HPCET 2017: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
HPCET 2017- Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HIMTU) conducts HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test). It is a state level engineering entrance test, scheduled on May 13 – 14, 2017. HPCET is conducted in offline mode. The exam is held for admission to UG and PG courses in HIMTU.
Candidates can complete their HPTU application form by April 29, 2017. Candidate must check whether they fulfill the HPCET Eligibility before applying for the exam. Selection of candidates for admission to UG engineering programmes will be purely based on their merit/ranking in JEE Main 2017 and HPCET 2017.
HPCET 2017 Exam Dates
HPCET Application Process has begun from March 02, 2017. Online registration can be done till April 29, 2017. The exam is scheduled on May 13 – 14, 2017. The other important dates for the HPCET 2017 are as follows:
|Commencement of Application Process||March 02, 2017|
|Last day to fill the application form||April 29, 2017|
|Date of Examination (B.Tech Direct Entry)||May 13, 2017 (10 A.M. to 1 P.M.)|
|Date of Examination (M.Tech)||May 14, 2017 (1 P.M. to 4 P.M.)|
|Declaration of Results for B.Tech (Direct Entry)||May 29, 2017|
|Declaration of Results for M.Tech||May 29, 2017|
HPCET 2017 Eligibility
HIMTU has laid down its own HPCET Eligibility Criteria. Candidate must check ascertain that they fulfill eligibility required for HPCET. Given below is the eligibility criteria for B.Tech and M.Tech programme are given below:
B.Tech HPCET 2017
Candidates must have cleared class 12th examination with a minimum of 45% marks. They have to clear the exam with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects. The optional subject, in this case, can be Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject. Reserved category candidates have 5% relaxation in percentage.
M.Tech HPCET 2017
Candidate must have cleared Bachelor’s of Technology from a recognized board or University. The minimum required percentage is 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category candidates.
Read More HPCET Eligibility
HPCET 2017 Reservation
The candidates of the state will be allocated seats under reservation. The students outside the state of HP will be treated as General category students. The HPCET 2017 reservation is for the following categories:
- OBC (Other Backward Classes)
- SC (Schedule cast)
- ST (Schedule Tribe)
The conversion of seats will take place in case seats remain vacant. The vacant seats will be open for general category candidates.
Vertical Reservation criteria: Please check the table for vertical HPCET 2017 reservation:
|General category (Gen)||55%|
|Schedule cast (SC)||22%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||18%|
Horizontal reservation will be practised in each of the main reserved categories given above. Please check below the details of HPCET 2017 horizontal reservation:
|Defence/Ward of Ex-servicemen||15%|
HPCET 2017 Application Form
Candidate has to complete the HPCET 2017 registration process before working with the online application form. The HPCET 2017 registration process requires the candidate to fill the details as asked on the registration page.
Please check below the steps for the HPCET application process:
Step 1 Registration:
- Complete theHPCET Application Form. The candidate must provide the name, address, phone number, email id and other details.
- Once the registration is done the unique application number, username and password will be generated. It is also mailed to the candidate.
Step 2 Filling up of the Application Form:
- The candidate must fill the application form with the obtained user name and password. The application number is also asked.
- The candidate after login must provide the details as asked in the form. The detail includes detail of the marks, parent’s name, schooling information, etc.
Step 3 Uploading of documents:
- Once the details are submitted as asked the candidate can go to step 3 which is uploading the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
Step 4 Payment of Application Fee
- After the upload is done successfully as per the guidelines the candidate has to submit the HPCET 2017 application form fee. There are two ways to do it. Mode one is offline using e-challan of PNB bank and mode two is online using a payment gateway.
- The fee once paid the form is generated for the last view before final submission.
Step 5 Submission of Application Form
- Check the information in the form displayed. If all the information is correct, click on “Submit” button and take a printout of the HPCET 2017 application form.
- Take a printout of the application form and send it to the university office.
HPCET Engineering 2017 Application Process for NRI/Foreign candidates
The candidates of foreign origin have a different application process. The candidate needs to submit an application in writing and it must reach the head office before July 8, 2017.
The candidates do not have to appear for HPCET 2017 engineering entrance test. The candidates of foreign origin just need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria. The candidate’s application will be accepted only if the candidate has cleared the HPCET eligibility criteria. The candidate must send all the documents as asked in the HPCET 2017-18 brochures.
HPCET 2017 Admit Card
HPCET 2017 Admit Card is important for the candidate to appear in the HPCET 2017 engineering entrance exam. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website after the HPCET 2017 application form is filled by all the candidates. The details on the HPCET 2017 admit card is as follows:
- Application number
- Signature of the candidate
- Roll number
- Exam date
- HPCET 2017 test center
- Reporting time for the exam center
The candidate must carry the photo id proof and its photocopy along with the admit card to HPCET 2017 exam center.
Steps to download the HPCET 2017 Admit Card is given below
- Login to the official website
- Click on the button that says “Admit card”
- Provide the application number, date of birth and password on the page as asked
- The HPCET 2017 admit card will come up on the screen
- Check if it is yours and click on the download button
- Take a print out of the HPCET 2017 admit card and keep it safe for future use
HPCET 2017 Exam Centers
Candidates must choose the HPCET 2017 test centers carefully. The test center once allocated cannot be changed. Please check below the list of centers:
|HPCET 2017Test Center||Code|
HPCET 2017 Exam Pattern
HPCET 2017 engineering exam for M.Tech candidates involves 3 sections. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. The total marks are 200. The details of sections are given as follows:
- Part A: Aptitude section
- Part B: Subject related section
- Part C: Mathematics section
The candidates appearing for B.Tech HPCET 2017 entrance test will contain questions from the class 11th and 12th syllabus. The exam has 3 sections. The questions will come from Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. The total duration of exam is 3 hours and total marks are 300.
A candidate will be rewarded 2 marks for every correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
HPCET 2017 Results
The HPCET 2017 Result will be declared on May 29, 2017. The result of HPCET 2017 will be declared on the university website. The steps to check HPCET 2017 engineering result are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link “HPCET Result”.
- Enter your login credentials – username/ roll number and password.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Check and save your result.
HPCET 2017 Counselling Process
Once the result is declared the candidate will have to come for counselling as per the schedule defined. The candidate must appear in person for counselling as per the schedule defined.
Schedule for Round 2 counselling (on the basis of HPCET 2017) is given below:
|All Reserved Categories excluding OBC||July 22, 2017|
|OBC||July 23, 2017|
|General Category||July 24, 2017|
|Last date for reporting to the concerned Institute||July 26, 2017|
|Declaration of vacant seats by the respective Colleges||July 27, 2017|
Counselling Schedule on the basis of 10+2 Marks (if seats remain vacant) is given below:
|All Reservation Categories excluding OBC||May 28, 2017|
|OBC||May 29, 2017|
|General Category||May 30, 2017|
Counselling Schedule for Admission to B.TECH (Lateral Entry Scheme) is given below:
|All Reserved Categories||July 25, 2017|
|General Category||July 25, 2017|
Counselling Schedule for Admission to M.TECH Program is given below in the table:
|Exam Details||Category Details||Dates|
|GATE 2017||Reserved and General Category||July 18, 2017|
|HPCET 2017||All Reserved Categories||July 22, 2017|
|HPCET 2017||General Category||July 23, 2017|
Some important points to remember at the time of HPCET 2017 counselling process are given below:
The candidate on the day of counselling has to report at the counselling center near to his/her location.
- The candidate has to bring the documents as asked on the day of counselling.
- The candidate has to fill the course of his/her choice on the day counselling. Once the options have been locked they cannot be changed.
- The candidate will be given a seat in the institute of his/her choice as per the choices filled.
- The candidate has to report to the institute with the printout of the counselling form if he/she wishes to join the college.
- The candidate can leave a college if he/she is not willing to join it. In such case, the new seat will be given in the second round of counselling.
- The seats will be given first to the candidates of reserved category and then to the other candidates. The female candidates have some rebate on the fees. This can be cleared with the college authorities.
- Any number of rounds of counselling can be conducted on or before July 30, 2017. Once the counselling is over the vacant seats can be filled by management quota.
- All the reserved category seats remaining vacant after the third round of counselling be converted to non- reserved seats. The seats will then be filled through the general counselling.