COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
COMEDK is a Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. It is run by the Associations of Medical, Dental and Engineering private colleges to determine the merit of students seeking admissions in the associated Colleges.Exam will be held on May 14, 2017, Sunday. The test will be conducted across the country at various centres.
The basic eligibility to take COMEDK is candidates should be class 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. They can check below the course wise eligibility criteria.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility for Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognised by State or Central Government.
- The candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with English as a mandatory subject, during the last 2 years of his/her curriculum.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Also, these subjects are to be passed individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- If a candidate wishes to get listed in the rank card, he/she should give an attempt of the COMEDK exam as that would be sufficient to ensure an entry into the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Exam, as the lateral entry admissions are not considered.
Note: The candidates need to submit the original marks statement of the examination during counselling as proof of their eligibility.
Till 2015 COMEDK was conducted for Medical, Dental and Engineering courses. However in 2016, As per the Supreme Court ordinance NEET is accepted as a single National test conducted for medical entrance.
Following Candidates Are Ineligible For COMEDK UGET Engineering Course
- Candidates having already passed the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent prior to 2014.
- Candidates who had already qualified earlier and were selected for an engineering seat through COMEDK UGET but were unable to join the college.
- Candidates who did not surrender the booked seat at the COMEDK level for any reasons.
- Candidates who have already joined the college so selected but did not pursue the course.
- Candidates who are already pursuing the Engineering course from any other college or institute anywhere in India.
- Candidates who have been caught attempting to be some other person or found adopting any of the malpractices earlier, including entertaining touts.
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
COMEDK UGET Eligibility For Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for getting admission to B.Arch. Course is 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects.
- A 10+3 Diploma recognised by Central/State Government will also be considered valid for admission. The candidate needs to have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in this scenario.
- Candidates need to have appeared in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks. This rule applies to both general merit and category candidates.
- No Entrance Test will be conducted for candidates who are seeking admission to B.Arch. Course.
- A separate application form needs to be submitted by the candidates seeking admission into the B.Arch. Course.
Note: The changes, if any, affected by Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), All India Counsel of Technical Education (AICTE), Vellore Technical University (VTU), Counsel Of Architecture (COA) or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted as it is.
Rank cards will be generated for only those candidates who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of MCI/DCI/AICTE/VTU.