GPAT 2017 Application Form
The 2017 session of GPAT has commenced from October 10, 2016. The last date of completely filling the GPAT 2017 Application Form is December 25, 2016.
The Application process will be conducted in online mode and candidates are advised to check the official website regularly. GPAT 2017 Application Fees is INR 1400/- for General category candidates and INR 700/- for reserved category candidates.
GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is a national level, online entrance examination. It is conducted by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) every year for admissions into the post-graduate pharmacy courses in various institutes.
GPAT Exam Dates for 2017
The Application Process of GPAT will start from October 10, 2016. GPAT 2017 will be conducted in online mode i.e., Computer Based Test. Given below is the tentative schedule for GPAT 2017:
|Availability of GPAT Application Form||October 10, 2016|
|Closing Date for GPAT Application Form||December 25, 2016|
|GPAT Admit Card Download||January13, 2017 onwards(Tentative)|
|GPAT Exam||January 28 -29, 2017|
|GPAT Result 2017 Declaration||February 5, 2017(tentative)|
Before applying for the examination, it is necessary for a candidate to check whether he is eligible for the exam or not. In case a candidate fails to satisfy the GPAT 2017 Eligibility his/her application is liable to be rejected.
Hence, students are advised to ensure that they fully satisfy all the specified factors mentioned in the GPAT 2017 Eligibility before filling the GPAT application form.
- Candidates should possess a valid Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) from a recognized university to be able to appear for GPAT 2017.
- In case, a candidate is appearing in the final year examination of under graduate Pharmacy course, he/she need not worry as the candidate appearing for their qualifying exam are allowed to appear for GPAT 2017.
- However, those candidates who are currently promoted in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of bachelor’s degree of pharmacy are not eligible to apply for GPAT 2017.
Read More:GPAT Eligibility
GPAT 2017 Application Fees
The GPAT 2017 application fee and the different modes of Payment are indicated below in the table. All the charges must be given in Indian rupees. Application fee is non-refundable.
|CANDIDATE CATEGORY||PAYMENT MODE||APPLICATION FEE *|
|SC/ ST and PwD Candidates||Online Net Banking||700|
|Female Candidates||Online Net Banking||700|
|All Other Candidates ||Online Net Banking||1400|
|* Bank charges will be applicable as per the norms.|
How to Apply for GPAT 2017?
The GPAT 2017 Application Process is fairly simple and easy to carry out. The candidate should check out comprehensive information regarding the step by step process for the same in this section.
Before proceeding to fill the GPAT Application Form, there are few documents and details that a candidate requires to complete the process. Given below is the list of prerequisites for filling the Application Form of GPAT 2017 -
- A Computer with good Internet connectivity
- Qualification details of the candidate
- Scanned photo of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- A Valid e-mail ID that will be active for at least the coming 6 months
- A Valid mobile number
- A valid Credit or Debit Card if the candidate wishes to pay the fee online
- A Printer connected to the system to print 3 copies of the bank challan, in case the candidate wishes to pay offline
After the candidate has ensured that all the pre-requisites for GPAT 2017 application form are available, he/she can start with the application process. There are 3 broad steps of the application form for GPAT 2017 –
- Visit the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- If the candidate is a new user he/she has to click on “New registration”, otherwise on “Existing user”.
- Upon clicking on “New Registration”, the user will be directed to this page where he/she has to go through the pre-requisites before starting to fill GPAT the application form. At the end, he/she has to check the following box and click on the Submit Button.
- Personal Details: Fill the following personal details.
- Next the candidate has to enter the email details and password recovery option.
- The next step is to select the test center. The candidate will have the provision of choosing 3 test cities according to preference. The candidate will be allotted his/her first preference except under unavoidable circumstances.
- Upon clicking on the submit button, he/she will be redirected to the following page. The candidate has to note the password down.
Step 2: Payment Process
- The next step is to complete the payment for which the candidate has two options-either pay online using credit card, debit card, net banking or they can pay via challan by printing it out
- If the candidate chooses online option, he/she will be directed to this page:
- The user has to select the pay online button, after which he /she will be directed to this page. The candidate has to fill the required details and complete the payment.
- Once the user has made the payment through the online process, the candidate will receive a confirmation mail or SMS regarding the receipt of payment.
- If the candidate has chosen the option of offline mode then the following page will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidate can make the offline payment process by depositing cash at any of the designated SBI bank branches through challan. A challan will be generated on the screen for this mode of payment. For which the candidate must take out 3 print copies. After filling these copies, the candidate can deposit cash at the nearest SBI branch on the next working day.
- It must be noted that cash deposit will be accepted only after the next day of the Challan generation. It takes 24 hours to generate challan. After the offline payment has been done, an acknowledgment will be provided and the status of payment will be updated online within 48 hours.
- Once the candidate has completed the payment process, he can proceed with the rest of the registration procedure.
- After the candidate has completed the payment, the candidate should login into his account and fill the remaining part of the GPAT 2017 application form. Any correction that needs to be done should be completed at this stage after reviewing the application form.
- Once the candidate is sure that the form is correctly filled, the candidate should click on the submit button. A message will appear on the screen intimating the candidate that the GPAT 2017 application form has been successfully submitted.
Step 3: Fill the Remaining form and Verify
- The remaining part of the form can be filled after the candidate has made the payment. The candidate is advised to fill in the details with utmost care and review all the fields before submitting it, using VIEW or MODIFY option.
- Once the details have been verified, the candidate will be required to click on “SUBMIT” button. A declaration will be presented that the candidate will have to accept and the system will ask for a re-confirmation. After this, the form will be submitted and no changes in the form will be allowed.
- A message will be displayed on the screen after finally submitting the form, saying “Thank you for successfully registering for the AICTE GPAT 2017 exam” Now the candidate can use the “PREVIEW” button to view the filled form. A printout can also be taken for future reference.
- The registration process is completed by now. The candidate is advised to frequently visit the official website for all the latest updates.
Photograph and Signature Specifications for GPAT 2017
- To upload Photograph- candidates should beready with the scanned copy of photograph before filling the application form. It must be noted that photograph should be of recent time and it must have clear pixels. The photograph should be taken with a white background. The specified dimensions of this photo is 40 x 160 units and the maximum size should not exceed 60KB.
- To upload Signature- The signature of the candidate must be properly scanned and must have been done on a white piece of paper. It should not be taken with the mobile phone. It should be clearly visible. The size of this signature file can be less than or equal to 30KB. The specified dimension is 60 x 90 units.
GPAT 2017 Admit Card
The GPAT Admit Card 2017 is available only via the online mode. The candidates need todownload their respective GPAT 2017 hall tickets from the official website. The GPAT 2017 admit cards will not be made available to the candidates through post.
Those candidates who provide their email ids at the time of filling the GPAT application form will receive the GPAT 2016 hall tickets on their email ids from the exam authority.
Steps To Download GPAT 2017 Admit Card
- Firstly, candidates have to visit the official website of GPAT
- After that, he has to login with the required credentials
- There would be a link of Admit Card. On clicking it, admit card will appear on the screen
- Finally, download and take its print out
Read More: GPAT Syllabus
GPAT 2017 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ques. Can I appear for GPAT for practice purpose, though I am aware that I am not eligible?
Ans. No. Only eligible candidates can appear for the test.
Ques. Is there any age restriction for appearing in GPAT 2017?
Ans. No, there is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT.
Ques. What is the fee for the GPAT 2017?
Ans. The fee for General / OBC candidates appearing for GPAT is Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable; whereas for Female /SC/ST/PWD category candidates fee is Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable.
Ques. Where do I pay my fees?
Ans. Candidates who all are appearing for test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking) or offline through SBI.
Ques. Can I use my coaching institute's or a friend's email address when registering for GPAT?
Ans. No, you need to have a valid and unique email address of your own which you will be using at least for the next 6-8 months.
Ques. Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash? Where do I pay my fees?
Ans. No. Fees cannot be paid through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque. It can only be paid through online or Cash at any of the SBI branches. For making cash payment, you need to generate Challan through the portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of challan generation to pay the fees in cash.
Ques. Can I choose any city as my GPAT 2017 test center?
Ans. Yes, you can select up to 3 cities in India giving an order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of the city will be given due consideration and weight. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
Ques. From where can I get the list of test cities?
Ans. A list of test cities is available on the GPAT 2017 exam centres
Ques. Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
Ans. No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
Ques. After submission of GPAT registration fee, can I cancel my application and apply for a refund of fee?
Ans. Under no circumstances, cancellation of application and refund of fee will be allowed.
Ques. If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
Ans. No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
Read More: GPAT Result