CUCET 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates & Eligibility
CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is conducted every year in the month of June. It is a national level entrance exam conducted jointly by 10 central participating universities. The examination is held for admission into UG & Integrated, PG, M.Tech, B.Ed, M.Ed, M.Pharma, PG Diploma, M.Phil and Phd courses in 10 Central Universities of India.
Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ) is the conducting body for CUCET 2017. The exam is scheduled on May 17 – 18, 2017. CUCET Application Form can be filled from March 20, 2017 onwards.
|May 19, 2017-CUCET 2017 Official Answer Keys released. Last date to submit grievances online is May 22 (5:00 pm). Check Here|
CUCET Syllabus for UG courses is based on Class 10+2 level syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics. CUCET Exam Pattern is divided into two parts- Part A & Part B. Part A is common for all the candidates while Part B varies according to the candidate’s domain or the core subject of choice. Before applying, a candidate must ascertain that they fulfill the eligibility criteria required for CUCET 2017. Check Your CUCET Eligibility Status
CUCET 2017is the common entrance test for admissions to the various courses in 10 Central Universities of the country namely –
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of South Bihar
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
CUCET 2017 Exam Dates
Online Registration for CUCET 2017 can be done from March 20, 2017 to April 14, 2017. On Successful submission of CUCET application forms, admit cards will be available from May 05, 2017 onwards. Candidates can check all the CUCET Exam Dates 2017 from the table provided below:
|CUCET Exam Events||CUCET Dates|
|Release of CUCET Application Form||March 20, 2017|
|Last date to fill CUCET Application Form||April 14, 2017|
|Availability of CUCET Admit Card online||May 05, 2017|
|CUCET Exam Date||May 17-18, 2017|
|Uploading of CUCET Answer key on official website||May 19, 2017|
|Reporting of grievances, if any||May 22, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|Uploading of Final Answer Key||May 29, 2017|
|Declaration of CUCET Results||June 07, 2017|
CUCET 2017 Eligibility
10 Central Universities participating inCUCET 2017 has laid down their own CUCET Eligibility Criteria. Candidates are not entitled to admissions simply by appearing and qualifying the CUCET exam. They must fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the universities.
Candidates who are yet to appear in the qualifying examination can also apply for CUCET 2017 on the condition that during CUCET 2017 Counselling, they have to produce the marksheet or proof of passing the qualifying examination.
If any candidate appears in CUCET 2017 who otherwise does not satisfy the CUCET Eligibility Criteria, they cannot use any sort of claim over their candidature at a later stage. The concerned university reserves the right to take the necessary action including the rejection of the candidature in such situations or in situations where false documents have been produced.
Check Here CUCET Eligibility
CUCET 2017 Exam Centers
There are a total of 57 CUCET 2017 Exam Centers situated in different states of India. Candidates have the provision of choosing the CUCET Exam centers while filling the CUCET Application Form. However, the main authority of allotting the exam center lies on the examination authority. The allotted CUCET Exam Center is mentioned on the admit card. CUCET 2017 aspirants can find the complete list of CUCET exam centers along with their states and the center code.
Read More CUCET Exam Centers
CUCET 2017 Application Form
CUCET Application Form is available only in online mode. However, the aspirants of CUCET can pay the CUCET Application fee in any of the modes: online or offline. Candidates who want to appear in CUCET 2017 should follow the stepwise procedure given below to fill the CUCET 2017 Application Form.
- Visit the official portal of CUCET 2017 at www.cucet2017.co.in
- Click on ‘Apply’ button.
- Click on the level of program of your choice among undergraduate, postgraduate and research.
- Fill the personal details such as candidate’s name, e-mail ID, mobile number, and date of birth and password for completing registration.
- Receive the mail and message on registered mail ID and mobile as confirmation to successful completion of registration process.
- In the online application form, the candidates are required to fill details like personal details, details of the qualifying exam, GATE scores if applicable, address for correspondence, examination centers and declaration.
- Upload signature and photograph
- Register for any three courses in the selected program from each university.
- Edit the application, if needed and move on to application fee payment process.
- Make payment of application fee. You can make the payment online through net banking, debit card or credit card. Or, you can make payment through E-challan.
- Register for additional three courses, if applicable.
- Make payment for additional courses either on online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card or on offline mode through SBI challan.
- Finally, view your dashboard for keeping tabs on payment status.
CUCET 2017 Application Fee
|Category||Online fee payment through credit card/debit card||Online fee Payment through e-challan|
|General/OBC||INR 800||INR 800 + 50 (Bank Commission)|
|SC/ST||INR 400||INR 350 + 50 (Bank Commission)|
Note: All PwD applicants are exempted from CUCET 2017 Application fee
Fill Here CUCET Application Form
CUCET 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card from the official website from May 05, 2017. You need to carry this admit card to the exam center failing to which you will not be allowed to write the exam.
Candidates can download the admit card via following steps:
- Go to CUCET official website
- Click on “Download Admit Card” link
- Enter application number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit button
Download Your CUCET Admit Card
CUCET 2017 Exam Pattern
In CUCET 2017 Exam Pattern consists of two parts- Part A & Part B. In part A questions will be asked to test logical, verbal, General Awareness and Mathematical skills of the test takers. Part B will test the domain knowledge in 3-4 sections of candidates. The main highlights of the exam are
- CUCET Exam Pattern for Part A has questions based on Analytical skills, English Language, General Awareness and Mathematical Aptitude
- CUCET Exam Pattern for Part B will be based on Domain Knowledge meaning the core subject the candidate has opted to study. Part B may be further divided into one/two/three sections according to courses.
- There will be total 100 questions, 25 questions in Part A and 75 questions in part B.
- There is negative marking scheme and every incorrect entry 1 mark is deducted. Selecting multiple options for 1 questions will be considered incorrect and hence no marks will be given.
- Questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on the subjects in the qualifying exam.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Check Here CUCET Exam Pattern
CUCET 2017 Result
- CUCET 2017 Result will be declared on June 07, 2017 on the website.
- The candidates can check their results online on the official website by login in on the website with their application no. and password.
- The candidates will not be informed about results separately through any other medium so the candidate must regularly visit the website for updates
- A rank list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance and candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the rank only after verifying all the documents
- The successful candidates can take out the print of the result for future reference in counselling.
Check Your CUCET Result
CUCET 2017 Counselling Process is likely to be commenced in June 2017. The counselling process is held for allotment of seats to students on the basis of their merit and choice based on performance. Once the merit list is published, CUCET counselling will take place. The process is conducted by individual university participating in CUCET.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for participation in CUCET counselling. The allotment of seats is based on the following criteria:
- Availability of seat in the preferred program
- Rank secured in CUCET 2017
- CUCET eligibility criteria for the particular university
Read More CUCET Counselling Process
CUCET 2017 Cut off List is based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam. The cut off will decide the selection of candidate in the particular course. Candidates must obtain the scores equivalent to the scores or ranks in CUCET 2017 Cut off to be eligible for CUCET Counselling.
In the following table, CUCET General Cutoff for 2016 is mentioned. Candidates can get the fair idea of the CUCET 2017 cutoff from the following table:
|Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cutoff Marks|
|MA Folkloristics||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||32|
|Ph.D. Nutrition Biology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||90|
|MA Mathematics||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||92|
|MA Tribal Law and Governance||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||103|
|Ph.D. Microbiology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||111|
|M.Tech Information Technology||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||113|
|Ph.D. Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||118|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||127|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||162|
|M.Phil. Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||128|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||129|
|MA Vocal||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||129|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||130|
|MA English||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||131|
|MA English||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||183|
|MA English||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||202|
|MA English||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||241|
|MA History||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||132|
|MA History||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||133|
|MA History||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||160|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||133|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||134|
|M.Sc Food Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||136|
|L.L.M.||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||139|
|L.L.M.||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||164|
|L.L.M.||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||164|
|Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||142|
|Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||157|
|M.Sc Computational Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||142|
|MA Tourism Management||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||143|
|M.Sc Medicinal Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||143|
|M.Tech Computer Science & Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|M.Tech Cyber Security||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|MA Political Science||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||154|
|MA Political Science||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||164|
|MA Political Science||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||185|
|BA + MA Tibetan||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||155|
|Ph.D. Kannada||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155|
|MBA Agri-Business||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155|
|MA Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA Education||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA Education||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||182|
|MA Hindi||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA Hindi||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA Hindi||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||242|
|M.A. Convergent Journalism||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||156|
|Master of Science Physics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||157|
|Master of Science Physics|
|Master of Science Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||185|
|Master of Science Physics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||185|
Check Here Detailed CUCET Cutoff