COMEDK UGET 2017 Application form and Exam Dates
Last modified on Feb 17, 2017: COMEDK UGET 2017 application form is available online from February 13, 2017. Candidates can apply till April 20, 2017. The application fee is Rs 1200. Last year more than 20,000 applicants applied for the exam. COMEDK UGET 2017 is on May 14, 2017(Sunday) at 697 exam centers across 153 cities. More than 20,000 engineering seats are offered through COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET is a state level exam conducted for B.Tech and B.Arch admissions in Karnataka. It is conducted annually by COMEDK for merit determination for UG courses. The basic eligibility to take COMEDK is that candidate should be class 12th pass.
The question paper is based on class 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus. It is a 3-hour online test. There are 180 objective questions in the exam. Every question carries 1 mark each. There is no negative marking in the exam.
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Application form||COMEDK UGET Reservation||COMEDK Colleges||COMEDK UGET 2017 Cutoff|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Dates
COMEDK exam is on May 14, 2017. Candidates can apply online at www.comedk.org till April 20, 2017. Candidates can check important dates related to COMEDK 2017 here:
|Release of COMEDK 2017 Application form||February 13, 2017|
|Last date for form submission||April 20, 2017|
|Release of COMEDK UGET Admit card||May 5, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Date||May 14, 2017|
|Declaration of COMEDK Results||Last week of May|
|Beginning of Counselling session||June|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply online till April 20, 2017. The registration process will include the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates have to fill a Request for Application (RFA) form. On successful submission, they will be given their login details.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Candidates have to fill their personal and educational qualifications details.
Step 3:Uploading Documents
Candidates have to upload their recent size photograph and signature as per the specified dimension. They should also attach a photocopy of Date of Birth proof.
Step 4: Submit the Application Form
After submission of the application form, candidates have to send it along with demand draft of Rs 1200/- to the address mentioned below:
The Executive Secretary,
COMEDK, 132, Second Floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross Malleswaram,
Bangalore – 560055, Karnataka
Mode of Fee Payment
Candidates can remit fee both online and offline. They can pay fee via credit card, debit card or net banking. In offline mode, it can be paid through bank challan at any Axis bank branch.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility
The basic eligibility to appear for the exam is class 12th. However, candidates should also fulfil below-mentioned course wise eligibility criteria also:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- Candidate should be class 12th pass.They must have studied Physics and Mathematics as main subjects along with Chemistry or Biology or Bio-Technology or Electronics Computer Science as one of the optional subjects in class 11 and 12
- General category candidates must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and passed these subjects individually as well. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST Category students. Note that diploma pass candidates are not eligible to take COMEDK Exam. Also, there are no lateral admissions allowed.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch
- Candidate should be class 12th pass with mathematics as one of the subject OR
- Candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma from a recognized by state or central government.
- Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka state.
For B.Arch, there is no entrance test. However, interested candidates have to appear for NATA and should obtain a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both open and reserved Category.
COMEDK 2017 Official Notification
COMEDK has released official notification for COMEDK UGET 2017. Exam is scheduled on May 14, 2017. According to KUPECA reports, around 150 engineering colleges are participating in COMEDK 2017.
The basic eligibility is class 12th. Application form will be available from second week of February. Note that Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET.
COMEDK 2017 Exam Highlights
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Application form is available on the official website. Candidates can apply till April 20, 2017.
- Around 187 colleges are participating in COMEDK UGET offering 29 specializations in B.Tech.
- For MBBS and BDS courses NEET score will be accepted.
- COMEDK Exam is on May 14, 2017. It is an online test based on class 12th science stream syllabus.
- COMEDK Results are expected in the first week of June. Candidates can check their results on official website www.comedk.org. The centralised counselling will be held in Bangalore. Read more about COMEDK Seat Allotment.
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
Around 160 engineering colleges and 150 medical/dental colleges grant admission on the basis of COMEDK exam. For B.Tech and B.Arch admission, COMEDK Score is considered while MBBS and BDS admissions are done on the basis of NEET score. For COMEDK seat allotment, a centralised counselling process is conducted.
About COMEDK 2018
COMEDK UGET 2018 is in the month of May (next year). The application process will begin in the second week of February. COMEDK conducts the exam every year for B.Tech admissions in Karnataka. For MBBS and BDS admissions, NEET 2018 score will be considered. The salient features of COMEDK 2018 are:
- COMEDK UGET 2018 official notification will be released in February next year.
- It will be conducted for B.Tech admissions only. For MBBS/BDS candidates have to take NEET 2018. NATA Score will be used for B.Arch admissions.
- Around 150 engineering seats in Karnataka will be filled on the basis of COMEDK 2018.
- COMEDK Application form will be available in the second week of February. Candidates can apply online at www.comedk.org.
As of now, there is no official notification about COMEDK UGET 2018. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep checking www.comedk.org for updates on COMEDK Exam.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Pattern
COMEDK Exam is based on class 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus and conducted in online mode. The major highlights of exam pattern are:
- It is a computer based test.
- Duration is 3 hours.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is given.
- The question paper comprises 3 sections with the following weightage
|Subject||Number of Questions|
One of the major advantages of taking COMEDK is that there is no negative marking. So candidates can get the benefit of doubt in the exam. Aspiring candidates can check COMEDK UGET 2017 Syllabus for preparation.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock Tests
COMEDK UGET Mock Test assists in performing well in the exam. The key to a good rank and score in the COMEDK UGET exam is not just learning the syllabus by heart but attempting the test in a strategic manner. The mock tests will help a candidate to grasp the format of the exam and prepare their strategies accordingly. COMEDK UGET mock tests will also allow a candidate to evaluate their preparation and determine their projected ranking in the merit list.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Results
The result of COMEDK UGET 2017 is expected to be declared on May 30, 2017 (expected). Candidates, who appeared in the entrance exam can check their result on www.comedk.org. COMEDK Result will be declared in two phases (Phase 1 and Phase 2). In Phase 1, Test Scores are announced, and in Phase 2, Rank List is released.
Prior to this, final answer keys will be made available on the official website on May 26, 2017. Admission to the various Engineering & Medical colleges affiliated to COMEDK is done on the basis of the COMEDK Results prepared on the basis of these answer keys.
Phase 1- COMEDK UGET 2017 Result
To check the COMEDK UGET 2017 Result along with Test Scores and Rank Card
- Open the COMEDK 2017 official website.
- Now log in by using COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Number and Date of Birth
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Result i.e. (final Merit List) will appear.
- Take printout for future use
|COMEDK Seat Allotment||COMEDK UGET Seat Intake||COMEDK UGET Cutoff|
Phase 2- COMEDK UGET 2017 Rank List
COMEDK UGET Rank List will be published on June 08, 2017. Candidates can check the online Rank Card of COMEDK 2017 on www.comedk.org.
The online Rank Card without any of the below mentioned details will not be valid.
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Application number
- Registration number
- Candidate’s Name (as mentioned in COMEDK UGET 2017 application form).
- Candidate’s Postal address and contact details (as mentioned in the COMEDK UGET application form).
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form) with digital signature of COMEDK Authority
- Date of Birth and Category.
- Unique photo ID proof details
- COMEDK UGET 2017 Test Score and Rank
COMEDK UGET 2017 Merit List
COMEDK Merit list is published on the official website post declaration of COMEDK Results. Initially, a provisional merit list is published in the month of August. Candidates are given time to address all the queries related to the list. After that final merit list is issued around September. The list is created on the basis of Candidates’ performance in COMEDK 2018.
COMEDK Medical Merit List- The merit list for MBBS and BDS courses will be published on the basis of NEET 2017 Score. It is created on the basis candidate’s rank and preference. The provisional list will be released on August 8, 2017(tentatively). Candidates can check their rank on the official website under applicant login.
Read More About COMEDK Merit List
COMEDK UGET 2017 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment process will begin in July. Prior commencement of seat allotment, a live seat allotment is conducted. Candidates can check the availability of seats in it. For medical and dental seat allotment NEET score will be considered. Read About COMEDK Seat Allotment
COMEDK UGET 2017 Cutoff
The COMEDK UGET 2017 cutoff is based on various factors such as number of applicants, availability of seats and difficulty level in the entrance examination. Candidates can check the previous year cutoff of some of the medical and dental colleges of COMEDK is given in the table below.
COMEDK 2016 Engineering Cutoff
|College Name||Closing Rank|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||41312|
|SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad||40689|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||41912|
|St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore||42920|
|Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore||42861|
|Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga||42944|
|SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad||42616|
|Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysore||42754|
|Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore||42729|
|CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore||39285|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling
COMEDK Counselling is a single window centralised counselling. Post declaration of results candidates have to register separately to participate in seat allotment process. The process will include following steps:-
1. Document Verification- The candidates appearing in the COMEDK UGET 2017 counselling must verify their document at the counter. Candidates must carry the attested photo copies of the documents. A crossed Demand Draft for Rs 50,000/- drawn on any nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore.
2. Registration: Candidates have to register online for counselling. They have to carry the registration slip to counselling venue.
3. Choice Filling: In this step, candidates have to fill their choices based on the seats available as per their COMEDK UGET 2017 rank.
4. Seat Allotment: In this round, A confirmed COMEDK UGET 2017 Seat Allotment letter will be issued to the candidate. Candidates can confirm their seat allotment of COMEDK UGET 2017 by paying Rs. 50000/- through the DD.
5. Reporting and Admission: In this step of COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling Procedure, candidate will have to report to the allotted college with COMEDK UGET 2017 seat allotment letter for admission and complete the formalities
COMEDK UGET 2017 Contact Details
Candidates can refer to the following address in case of any queries related to the COMEDK Exam. The official website will be live next month
COMEDK Contact number: 1800-103-6182
Official website: www.comedk.org