HPU MAT 2017 (Himachal Pradesh University MBA Admission Test) exam is held every year for admissions to management programs. It is conducted by HPU. HPU MAT 2017 Exam Pattern gives details about the HPU MAT 2017 syllabus, number of sections in the exam and other details related to the exam. HPU MAT 2017 will be divided into 4 sections. The total number of questions asked in the exam are 200. There will be 50 questions in each of the following sections:
- English comprehension & Language
- Business Environment & General Knowledge
- Critical Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension
It is important for a candidates to know the HPU MAT 2017 Syllabus so that they can prepare well for the exam. As the topics have a wide range so it is better to stick to the defined guidelines.
Exam Pattern Highlights for HPU MAT 2017
HPU MAT 2017 will have 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the test. Please check below the exam pattern highlights:
|Duration Of Exam||120 minutes (2 Hours)|
|Total Number Of Sections||4|
|Mode Of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper based Test)|
|Total Number Of Questions||200|
|Marking Scheme||(+1) for each right answer, No negative penalty for wrong answers)|
|Type Of Questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Name Of Sections||English Comprehension and Language Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning General Knowledge and Business Awareness|
HPU MAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The candidate has to complete all the 200 questions in the defined time. No extra time will be allotted to the candidate to complete the exam
There will be 4 sections in the HPU MAT 2017 Exam. The candidate must prepare each section well. The candidate has to clear each section to qualify for the exam.
The section names are as follows:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
|English comprehension & Language||50|
|Business Environment & Genera Knowledge||50|
|Critical Reasoning & General Intelligence||50|
|Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension||50|
HPU MAT 2017 Mode of Examination
HPU MAT Exam is conducted in offline mode. The candidates are given question papers and OMR sheets to mark the answers. The candidates have to read questions from the question paper and answer to be marked in the corresponding answer sheet.
The answer sheet will be scanned by the computer based system. This requires the candidate to color the bubbles in a proper manner. The bubbles which are not colored properly are not counted. Also, it is advised that the question paper code and the answer sheet code be checked properly. The code must be same.
Know More About HPU MAT Application Process
HPU MAT 2017 Syllabus
HPU MAT 2017 Syllabus is very vital for a candidate to know. It helps a candidate to score good marks in the exam. Please check the detailed HPU MAT 2017 syllabus below:
1. English comprehension
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Fill In the Blanks
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed)
- Sentence Correction
- Foreign language words used in English
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- Odd one out
- One word substitution,
- Different usage of same word
2. Critical Reasoning
- Number and Letter Series
- Clocks, Venn Diagrams
- Logical Connectives
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Binary Logic
- Logical Matching Blood Relations
3. Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram
- Critical reasoning
- Visual reasoning
- Geometry (Lines, Angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc.
- Ratios and Proportion
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra
- Work and time
- Number system
HPU MAT 2017 Preparation Tips
The preparation tips help in improving the performance of the applicant in the HPU MAT 2017 exam. Given below are the preparation tips for HPU MAT 2017 Exam are given below:
- The mathematics syllabus up till class 10th has to be learnt well to score well in the HPU MAT 2017 exam.
- Practice all the formulas and learn them by writing manually each formula several times.
- Try to solve as many problems possible, based on a single formula, so that the analysis, speed and accuracy is increased.
- The puzzles must be solved on a regular basis as before exam it is difficult to spend time on puzzles. The puzzles can be easy or difficult.
- Prepare a time table and stick to it. Give time to each section as you define in the time table.
- The ability to understand the business analytics section is dependent on the number of questions you can find on the section. This section has no specific details defined. The understanding of the business strategy will be tested. This can be done with the help of some extra books which give a rough overview.
- The DI and AC section requires a lot of practice. The candidate who has practiced well the CAT AI syllabus is expected to score more and have an upper hand.
Know About HPU MAT Results
- Practice the HPU MAT sample papers and previous year papers well.
- The sample papers have a wide variety of questions which will help you in increasing the speed and efficiency.
- It is better that all the topics given in the syllabus are practiced well. As the syllabus is general, so the HPU MAT syllabus is on the basis of the previous year exam patterns. This makes sure you about the important areas in each section.
- The English section requires you to do the intensive practice of vocabulary, reading comprehension and sentence formation mainly. The other topics can easily be mastered in the English section if you master these three.
- Try to solve the sample papers within the defined time. This will give you an understanding of the efficiency part. Drop the questions which are not easy in a single go.
- Once the easy questions in each section are attempted then move to the difficult ones to save the time. Practice this strategy for both the sample papers as well as the HPU MAT 2017 Exam.