat reservations of the reserved category candidates. All candidates are required to fulfill all the mandatory eligibility conditions in order to gain admission in any of the IBS colleges.
Exemption from IBSAT 2018
There are a few candidates who are exempted from taking the IBSAT 2018 in order to take admission to various IBS Business School all over India. However, in order to avail this facility candidates must have to fulfill the necessary condition of having a valid score in either of the following exams:
The CAT or the Common Admission Test and GMAT or the Graduate Management Admission Test are conducted all over India for granting admission to candidates to the management postgraduate degree and diploma programs to various colleges all over India. The NMAT or NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is the entrance exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission council is yet another entrance exam which, if candidate has a valid score, exempts candidate from taking the IBSAT 2018. In short, these exams are made replaceable to the IBSAT for admission to the management programs at the various IBS colleges across the country.