GITAM University Entrance Exam, Exam Dates, Registration
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Registration has started, interested candidates can apply before the last date i.e. March 31, 2017. The exam is conducted for admission to Post graduate pharmacy courses (M.Pharmacy in various specializations). The candidates who have a degree in B.Pharm. are eligible to apply for GITAM GAT 2017. After, registering, the candidates can download GITAM GAT Admit Cards from the official website of GITAM University.
The results of the exam will be declared on May 5, 2017. GITAM GAT 2017 Exam pattern includes 100 questions from 4 different subjects related to Pharmacy. The exam is of 2 hours duration and the total marks are 300 marks (75 marks each section).
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Important Dates
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Application process (Gitam University Test) has begun. Important dates regarding GITAM GAT PGP 2017 are as mentioned below. These may prove to be helpful to the candidate willing to appear for GAT PGP 2017:
|Last date for receipt of filled in application||March 31, 2017|
|Booking the slot online||April 9, 2017- April 13, 2017|
|Downloading GITAM GAT PGP 2017 admit card||April 9, 2017 onwards|
|GITAM GAT PGP 2017 test online||April 16, 2017- April 30, 2017|
|Declaration of results||May 05, 2017|
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Eligibility
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 has certain eligibility requirements that a candidate has to meet in any case if he or she is willing to appear in the GITAM GAT PGP 2017
The detailed GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria are provided below:
- The candidate must have passed the UG pharmacy course of B. Pharma from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks or grade in B. Pharma.
- It may be noted that candidates who have qualified GPAT and can provide a valid score need not appear for GAT PGP 2017.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Application Process
Candidates willing to appear in GITAM GAT PGP 2017 must check whether they are eligible to apply for it or not. After meeting the eligibility requirements, candidate can apply for GAT PGP 2017.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 application can be filled by following of the two methods.
- Online: To apply online, candidate has to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Offline: To apply offline, candidates are required to get the application forms offline.
- Candidate can send a request on a plain paper with a DD of Rs 150/- in favor of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam along with your name and complete mailing address to the Director-Admissions till March 25, 2017.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form at any of the branches of
- Union Bank of India
- Karur Vaisya Bank
- Indian Bank
After getting the form offline, fill the form carefully with all the details. Send the filled in application form by post at the following address:
Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Visakhapatnam - 530 045
Andhra Pradesh, India
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Application Fee
The GITAM GAT PGP 2017 application fee is an amount of Rs. 1000. However, for female candidates, the application fee is Rs. 600 only. The candidates can make the fee payment either by debit / credit card or via a DD.
In case the candidate decides to make the fee payment offline, he or must have a Demand Draft drawn for Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 600 for females) in favor of GITAM UNIVERSITY. The DD must be payable at Visakhapatnam.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Slot Booking
The candidates will have the option to select the date and venue of their exam for GAT PGP 2017. In order to do this, the candidates will be required to make use of the Online Booking System. The steps to book the test slot is explained below:
- Visit the official website
- Enter your application number, gender and date of birth.
- Click on “Submit” button to log into the booking system.
- Select a test centre, test date and test slot according to your convenience.
- Confirm your selections.
It may be noted that slot booking for the exam is essential for issuing of GITAM GAT PGP 2017 admit card. Candidates are advised to book their slots in the specified time period. In case an applicant fails to book his slot within the stipulated time frame, venue and date for the test will be automatically assigned to him.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Admit Card
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Admit card will be released by the institute in online mode. After releasing the Admit Card, candidates will have enough time to download it before the commencement of the exam.
To download the GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Admit Card, candidate is required to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link regarding GITAM GAT PGP 2017 admit card or hall ticket.
- You will be redirected to a page where you have to fill the Application Number, Gender and Date of Birth details.
- GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Admit card will be displayed.
- Take two print outs of the GITAM GAT PGP 2017 admit card with clean and clear details displayed on it.
A candidate is required to carry the GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Admit Card along with them on the day of the exam. Candidate without the hall ticket will not be allowed to sit in the exam under any circumstances.
Also candidate is required to preserve the hall ticket throughout the whole process. Till the time counseling is done, hall ticket must be kept safe by the candidate.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Exam Centers
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 will be held at the given below venues at the scheduled date and time. Candidate can choose any of the three venues as its exam centers as per his order of reference. This choice is given to the candidate at the time of filling the application form.
There are a total of 44 exam centers for GAT PGP 2017. These exam centres are mentioned below:
|Bengluru (GITAM campus)||Hyderabad (Nagole)|
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Syllabus
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 question will have questions from four subjects only. The four subjects mentioned below contribute one fourth to the question paper.
- Mathematics: This subject covers approximately 20 topics under it. All the topics along with the sub topics covered under this subject are mentioned below:
- Sets, Relations And Functions
- Mathematical induction
- Mathematical reasoning
- Quadratic equations
- Theory of equations
- Binomial theorem
- Sequence and series
- Permutations and combinations
- Matrices and determinants
- Vector algebra
- 3-D geometry
- Properties of triangles
- Complex numbers
- Limits, Continuity And Differentiability
- Application of derivatives
- Indefinite integration
- Application of integrals
- Co ordinate geometry
- Straight lines
- Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola And Polar Co-Ordinates
- Differential Equations
- Probabilities, Random Variables & Distributions And Statistics
2. Chemistry: This subject covers approximately 15 topics under it. All the topics along with the sub topics covered under this subject are mentioned below:
- Atomic structure
- Nuclear chemistry
- Chemical bonding
- Classification of elements and periodicity of properties
- Hydrogen and its compounds
- Alkali and alkaline earth metals
- States of matter
- Ionic equilibrium and chemical equilibrium
- Solid state
- Surface chemistry
- Chemical kinetics:
- Group 13 elements, group 14 elements, group 18 elemets
- Group 15 elements, group 16 elements, group 17 elements
- Transition elements, lanthanides & coordination compounds
- Metallurgy & principles of qualitative analysis
- Organic chemistry
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes, haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Polymers & bio-molecules
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Environmental chemistry
3. Physics: This subject covers approximately 11 topics under it. All the topics along with the sub topics covered under this subject are mentioned below:
- Units and dimensions, elements of vectors
- Centre of mass, collisions
- Rotatory motion, gravitation
- Elasticity, Surface tension& Fluid Mechanics
- Thermal properties of matter, thermodynamics & kinetic theory of gases
- Simple harmonic motion, Wave Motion, Sound
- Ray optics and optical instruments, wave optics
- Electrostatics and capacitors, current electricity
- Electromagnetism, magnetism & electromagnetic induction and ac circuits
- Dual nature of matter and radiation, atoms and nuclei & semi-conductor devices and communication systems
4. Biology: This subject only contains the 2 parts: botany and zoology. Both the botany section and zoology section covers a total of 19 main topics under it. All the topics along with the sub topics covered under this subject are mentioned below:
- Diversity in living world
- External morphology
- Internal Morphology
- Cell Biology
- Plant Taxonomy
- Human welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant Physiology: Transport in plants, Mineral nutrition, Photosynthesis, Respiration, Plant growth and development
- Animal Classification
- Structural Organization in animals
- Human Physiology-Digestive and Respiratory systems
- Human Physiology: Circulatory and Excretory Systems
- Human Physiology–Locomotion & Movement and Neuro-endocrine System
- Human Physiology – Reproduction
- Human Health and Diseases
- Ecology and Environment
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Result
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 results will be declared on the May 16, 2017. The steps to check GITAM GAT PGP 2017 engineering result are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link “GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Results”.
- Enter your login credentials – Application Number, Gender and Date of Birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Check and save your result.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Merit List
Post the declaration of results, merit list is prepared keeping in mind the scores obtained by the candidates. The merit list helps in determining the admission of the candidates to the courses.
Some of the features about GITAM GAT PGP 2017 merit list are:
- The merit list is prepared on the basis marks obtained by the candidates in the GAT PGP 2017.
- 25% seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus, only if they also meet the merit scores.
- Candidates securing the first position in their central or state board examination in class 12 are eligible for getting direct admission to the courses of their choice. Board toppers are not required to appear for GITAM GAT PGP 2017 if they meet the eligibility criteria.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Counseling Process
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 counseling is done after the merit list is out. The candidates meeting the merit scores are to register themselves for the counseling online.
Candidates eligible for attending the counseling must go through the following of the counseling schedule:
|Counseling of rank holders in GAT UGTP 2017 and admissions to bachelor courses||May 26- May 29, 2017|
|Counseling of rank holders in GITAM GAT PGP 2017 and admissions to master degree programmes||June 2017|
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 counseling will be held at following of the centers:
- Vishakhapatnam campus of GITAM
- Hyderabad campus at GITAM
- Hyderabad city
- Banglore campus at GITAM
Note: Candidates with any physical anomalies are to attend the counseling at Vishakhapatna centre only.
GITAM GAT PGP 2017 Counseling Fee
All the candidates attending the counseling have to register themselves.
The fee for counseling is Rs1000/- to be paid at the reception counter of the counseling centre irrespective of their selection for admission.
Also candidates who will get the admission are required to apply the university fee also.
Documents required at the time of GITAM GAT PGP 2017
Candidates are required to bring the following of the documents along with them at time of the counseling:
- Counseling Call Letter of GAT PGP 2017
- Pass certificate of class 10
- Pass certificate and mark sheet of class 12
- All provisional certificates and marks statements of qualifying examination for admission to PGP programmes
- Certificates of transfer, study and community
- In case of SC/ST, Integrated Community Certificate
- In case of PH candidates, medical certificate
- Residence Certificate from competent authority
Some Important guidelines regarding GITAM GAT PGP 2017 counseling process are given below:
- Candidates who will be allotted seats in the university are required to pay the university fee in the form of challan at bank counter available or DD in favor of GITAM University, payable at Visakhapatnam.
- No extension will be granted to pay the university fee
- Candidates unable to pay the fee at the counseling counter will lose their seat.
- Seats will be allotted in order of the ranks obtained by the candidates.
- Candidates are required to present in person at the counseling.
- Candidates can come with their parent or guardian only.
- Candidates from other categories will be granted reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms applicable to the University.
- For admission into programs offered at Bengaluru Campus, meritorious students from Karnataka State will get 25% reservation in seats.