DPU AIBTCET 2017 PATTERN & SYLLABUS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
DPU AIBTCET 2017 is going to be held in offline mode. The duration of the written test is 2 hours. Candidates should carefully go through the AIBTCET 2017 Exam pattern before starting preparation.
All the questions in AIBTCET 2017 will be in MCQ (multiple choice question) format and the questions are based on class 11 and class 12 syllabus prescribed by CBSE. As there is no negative marking in the exam, the candidate can attempt all the questions in the question paper. All the 4 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany will contain 25 questions.
There will be 1 mark for all the correct responses. No marks will be awarded for the questions not attempted.
Candidates need to clear the DPU Biotechnology sectional cut off to clear the exam. In the case of a tie between two candidates, section marks will be used for comparison and allocation of rank.
Exam pattern highlights table
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen -Paper Based) both|
|Number of papers||1|
|Number of sections||4 (Physics, Chemistry , Zoology and Botany)|
|Question Paper Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|DPU AIBTCET (Total Marks)||100|
|Exam duration||1.5 hours or 90 minutes|
Candidates can check below the detailed pattern for all the 4 subject. Biology (Botany & Zoology) will constitute 50% of the entire exam.
DPU AIBTECT 2018 exam pattern for Physics
DPU AIBTECT 2018 exam pattern for Chemistry
DPU AIBTECT 2018 exam pattern for Zoology
DPU AIBTECT 2018 exam pattern for Botany
A total of 25 questions will be made out of the syllabus defined below. Candidates need to identify important topics as questions are framed to test candidates’ understanding of basic concepts. Every correct answer will be rewarded 1 mark and no marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
The syllabus for Chemistry section is vast. However, only 25 questions will be asked to test candidates’ knowledge of different concepts and topics in Chemistry. It is relatively difficult to identify important topics in Chemistry as all the headers appear important. There are fixed pattern for type of questions asked in the test and some questions do involve application of multiple formulae.
Biology (Botany & Zoology)
There will be 50 questions designed combined from the syllabus defined below. The anatomy and physiology of plants and animals are interesting. Generally, questions come about identifying the phylum, genre of plants and animals. Identifying the reproduction type of plants, and their genes transfer become difficult with logic based questions.
Identifying topics which are important in terms of weightage play a crucial role in candidate’s preparation and performance in the test. Some important topics across various sections are mentioned below:
Physics: The total weightage for the Physics section is 25 marks for this section. Some important topics are as follows:
Chemistry: In this section, the questions are mainly asked from organic and inorganic chemistry. Questions are asked on reactivity of metals, non-metals, process of extractions, etc. Some important topics are mentioned below:
Biology: Some of the important topics under in Biology are mentioned below:
The best way to start the preparation is to work with the books that contain all the important information and the questions of the same format. The questions are in MCQ format. Check below some important books for AIBTCET 2017 preparation.
|Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
NCERT Xtract - Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology for AIPMT, Class 11/ 12, AIIMS, JIPMER, BHU, AMU, State PMTs
(Set of 3 Books)
Chapterwise-Topicwise Questions-Solutions 2016-2005 Biology for Medical Entrances
Study Package for Biology for AIPMT, AIIMS & Other Medical Entrance Exam
|Biology, Physics, Chemistry||Daily Practice Problem (DPP) Sheets for AIPMT/AIIMS Biology||Disha Experts(Author)||938557633X|
Chapterwise-Topicwise Questions-Solutions PHYSICS
|Arihant Publications (2016)||935203676X|
Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET-AIIMS - Physics
|MTG Learning Media Private Limited (2016)||9385966383|
Candidates can check out some of the sample questions for AIBTCET below for reference. Sample questions from different subjects are mentioned.
Sample questions in Biology
1. Nucleotides are linked to one another in mRNA by
2. Is chromosomes are the chromosomes with
3. Which one of the following vectors can accommodate the largest size of DNA?
4.A diploid population having individuals with different chromosome numbers ranging from 2n + 3 to 2n − 3 is a
Sample questions in Physics
1. An electron is moving in a circular path under the influence of a transverse magnetic field of 3.57 × 10–2T. If the value of e/m is 1.76 × 1011C/kg, the frequency of revolution of the electron is
(A) 1 GHz
(B) 100 MHz
(C) 62.8 MHz
(D) 6.28 MHz
2. A galvanometer of resistance 30Ω is connected to a battery of emf 2V with 1970Ω resistance in series. A full scale deflection of 20 divisions is obtained in the galvanometer. To reduce the deflection to 10 divisions, the resistance in series required is
(A) 4030 Ω
(B) 4000 Ω
(C) 3970 Ω
3. In a full wave rectifier circuit operating from 50 Hz mains frequency, the fundamental frequency in the ripple would be
(A) 50 Hz
(B) 25 Hz
(C) 100 Hz
(D) 70.7 Hz
4. Three concentric metallic spherical shells of radii R, 2R, 3R, are given charges Q1, Q2, Q3, respectively. It is found that the surface charge densities on the outer surfaces of the shells are equal. Then, the ratio of thecharges given to the shells, Q1: Q2: Q3
(A) 1 : 2 : 3
(B) 1 : 3 : 5
(C) 1 : 4 : 9
(D) 1 : 8 : 18
Sample questions in Chemistry
1. The spin only magnetic moment of Mn+4ion is nearly ______.
(A) 6 BM
(B) 3 BM
(C) 5 BM
(D) 4 BM
2. The volume (in mL) of 0.1 M AgNO3required for complex precipitation of chloride ions present in 30 mL of 0.01 M solution of [Cr(H2O)5Cl]Cl2, as silver chloride is close to
3. The synthesis of alkyl fluorides is best accomplished by
(A) Free radical fluorination
(B) Sandmeyer's reaction
(C) Finkelstein reaction
(D) Swarts reaction
4. A solution of ( – ) – 1 – chloro–1– phenylethane in toluene racemises slowly in the presence of a small amount of SbCl5, due to the formation of
(D) Free Radical
Candidates preparing for DPU AIBTCET can go through some of the important tips mentioned below.