DNB CET 2017 is conducted twice in a year, one for January session and other July session. DNB CET 2017 results for July session will be declared on August 3, 2017. DNB CET 2017 results can be downloaded from the official website in the form of mark sheet-cum-result certificate from NBE.
The candidates must preserve the DNB CET 2017 result certificate for the DNB CET 2017 Counselling procedure by taking a print out of the same. The candidates will be selected for the DNB CET 2017 Counselling on the basis of the minimum qualifying marks obtained by the candidates. It is a qualifying-cum-entrance examination for admission into various Postgraduate courses.
How to check DNB CET 2017 Result?
The DNB CET 2017 result for July session is expected to be declared by NBE on August 03, 2017. Candidates can download the DNB CET 2017 mark sheet-cum-result certificate from the official website of NBE.
Along with DNB CET 2017 Result, the Board will also publish merit lists of candidates as per their performance in qualifying examination. The candidates will be called for DNB CET 2017 counselling procedure on the basis of their marks and merit list published.
The candidate can check their DNB CET 2017 result by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of NBE
- Click on ‘NBE Result’ tab section and mention your exam name as CET.
- Click on result and a screen will be displayed showing your DNB CET 2017 result.
- Lastly, download your DNB CET 2017 result.
- Print the DNB CET 2017 result for counselling procedure.
Validity of DNB CET 2017 Scorecard
DNB CET Score Card can be obtained from the official website. It contains personal information of the candidate and the scores obtained in DNB CET exam. DNB CET 2017 scorecard will be valid for 1 year i.e. only current academic session (2017-18). The candidates must note that they cannot use this scorecard for further coming sessions.
DNB CET 2017 Qualifying Criteria
The candidates qualify for the DNB CET Counselling on the basis of their scores in the exam. The qualifying scores vary with the category. The candidates who have appeared for DNB CET 2017 has to score the below mentioned marks in order to participate in DNB CET 2017 Counselling:-
|Candidate’s Category||Qualifying Score|
|Person with Disability||45%|
DNB CET 2017 Tie Breaking Criteria
In case when two or more candidates will score same, then the following tie breaker criteria will be used to determine the merit position of the candidates in the descending order:-
- Candidate who has cleared all the professional examinations of MBBS in the first attempt itself, will get the higher merit position than others.
- Candidates who have obtained higher aggregate marks in their MBBS professional examinations will also get the higher merit positions.
- Those candidates who have higher aggregate marks in their third MBBS examinations (part I and part II) will get higher merit positions.
- Candidates who have obtained higher aggregate marks in their second MBBS examinations will also get higher merit positions.
- Those candidates who have obtained higher aggregate marks in their first level examination will also get higher merit positions.
DNB CET 2017 Equating and Scaling Process
- In order to maintain equity and fair result, a standard psychometrically-sound-approach is used for calculating candidates’ scores.
- This approach is employed to score all kind of large scale Computer based Examination utilizing multiple question papers.
- During post equating, test items are jointly analyzed. As DNB CET exam is conducted in different sessions, so using this approach all the question papers are assembled together and a common difficulty level is determined.
- The DNB CET 2017 result so obtained on the basis of Item Response Theory, is an equated raw score which is taken into consideration so as to determine the performance of the candidate.
- Equating is a process used to adjust differences in difficulty level of different question papers so that candidates’ performance can be measured on a common metric scale.
- In order to do comparison, each form contains an equating block which is a pre-defined number of questions selected from large item bank. This equating block is used to adjust candidates' scores.
- While doing the scaling process, a linear transformation is used. This scaling process is a standard and appropriate practice to administer such tests.
- All these steps are followed to ensure that scores of examinations so obtained are valid and fair.
- The candidates must note that there is no provision for rechecking/re-totaling/re-evaluation of question paper score under any circumstances.
DNB CET 2017 Counselling Process
Once the DNB CET 2017 result are out, the qualifying candidates will be called for DNB CET 2017 counselling on the basis of their marks. Candidates have to pay INR 2500 as DNB CET 2017 Counselling fee through demand draft in favor of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi.
This fee has to be paid on the counselling day itself. Candidates will have to bring the demand draft along with them on the day of DNB CET 2017 Counselling. Candidates who opted to participate in the further round of counselling after opting out online through the official website must not forget to remit the counselling fee through payment gateway using credit card or debit card issued by bank.