CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam (Cochin University of Science & Technology Common Admission Test) is conducted foradmissions to engineering programs. CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam Results will be declared on the official website on May 25, 2017. After the declaration of results, merit list will be released on the basis of which the candidates will be called for counselling process.
CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 Counseling Process will start from July 11, 2017 after the results are declared. There are certain seats reserved for candidates from different categories. The CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 counseling process starts after the university declares the results. The results forms the basis of the cut off which decides the candidates selected for counseling.
The CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering counseling will be carried out at Seminar complex (In front administrative Office, S. Kalamasserry, Kochi - 22) which is the decided venue. Candidates are required to carry important documents related to reservation and other certificates for counseling. The proper counseling helps in allotment of seats and complete the admission process at a faster pace.
CUSAT CAT Engineering 2017 Results
The results for the entrance exam will be declared on the official website on May 25, 2017. Candidates can check their result by logging into the official website. After the result is out, candidates can check it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the results tab
- Type your username and password
- Your result will be displayed
- You can also take a print out of the result if you want to
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Cut off
After the result is out, the cut off list is prepared. It forms the basis of CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 counseling. Some of the important things regarding the cut off list are mentioned below:
- The CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 cut off list is based on many factors like total number of seats available, difficulty level of the question paper, total number of applicants and total number of students qualified.
- This list is different for different courses and colleges
- It is prepared after the rank list is out
- Just like the rank list, the cut off is also released on the official website.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Counselling Schedule
Candidate who appeared for CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 must have a look at the important dates regarding CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 counseling process. Below mentioned table could be helpful for the candidates guiding them about the important dates of CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 counseling:
|Declaration of Results||May 25, 2017|
|Release of rank list||June 18, 2017|
|Counseling for Rank 1-500 of Marine Rank List||June 28, 2017|
|Counseling for Rank 501-1000 of Marine Rank List||June 29, 2017|
|Counseling for Rank 1001-1500 of Marine Rank List||June 30, 2017|
|Counseling for Rank 1501 to the last rank of Marine Rank List||July 1, 2017|
|Rank 1 - 1500 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 11, 2017|
|Rank 1501 - 3000 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 12, 2017|
|Rank 3001 -4500 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 14, 2017|
|Rank 4501 - 6000 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 15, 2017|
|Rank 6001 - 8500 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 19, 2017|
|Rank 8501 - 11000 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 20, 2017|
|Rank 11001 - 15000 Real Time Photo Counseling||July 22, 2017|
|B. Tech Marine Engineering – Counseling||July 22, 2017|
|Rank 15001 To Last Rank Real Time Photo Counseling||July 23, 2017|
|B. Tech Counseling Of Allotted Candidates||July 28, 2017|
Instructions for CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam Counselling
Before registering for the CUSAT CAT Engineering 2017 counseling, candidates must take care of some of the things. Following mentioned points could be very helpful to the candidates registering for the CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 Counseling:
- Candidates willing to join various academic courses go through the counseling schedule mentioned on the official website
- Candidates will not be sent out any personal letters for counseling. Message will be circulated on the website only.
- Candidates who will not attend the CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam counseling will not be considered for the admission.
- Candidates who will meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for the admission
- Candidates must report at the scheduled venue and time for CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 counseling.
- Candidates must bring the appropriate certificates for counseling which can help them to claim the reservation
- Candidates attending the CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam counseling must register themselves.
- Candidate must submit the admission fee after seat allotment
- Candidates not submitting the certificates of their communities will not be considered for reservation
- It is the right of the university to make any changes in eligibility, intake, specialization, type of programs, rules, regulations, fee structure at any time.
- Online request for reservation will not be entertained at any cost
- Candidates, applying for post graduate or M tech programs, whose final result is not out yet, must submit mark lists of all semesters with a certificate from the Principal / Head of the institution
- Candidates not accepting the seat allotted to them will not be considered eligible for the same course again
- Candidates applying for B Tech/MSc Photonics and B. Tech Lateral Entry programs will be considered eligible only if they have registered their online options
- When the candidate is allotted a seat he will be considered ineligible for all other branches automatically
- After seat allotment candidate must submit all the required documents to complete the admission process
- Candidates with allotted seat must purchase their uniforms by the institute.
- The candidates are required to report at Seminar complex (In front administrative Office, S. Kalamasserry, Kochi-22) which is the decided venue at 9: 00 A.M.
CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 Counseling Process
The counseling for CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 involves mainly six steps. Those steps are mentioned below:
- Registration: This is the first step for CUSAT CAT Engineering 2017 counseling. In this, candidates are required to register themselves for counseling. A time limit is provided in which candidates have to register themselves for the same.
- Allotment: The next step is allotment of seat. After the registration process is completed, seat allotment list is released as per the programs. Candidates who register themselves are considered for seat allotment.
- Eligibility Verification: This step includes the verification of candidates with the certificates. After seat allotment, candidates are to submit required documents and certificates regarding reservation and admission in person.
- Payment of fee by Challan: Candidates who have been allotted seats and their admission is confirmed move to the next step. This step includes payment of fee via Challan. The fee Challan is available at the fee counter. Candidates with confirmed seat are to collect the Challan and pay the fee at the bank
- Issuing Provisional Admission Letter: This step consist of collecting the admission letter. After the candidate is done paying the fee at the counter of the bank, he or she is required to collect the receipt from the bank. This receipt is to be submitted at the admission counter to collect the final admission letter.
- Higher Option Cancellation: After the students have collected their admission letter for a program at an institute, they must cancel their higher option. This confirms their admission and completes the procedure of counseling.
Know More About CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
Important Documents Required for CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam
There are certain seats reserved for candidates on the basis of their nativity, categories, community and some other basis. The candidates who are eligible for these reservations have to submit the valid proof to claim the reserved seats.
Certificates required for these kinds of reservations are mentioned below as per the category to be claimed:
- To prove the Domicile status of Kerala
Candidate can present any of the following mentioned certificates to prove his or her Domicile status of Kerala:
- Birth certificate/ residential proof
- Certificate from class VIII to XII issued by head of school to show that the candidate has studied in the state
- Relevant page of the SSLC showing birth place of the candidate
- Relevant page of the SSLC showing birth place of the candidate
- To claim communal reservations
- Candidates from categories KSC/KST/SEBC will be considered eligible for communal reservation and have to present certificate of their category to claim the same
- Candidates from SEBC are eligible if they submit Non-Creamy Layer category certificate issued by the revenue authorities of Kerala
- Candidates from KSC/KST category will have to submit community certificate issued by the Tahsildar of the Taluk
- For Economically Backwards
Candidates are required to submit BPL (Below Poverty Line) certificate issued by competent revenue authorities.
- To prove NRI status
- Only those Candidates who had chosen the option NRI under special reservations while filling up CUSAT CAT 2017 Application Form will be considered as NRI. They have to submit an additional fee of INR 5000/-
- NRI candidates will have to submit Persons of Indian Origin/Overseas Citizens of India (PIO/OCI) cards issued by the Government of India
- Physically challenged/Blind Candidates
Physically challenged or blind persons have to submit Certificate from the District Medical Board. The certificate must be written in English or Malayalam.
- Experienced candidates
Candidates have to submit Original experience certificate issued by the employer
- Sponsored candidates
The upper limit for sponsored candidates is 45 years. Candidates eligible for this have to submit original Sponsorship certificate from relevant authority
- To claim the sponsorship from Lakshadweep Administration
Candidates have to submit all the certificates in original. No additional certificate to claim the reservation is required as the administration will submit the official list itself.
- Army quota
Candidates are required to submit Original recommendation letter from the Army Head Quarters.
- Sports quota
Candidates have to submit all the certificates in original. No additional certificate to claim the reservation is required as the approved list will be submitted by the Kerala Sports Council.
Candidate is required to submit the Community certificate issued by a competent revenue
- CUSAT staff children
Candidates have to submit all the certificates in original. No additional certificate to claim the reservation is required
- Ex-servicemen children
Candidate is required to submit the Discharge certificate or any similar document issued by the Armed Forces
- Naval candidates
Candidates have to submit all the certificates in original. No additional certificate to claim the reservation is required as the official list will be submitted by the Indian navy
- International candidates
- Candidates are required to submit the original Mark Lists, Transcripts, Character Certificate, Reference letters, Passport and Student Visa
- Also candidate have to submit Equivalence Certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
- Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries
Candidates are required to submit the original copies of Mark Lists, Transcripts, Character Certificate, Reference letters, Passport and Student Visa
- Kashmiri migrants children
Candidates are to submit the Original certificate from a competent authority
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir
Candidates have to submit all the certificates in original. No additional certificate to claim the reservation is required as the candidates authorized by AICTE will be admitted only.
- Children of Fishermen/ Staff of Kerala Fisheries Department
Candidates are required to submit certificate from the local office of Fisheries Department stating that the parent's occupation is fishing
Other than these certificate to be submitted for claiming the reservations all the candidates have to submit the following certificates and documents at the time of counseling:
- Educational qualification certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
CUSAT CAT B. Tech 2017 Seat Allotment
Candidates eligible to attend the counselling will be allotted seats in various affiliated institutes as per their ranks and scores. Some of the important things about the CUSAT CAT 2017 Engineering Exam Seat Allotment are mentioned below.
Candidates must go through these:
- All the candidates are required to appear in person at the counseling venue for the seat allotment process.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate and his rank in the merit list.
- Candidates are required to fill up their preferred choices for colleges and branches so that they could get their preferred institutes as per their ranks.