GPAT 2017 Result, Score Card and Counselling
GPAT 2017, Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test will take place on January 28 – 29, 2017. The GPAT 2017 Application Form was made available from October 10, 2016 on the official website of AICTE GPAT.
The candidates who have successfully filled the Application Form for GPAT 2017 can download the GPAT Admit Card from aicte-gpat.in. The GPAT Syllabus comprises of four subjects- Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy. It is important for the candidates to have detailed and extensive knowledge of the GPAT 2017 Exam pattern in order to excel in the examination.
The tentative date for declaration of GPAT Result is February 8, 2017. Once the results are declared the candidates have to individually apply to the participating institutes and attend the institute-wise GPAT Counselling.
|GPAT 2017 Exam Pattern||GPAT 2017 Syllabus||GPAT 2017 Preparation Tips||GPAT 2017 Exam Dates|
GPAT 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the important GPAT 2017 Exam dates of GPAT 2017. The schedule for GPAT 2017 Exam is mentioned below for the reference of all the candidates.
|Availability of GPAT Application Form||October 10, 2016|
|Closing Date for filling GPAT Application Form||December 25, 2016|
|GPAT Admit Card Download||January 16, 2017|
|GPAT Exam Date||January 28 -29, 2017|
|GPAT Result 2017 Declaration||February 5, 2017(tentative)|
GPAT 2017 Result
The candidates can check their GPAT Result on the official website of GPAT 2017. To participate in GPAT 2017 counselling, candidates must clear the minimum qualifying marks in GPAT 2017. The result is expected to be declared on February 5, 2017 tentatively. The candidates are advised to take a print out of their GPAT 2017 Score Card only after the declaration of GPAT results online.
Given below are the steps to check the GPAT Result:
- Go to the official website of GPAT AICTE after the declaration of GPAT Results.
- Click on the “view Score Card” link given on the right side of the screen
- Log in to your account by using the username and password
- Click on ‘sign in’ button
- Download the GPAT 2017 Score Card
- Take the print out of GPAT 2017 Score Card and keep it safe for further reference
Read the complete details of GPAT Result.
GPAT 2017 Cut off
GPAT Cut off is the minimum required marks which a candidate has to secure to be able to qualify theGPAT 2017 Exam.
Various institutes’ admission authorities recommend the GPAT scores and ranking for the seat allotment process in AICTE approved programs. The following table is the category wise .
|Category||Minimum cut off scores|
Check the details of the previous years’ GPAT Cutoff.
GPAT 2017 Counselling
GPAT 2017 Counselling will commence tentatively in the 2nd week of May 2017. Candidates who have successfully cleared the GPAT Exam will be called for the counselling procedure. During the GPAT 2017 Counselling, a candidate is supposed to carry a certain set of documents. In case the candidate fails to provide all the required documents, he may be asked to quit the GPAT 2017 Counselling session and can lose his seat. The allotment of seats are done solely on the basis of GPAT 2017 merit list and marks obtained in the GPAT 2017 examination. Read the complete details of GPAT Counselling.
GPAT 2017 Participating Colleges
Below is a list of top most participating colleges accepting GPAT Score.
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Department of Pharmaceutics, IIT BHU, Varanasi.
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
Check the complete list of GPAT Score accepting 250 colleges in India: GPAT 2017 Participating Colleges
GPAT 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download their GPAT 2017 Admit Card tentatively from aicte-gpat.in. The GPAT Admit Cards will not be sent by post to the applicants. The admit card is available online on the official website of GPAT 2017. Also, candidates will receive their admit cards on the email IDs which is mentioned at the time of GPAT 2017 Registration. Given below is the summarized process for downloading the AICTE GPAT Admit Card-
- Visit the official website of GPAT 2017
- Log in with the credentials that were created during the GPAT 2017 registration
- Click on “download admit card”
- After downloading the admit card, take its print out
- Affix the latest passport size of photograph (same as used in GPAT 2017application form)and keep it safely for the exam day and other future use.
Read the complete details of AICTE GPAT Admit Card.
GPAT 2017 Exam Centers
The list of GPAT 2017 Exam Centers has been released by AICTE. GPAT Exam will be conducted at 58 cities. While filling the GPAT Application Form, candidates should check the list of examination centers and apply for the nearest available test center. Candidates have to select 3 exam centers in order of their preference while filling the GPAT Application Form. To know the complete list of GPAT Exam centers click here.
GPAT 2017 Syllabus
The GPAT Syllabus is divided into four sections: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy. The candidates have to go through the detailed GPAT syllabus before starting his/her preparations. The questions in the GPAT Exam is covered from the above mentioned sections. However there are certain Pharmacy management questions and Pharmacy related general knowledge questions asked in the GPAT 2016 Question paper.
Download the complete and detailed official GPAT Syllabus.
GPAT 2017 Exam Pattern
GPAT Exam Pattern includes 125 questions that is to be completed within a duration of 3 hours. It is a computer based examination only. Some of the important highlights of GPAT 2017 exam pattern are as follows-
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Total duration of the exam||3 hours|
|Total number of questions GPAT 2017||125 questions|
|Total marks GPAT 2017||500 marks|
|Marks per question GPAT 2017||4 marks|
|Negative marks deduction||1 mark|
Check the paper analysis of 2016 GPAT Question Paper.
GPAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for GPAT Exam are required to fill the eligibility criteria notified by AICTE for appearing in GPAT 2017. In case, candidates fail to clear the GPAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria, they will be debarred from participating in any further processes of GPAT 2017.
Some of the important GPAT 2017 eligibility criteria are indicated below:
- Candidates’ should have a valid Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) from a recognized university for appearing in GPAT 2017.
- In case, a candidate is appearing for the final year examination under graduate Pharmacy Course, he/she is eligible to appear for GPAT 2017.
- However, candidates who are currently studying in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of bachelor’s degree of pharmacy cannot appear for GPAT 2017.
NOTE: The reservation of seats for different categories will be as per the norms of different institutes. There is no reservation criteria for appearing in GPAT 2017.
Read the complete GPAT Eligibility Criteria.
GPAT 2017 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the stipulated application fee for GPAT 2017 while filling the GPAT Application Form. The fee for GPAT 2017 Registration process is discussed below. The Application Fee for GPAT 2017 can be remitted through both online and offline mode. In online mode, candidates can submit the fee through online payment gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking). For offline payment, candidates can submit the fee in cash at designated branches of State Bank of India (SBI).
|CANDIDATE CATEGORY||PAYMENT MODE||* APPLICATION FEE|
|SC/ ST and PwD Candidates||Online Net Banking||700|
|Female Candidates||Online Net Banking||700|
|All Other Candidates||Online Net Banking||1400|
|* Bank charges will be applicable as per the norms.|
Know the complete process of GPAT Fee Payment.
GPAT 2017 Application Form
The process of filling the GPAT Application Form can be completed in online mode only. The candidates have to visit the official site of AICTE GPAT to fill the GPAT Application Form. The Application form is available from October 10, 2016. The last date of completing the GPAT 2017 Application Process is December 15, 2016.
GPAT 2017 Application Processinvolves the 3 steps primarily – Registration, Payment Process and Filling up Online Form & Verification.
Step 1: Registration- The candidates have to get themselves registered on the official website of GPAT AICTE. They have to fill certain personal details, including their Email ID along with their test center preferences. Once registered, the candidates will receive their individual passwords displayed on the screen. The candidate should note the password down as the same will be required to re-login during the next part of the application process.
Step 2: Payment- As already mentioned above, the candidates have the provision of paying the application fee in both online and offline mode. For offline mode, they have to print out the computer generated challan. While online payment can be made via any of the following modes-Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking.
Step 3: Filling up Online Form & Verification- The last step is to fill the rest of the GPAT Application Form and complete the verification process.
Candidates are advised to go through the detailed and step wise process for filling the GPAT Application Form.
Pre-requisites for filling the GPAT Application Form
The candidates must keep certain documents ready before applying for GPAT 2017. The list of all such documents is listed below.
- A Computer with good Internet connectivity
- Qualification details of the candidate
- Scanned photo of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- A Valid e-mail ID that will be active for at least the coming 6 months
- A Valid mobile number
- A valid Credit or Debit Card if the candidate wishes to pay the fee online
- A Printer connected to the system to print 3 copies of the bank challan, in case the candidate wishes to pay offline
NOTE: There are certain specifications for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Photograph should be a scanned copy of recent colored passport sized photograph, preferably with a white background. The size of the photograph should not exceed 60KB and dimensions should be 40*160 units.
- Signature should be done on a white piece of paper and must be clearly visible. Signature file should be less than or equal to 30KB. Specified dimension 60*90 units.