IBSAT 2017 Result, Selection Process and Cut off
IBS Business School declared the IBSAT 2017 Result on January 6, 2017. The results are available for download on the official website of IBSAT. The online entrance exam concluded on December 27, 2016. Selection Process for final admission ends on February 26, 2017. The GD/ PI rounds for final selection will be organized by IBS Hydrabad.
IBSAT (ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test) is a national level entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission in MBA/ PGPM Programmes offered by top most IBS Business Schools gives the exam. IBSAT will be held across nine ICFAI Business School (IBS) campuses including Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
|IBSAT Result 2017||IBSAT Paper Analysis||IBSAT Counselling|
IBSAT 2017 Exam Dates
IBSAT 2017 written exam has now concluded. Now, IBS Hydrabad will hold the GDPI round for final admission to various IBS Colleges. Candidates can go through the detailed schedule of IBSAT 2017 to keep themselves updated.
What is IBSAT exam?
- IBSAT also known as ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test, is a national level exam.
- The exam is conducted for candidates seeking admission in Business Management programmes offered in various IBS Business Schools.
- IBSAT Exam is conducted in Online mode i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test) and is of 2 hours.
- There are currently 9 IBS Business School in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Dehradun.
IBSAT 2017 Selection Process
The shortlisted candidates from IBSAT 2017 written exam along with those who applied with valid GMAT (2015 onwards), NMAT by GMAC 2016, CAT 2016 score holders will be called for IBSAT 2017 Selection Procedure. IBS Hyderabad will conduct the Selection Process (GD/ PI) for final admission.
On the basis of final weightage candidates will be selected for admission to MBA/PGPM or PhD. Programmes. It procedure mainly comprises of 4 major steps:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
IBSAT 2017 Selection Process is scheduled from February 17 to February 26, 2017 for MBA and PGPM Programme while the selection process for Ph.D programme is scheduled from March 18 to March 20, 2017.
The selection Briefings are primarily a series of focused seminars aimed providing an overview of the various Programmes and processes at IBS. The selection briefings are conducted at 40 locations from Jan 20-30, 2017 for all the successful applicants.
Group Discussion (GD)
After the briefings, the shortlisted candidates are invited for Group Discussion and Personal Interview at IBS Hyderabad. All the candidates are adjudged on the basis of characteristics they display during the group discussion round. Some of the typical traits looked for in candidates are Leadership qualities, Optimistic outlook and Negotiation skills.
All the participants are divided into small groups of 8-10 people. They are provided with a topic or case study on which they need to discuss for 15-20 minutes.
Reading newspapers and business magazines apart from brushing up your knowledge of current affairs around the world and some common topics will definitely help the candidates to leave a strong impression during the Group Discussion.
Personal Interview (PI)
In the final round of Personal Interview, candidates are adjudged by a panel of experts. Candidates should be prepared to counter any question related to their previous qualifications and achievements as well as their future goals.
Candidates might also be presented with a logical puzzle to solve to test their ability to adopt a logical thinking process under crisis situations. They must remain calm demeanor during the personal interview round.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of a combined weightage given to their GMAT®/CAT 2016/NMAT 2016 by GMAC/ IBSAT 2017 scores, performance in Group discussion and Personal Interview Round.
IBSAT 2017 Cut off
The cut off for IBSAT is calculated on the candidates performance in the written exam and GD PI Round. IBSAT Cut off is different for all the IBS Business Schools. The highest cut off goes upto 95 and the lowest is around 55.
|IBS College||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Factors Affecting IBSAT Cut off
- Difficulty Level of the written exam
- Number of Participants
- Previous Years’ Cut off
- Seats Available for the respective course.
IBSAT 2017 Result
IBSAT Results are released now. The results are declared by the ICFAI Business School on their official website www.ibsindia.org. All the applicants should note that the result for IBSAT 2017 will be declared only on the official website and no communication will be done via email or courier.
The steps for checking result are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2017: www.ibsindia.org.
- Enter the Application Number and Password.
- Download and view the IBSAT 2017 Scorecard
- IBSAT 2017 Scorecard contains related to Sectional Marks, Total Marks, etc.
All the candidates who successfully pass the IBSAT 2017 Cutoff will be invited to participate in the IBSAT 2017 Selection Process.
IBSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
ICFAI University Group, conducting body of IBSAT has clearly defined the eligibility criteria. The interested candidates needs to fulfill the criteria before applying for IBSAT 2017. Abrief criterion is mentioned below:
- Candidates should have completed a minimum of 15 years of regular education.
- A minimum of bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute is required.
- It is important for the candidates to have English medium in graduation. If in case, they do not have it, then they are required to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2017.
- Candidates in their final year bachelor's degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical examinations / viva / assignments) before May 31, 2017. The admission will remain provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2017.
- Valid NMAT 2017 Score or GMAT Score (from 2015 onwards) or CATScore holders are not required to give the exam of IBSAT. These candidates are eligible to participate directly in IBSAT 2017 Selection Process in February, 2017.
- There is no management or NRI quota for admission to IBS Business School.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation on part time basis, distance mode or online mode are not eligible.
IBSAT 2017 Application Process
Application Process of IBS can be completed through Online and Offline mode. The IBSAT 2017 Application Form were made available from July 01, 2017. Candidates opting online mode, have to visit the Official Website of ICFAI Business School or Official Website of IBS. For those opting for Offline Mode, have to purchase the forms from designated centres of ICFAI Business School or various marketing branches of Axis Bank located across the country.
How to Apply for IBSAT 2017?
Candidates filling the Application form for IBSAT 2017 initially have to go through 3 steps– Registration, Fee Payment and Submit of Form (Confirmation of Form Submission). These steps are discussed below in detail.
Step 1: Login for Registration- IBSAT Registration is the first step for appearing in the IBS Aptitude Test. They need to first select the mode via which they will fill the form.
For Offline mode: Candidates opting for Offline Mode have to buy the Application Form along with prospectus from any of the IBS campus, any of the marketing branches or designated Axis bank branches. And then follow the required steps as mentioned on the booklet.
For Online Mode: Candidates registering via Online Mode for IBSAT 2017 has to follow 4 simple steps- Filling Personal Details, Reviewing of Form, Fee Payment and then Submit.
All the online applicants will receive a mail providing details of application number and password on successfully remitting the application fee for IBSAT 2017. The information bulletin for IBSAT 2017 will be dispatched within 7 days of the successful submission of online application form.
Step 2: Filling the Details- A candidate is required to fill in all the required details like Personal Details (Name, DOB, Address, Family details), Academic Details and uploading their photograph in .jpeg or .gif format. The size of the photograph should not be above 25 KB and preferably 140-160 pixels. The photograph should be a recent colored passport sized photograph with full face view.
Step 3: Submit the IBSAT Form- Before submmitting the form, it is advisable for a candidate to review the IBSAT Form. They should carefully go through all the details and after finally reviewing it then press the ‘Submit’ Tab.
Note: All the GMAT (2015 onwards), NMAT by GMAC 2016, CAT 2016 score holders will be directly called for the IBSAT 2017 Selection Process along with qualifying candidates of IBSAT 2017 at IBS Hyderabad in February, 2017. To seek exemption under these categories, candidates have to mail the scanned copy of their score/certificate on email id email@example.com.
IBSAT 2017 Application Fee
The Application Fee for IBSAT 2017 can be submitted via online payment gateway through Credit/Debit card/Net Banking (for online applicants) or through cash payment at the time of purchasing prospectus from Marketing branches of IBS business school as well as designated branches of Axis Bank. Candidates should submit the requisite Application Fee for completing IBSAT 2017 Application Process. The IBSAT 2017 Application Fee to be remitted is INR 1800/-.
IBSAT 2017 Slot Booking
Candidates have to select date and time slots to appear for IBSAT 2017 at notified test centers for IBSAT. All the test centers, date & time slots are available on the first cum first serve basis. The steps for slot booking are discussed below.
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2017.
- Enter the IBSAT 2017 Application Number and Password.
- Candidates have to provide the preference for IBSAT 2017 Exam Center from the drop down list for Test centers
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2017. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- The IBSAT 2017 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
Know more: How to book a slot for IBSAT 2017?
IBSAT 2017 Admit Card
The IBSAT Admit Card can be downloaded after completing the IBSAT 2017 Registration and Slot Booking Process successfully. ICFAI will release the Admit Card on the Official Website of IBS -www.ibsindia.org. The steps to download admit card are explained below.
- Go to the official link for downloading Admit Card http://www.ibsat.org/admitcard/login.asp
- Enter the IBSAT 2017 Application Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the link to download IBSAT 2017 Admit Card
- Download and take few printouts of the Admit Card for future reference
Candidates are advised to keep a valid photo ID proof along with them on the day of the exam. Some of the valid Id proofs are:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- College ID
- Election/Voter card
The Official date for downloading the IBSAT Admit Card is yet to be announced. But, it is said that it will be made available from the Second week of December. The Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates via post or courier. Hence, it is advisable for the candidates to keep a regular check on the Official Website of IBS.
IBSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The IBSAT 2017 is a Computer Based Test (CBT). The candidates have to take the test at the allotted computer systems at the 100-authorized test center. Candidates are advised to carefully go through the IBSAT Exam Pattern before starting with their preparation. The total duration of IBSAT 2017 is 2 hours (120 minutes). All the questions are in objective in nature (MCQ format).
In total, there are 140 questions distributed among 4 sections. The 4 sections are namely Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI). The section-wise distribution of questions is mentioned below.
|Sections in IBSAT Exam||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||50|
|Reading Comprehensions (RC)||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||30|
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI)||30|
All the correct answers will be awarded 1 mark while there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. There is no time limit for attempting any sections.