IBSAT 2018 - ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test
IBSAT or ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test is a national level examination. It is conducted for admissions to MBA or PGPM Programs offered by the top most IBS Business Schools. The exam is conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education every year in the month of December 2017.
- IBSAT Application Form is available on the official website and at specific marketing offices.
- Last date to get registered for IBSAT is December 17, 2017.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in any discipline can apply for IBSAT. Check Eligibility for IBSAT
- Successfully registered candidates will be issued their IBSAT Admit Card in December 2017.
The shortlisted candidates from IBSAT 2018 written exam along with those who have applied with a valid GMAT (2015 onwards) score, NMAT by GMAC 2017 score and CAT 2017 score holders will also be called for IBSAT 2018 selection procedure.
ICFAI has scheduled the MBA entrance exam from December 21 to December 24, 2017. The paper pattern is similar to that of any management exam like XAT, NMAT, TISSNET etc. The exam will be conducted in online mode. The duration of aptitude test will be of 2 hours with objective type of questions. View IBSAT Exam Pattern
Highlights of IBSAT 2018
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Courses Offered||MBA and PGPM|
What is IBSAT exam?
- IBSAT also known as ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test, is a national level exam.
- The exam is conducted for candidates seeking admission in Business Management programs offered in various IBS Business Schools.
- IBSAT Exam is conducted in Online mode i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test) and duration is 2 hours.
- There are currently 9 IBS Business Schools in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, and Dehradun.
IBSAT 2018 Exam Dates
The official notification for IBSAT 2018 has been released at ibsindia.org. IBSAT Application Form filling window will conclude on December 12, 2017. One must make sure to register for the exam before the process concludes. Tabulated below are all the important dates related to IBSAT 2018.
|Start of IBSAT 2018 Registration||July 01, 2017|
|IBSAT Application Form filling concludes on||December 12, 2017|
|Commencement of Slot Booking||December 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||December 2017|
|IBSAT 2018 Exam Date||December 21 to 24, 2017|
|IBSAT Results Declaration||January 02, 2018|
|Selection Briefings||February 20 - 26, 2018 in 48 cities|
|Selection Process||MBA / PGPM Program: February 2018|
|Ph.D. Program: March 2018|
IBSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
ICFAI University, the conducting body of IBSAT has defined the eligibility criteria for candidates. It is important to satisfy the same in order to fill the application form. The eligibility criteria for IBSAT 2018 is listed below:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.
- The UG degree should be in English medium. In case they do not have it, they are required to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score.
- He/ she must have a minimum of 15 years of regular education.
- Candidates without a full-time graduation degree (those who have completed their graduation on part time basis, distance mode or online mode) are not eligible to apply for IBSAT.
- Candidates appearing in final year of their qualifying examination can also apply for the exam. They have to complete their graduation requirements before May 31, 2018.
- Their admission will be under the provisional category until they have produced their marks sheets and degree certificates fulfilling their eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with a valid NMAT 2018 Score or GMAT Score (from 2015 onwards) or CAT Score can directly participate in IBSAT 2018 Selection Process.
Read More IBSAT Eligibility
Note:ICFAI University/ group strictly states that there is no management or NRI quota for admission to IBS Business School.
IBSAT 2018 Application Form
Registration window for IBSAT will become functional from July 01, 2017. The application form filling can be completed via online or offline mode.
- Candidates opting for online mode, have to visit the official website of IBS to access the form.
- For those candidates opting for offline mode they have to purchase the forms from designated centers of ICFAI Business School. The forms will be available at various marketing branches of Axis Bank located across the country. Candidates can check for these branches on the official ICFAI University Group website.
How to Apply for IBSAT 2018?
Candidates filling the application form for IBSAT 2018 have to follow a 3-step process:
- Fee Payment
- Confirmation and submission of application form
These steps are discussed below in detail:
Step 1: Login for Registration- IBSAT Registration is the first step for appearing in IBS Aptitude Test. They need to first select the mode via which they will fill the form i.e. online or offline.
For Offline mode: Buy the application form along with prospectus from any of IBS campus/ designated marketing branches/ Axis bank branches. And then follow the required steps as mentioned in the booklet.
For Online Mode: Candidates registering via online mode for IBSAT 2018 has to follow 4 simple steps – Filling Personal Details, Reviewing of Form, Fee Payment and then Submit. Once they are registered, they can go on to fill in the necessary details for application.
Step 2: Filling the Details- Candidates will now have to fill in the following personal details:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Address of communication
- Family details
- Academic details
Apart from these, candidates have to upload the following documents for successful application:
- Candidate’s photograph in .jpeg format or .gif format. The size should not exceed 25kb and preferably from 140 to 160 pixel. The photograph should be a recent colored passport sized photograph with full face view.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s qualifying exam mark sheet.
Step 3: Submit IBSAT Form- Before submitting the form, it is advisable to review IBSAT Application Form. They should carefully go through all the details and after finally reviewing it then press the ‘Submit’ Tab.
Note: Candidates having valid GMAT (2015 onwards), NMAT by GMAC 2016, CAT 2016 scores will be directly called for IBSAT 2018 Selection Process. To seek exemption under these categories, candidates have to mail the scanned copy of their score/certificate on email id email@example.com.
IBSAT Application Fee
The application fee for IBSAT 2018 is INR 1800 for all categories. Candidates can pay it online via credit card/ debit card or net banking (for online applicants). Candidates registering via offline mode can pay by cash at the designated center while buying the application form.
IBSAT 2018 Slot Booking
For IBSAT 2018, candidates are required to choose a date and time slot as per their preference. The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first cum first serve basis. The steps tp follow for slot booking is as follows:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2018.
- Enter the IBSAT 2018 Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2018 Exam Center from the drop down list for Test centers
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2018. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- IBSAT 2018 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
Know more: How to book a slot for IBSAT 2018?
IBSAT 2018 Admit Card
IBSAT Admit Card can be downloaded after completing IBSAT 2018 Registration and Slot Booking Process. The official date for downloading admit card will be announced shortly.The document will be released by the conducting body at www.ibsindia.org. The steps to download the same are explained below.
- Visit IBSAT Official Website.
- Go to the official link for downloading Admit Card http://www.ibsat.org/admitcard/login.asp
- Enter IBSAT 2018 Application Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the link to download IBSAT 2018 Admit Card
- Download and take few printouts of the Admit Card for future reference
Note: One must keep a valid photo ID proof along with them on the day of the exam. Some of the valid Id proofs are:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- College ID
- Election/Voter card
IBSAT 2018 Exam Centers
IBSAT will be held across nine ICFAI Business School (IBS) campuses. Candidates can select the preferred exam center at the time slot booking process. The list of IBSAT 2018 exam centers is given below: -
IBSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
IBSAT 2018 will be conducted in online mode only. Candidates are advised to carefully go through IBSAT Exam Pattern before starting with their preparation. The total duration of IBSAT 2018 is 2 hours (120 minutes). All the questions are multiple choice questions and objective in nature.
In total, there will be 140 questions distributed among 4 sections. The sections are Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI). The section-wise distribution of questions is mentioned in the table below:
|Sections in IBSAT 2018 exam||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||50|
|Reading Comprehension (RC)||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||30|
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI)||30|
All the correct answers will be given 1 mark while there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. There will not be any specific time limit for any section and candidates can complete the entire paper in 2 hours.
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Number of Sections||4|
IBSAT 2018 Result
IBSAT 2018 Results will be released by ICFAI Business School on the official website. The steps for checking the results are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2018: www.ibsindia.org.
- Enter the Application Number and Password.
- View and Download IBSAT 2018 Scorecard.
The scorecard will contain candidate’s sectional and total marks obtained in the exam. Candidates clearing IBSAT Cut off will be called for IBSAT 2018 Counselling and Selection Process.
IBSAT 2018 Cut Off
The cut off for IBSAT is calculated on the basis of marks obtained in written exam, group discussion, and personal interview rounds. IBSAT Cut off is different for all the different IBS Business Schools. The highest cut off goes up to 95 and the lowest is around 55 (tentative based on previous years’ cut off). The table below highlights the tentative cut off for the various IBS Business Schools based on statistics from 2016.
|IBS College||Opened Rank||Closing Rank|
Factors Affecting IBSAT 2018 Cut off:
- Difficulty level of IBSAT written exam
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Previous years’ Cut off
- Seats available for the respective course.
IBSAT 2018 Counselling
IBSAT 2018 counselling will be held after the declaration of results of both the MBA / PGPM and Ph.D. programs. The selection will be done on basis of a combined weightage given to GMAT /CAT 2017 /NMAT 2017 by GMAC/ IBSAT 2018 scores, performance in Group discussion and Personal Interview Round.
IBSAT 2018 Counselling Process involves 4 major steps:
- Selection Briefing
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Selection Briefings for candidates are primarily a series of seminars that are conducted by ICFAI.
- The focus and aim of the seminar are to provide candidates an overview of the various programs offered at the ICFAI business school.
Group Discussion (GD)
- After the briefing sessions are over, the shortlisted candidates have to go for Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- Candidates will be judged on the basis of their characteristics presented in the group discussion round.
- In this round, a candidate’s will be measured in terms of their Leadership qualities, Optimistic outlook, and Negotiation skills.
- Candidates will be divided into small groups. They will be provided with a topic or case study on which they need to discuss and present their opinions for 15-20 minutes. Read More How to crack IBSAT GD PI?
Personal Interview (PI)
- This is the final round in the whole IBSAT Selection Procedure.
- Candidates will be judged by a panel of experts.
- Candidates should be prepared to counter any question related to their previous qualifications and achievements as well as their future goals.
- Candidates can be asked questions related to a logical puzzle so that candidates can solve it as a test for their ability to adopt a logical thinking process under critical situations.
- They must remain calm and confident during the personal interview round.