FRI M.Sc. 2018
FRI M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2018 is scheduled on May, 2018. Forest Research Institute University admission test 2018 will held at 12 centres in the country.
- The duration of M.Sc. courses will be 2 years.
- Aspirants can fill FRI M.Sc. 2018 Application Form in offline mode only.
- The offline FRI M.Sc. 2018 application form for FRI admissions can be obtained either from the Counter of the Union Bank of India or even by post.
- Application fee for FRI M.Sc. 2018 Registration Form is INR 1200.
- The exam will be held in offline mode only.
- The duration of FRI M.Sc. 2018 exam is 3 hours.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates can fill their application for M.Sc. courses in various discipline at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun by March, 2018. The admission to these courses will be given to the candidates who qualify the entrance exam conducted by the university.
Following table highlights the overview FRI M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2018:
|Name of Conducting Authority||Forest Research Institute Dehradun|
|Name of the Test||M.Sc. Entrance Test-2018 of FRI University|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Exam Dates
The last date to submit FRI M.Sc. 2018 Application form is April, 2018. FRI M.Sc. 2018 will be held in the month of May, 2018. FRI M.Sc. 2018 Exam Dates are given below:
|Last Date for issue of application form by post||March , 2018|
|Last Date for issue of application form at Institute/bank counter||March , 2018|
|Last Date for receiving completed application forms||April, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Thrid week of April, 2018|
|Forest Research Institute entrance exam||May , 2018|
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy FRI M.Sc. 2018 eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the entrance test. The detailed FRI M.Sc. 2018 eligibility is given below:
- Category wise Education Qualification: The General candidate must have secured 50 % marks and Scheduled Caste or Schedule Tribe must score 45% marks to be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit for In-service Candidate: The maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidate to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on July 31, 2018 and no further relaxation will be given.
- Citizenship: Those candidates whose nationality is Indian or any Foreign country citizen are eligible to apply for FRI M.sc course.
- M.sc. Branch wise Eligibility:
- For M.Sc. Forestry: 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least one subject studied in Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Maths, Physics, Zoology and Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- For M.Sc. Wood Science and Technology: B.Sc. degree in Forestry, 3 year’s Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
- For M.Sc. Environment Management: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Science or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or B.E/B. tech in Environment Science.
- For M.Sc. Cellulose and Paper Technology: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or B.E/B. Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical engineering).
How to Apply for FRI MSc 2018?
Students have to fill FRI MSc offline application form till March, 2018 and send it by post. Forest Research Institute entrance exam is to held in May, 2018. The steps to apply for FRI M.Sc. 2018 are given below:
Step 1-Filling of FRI M.Sc. 2018 Application Form:
Candidates are required to provide the following personal and academic details:
- Full Name (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Date of birth (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST)
- Whether belonging to PD category.
- Year of passing Class XII
- Name of parent/guardian
- Address for communication
- PIN code
- Phone/ Mobile Number
- Email address
Step 2- Fee Payment of FRI M.Sc. 2018:
- The application form can be send by post on payment of Rs. 1200/- through bank draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Forest Research Institute University” payable at Dehra Dun , P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195.
- A candidate who want to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee at Rs. 1200/- for each course.
Step 3- Submission of FRI M.Sc. 2018 Application form:
Applications for admission in FRI MSc 2018 will be send by post on the following address:
Forest Research Institute University,
Dehradun, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195.
FRI M.Sc. Admit Card 2018
Those who fill their FRI M.Sc. 2018 application form on or before the last date will be issued FRI M.Sc. 2018 admit card. FRI M.Sc. 2018Admit card containing centre code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by the third week of April, 2018.
If a student has lost his FRI M.Sc. 2018 Admit Card or they may have not received it then duplicate admit card can be obtain from the centre superintendent of their exam centre. Other option to take admit card is to reach directly on Registrar office, FRI University, Dehra Dun on any working days during working hours.
After that duplicate admit card will be issue after payment with bank draft of Rs. 50/- and a photograph must stick on admission test application form 2018.
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Test Centres
Following are the State wise exam centres in respective cities for FRI M.Sc. 2018 Dehradun Entrance Exam:
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Jabalpur|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Allahabad ,Agra ,Meerut|
|Punjab||Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Ludhiyana|
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Exam Pattern
According to FRI M.sc 2018 Exam Pattern, the exam will consist of multiple choice questions. The duration of the entrance test is 3 hours.
- FRI M.sc 2018 will be held in offline mode.
- Candidates have to answer using blue/black point only.
- Each question will be followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate is required to select the one which he/she feels is correct answer out of 4 options.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the questions.
FRI M.Sc. 2018 is grouped under the following four sections:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Suggested Time|
|Basic Sciences including Social Science||100||---|
|Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.||40||3 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||30||---|
|English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.||30||---|
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Syllabus
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Syllabus is divided into Section A and B for Paper 1 and 2. The detailed syllabus for FRI M.Sc. 2018 is given below:
FRI Dehradun Entrance Exam common syllabus:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.
The syllabus covered in Section A consists of the following topics:
- General Silvi cultural Principles
- Silviculture Systems
- Silviculture of Trees
The syllabus covered in Section B consists of the following topics:
- Agro forestry
- Social Forestry
- Joint Forest Management and Tribology
- Forest Soils, Soil Conservation and Watershed management
- Forest Management and Management System
- Forest Working Plan
- Forest Mensuration and Remote Sensing modelling
- Surveying and Forest Engineering
- Forest Ecology and Ethno botany
- Forest ecology
- Forest Resources and Utilization
- Environmentally sound forest harvesting practices
- Need and importance of wood seasoning and preservation
- Forest Protection & Wildlife Biology
- Forest Economics and Legislation
FRI M.Sc. Result 2018
The FRI Dehradun will announce the entrance exam result 2018 on the website and through SMS. FRI Examination Results will be available on official website also.
A merit list of candidates including a waiting list will be formed for M.Sc. on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories.
Steps to check FRI M.Sc. Result 2018 are given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on link “M.Sc Entrance Test Result”.
- FRI M.Sc. Result 2018 will be given in the form of Merit List.
- Separate FRI M.Sc. 2018 Merit List will be declared for different categories.
FRI M.Sc. 2018Total Seats:
- M.Sc. Forestry (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Tech (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Environment Mgmt. (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 20 (for Indian).
FRI M.Sc. 2018 Counselling
Admission fees has to be paid at the time of FRI M.Sc. 2018 counselling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate. If a selected candidate does not join by the given date or if no addition has been asked for and decided by the University then admission will going to be cancel automatically and the seat will be offer to the next applicant in the waiting list.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have higher percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. If applicant have equal percentage of aggregate marks in qualifying exam then they will be given preference for higher % in graduation.
Following is the list of Documents which applicants has to take at the time of counselling of FRI M.Sc. 2018:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree and Mark sheets of all the three yrs.
- Admission Test admit card issue from FRI office.
- SC/ST category certificate on the basis of which reservation will claim.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon or C.M.O.