HPCET 2017 Application Process
HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test) 2017 is conducted for admission into technical and professional courses in institutions located in Himachal Pradesh. The HPCET 2017 Application Process starts from June 1, 2017 and continues till June 25, 2017.
The HPCET 2017 Application fee is Rs 1550/- for General/Unreserved Category and Rs 1400/- for SC/ST/BPL Category.
Before applying for HPCET 2017 Exam, candidate should meet the HPCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
HPCET 2017 Exam Dates
This the overall schedule for the HPCET 2017 Application Process:
|Beginning of Submission of Application Form for B. Tech Direct Entry||June1, 2017|
|Last Date of form Submission for B. Tech Direct Entry||June 26, 2017|
|For B. Tech Lateral Entry Beginning of Submission of Application Form||June1, 2017|
|For B. Tech Lateral Entry Last Date of form Submission||July 11, 2017|
HPCET 2017 Eligibility
Before heading towards the HPCET 2017 application process candidates have to make sure they fulfill the following mentioned eligibility criteria:
For B. Tech Direct Entry:
- Candidates should have done class 12 or equivalent from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects together with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subjects as one of the subject.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in total aggregate. For SC/Students there is relaxation of 5%.
For B. Tech Lateral Entry:
- Candidate must have completed 3 years’ diploma from an institution affiliated from AICTE.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate. There is relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates, they have to obtain minimum 40% marks in qualifying examination.
- Candidates should hold B.Sc. degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks in total aggregate (For SC/ST students it is 40%).
Read More About HPCET Eligibility
Steps for HPCET 2017 Application Process
For appearing in HPCET 2017 Examination, candidates have to apply online. HPCET 2017 Application form is available online from March 1, 2017 to May 1, 2017. For filling up your application process candidates have to follow these mentioned steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Open the official website. http://www.himtu.ac.in .
- Click on “Apply Online”.
- You will see a “Registered Now” icon on the left of the screen. Click on it.
- An Account Registration Form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the required information such as User Name (It should be unique).
- The candidates are advised to use some special character while entering Username and Password
- Next step is to confirm your password, Date of Birth, email address and mobile number.
- Click on the Create Account.
The online portal will generate an Application Form Number. The Username and Form No generated will be sent to the registered E-Mail address.
Step 2: Login to fill the Application form
Candidates have to fill in following details in HPCET 2017 Application form:
- Candidate’s Name- Mention your full name here as in Class 10th marksheet.
- Father’s Name- Enter your father’s Name
- Mother’s Name-Enter your Mother’s Name
- Nationality- Candidates have to mention that whether they are Indian Applicant or belongs to Foreign Nationals/Passport Holders Category.
- Sex- Indicate whether you are a Male Candidate or Female.
- Program Applied for – In this you have to mention the courses you want to apply through HPCET 2017.
- Beti Hai Anmol- Enter Yes or No
- Kashmiri Migrants- Enter Yes or No
- Examination Center
- Bonafide/Domicile of Himachal Pradesh-
- Category- Indicate to which category you belong to (General/SC/ST)
- Date of Birth, Contact Number, Email Address- Mention your date of birth, valid email address and contact number
- Defense Quota- Mark Yes or No.
- Backward Area, Weightage Code for Backward Area
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme- Indicate Yes/No whether you belong this category or not.
- Qualifying Exam
- Permanent Address- Enter your permanent address along with postal code. Also include your Father’s Name, Village Name, Tehsil and district.
- Correspondence Address- Mention you’re your correspondence address for communication.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
For uploading photograph, the candidate can follow these steps:
- Click on browse.
- Select your latest scanned photograph.
- Click on upload.
Note: The photograph should be in JPG/JPEG format and upto 50 kb.
Similarly, for uploading signature the candidate can follow these steps:
- Click on browse button.
- Select your source.
- click on upload.
Note: The specification for uploading signature are file size should be upto 30 Kb and it should be in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 4: Fee Payment
After uploading the photograph and signature the candidates can pay fee via following modes:
Mode of fee payment
- Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit/Card.
HPCET 2017 Application Fee and Payment mode
The category-wise HPCET 2017 application fee are mentioned below:
For paying fee click on “Click here to get fee payment link”. Two options will appear:
- “Offline link to generate PNB Challan”- In order to make payment through bank challan, click on this option.
Note: The PNB Challan is triplicate i.e. 3 copies will be generated-candidate copy, bank copy and university copy. Take the print out of the challan and deposit the Fee in the nearest PNB branch. After depositing the Fee, re-login in your account at least after 24 hours; enter payment details i.e. transaction number as provided by the bank on the PNB Challan Payment details page and click on “Save Payment Details”
- In case candidate want to pay fee online through Credit/Debit Card, click on the “Online Fee Payment”.
- He/she must provide necessary details such as Card Number, Name of the Card, CVV Number & Expiry date etc.
Step 5: Confirmation
- In the end after submitting the fee “Confirmation” button will appear.
- There will be 2 options at the bottom of the Application Form i.e. “Edit” and “Final Submit”
- In case candidate want to make changes on the confirmation page, click on “Edit” button. The data filled will appear in editable mode. Make the necessary correction and click on ‘Update Details” button to save the corrections.
- Then click the “Final Submit” button.
- Candidates application Form along with declaration will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates have take a print out of the duly filled application form (Confirmation Page) and get it signed from their parents/guardian.
- The filled in HPCET 2017 Application form has to be send through post to
The Registrar, H.P. Technical University,
Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur 177001 (H.P.)
HPCET 2017 Application Process for International Candidates
Foreign/NRI Candidates can also seek admission through HPCET 2017 under Supernumerary Category. All the eligible Applicants have to send duly filled HPCET 2017 application form before July 8, 2017.
Candidates falling under this category need not to appear for the entrance exam. Admissions will be granted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
Note: 5% of seats are reserved for NRIs, their spouses, their dependents (Son/daughter along with legally adopted children) within the sanctioned seat intake and 15% of seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals/Passport Holders over and above the sanctioned intake.
HPCET 2017 Application Guidelines for Foreign/NRI Candidates
The international candidates must abide by these guidelines mentioned below:
- Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals are same as that of Indian Candidates.
- Candidates have to submit duly attested English translations of all transcripts.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency. Additionally, the transcript should also be duly certified by the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
- For candidates applying from India, all attestation must be completed by the concerned Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the concerned country in India.
- On getting admission, Candidates have to produce their Students Visa within one month of completion of admission formalities.
Documents Required for HPCET 2017 Application Process for International students
For Foreign Passport Holder (FPH), candidates have to submit following documents with the HPCET 2017 application form:
- Class 10thMarks sheet/Transcript
- Proof of age
- Marks sheet/Transcript of 12th class/Pre-University
- Marks sheet/Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (in case of admission to P.G. course)
- Copy of valid Passport &Visa
NRI Applicants have to produce following documents with the duly filled application form.
- Marks sheet of class X
- Age Proof
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Marks sheet of Bachelor’s degree (in case of admission to P.G. course)
- Copy of the passport of parent ‘s working abroad
- Translated & attested copy of work permit/license of work of parents
- Translated & attested copy of residence of parents
- Letter from the employer of the parent
- Affidavit on Rs. 10 stamp paper from the parent for their financial support
- NRI Status Certificate issued by the Indian Embassy in the respective country
- In case candidate have an intervening period/gap then he has to produce a certificate/affidavit issued by a class- I gazette officer/Notary Public shall be required for the entire intervening period/gap showing candidate’s preoccupation after leaving the Institution last attended.
HPCET 2017 Admit Card
The HPCET 2017 Admit card is available for all the candidates who have completed the HPCET 2017 Application Process before the deadline. The HPCET 2017 Admit card can be downloaded online mode. They follow these simple steps to download the HPCET 2017 hall Ticket:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the Admit Card link.
- Enter the required details- Name of the Candidate, DOB, Form No. and programme.
- Upon submitting, the candidates can access the HPCET 2017 Admit card and print it out.