GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is conducted by GMAC every year globally for admission to various Business Schools around the world. GMAT Exam is considered as one of the most acceptable and genuine platforms for selecting students for the MBA Programs. GMAT evaluates the four basic skills-Verbal ability, integrated Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude and analytical writing-which are a part and parcel of the day to day life of Business School students. Clearing GMAT Exam opens up candidates door to apply for more than 5400 programs offered by different Universities all over the world.
|GMAT Exam Dates||GMAT Registration||GMAT Pattern||GMAT Syllabus||GMAT Preparation||GMAT Score|
GMAT is a computer based adaptive test. The term adaptive test implies the system will adapt itself while giving the next questions according to the difficulty level of the questions previously attempted by the test taker. GMAT Score and percentile ranking is calculated for all the four sections of the GMAT Pattern. The Score is released approximately after three weeks of test. The GMAT Score can be broadly analyzed and interpreted according to the official assessment criteria. The candidates who have appeared in the exam can gain a detailed idea of his/her score and his/her caliber amongst all other participants. The GMAT Score for each section is evaluated according to a fixed scale devised by the conducting body
The GMAT Score is calculated to analyse following four skills in test takers – Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Analytical writing which are an important part of the day to day life of a Business school or an MBA Program student.Apart from educational role, GMAT Score is also used in Job recruitment and employment. Many recruiting companies accept GMAT scores apart from work experience in various countries all over the world. It is accepted in almost 1500 Universities/Institutes in UK, US, Australia, Germany, Canada, Malaysia etc. The average score accepted by the universities in abroad varies, But the top universities accepts 710 and average universities accepts 600.
GMAT Exam Dates
GMAT exam registration is available throughout the whole year. Candidates can apply for GMAT at any time of the year as per their convenience. The GMAT score Report valid for five years. GMAT provides candidates flexibility in context with the examination date, examination centre and the timings of the test as the candidate can choose his own dates and timings.However the candidates is allowed to take GMAT Exam only 5 times a year.
The only thing candidate has to take care of while choosing GMAT test date is that it must be in accordance with the application dates for MBA programmes in various colleges. Previously, candidates could take the GMAT test only once a month. But GMAC (graduate management admission council ) has reduced this time period to 16 days now.
It is completely on the candidate on when to register. But GMAT is an ongoing basis. So registering too late for any day may result in filling up of the spots. Hence candidates may not get their desired date and time. So candidate must register for it anywhere between six months and 24 hours.
How to Choose GMAT Exam Date
- Go to official website. Click on Find Test Location option
- First the candidates have to chose the country they want to appear from.
- Next step is to choose the test center and the availablle Test Dates. A calendar will appear on the screen showing the available dates corresponding to that center.
Read More About GMAT Exam Dates
There are certain eligibility criteria for applying to GMAT Exam. The candidate must satisfy certain age limit criteria and there are different norms and regulations regarding the number of attempts which are stated below:
- Age Limit:The candidates applying for the GMAT Exam must be 18 years old.
- In case, Candidate’s age vary between 13-17 years then he/she will have to provide a written proof of the guardian’s consent in taking the GMAT Test.
- Number of Attempts : Candidates can appear for GMAT Exam only 5 times in a year.
- Retaking Criteria for GMAT Exam: Candidates have to wait for minimum 16 days before taking the test again.
- Candidates have to wait at least five years to take the GMAT Exam again if the previously obtained GMAT score is a perfect score of 800.
The candidates aspiring to take the GMAT Test can undergo the GMAT Registration process at any time of the year. However, the provision of taking the test will depend on the availability of the GMAT Exam Dates and Centers. Hence it is advisable to the candidates that they devise a proper timeline prior to registering for the examination. The GMAT Registration process is accessible in both online and offline modes.
In order to register for the GMAT Exam, the first step is to create an account with GMAC in the official website of GMAT. Once the account is created the candidates can opt for any of the below mentioned GMAT Registration Processes. The same modes are available for rescheduling or cancelling the GMAT Test.
- Online in the official website of GMAT: It is the most easiest and convenient way to schedule your GMAT Exam. The candidate can directly go to the official website of GMAT and get themselves registered.
- Through Phone: This can be done by calling the GMAT Customer Service in your region. In this case, the candidate might be charged an additional fee of US$10.
- hrough Postal Mail: If the candidate pays via cheque or money order, this is the only option to register and schedule the GMAT Exam.
Scheduling GMAT Exam
- Go to the official website of GMAT.
- Click on ‘Register’ option mentioned in the drop down menu under ‘The GMAT Exam’.
- Click on ‘Schedule a GMAT Exam’
- Enter your Registration details and Create GMAT User Account
- Create GMAT Profile. Provide personal details and academic qualification
- Next step is choosing “test date and test location”.
- Last step is fee Payment. Candidates need to pay Rs 16771.68 (US $ 250).
Note that candidates availing Phone facility for registration can communicate to the following address as per their region
Telephone (toll-free): +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628), 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT Telephone: +1 (952) 681-3680, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT Fax: +1 (952) 681-3681
|Asia Pacific Region|
Telephone: +852 3077 4926, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. AEST In India: +91 120-439-7830, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time Fax: 6038319 1092
|China Region||Telephone: 86-10-8234-5675, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. China Standard Time Fax: 86-10-61957800|
Telephone: +44 (0) 161 855 7219, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. GMT Fax: +44 (0) 161 855 7301
There are various fee payment modes for the GMAT Exam. A candidate can pay through both online and offline mode.
Online Payement mode includes:
- Credit Cards And Debit Cards
- Visa Card
- American Express
Note that few Indian Banks’ Debit card if the bank doesn’t participate in verified by Visa or Master Card Secure code i.e. it will require the customer to enter a pin number.
If the credit card or debit card is not accepted, the registration will automatically be cancelled and the candidate has to schedule for another appointment with a valid mode of payment.
Offline GMAT Fee payment modes:
- Cashier’s cheque
- Money Orders
- Personal cheque
- The above mentioned payment modes must be payable to Pearson VUE-GMAT in US dollars.
- It should be drawn on a US bank.
- The payment must include the full amount including all the applicable taxes.
- The current date must be listed.
- It must have the appropriate signature, the bank name and its address preprinted on the front of the cheque.
- It must be received at least 10 days before the date of the examination.
- In case the cheque is returned due to insufficient funds in the account then Pearson VUE might incur a service fee from the account electronically. In such a situation the appointment will be terminated and the candidate has to proceed for another scheduling of the GMAT Exam.
Candidates can also avail the following options by paying the requisite fee as mentioned in the table below :-
|GMAT Exam||US$250 (Rs 16771.25)|
|Rescheduling the Exam||US$50 (Rs 3354.25)|
|Additional Score Report||US$28 (Rs 1878.38)each|
Rescheduling and Retaking GMAT
GMAC provides the candidates with the option of cancelling the GMAT Exam. For this candidate has to visit the official website and click on cancel the GMAT exam. A partical fee will also be refunded to the candidates.
Canceling GMAT Exam
GMAC provides a provision a cancelling you GMAT Exam test schedule. If candidates do so by a given deadline, partial fee will be given of US$80 . For cancelling your test follow the following steps :-
- Click on official website
- Click on cancel your GMAT exam
Rescheduling GMAT Exam
Candidates can also reschedule the GMAT exam . For this , candidates have to pay rescheduling fee as follows:-
- If you chose date more than 7 calendar dates of the previously scheduled test date then they have to par US$50(). For every rescheduling you have to pay this amount
- If you chose date within 7 calendar days then candidates have to pay US$ 250/-
For rescheduling the GMAT exam
Candidates can also reschedule their exam in case
- Go to official website
- Click on Reschedule Your GMAT Exam.
- Enter Login Id and Password. In case you are a new users then click on create an account. Enter the details – Name, Last Name, Email Id and Password and click on create button
There are 5 sections in GMAT namely Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal Section. From Analytical Writing Assessment section there will be only 1 question and test takers will have 30 minutes to solve it.This section is designed to judge test takers ability to analyze and predict reasons behind a given argument. In Integrated Reasoning 12 questions will be asked and 30 minutes will be given to solve it. From Quantitative section 37 questions will be asked and 75 minutes will be given to solve this section. The Mathematics comprises of question till class 12th standard .Last section is of verbal consisting of 41 questions to be attempted in 75 minutes. The most important topics from this section is Sentence Correction.
|Test Section||Number of Questions||Type of Questions||Allocated Time|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 topic||Analysis of Argument||30 minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning||12 questions||Multi Source Reasoning Graphics Interpretation Two part Analysis Table Analysis||30 minutes|
|Quantitative||37 questions||Data Sufficiency Problem Solving||75 minutes|
|Verbal||41 questions||Reading Comprehension Critical Reasoning Sentence Correction||75 minutes|
|Total Time||3 hours 30 minutes|
Craking GMAT is not cake walk, One needs to follow a solid test plan to crack along with good preparation materials. Before starting to proceed for GMAT Preparation, one must gather all the necessary resources and the available GMAT Books and materials. Mentioned below are some recommended books and preparation material for GMAT:
- GMATPrep® Software: This is a free software for the candidates who have registered with the official website of GMAT. This tool will work as an experiential tool for the test takers of GMAT as it uses the same technology as to the official exam and provides the users with scores. The various features of GMAT Prep software are:
- Ninety free questions – 30 Quantitative, 45 Verbal, and 15 Integrated Reasoning – with answers and explanations
- Tools to create your own practice question set
- Two full-length practice tests with answers (note that detailed explanations of answers are not included)
- GMAT® Total, Verbal, Quantitative, and Integrated Reasoning scores
- A comprehensive math review
- A step-by-step guide to preparing for the GMAT exam
- Ability to extend the GMATPrep® software by purchasing additional questions or exams
GMATPrep is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows Vista® with SP2; Windows 7® with SP1; Windows 8.1®; Windows 10®
- Mac: OS X v10.9; OS X v10.10; OS X v10.11
- GMAT Prep Timeline: It offers a step-by-step guidance to your personal study plan and includes various links to tips, products, and advice for improving your weak areas and enhancing your strengths.
- New! Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool: This is a tool for the candidates to develop their Integrated Reasoning skills. It features a set of 48 questions and solutions that will be of tremendous help in developing the IR skills.
- The Premium Study Collection- This is an official collection of study materials that provides more than 2000 questions from previous GMAT Exams presented in multiple formats. It gives 6 essential study products for cracking the GMAT Exam.
- GMAT Focus® Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool: It acts as a replica of the original GMAT exam. It features 12 Data Sufficiency and 12 Problem Solving questions for each exam taken. It also provides your strengths and weaknesses and acts as a tool to improve your mathematical skills required to crack the GMAT.
- GMAT Write®: This tool provides the users with GMAT writing prompts. It aids the candidates to learn the process of critical thinking and analyzing an argument. This is an essential skill for a business career and hence should be mastered by the candidates for the exam as well as for a successful career.
- The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2017: This tool helps the users to improve their verbal skills required for the GMAT exam. It provides a set of additional 300 questions from the verbal ability section.
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2017: This is a tool for preparing and honing the Quantitative skills of the candidates providing 300 questions and their solutions.
- The Basic GMAT® Study Collection: It is another preparation resource available at the official store of GMAT providing 1500 GMAT questions and answers. It includes all the following study materials:
- The Official Guide for GMAT® Review, 2017
- The Official Guide for GMAT® Quantitative Review, 2017
- The Official Guide for GMAT® Verbal Review, 2017.
Each candidate who has appeared in GMAT Exam is assessed according to a scale devised by the conducting body. The total GMAT Score ranges from 200-800 and on an average estimate two-thirds of the GMAT Test takers obtain score 400 to 600.
The GMAT Score scale for each section is detailed below:
- Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA, 0-6)
- Integrated Reasoning (IR, 1-8)
- Quantitative (0-60)
- Verbal (0-60)
Availability of GMAT Score
The GMAT Score is made available to the test takers and his/her preferred Score recipients (Schools and Institutes) three weeks after the test. An unofficial GMAT Score report can be obtained just after the test is taken. But this report will not contain the AWA Score and is not acceptable by the schools and organizations. The unofficial report will include your Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, and the Total GMAT scores. This score report can be used to determine:
- If you are eligible enough for the schools of your choice.
- Whether you want to re-attempt the test.
How to access GMAT Score?
GMAT Score is accessible in the official website of GMAT. Once it is made available, it can be accessed at any time of the year. The candidates will be sent an email in their registered Email ID which will include a unique link. This Email will be received within 20 days of taking the test. They have to use the unique link in order to view their official sample GMAT Score report. The Email will also include instructions on how to access the GMAT official Score Report.
Download Sample GMAT Score Report.
In circumstances when the candidate has no longer access to the email with the link. They can contact the GMAT Customer Service or the Pearson VUE by phone for assistance.
Validity of GMAT Score
The candidates can use their GMAT Score upto 5 years. The GMAT Score can be used for 3 purposes- To pursue MBA Programme, For getting job as Many recruitment companies uses GMAT Score for providing jobs.Note that if a candidate is not satisfy with his/her score , they can can retake GMAT Exam. However, A candidate can appear for GMAT for 5 times only in one year i.e. duration of 12 months.
GMAT Contact Details
Telephone lines are open Monday-Friday in each region, except on local national holidays. If you have questions about the GMAT® exam, please contact GMAT Customer Service in your region:
Please Note: Email services are offered Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT. Emails sent outside of these hours will receive a response the following business day. Telephone services are available Monday-Friday at the following numbers and times:
Email: GMATCandidateServicesAmericas@pearson.com Telephone (toll-free): +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Telephone: +1 (952) 681-3680, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT Fax: +1 (952) 681-3681
Email: GMATCandidateServicesAPAC@pearson.com Telephone: +852-3077-4926, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. AEST In India: +91 120-439-7830, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Indian Standard Time Fax: +91-120-4001660
Please Note: Email services are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. China Standard time. Response time for email sent outside of these times may be up to 48 hours. Telephone services are available Monday-Friday at the following numbers and times:
Email: email@example.com Phone: +86-10-82345675, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. China Standard Time Fax: +86-10-61957800
Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Region
Please Note: Email services are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT. Response time for email sent outside of these times may be up to three business days. Telephone services are available Monday-Friday at the following numbers and times:
Email: GMATCandidateServicesEMEA@pearson.com Telephone: +44 (0) 161 855 7219, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT Fax: +44 (0) 161 855 7301