GCET 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
GCET 2017 will be conducted on May 9 and 10, 2017. The Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is a gateway to courses like B.E., B.Pharm, BHMS, BAMS, Allied Health Sciences, B.Sc. in Nursing and B.Arch. in the GCET Participating Institutes. Goa CET is organized to fill around 1,300 seats across the state of Goa.
The official dates to fill GCET 2017 Application Form are released by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa (DTE). The form can be filled between April 3 to April 8. An applicant must pay INR 1500 as application fee while registering for Goa CET 2017. After filling the form, it must be sent to the specified Application Reception Center.
According to GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria, a candidate must have passed Class XII with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects. Goa CET 2017 has four papers, each of two hours. The exam will be conducted in offline mode only.
GCET 2017 merit list will be prepared on the aggregate marks secured in Physics and Mathematics. GCET Results 2017 is expected to be out in the month of May. The counselling process of Goa CET 2017 will begin from June, going until July 2017.
GCET Important Dates 2017
GCET 2017 Application Form will be available from the last week of March 2017. Goa CET will be conducted on May 9, 2017 and May 10, 2017. The below table represents all important dates for GCET 2017. Please note that these are just the tentative dates. An official notification regarding GCET Exam Dates 2017 will be released by DTE soon.
|Events of Goa CET 2017||Important Dates (Tentative)|
GCET 2017 Application Form will be available from
April 3, 2017
Last date to submit GCET 2017 Application Form
April 8, 2017
Issuance of GCET Admit Card 2017
First week of April 2017
Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2017) will be held on
May 9 and May 10 2017
GCET Results 2017 will be announced on
Third week of May 2017
Filling-up of GCET 2017 Application Form for counselling begins from (Form B)
May 18, 2017
Last date of submitting Form B
May 26, 2017
Eligibility list will be published on
Second week of June 2017
Last date of holding queries regarding eligibility
Third week of June 2017
Provisional merit list
Third week of June 2017
GCET Counselling 2017 (Round 1) begins from
Third week of June 2017
GCET Counselling 2017 (Round 2) begins from
Fourth week of June 2017
GCET 2017 Subject-Wise Schedule
Presented below in the table is a schedule of CET Goa 2017 for B.Pharm, BHMS, BAMS, Allied Health Sciences, & B.Sc. in Nursing courses:
|SUBJECT||DAY AND DATE||TIME||DURATION|
|Physics||May 9, 2017||10.00-12.00||2 hours|
|Chemistry||May 9, 2017||14.00-16.00||2 hours|
|Mathematics||May 10, 2017||10.00-12.00||2 hours|
|Biology||May 10, 2017||14.00-16.00||2 hours|
GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is important to ensure that a candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria for GCET 2017 before applying. Those who do not meet the criteria may be disqualified from appearing in the exam. The detailed GCET 2017 eligibility criteria are discussed below.
Indian nationals are eligible to apply for GCET 2017. NRIs who hold Indian passport can also apply. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) will have to apply under the NRI category. Other foreign nationals will first have to apply to the Indian Government in order to apply to GCET 2017.
The minimum age limit for degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing is 17 years on or before December 31, 2017. No age limits are applicable for courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture.
Course-wise GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
MBBS, BDS, BHMS or AHS- A candidate must have secured a minimum aggregate mark of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. English must also be a subject in the qualifying exam. The minimum aggregate for SC, ST and OBC is 40% and for PH, it is 45%.
B.Sc in Nursing- A candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology as subjects. A 45% minimum aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is required for General candidates. SC, ST and OBC candidates need minimum 40% aggregate marks in the same subjects.
BE- A candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects. Either one of Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology or Computer Science should be one of the optional subjects. A minimum aggregate mark of 45% in Physics, Mathematics and the optional subject is required for General candidates and Kashmiri migrants. SC, ST and OBC candidates need minimum 40% aggregate marks in the same subjects.
B. Pharm- A candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects. Either one of Mathematics, Biology, Bio-Technology or Computer Science should be one of the optional subjects. A minimum aggregate mark of 45% in Physics, Chemistry and the optional subject is required for General candidates. SC, ST and OBC candidates need minimum 40% aggregate marks in the same subjects.
B. Arch- A candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects. A minimum of 50% in aggregate is required for General candidates. SC, ST and OBC candidates need minimum 40% aggregate marks in the same subjects. Alternatively, candidates with a 10+3 diploma in any stream with minimum 50% marks are also eligible. Those with International Baccalaureate Diploma with minimum 50% aggregate marks and Mathematics as compulsory subject are also eligible. Candidates with minimum score of 80 out of 200 in NATA are also eligible as long as the score is obtained before last date of application for GCET 2017.
Read about GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
GCET 2017 Reservation of Seats
A fixed number of seats are reserved for various categories in the Goa CET 2017. The reservation criteria for GCET 2017 is described below:
|Category||Percentage Seat Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3|
|Central Service Personnel||3|
|Non-Resident Indians||1 seat in each Technical/Engineering colleges|
|Kashmiri Migrants||1 seat in each Technical/Engineering colleges|
Scheduled Caste (SC)
2% of the total numbers of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Category (SC). There are five castes eligible under the SC category. They are Bhangui, Mahar, Mang, Mahyavanshi (Vankar) and Chambhar (Hadi).
Applicants claiming for seats reserved under the SC category are required to produce a valid Non Migrant Caste Certificate in the prescribed pro-forma.
Schedule Tribe (ST)
12% of the total numbers of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to this category. Applicants belonging to any of the following eight castes included in the list of Scheduled Tribes will be eligible for admission under this category. They include Dubla (Talavia), Naikda (Nayaka), Varli, Kunbi, Gawda, Dhodia (Halpati), Siddi and Velip.
Applicants claiming for seats reserved under the ST category are required to produce a valid Non Migrant Caste Certificate in the prescribed pro-forma.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-Creamy Layer)
27% of the total numbers of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to this category. Applicants belonging to any of these castes will be eligible for admission under this category. They include Bhandari Naik, Koli, Satarkar, Christian Barber, Kharvi (I/C Christian Kharvi), Shimpi, Christian Mahar, Kalaikar/Black Smith/Tin Smith, Thakar, Vishwakarma /Chari/ Mesta, Kumbhar (I/C Christian Kumbhar), Teli, Dhangar, Mahalo, Nabhik, Nai, Napit, Nhavi, Christian Renders, Dhobi, Rajak, Madval (I/C Christian Dhobi), Nathjogi, Komarpant, Gosavi and Pagui/Gabit.
Applicants claiming for seats reserved under the OBC category are required to produce a Caste certificate (non-creamy layer and non-migrant) in the prescribed pro-forma.
Physically Handicapped (PH)
3% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to this category. Any PH candidate suffering from not less than 40% disability will be eligible for admission under this category.
Candidates seeking admission under Physically Handicapped category are required to produce a certificate from the Medical Board of Goa Medical College regarding his/her disability and ability/ fitness to undergo all parts of syllabus for the applied course, such as theory, practical, workshop, etc.
GCET 2017 Application Form
The prospectus issued by DTE Goa consists of GCET 2017 Application Form A and B. Candidates must note that Form A is to apply for CET Goa 2017 while Form B is for GCET 2017 Counselling only. Candidates must keep Form B safe until the GCET results 2017 are announced and fill it later at the time of applying for the counselling procedure. The application form for Goa CET 2017 will be available from April 3 till April 8, 2017. It can be downloaded from the website but must be submitted to any of the Application Reception Center.
How to fill GCET 2017 Application form?
The steps involved in registering for GCET 2017 are as follows:
- Visit the official website of DTE, Goa
- Read information relating to GCET Eligibility Criteria and Application Form
- Fill all the necessary details as required in GCET 2017 Application Form
- Take a print out of the same and submit Form A at the notified Application Reception Center in person, along with the required application fees.
- At the Application Reception Center, along with the Form A and the application fees, candidates have to submit three identical photographs as specified and obtain their Photo Admit Cards from the Admission Committee on the same day.
- Late application forms will be accepted with a late fee of INR 1,000 until previously notified date. No late forms beyond this date will be accepted.
- Submit form at:
- Ravindra Bhavan, Margao(For South Goa District GCET Exam Centres, including Ponda)
- Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim (For North Goa District GCET Exam Centres)
Read more about GCET 2017 Application Form
Documents To Be Submitted With GCET 2017 Application Form
Given below is the list of documents to be attached with Form A of GCET 2017 application form:
- SSCE Passing certificate
- Class XII passing certificate
- HSSC Examination hall ticket
GCET 2017 Application Fee
Once candidates have filled up their GCET 2017 forms, they must pay the requisite application fee. This step is necessary to obtain the photo admit cards to sit for GCET 2017. The payment method for GCET is OFFLINE.
Once the application forms for GCET 2017 have been filled, candidates have to submit the same along with an application fee 1,500/- INR payable vide demand draft drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa, on any Scheduled Bank.
GCET 2017 forms that are late will be accepted with an additional late fee of 1000/- INR till the notified date post which no forms will be accepted.
GCET Admit Card 2017
The admit card for Goa CET can be obtained from the same location that the application form was submitted to. It must be kept in mind that the GCET 2017 Hall Ticket will not be sent to individual candidates by post. The admit card will not be made available online either.
In order to appear for Goa CET 2017, candidates must have their Photo Admit cards issued by the DTE, Goa. The Photo Admit Card for GCET 2017 can be collected by candidates from the specified centers on the day of their application form submission itself.
It must however be noted that the GCET 2017 Admit Card is issued to the candidates in person only. Candidates are advised to check all their particulars as mentioned on the admit cards to check for any error. In case of any error, candidates must contact the concerned authority at the earliest.
Read more about GCET Admit Card 2017
GCET 2017 Exam Centers
There are a total of 15 exam centres for conducting GCET 2017 exam all over Goa. A candidate must opt for any two exam centres in order of preference while filling the application form. The complete list of GCET 2017 exam centres is given below:
|10||Panaji-1||Don Bosco Higher Secondary School|
|11||Panaji-2||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|12||Verna||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|13||Navelim||Rosary College / Higher Secondary of Arts & Commerce|
|14||Vasco||Deep Vihar High School|
|15||Mapusa||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|16||Ponda-1||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|17||Ponda-2||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|18||Bicholim||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|19||Curchorem||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|20||Porvorim||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|21||Assagao||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
Instructions For The Day Of Examination
The instructions which all applicants are required to follow at the GCET 2017 Test Centre are given below:
- All applicants are required to carry their photo admit cards to their designated centers on the day of the GCET 2017 exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to take their test without his or her photo admit card.
- All candidates must be seated in the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the commencement of GCET 2017.
- No candidate will be permitted entry inside the examination hall thirty minutes after the start of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall until the exam is completed and all the answer sheets are collected by the invigilators.
- Electronic gadgets of any type are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Any candidate guilty of using unfair means or acts of discipline will be severely punished.
- Candidates are permitted to retain their copy of the ORS. Since ORS are evaluated electronically, with utmost care and scrutinized, there is no provision for verification/revaluation. Therefore, no complaints in this regard will be entertained.
- In case there is any change in the schedule of operations of Goa CET 2017, the same will be notified to the applicants in the designated newspapers. Moreover, candidates are advised to avoid any telephonic enquiries.
GCET Exam Pattern 2017
GCET Exam Pattern is prepared by the authority responsible for conducting the exam, DTE. GCET 2017 will be divided into 4 papers, each pertaining to questions from its field of study. Each paper will be of two hours. Candidates must note that GCET is conducted in the offline format, i.e. pen and paper mode.
|GCET 2017 Exam Pattern Highlights|
Mode of exam
Offline or Pen and Paper based
Format of exam
2 hours for each paper
Total exam papers
Subjects to be tested
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology
Total number of questions
Questions in each paper
+1 for each correct answer, no negative marking
NOTE: Admissions to B.Arch. course shall be on the basis of scores obtained at NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture), conducted by Council of Architecture, and qualifying exam(Std. XII th /HSSC.)
Goa CET Syllabus 2017
The syllabus for the different subjects in GCET 2017 is as follows:
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P-block elements
- D and F block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Relations and functions
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Linear programming
GCET Results 2017
The result for GCET 2017 will be declared by DTE in April on its official website. Candidates must remember that no individual score cards will be published.
How to check GCET Results 2017?
Given below are the steps to be followed to check the GCET Results 2017:
- Visit the official website of DTE, Goa i.e. www.dtegoa.gov.in
- Look for the link of GCET 2017 result
- Fill details like roll number and the date of birth
- Once the details have been correctly submitted, the result will appear on the screen.
GCET 2017 Merit List
Separate Provisional GCET 2017 Merit List will be prepared for all categories. The provisional merit list thus prepared will be displayed on the notice board of Admission Committee, Goa and also on its website.
Candidates are advised to very carefully check their marks and merit position in the merit list. In case of any error, the same must be reported at the earliest to the concerned authority, failing which the Admission Committee will not be held accountable for any such error. The merit list prepared for B.E will be based on the aggregate marks of GCET 2017 in the subjects of Physics and Mathematics.
GCET 2017 Tie Breaker
In case of two or more candidates score same marks, the following tie breaker procedure will be followed:
- Candidate with more marks in GCET 2017 Mathematics will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in Mathematics are also equal, the candidate with more marks in GCET 2017 Chemistry will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in GCET 2017 in Chemistry are also equal, the candidate with higher aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in class XII examination will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case of tie at the above stage, candidate with more marks in Mathematics in class XII examination will be placed higher in the merit list
- If all the above are also equal, then the candidate with earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.
GCET Counselling 2017
Counselling for GCET 2017 will be conducted from May 18 till May 26, 2017. GCET Counselling 2017 will be conducted by DTE. To participate in counselling, candidates need to first fill and submit the Form B before the already notified date. Counselling for GCET 2017 will be conducted purely on the basis of the merit list prepared by DTE. Form B i.e. counselling form must be submitted at either of the two addresses:
- Ravindra Bhavan, Margao
- Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim
GCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process
GCET 2017 seat allotment for counselling will be conducted purely on the basis of merit list, rank, number of vacancies, reservation criteria among other factors. For the entire duration of GCET Counselling 2017, candidates have to be present in person. GCET Counselling 2017 will include applying for admissions, document verification, seat allotment and admissions.
GCET 2017 counselling will be held in 2 rounds. Candidates, who fail to secure a seat in the first round of counselling, will be eligible for the second round. In case, the candidate fails to secure a seat even in the second round then the center may conduct an extra round of admissions, if required.
Below mentioned are some important points regarding GCET 2017 seat allotment:
- At the time of counselling, candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their rank.
- The admission will be completed only after the candidate has deposited his/her original documents and paid the fees.
- In case a candidate reaches late for the seat allotment process, he or she will be considered only for remaining seats at that time.
- If a candidate does not appear for the seat allotment process or does not accept the admission offered in the particular round then he/she will have to forfeit his/her claim of that seat for that round.
- Remaining seats will be filled up in the subsequent rounds, by following the same procedure as in the first round.
- Vacant seats left from the reserved categories will be transferred to the general category at the end of admission of reserved category in each round.
- If a candidate has not appeared for previous rounds of counselling, then also he or she is eligible for all other rounds.
- An applicant once admitted to a particular seat under any category is not allowed to take admission to the same seat in any situation.
- All eligible candidates from the general category merit list will be considered eligible for availing seats under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
Important Documents required at the time of GCET 2017 Counselling Process are:
Given below is the list of documents required by the candidates at the time of GCET 2017 Counselling Process:
- Date of Birth Proof
- GCET 2017 Admit Card
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Acknowledgement Slip of GCET 2017 with photograph
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Passing Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Residence Proof
- Documents to claim relaxation in the period of residence (if applicable)
- Family income certificate (or tuition fee waiver)
- Certificate of eligibility from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
GCET Participating Institutes 2017
Many colleges and esteemed institutions offer admissions for its B.E courses via GCET. The entire list of the participating institutes is given below:
|Goa College of Engineering||Padre Conceiao College of Engineering|
|Don Bosco College of Engineering||Shree Rayeshwar Institute Of Engineering and Information Technology|
|Agnel Institute of Technology and Design||-|