GATE Admit Card 2018 will be available in online mode from January 05, 2017. Candidates have to visit GATE Official website i.e. www.gate.iitg.ac.in. Through this document, candidates are allowed to enter and sit for the exam. A colored copy of GATE Admit Card with an original ID proof is to be produced when asked by the invigilator. Failing to do so will result in cancellation of candidature.
Listed below are some quick points about GATE Admit Card 2018:
- Successfully registered candidates are eligible to download GATE Hall Ticket. Know How to Fill GATE Application Form
- To access the hall ticket, enter GATE Enrolment ID and Password
- It will not be released via offline mode i.e. it will not be posted or sent on candidate’s email address
- The admit card for GATE 2018 is a necessary document to be carried to GATE Exam Center
- It will contain details such as a candidate’s personal details; roll number, exam centre, photograph etc.
Highlights of GATE Admit Card
|GATE Admit Card will be available from||January 05, 2018 onwards|
Indian Institutes of Technology, Guwahati (IIT Guwahati)
|GATE Admit Card can be downloaded from||www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
|Details on Admit Card||Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Test Center, Test Date & Time, Paper Code, Category|
|Documents to carry along with GATE admit card||Original Photo ID with its Xerox copy|
|Total test centers for GATE 2018||232|
|In case of discrepancy, contact||www.gate.iitg.ac.in|
Important Dates for GATE Admit Card 2018
The conducting body will release the official dates for GATE shortly. Until then, one can go through the following table to know about tentative dates for GATE 2018 Admit Card:
|Commencement of GATE Registration||September 01, 2017|
|Last Date to Register for GATE Exam||October 05, 2017|
|Release of GATE Admit Card 2018||January 05, 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2018|
GATE 2018 Exam Schedule
For the academic session 2018- 19, IIT Guwahati will hold GATE 2018. The tentative exam schedule for GATE is tabulated below:
|Date||February 03, 2018||February 04, 2018||February 10, 2018||February 11, 2018|
|Time||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
|Paper||ME/ AR/ TF||ME/ AG/ GG||EC/ BT/ CY/
|EC/ AE/ MA/
MT/ PE/ PH
|CS/ EE||CS/ EE||CE/ CH/ MN||CE/ IN/ XE/
How to Download GATE Admit Card?
After registering successfully online, the admit card will be issued by the IIT. All applicants can download GATE 2018 Hall Ticket/ Admit Card from the official website of GATE. They can do the same by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of GATE 2018
Step 2: Click on the link available to download GATE 2018 admit Card
Step 3: Enter your GATE Enrolment ID and Password
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’ and your GATE 2018 Admit Card will appear.
Step 5: Download and take a colored printout of the document
Precautions to take while downloading GATE Admit Card
If any aspirant faces problem while downloading GATE admit card, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Firstly, empty cache memory of the browser by going into the settings of the browser
- Then, close the browser
- After that, open your browser and login again with the required credentials
What after downloading GATE Admit Card?
- Once you have the hall ticket in hand, cross-check all the details.
- In case of an incorrect detail, contact the authority or rectify them during the counselling and admissions process.
- In case, photograph/ signature is missing, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in original.
Problems in Downloading GATE Admit Card
Candidates must not mutilate GATE Admit Card 2018 or change any entry made after it has been authenticated and received by them. A candidate may be unable to download GATE Admit Card 2018 due to the following reasons:
- If application form is incomplete
- Discrepancy at the time of slot booking
- Low internet speed
- Entering incorrect credentials
How to Retrieve GATE Password?
The steps to retrive these credentials are quite simple. Mentioned below are the steps to obtain the lost particulars.
- Visit GATE 2018 official website
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’
- Enter the application number and click on ‘Get Password’
- The password will be sent to the e-mail ID and registered mobile number of the candidates.
Details Mentioned on GATE Admit Card
GATE Admit card is a necessary document that acts like a getaway to enter the examination hall. Candidates who fail to carry their GATE 2018 Admit Card will not be allowed to give the exam. On the admit card, various details about exam are printed. Candidate must make sure these details are true and correct. Here is all the information on GATE Hall Ticket:
- Candidate’s Name – it will have the name of a candidate as mentioned in the application form.
- Signature – candidate’s sign as scanned and uploaded in GATE Application Form
- Photo – one must make sure to upload the correct and clear passport size photohraph as per the standards defined. The ticket will have same photo as uploaded at the time of registration.
- Exam Day Instructions – IIT who will hold the exam will set proper instrucitons and guidelines that a candidate has to follow.
- Exam Date – When is a candidate supposed to appear for GATE 2018
- Time (Slot) – As the exam will take place in 6 sessions, the document will have information related to the slot in which he/ she has to appear for it.
- Registration Number – this particular is issued to a candidate at the time of registration. Hence, the same particular will be mentioned in the document.
- Exam Center Address – address or venue where a candidate has to report for the exam
- GATE Paper/ Code – Course or program name that he/ she has selected.
Given below is template of GATE Admit Card 2018-
Instructions for GATE Admit Card
There are certain things that candidates need to keep in mind. Such instructions are printed on the back of GATE Admit Card. Read them below:
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the test without the admit card of GATE.
- A printout of GATE Admit Card should be taken out on an A4 size paper only.
- The candidate must not mutilate or later the information given on the e-Admit card of GATE 2018.
- Candidates should preserve the card till the time of counselling/admission.
Documents Required with GATE Admit Card
At the exam hall, candidates are required to carry certain documents with them, to prove their eligibility. Along with the GATE 2018 Admit Card, aspirants are requested to bring the original ID Proofs that were mentioned during the GATE 2018 Registration.
Alone admit card is not sufficient to answer the GATE 2018 exam. If a candidate fails to do so, he will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
Aspirants failed to produce the original valid ID won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall. Xerox copy of the original ID is not valid. List of documents required to be carried to GATE Exam Centers are given below:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Employee ID
- College ID
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID and Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth & Residential Address
Discrepancy in GATE Admit Card
Often, candidates find discrepancies in their admit card. In such a case, it must be reported to the concerned authority immediately. The contact details will soon be updated here.
GATE Authority holds no responsibility to inform the candidates. Hence, it is advised to the candidates to double check all the information before submitting the form. Make sure there is no gap in the below-mentioned factors:
- Application form is completely filled and all the details are true
- Signature is below photograph
- Photograph is affixed on application form
- Signature is present on the declaration
- Valid e-mail ID is provided
Biometric Verification through Admit Card
- Biometric Verification consists of part of attendance process at GATE centers.
- Candidates are needed to go through it for hall ticket admission verification.
- Biometric procedure includes scanning of the thumb and retina.
- Any candidate refusing to go through Biometric Verification process will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to get verified before GATE, otherwise they won’t be permitted inside the exam hall.
Instructions on GATE Admit Card
- GATE Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original valid photo identification proof.
- GATE Admit Card is valid only if the images of candidate’s photograph and signature are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferable colour print-out of this Hall Ticket on an A4 Sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled time of GATE 2018 exam.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for GATE 2018 only after their credentials are verified by Center officials.
- They will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the commencement of exam. After that, they can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before the exam is scheduled.
- Aspirants are advised to locate GATE exam center and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so that they can reach the center on time for the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 Hours (IST) in the forenoon session and after 14:30 Hours (IST) in the Afternoon Session. This will be followed very strictly and no pleading will be accepted.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of candidate’s personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
Zonal offices for GATE 2018
|Zonal GATE Centres||Address||Website|
|IISc Bangalore||Benguluru - 560012||http://gate.iisc.ernet.in/|
|IIT Bombay||Powai, Mumbai - 400076||http.//www.gate.iitb.ac.in/|
|IIT Delhi||Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016||http://gate.iitd.ac.in/|
|IIT Guwahati||Guwahati – 781039||http://www.iitg.ernet.in/gate/|
|IIT Kanpur||Kanpur – 208016||http://gate.iitk.ac.in/|
|IIT Kharagpur||Kharagpur – 721302||http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|IIT Madras||Chennai – 600036||http://gate.iitm.ac.in/|
|IIT Roorkee||Roorkee – 247667||http://www.iitr.ac.in/gate/|
GATE Admit Card FAQs
Answer- Admit Cards will not be sent by post and candidates can only download it from the Zonal GATE website from Jan 5, 2018 onwards.
Answer- Alone admit card is not sufficient to bring at the exam center. GATE aspirants must bring one original photo ID of which details have been filled during the application process. Xerox copies of the IDs are not acceptable. Following are the IDs that are acceptable- Driving License, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Passport, Employee ID Card, Aadhaar UID, or a Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Candidates failed to bring the original required document will not be permitted to answer the exam.
Answer- You need not worry if you have forgotten the password or Enrollment ID. Just visit the official website, and click “Forgot Enrolment ID or Password” and follow the following steps-
- If you have forgotten your Password and just remember the Enrollment ID, then “request for an OTP” to get the One Time Password by clicking the command button in front of “Request for an OTP”
- If you have already an OTP then click the command button named “Already have an OTP” to reset your password
- If you have forgotten your Enrollment ID then click the command button naming “Forgot Enrolment ID” to get Enrolment ID via SMS.
Answer- If you download the admit card with wrong personal details you must not modify the details on the admit card. Changing details manually may lead to strict actions against the candidature and he will not be allowed to give the exam. You need to verify every detail before contacting the zonal GATE Authority. There are 99% chances that the details shown in the admit card will be correct and if in any case there are mistakes in the admit card then contact the authority. And still the things don’t sort out then you may bring the admit card with wrong credentials in good condition at the exam center.
Answer- A scribble pad will be provided to the aspirants that can be used to do the calculation work. The GATE aspirant has to return the scribble pad after the exam.
Answer- NO. Students will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall for any reason during the commencement of test. Candidates are allowed to leave the computer lab where the exam will be conducted only after the end of the test at the scheduled end of examination in a session.
Answer- Electronic diary, mobile phones, and any such electronic gadgets, blank papers, clip boards and log-tables will not be permitted in the examination venue.
Answer- NO. During the online GATE 2018 examination, all candidates will be provided with an online scientific calculator which has to be used to answer the questions. No physical calculator will be permitted inside the examination hall. GATE 2018 will not provide any storage box at the examination locations for any objects like electronic gadgets. If any candidate brings personal belongings including mobile phones, he will have to keep it outside the examination hall at the candidate’s risk.
Answer- Yes and it must be in colored printed on A4 size paper only.
Answer- As it is not your fault, you will not face any problem. But we would suggest you to contact the organizing institute to get it rectified. You must also carry the photo ID so it must not pose any problem.
Answer- Yes. It is required to keep it safe for the admissions so please don’t misplace or throw it away.