The Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test is conducted by Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi. Exam is held for admission in B.Ed. Course in various associated universities across India. This year it took place on May 8, 2017. CSSET 2017 Results has been declared and candidates can check the list of selected candidates as mentioned below
|CSSET Application Process||CSSET Eligibility||CSSET Exam Pattern|
CSSET 2017 Eligibility
Candidates should have done B.A Sanskrit or an equivalent examination(10+2+3 pattern) with minimum of 50% marks. Also, candidates who have done M.A. Sanskrit/Acharya or equivalent with minimum of 50% marks can also apply. Additionally candidates should have attain a minimum age of 20 years as on or before October 1, 2017.
CSSET 2017 Exam Pattern
CSSET 2017 is a 2.5 hours exam with two sections Part A and Part B. It is a pen and paper based examination with both objective and descriptive questions in Sanskrit.
CSSET 2017 Important Dates
The CSSET 2017 enables the candidates to seek admissions in various associated universities across India in B.Ed. programme. The Application Process for CSSET 2017 begins from January 04, 2017. The CSSET 2017 is scheduled on May 08, 2017. The candidates must consider the dates related to the CSSET 2017 to apply for the examination successfully. The candidates must submit the CSSET 2017 Application Form on the mentioned date to secure the candidature. The other important dates related to CSSET 2017 are mentioned below:
|Availability of CSSET Application Form||January 04, 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of CSSET Application Form||February 26, 2017|
|Availability of CSSET Admit Card||April 15, 2017|
|Exam Date||May 08, 2017|
CSSET 2017 Eligibility
The candidates applying for the examination must consider the CSSET Eligibility before beginning the CSSET 2017 Application Process. The minimum age of the candidate must be 20 years on or before October 1, 2017 to be eligible to apply for CSSET 2017. No age relaxation will be given to the candidates in this regard.
The candidates who hold Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificates from Institutes in Jammu and Kashmir State are eligible for service in Central Government and other States. The minimum qualifying marks required to apply for CSSET 2017 is mentioned below:
- A candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/otherwise abled categories) in Shastri / B.A with Sanskrit in 10+2+3 Scheme and / or Acharya / MA (Sanskrit) or an equivalent grade from a recognized college or university to be eligible to apply for CSSET 2017.
- A candidate who have secured minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/otherwise abled categories) in Shastri / B.A with Sanskrit 2 year course from recognized college or university or have passed Acharya 1st year /M.A. (Sanskrit) 1st year/Setu (Bridge course)/Vidwanmadhyama/ Vidwaduttama examination is eligible to apply for CSSET 2017.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to submit the mark sheets of the qualifying examination along with the application form. If the result of the candidate is awaited, they have to submit their original mark sheets at the time of admission, if they passed the examination.
CSSET 2017 Reservation
The seats for various categories are reserved for in the 3 universities that provide admissions through CSSET 2017. The various categories have separate category codes which must be entered in the CSSET 2017 Application Form to avail the advantage of reservation. The category codes of various categories are given below:
|Name of the Category||Code Number|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||105|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||106|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||107|
|Otherwise Abled/Blind (40% or more disability)||108|
|Dependents of dead/wounded in war||109|
|Sportsmen (for participation at national-international level competitions)||110|
Candidates have to submit a valid Reserved Category Certificate attested by a Gazetted officer. The allocation of seats for reserved category students will be done at the central level for Sansthan Campuses. The seats are limited for the candidates in Shiksha Shastri for the candidates who fall in the category mentioned below
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved||Competent Authority for issuing Certificates|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1.5%||District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar/Mandal Revenue officer (M.R.O.)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7.5%||District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar/Mandal Revenue officer (M.R.O.)|
|Otherwise Abled/Blind||3%||Chief Medical Officer of Civil Hospital|
|Ward/Widows of Armed Forces Personnel disabled/killed during war/Hostilities||3%||Army/Navy/Air force Board|
CSSET 2017 Seat Intake
The CSSET 2017 provides admissions in Bachelor of Education programme in its 3 universities across India. The code number of each university is important as it determines the preference of the candidate for admissions through CSSET 2017. The number of seats intake will determine the number of candidates that can seek admissions in the universities.
The table below mentions the name and code number of each CSSET 2017 Participating College along with the number of seat intake:
|Name of University||Code Number||Seats Available|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi||102||200|
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi||101||700|
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati||100||100|
CSSET 2017 Application Process
The initial step in the CSSET Application Process is obtaining the CSSET 2017 Application Form. The CSSET 2017 Application form can be obtained both by the online and offline mode. The online mode involves obtaining the CSSET 2017 Application Form from the official website and taking a print out of the same to fill the details. The offline mode involves obtaining a hard copy of the CSSET 2017 Application form from designated centers. The steps followed to obtain the CSSET 2017 Application Form are as follows:
|CSSET OFFICIAL WEBSITE|
Candidates can fill CSSET 2017 online Application Form on the official website. The candidates must download the CSSET 2017 Application Form and print the same to carry out the further CSSET 2017 Application Process.
Candidates have to deposit a crossed demand draft of INR 1050 in favor of Registrar, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi from a nationalized bank payable at New Delhi. The candidates can also obtain the CSSET 2017 Application Form from designated centers across India by submitting a crossed demand draft in person of INR 1000 in favor of the conducting authority of CSSET 2017. The various offline centers where the CSSET 2017 Application Form shall be available are mentioned in the table below:
|Offline Center||Offline Center||Offline Center|
|Shri L.B.S.R.S. Vidyapeetha, New Delhi||R. Skt. Sansthan, H.P.||R. Skt. Sansthan, Maharashtra|
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi||R. Skt. Sansthan, U.P.||R. Skt. Sansthan, Karnataka|
|R.S. Vidyapeetha, Tirupati||R. Skt. Sansthan, U.P.||R. Skt. Sansthan, Kerala|
|R. Skt. Sansthan Shri Ranbir Campus, Jammu||R. Skt. Sansthan, M.P.||R. Skt. Sansthan, Tripura|
|R. Skt. Sansthan Jaipur Campus, Rajasthan||R. Skt. Sansthan, Odisha||-|
Details asked in the CSSET 2017 Application Form
The candidates are required to enter the personal and academic details in the downloaded or received CSSET Application Form. Only blue or black ball point pens must be used to fill CSSET 2017 Application form. The candidates have to mention the reserved category and the code of the preferred CSSET 2017 Exam Center.
There is a Declaration and a CSSET 2017 Identity Card attached with the CSSET 2017 Application form. The candidates have to affix one photograph similar to the one pasted on the CSSET 2017 Application form on the CSSET 2017 Identity Card. The candidates have to mention the personal details in the CSSET 2017 Identity Card along with the signature of the candidate.
The following documents are required during the CSSET 2017 Application Process:
- Application Form
- Self-attested copy of Certificate depicting Age of Candidate
- Self -attested copies of Degrees and Mark-sheets of Shastri, Acharya/B.A (with Sanskrit), M.A. (with Sanskrit) or other educational qualifications.
- Reservation/Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Three recent passport-size photographs of the candidate. One should be pasted on CSSET 2017 Application Form, one on CSSET 2017 Identity Card and one on the CSSET 2017 Admit Card. Pasted photograph should include name of the candidate and date of photograph under it.
- For internal candidates- Passing Certificate from Tirupati Vidyapeetha/ Delhi Vidyapeetha/ Sansthan Campus
- Certificate regarding Campus related catchment area for the candidates desiring admission in Sansthan Campuses
Sequence of Enclosures in CSSET 2017 Application Form
The enclosures must be stapled in proper sequence while posting the CSSET 2017 Application Form. The candidates must possess self-attested copies of the documents being sent along with CSSET 2017 Application Form. The sequence of the enclosures to be sent along with the CSSET 2017 Application Form are as follows:
- Completely and correctly filled Application form
- Certificate for certifying age
- Certificate for reservation (if applicable)
- Self-Attested copies of certificates / degrees
- Certificate for certifying Campus /Catchment area of the Campus.
- Check the CSSET 2017 Application Form carefully before submission with all the required fields filled properly. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Paste clear and latest photos on the CSSET 2017 Application form.
- The photographs must not be stapled on the CSSET 2017 Application Form or CSSET 2017 Identity Card or CSSET 2017 Admit Card. They must be pasted properly using a gum. Each photograph must have name and date printed on it.
- CSSET 2017 Application Form completed in all respects must reach the CSSET 2017 Co-ordinator on or before the due date by 5:30 P.M.
CSSET 2017 Admit Card
CSSET 2017 Admit Card will be sent to the candidate by post by April 15, 2017. The candidates must follow the below mentioned steps if he/she do not receive the CSSET 2017 Admit Card one week before the Examination date:
- Check the Official Website
- Find out the Roll no. and name of the Examination centre from internet
- Contact the Centre Superintendent one hour before the examination with two photographs along with the prescribed form filled.
In case the candidate has lost the CSSET 2017 Admit Card, the second copy of the CSSET 2017 Admit Card will be issued on payment of INR 50 only.
CSSET 2017 Exam Centers
The allocation of the CSSET 2017 Exam Center will be done on the basis of preference filled by the candidate in the Application Form. The candidates are required to fill the center code associated with the CSSET 2017 Exam Center . The CSSET 2017 Exam Center cannot be changed after allocation. The candidates must enter the correct center code to get the desired CSSET 2017 Exam Center. Candidates can chose from following list of CSSET 2017 Exam Centers along with their Center Codes is given below
|CSSET 2017 Exam Center||Center Code|
CSSET 2017 Exam Pattern
Duration of CSSET 2017 is 2.5 hours i.e. 10:00 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. It is a pen and paper based examination with two sections namely Part A and Part B. The medium of examination is Sanskrit. The candidates must note that the examination is conducted in two sessions i.e. different sessions for both the sections (Part A and Part B). The maximum marks for the CSSET 2017 is 200.
The candidates shall be given 10 minutes gap between the two sessions for collection of previous OMR sheets and question booklets and distribution of the new answer sheets. It is compulsory to attempt both the sections. The candidates are awarded 4 marks for every correct answer in Part A.
|CSSET Eligibility||CSSET Practice Papers|
The Part A of CSSET 2017 contains objective type questions whereas Part B contains descriptive questions. The total duration of Part A is 2 hours whereas time duration for Part B is 30 minutes. The Part A is further divided into four sections with Multiple Choice questions. Part B contains writing Sanskrit language based questions. The total weightage of Part A is 160 marks whereas Part B is for 40 marks.
The table below mentions the sub sections of both Part A with the maximum marks and number of questions in each sub-section
|Name of the Section||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||40||10|
|Proficiency in Sanskrit Language||40||10|
The following table mentions the three sub sections of Part B with maximum marks and the number of questions in each sub section:
|Name of Section||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
|Knowledge of Sanskrit linguistic Components||10||1|
OMR Sheet for CSSET 2017
A candidate is required to fill the OMR Sheet for Part A of the exam. On the Page 1 of the OMR sheet the candidate has to fill Name, Roll Number, Question Booklet number, Answer Sheet Number and Date of Birth. On page 2 the candidate has to mark the answers to the questions asked in Part A of the CSSET 2017. The instructions to fill the CSSET 2017 OMR sheet is given below.
- A candidate needs to fill his or her details in the OMR Sheet using English capital letters or numerals.
- Use Blue dot pen to fill the details in the boxes and Blue/Black pen to darken the circles in the boxes.
- Below each box, you have to darken only the matching circle using Blue/Black pen.
- Mark your answers carefully in the OMR sheet. Each multiple choice question has only one answer. Therefore, darken only one of the 4 circles with Blue/Black pen.
- Once you have marked an answer in the OMR sheet, you cannot change it any situation. That is why, it is important to avoid these kinds of mistakes.
- Candidates are not allowed to do rough work in the provided answer sheet.
- Make sure you do not mark anywhere else in the OMR Sheet except for marking details in the boxes and answers with Blue/Black pen.
- Candidates are advised to read and follow all the instructions mentioned on the Question Booklet and Admit Card.
CSSET 2017 Result and Counselling
The competent authority will publish a list of shortlisted candidates on the official website. Candidates can check their roll numbers in the list provided. CSSET 2017 Counselling process will begin from last week of July 2017. Candidates can check shortlisted candidate’s list on the official website. They will not be intimated indivdually by any means. Candidates have to carry original marksheets along with them at the counselling center.
Recommended Books for CSSET 2017
|Madhya Pradesh Sanvida Shala Shikshak Patrta Pariksha Sanskrit||Upkar Prakashan|
|Rajasthan P.S.C. Adhyapak Sanskrit Pratiyogita Pariksha||Upkar Prakashan|
|Rajasthan Adhyapak Sanskrit Pariksha||Upkar Prakashan|
Contact for Assistance