CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test) 2017 is scheduled for May 14, 2017. Candidates appearing in CLAT 2017 for PG Programme are eligible to apply for recruitment with PSUs. There are 6 Public Sector Units (PSUs) who have signed MoU with CLAT for hiring candidates on the basis of CLAT 2017 score. Aspirants can apply for the positions of Executive Trainee in PSUs. Those with a prior experience of 2-3 years can also apply for the post of Law Officers and Assistant Legal Advisors. All the participating PSUs will have their own application process and subsequent rounds of interviews & special tests.
Read More: CLAT Form
Candidates who have applied for PG Programme through CLAT 2017 and are interested in taking up a job with PSUs, have to apply individually for all the PSUs. On the basis of CLAT score and merit list rank, candidates will be called for interviews and special tests, provided they fulfil other eligibility criterion prescribed by the PSUs in their official notifications. The list of PSUs who have signed a MoU with CLAT 2017 is mentioned below:
PSUs hiring through CLAT 2017
PSU Companies hiring through CLAT 2017 are OIL (Oil India Limited), ONGC(Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited), GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited), IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited), NTPC(National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) and PGCIL(Power Grid Corporation of India Limited).
The official and final dates to apply for various posts will be released soon. OIL has already released a notification regarding a job opening for the post of Legal/ Land Officers. The following article gives the details of various job positions that are possible to open in coming months. Candidates will be shortlisted for various PSUs recruitment on the basis of their CLAT result. The details regarding the PSU recruitment are provided below for reference.
Read More:CLAT Eligibility
OIL Recruitment through CLAT 2017
Oil India Limited, a Navratna Public Sector Undertaking is a pioneer national upstream Oil and Gas Company. It has recently released a notification inviting candidates for the post of Legal/ Land Officers. Interested candidates can go through the following article to know about minimum requirement for the post.
Eligibility for OIL Recruitment 2017
Aspirants who are appearing in CLAT 2017 for PG courses and looking to secure a job in OIL through CLAT must satisfy the following eligibility criteria before applying.
- Academic Qualification: Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in LLB or equivalent of minimum 03/05 years duration recognised by UGC/AICTE and Bar Council of India. The students in their final year/semester students are also eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: The criteria varies as per the category of the candidate. Candidates who are 29 and above can apply for the post.
- Selection Process: Whosoever clears the health standards by the OIL Medical Board are eligible for the post.
Read More: Oil India Limited recruitment through CLAT 2017
ONGC Recruitment through CLAT 2017
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited(ONGC) have invited applications for the post of Assistant Legal Advisors through CLAT exam conducted for LLM. There are 10 vacancies in total – 08 posts under Unreserved category and 02 posts reserved for OBC Category. Apart from this, 02 posts are reserved under PwD – VH category, including one backlog post in VH category from 2015. The pay scale is for this post is in the grade of Rs.24900-50500/- along with other allowances and 3% annual increment. Candidates can check the details regarding the eligibility criterion, application procedure and selection process for this post mentioned below.
Eligibility for ONGC Recruitment 2017
Aspirants who are appearing in CLAT 2017 for post graduate courses and looking to secure a job in ONGC through CLAT must satisfy the following eligibility criteria before applying. Candidates are advised to read all the details carefully before applying.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess a Graduate degree in Law with at least 60% marks. Some of the key points related to educational qualifications are indicated below:
- The University/institution, from where the qualifying degree (regular mode) is obtained, must be recognized by the authorized statutory bodies like AIU, UGC, AICTE, etc.
- Those studying in the final semester of the graduation course and appearing for CLAT 2017 are also eligible to apply. But, they will be required to provide the mark sheet and course completion certificate with the specified percentage of marks at the time of Interview.
- In those cases, where CGPA/OGPA/CPI/DGPA or letter grade in degree is awarded, the equivalent percentage of marks should be also provided on the application. The calculation of percentage would done on the basis of institution/university rules from where candidate is pursuing the qualifying course. Applicants must also procure a certificate from the concerned University/institution to validate this and submit it at the time of interview.
- Age: The age limit for candidates who are applying for the post of Assistant Legal Advisor in ONGC is indicated in the table below. The table provides age limit for candidates who are seeking age relaxation under different quotas:
Age Limit as on 01/01/2017
|Category of Posts||Age Limit|
|General, SC/ST||30 years|
|Persons with Disabilities||40 years (43 years in case of OBC-PwD candidates)|
|Departmental Candidates||To the extent of their service rendered in ONGC|
|Ex-Service men||35 years|
- Professional Experience: The candidates with 3 years of prior experience as practicing advocates (in all categories) would be preferred for the post of Assistant Legal Advisor.
- Reservation: Candidates who wish to avail the reservation and apply for posts under OBC category, must ensure that the name of their caste and community appears in the ‘Central list of Other Backward Classes’ available on the official website of National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Govt. of India. They are required to submit the caste certificate in the prescribed proforma at the time of interview. The prescribed format for caste certificate is available on www.ongcindia.com for downloading.
Read More: CLAT Syllabus
ONGC Recruitment 2017 Registration
Candidates should first register and appear for CLAT 2017 exam for LLM to be conducted on May 7, 2017. They must also fill the online application for ONGC recruitment 2017 on the official website with the help of CLAT 2017 registration number. The official link would be available on the ONGC website in May-2017. Candidates are advised to visit the official website regularly for any updates. They must enter the details like name exactly as they had entered during CLAT registration procedure. The documents like registration slip of CLAT 2017 should be kept safely by the candidate for future reference.
ONGC Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
The candidates meeting the eligibility criteria as prescribed by ONGC and appearing for CLAT 2017 exam conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala for obtaining admission in post graduate (LLM) courses would be considered for selection to the post of Assistant Legal Advisor.
- Applicants will be short listed for personal interview and other process on the basis of CLAT 2017 score for LLM. The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2017 score would be decided by the ONGC management.
- The final selection would be based on the score obtained by candidates in CLAT 2017 for LLM, educational qualification (additional inline higher qualification) and performance in personal interview.
- The score of candidates from CLAT 2017 would be considered only for purpose of recruitment. CLAT scores of previous years are not valid for the purpose of recruitment.
- Department candidates are eligible for preference during the process of selection.
- ONGC will carry out a through screening of original documents for those candidates who have qualified in the interview.
- Selected candidates would be appointed only if they pass the Company’s Medical Examination as per the rules laid down by ONGC.
- Those employed in PSUs and Government departments are required to produce a No Objection Certificate at the time of interview.
Read More About Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
NTPC Recruitment through CLAT 2017
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) is inviting applications for the post of experienced Law Officers through CLAT 2017. There are 11 vacancies in this total- 04 posts under unreserved category, 04 posts under OBC category and 03 posts under SC category. The pay scale is under the grade Rs.20600-46500. The selected candidates will be posted in one of the NTPC projects/stations/JVs/subsidiaries in Vindhyachal, Kudgi, Singrauli, etc. The details regarding eligibility, application process and selection process are provided below.
Eligibility for NTPC Recruitment 2016
Candidates appearing in CLAT exam for LLM course and planning to apply for the post of Law Officers in NTPC should satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) and should have secured 60% marks. For SC/PwD candidates, the qualifying marks is relaxed to 55%. Those with 5 year integrated law degree shall be given be given due preference. All the candidates should be registered with Bar Council.
- Age: The upper age limit for general candidates is 30 years as on the last date of registration i.e., May 09, 2016. For other categories, the upper age limit is following:
- SC – 35 years
- OBC-NCL – 33 years
- PwD General – 40 years
- PwD-OBC – 43 years
- PwD-SC – 45 years
- J & K Migrants (domiciled between 01.01.80 to 31.12.89) – 35 years
- Ex-Serviceman (XSM) – as per Govt. of India norms
- Professional Experience: Candidates should have at least 2 years of full time experience in the field of law. They should have practiced/worked at Bars, law firms or undertaken legal works for public/private enterprises or with Central/State Government. Internship during LLB program would not be considered as work experience.
- Reservation: Reservation or relaxation would be provided only for age limit criteria and qualifying percentage. There is no relaxation for minimum service requirement. The details for relaxation is provided below:
- All the reservations and relaxations are provided as per Govt. of India norms for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/XSM/PwD category. Relaxation would be applicable for all vacancies provided under SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PwD category.
- The degree of disability of PwD candidates should not be less than 40%. The type of disabilities classified under PwD category are – OL (One Leg), OA (One Arm), BL (Both Legs), OAL (One Arm and One Leg), B(Blind) and LV (low vision).
- OBC candidates falling under “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for any relaxation applicable for OBC category. They should choose their category as General during registration.
- Candidates will not be allowed to change their categories after they have submitted the online application form.
- Registration fee will not be charged from SC/ST/PwD/XSM category during online submission of application for NTPC 2017 recruitment.
NTPC Recruitment 2017 Registration
The candidates aspiring to join NTPC as Law Officers through CLAT 2017 should follow the steps below to complete the online registration process:
- Candidates who have registered for CLAT 2017 online examination for Post Graduate programs, should apply online at www.ntpcareers.net for the post of law officers. The application process commences on April 19, 2017 and end on May 9, 2017. Candidates will be required to use their CLAT 2017 registration number as mentioned on the registration slip or admit card.
- The next step is payment of registration fee. Candidates who belong to General/OBC category should pay Rs.300/- as registration fee. Applicants from other categories are exempted from paying the registration fee.
- The fee will be remitted through pay-in-slip at SBI branches only. Candidates should download and take a print out of pay-in-slip from the official portal. The fee should be deposited at a nearby SBI branch.
- The bank will issue a journal number and a branch code of the bank collecting fee. These are to be filled by the candidate during online registration. The fee is non-refundable at any case.
- Candidate is required to download the registration slip with unique registration number after completing the registration at the online portal of NTPC. This should be retained by the candidate for future reference.
NTPC Recruitment 2017 Selection
All the candidates who have appeared in CLAT 2017 for LLM course and have applied on the NTPC website for the post of Law Officers, can be considered for further selection process if their name is short listed. Candidates will be short listed on the basis of their CLAT 2017 scores for interview. The important highlights are mentioned below:
- Candidates should appear for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2017) for Post Graduate Program.
- Indian Nationals are only eligible to apply.
- The scores of CLAT 2017 will be only accepted for the purpose of recruitment. CLAT scores of previous years are not valid for recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to carry the original CLAT score card issued by CLAT Organizing Committee at the time of interview.
- Candidature of an applicant can be cancelled in case of any shortcoming or false information during the entire recruitment process.
- Email ID filled during application procedure should remain valid for minimum one year as all the official communication by NTPC would be sent on it. There is no provision for making any changes or modifications in the registered email address.
- All the details should exactly match with the particulars entered during CLAT registration.
- Last date for registration i.e., May 08, 2017 is taken as the final cut-off date for calculating the age, experience and educational qualification.
- Selected candidates will be required to go through the medical examination conducted by the NTPC Medical Board before joining.
Read More About National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
IOCL Recruitment through CLAT 2017
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has published notification for recruiting Experienced Law Officers through the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2016) for Post Graduate Program. There are 18 vacancies in total. Candidates could be asked to join in any region of India depending upon the requirement of Indian Oil. The pay-scale for selected candidates is Rs.24900/- as basic pay. They will be also entitled for other allowances and benefits like Dearness allowance (DA), HRA, medical facilities, leave travel concession (LTC), etc. Selected candidates will have to execute a service bond with the Corporation to serve for a minimum period of 3 years from date of Joining. The bond amount for General category candidates is Rs.300000/- and Rs.50000/- for SC/ST/OBC and PwD candidates. The details regarding eligibility, application procedure and selection process is given below.
Eligibility for IOC recruitment 2017
The candidates who aspire to join the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) as Law Officer through the CLAT 2017 exam for Post Graduate Programs should fulfill the following eligibility criteria before joining.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination and must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB or equivalent – full time degree course) from recognized Indian Universities/Institutes. Some of the key details regarding educational qualification is provided below.
- Those who are applying under General/OBC category should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying exam. For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the qualifying marks is relaxed to a minimum of 55%.
- The Qualifying degree should be recognized by the Bar Council.
- Candidates will have to obtain a separate certificate from the University/institution from where they have passed the qualifying examination, if that University/Institution follows a system of awarding Letter Grade or Point Scale for evaluation. The certificate should clearly establish the relationship between the Letter Grade (or Point Scale) with percentage of marks. Candidates should submit it at the time of interview.
- Age: The upper age limit for General Category candidates is 30 years, as on June 30, 2017. The relaxation in age limit for candidates from reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC-NCL and PwD) will be as per the Presidential Directive.
- SC – 35 years
- OBC-NCL – 33 years
- J & K Migrants (domiciled between 01.01.80 to 31.12.89) – 35 years
- Ex-Serviceman (XSM) – 35 years
- Professional Experience: Candidates should have a prior work experience of at least 2 years in the field of law, as on June 30, 2017. They will be required to produce documents of work experience in the field of law, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. They should carry both the originals as well as the attested photocopies.
- Those who are practicing at the Bar or working with Law Firms must provide following documents: Certificate of award of Degree, Copy of the registration certificate with the Bar Council and Experience certificate issued by solicitor/ advocate / Law Firm / Bar Association as applicable.
- Those undertaking legal work under employment with Private/ Public Organizations or with Central/ State Governments will submit following documents: Certificate of award of Degree and Experience Certificate from the Employer.
- Internships during continuation of LLB are not valid for the purpose of calculating work experience.
- Reservation: The posts for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates will be reserved as per the Govt. of India guidelines.
- Candidates seeking relaxation under OBC-NCL category must ensure that the name of their caste and community appears in the, “Central list of other backward Classes”.
- OBC candidates should not belong to Creamy Layer.
- Candidates should produce the valid OBC certificate in the format prescribed by Govt. of India.
- The degree of disability for PwD candidates should not be less than 40%.
IOC Recruitment 2017 Registration
Candidates planning to apply for the post of Law Officers in IOC should first apply for CLAT 2017 for Post Graduate Programs. They should apply on-line to Indian Oil after the receipt of CLAT-2016 application number, roll number and the control number. The link would be provided at the ‘People & Career’ link of Indian Oil’s official website from April 18, 2017 onwards. Candidates don’t need to pay separate application fee for applying to Indian Oil. The process is mentioned below.
- Candidates should apply through the appropriate on-line application link before May 16, 2017, and provide all the necessary information like CLAT 2017 application number, roll number and control number (as mentioned in the CLAT 2017 Admit Card) precisely in the on-line application form.
- Candidates should possess all the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. before filling-in the on-line application.
- They must upload their recent photograph and signature during on-line application process. Both of them should be same as provided in the CLAT 2016 application form.
- Candidate should submit the online application form after filling all the details by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. On successful submission, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed form.
- Candidate must take a print out of the completed application form and keep it safely for future reference.
IOC Recruitment 2017 Selection
Candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria and qualify on the basis of their CLAT 2017 score will be shortlisted for further selection process that will include: Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Candidates who will qualify through all stages of selection process shall be considered for selection only.
- The shortlisted candidates will report for GD/GT and Interview with the printed On-line application form from IOC’s website, CLAT 2017 admit card/ hall ticket and CLAT 2017 official score card.
- Those who are currently working with Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies are required to obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer and submit it at the time of interview.
- Candidates should go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before applying to IOC. The guidelines for medical fitness is provided on the official website.
- All candidates must provide their valid email id and mobile number during application process. Applicants will receive SMS from IOC regarding their selection/short listing status. The email id must remain valid for a minimum of next one year as all the official correspondence will be communicated to this email address. Any modification in email id or mobile number would not be possible after final submission of application form.
- The selected candidates need to submit a clear release order from their previous employer, failing which the joining would not be possible.
Read More About Indian Oil Corporation
PGCIL Recruitment through CLAT 2016
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited is hiring Executive Trainee (Law) through CLAT exam for Post Graduate Program. There are total 8 vacancies – 05 posts under UR category, 01 post each under OBC-NCL, SC and ST categories. 1 post is reserved under PwD-Visually Handicapped category. The selected candidates during the 1 year training period will get a salary package under the pay scale of Rs.24900-50500. The tentative CTC during training is Rs.8.15 lakhs while on regularization post training, it will increase to Rs.14.44 lakhs. The candidates shortlisted for selection will have to sign a service agreement bond for which General/OBC-NCL candidates are required to pay Rs.100000/- and SC/ST/PwD candidates are required to pay Rs.50000/-. The bond requires the candidate to complete the training successfully, and thereafter serve PGCIL for a minimum period of three years.
Eligibility for PGCIL recruitment 2017
The candidates who are appearing for the CLAT 2017 exam for Post Graduate/LLM Program and willing to join PGCIL as Executive Trainee (Law) are required to fulfil the following eligibility criterion before applying.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed 3 years full time LLB or 5 year integrated law course to be eligible for the post of Executive Trainee. The key points regarding educational qualification are provided below.
- Candidates from General/OBC-NCL category should have secured a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying examination. The qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 50% and for PwD candidates is 55%.
- Students who are studying in the final year/semester of the qualifying course are also eligible to apply, provided that they are able to produce their results by August 14, 2017 and have secured at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for all semesters till pre- final examination at the point of filling application form.
- The conversion of CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma into percentage of marks will be done as per the norms of University/institute from where the candidate has passed the qualifying examination. It is mandatory for candidates to indicate the percentage of marks in the online-application converted from grades/CGPA with help of University/institute certified process. In case any official process is not prescribed than equivalence will be calculated by dividing the CGPA obtained by the candidate with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Age: The upper age limit for candidates from General category is 28 years, as on December 31, 2017. For candidates from other categories, the age limit is provided below:
- OBC-NCL – 31 years
- SC/ST – 33 years
- PwD – 38 years for PwD-Gen; 41 years for PwD-OBC-NCL; 43 years for PwD-SC/ST
- J & K migrants/Ex-servicemen/Victims of Riots – As per Govt. of India Directives
- Reservation: The relaxation for candidates from reserved categories will be admissible as per the Govt. of India Directives.
- Candidates availing relaxation under J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots should submit Domicile/Discharge certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of interview.
- Those applying under SC/ST should submit a copy of certificate SC/ST certificate issued by a competent authority at the time of interview. Candidates applying under OBC-NCL category have to submit a copy of OBC-NCL certificate along with NCL declaration in the prescribed format of Govt. of India.
- Those seeking relaxation under Persons with Disability category should submit Disability Certificate issued by a Government Medical Board in the format prescribed by Govt. of India.
- The level of disability should not be below 40% for PwD candidates to be eligible for relaxation. PwD categories are further subdivided into OH (Orthopedically Handicapped-OL/ BL/ OAL) and VH (Visually Handicapped- B/ LV).
- PGCIL Departmental candidates are also eligible for relaxation. There is no Upper age limit and qualifying marks is 55% for UR/OBC - NCL/PwD(VH). Distance/Part time degree from a recognized Institute/University.
NOTE: Indian nationals above 18 years of age are only eligible to apply for PGCIL.
PGCIL Recruitment 2017 Registration
Candidates are required to register and appear in CLAT 2017 for Post Graduate Program.
- The candidates can apply thereafter at PGCIL website fromMay 1, 2017 to May 22, 2017 with CLAT 2017 Application No., CLAT 2017 Control Number and CLAT Roll Number. The link would be provided at CARRER-Job section on the official website.
- There is no application fee for applying to PGCIL.
- All the information pertaining to recruitment process will be available in the career section of PGCIL website. Candidates should regularly visit this section for any updates on the recruitment process.
PGCIL Recruitment 2017 Selection
The candidates have to first appear for the CLAT 2017 exam for Post Graduate course in order to be considered for the selection process. Those who obtain minimum qualifying marks will be considered for further stages of selection. The minimum qualifying marks would be decided by the CLAT Authorities. In case, there is no prescribed qualifying cut off set by CLAT Authorities than the qualifying marks for UR category would be 40% and 30% for Reserved categories, for the purpose of POWEGRID recruitment 2017. The important highlights of selection process are mentioned below:
- Candidates will be shortlisted category-wise for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their CLAT 2017 (for PG) exam score. They can appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview either in Hindi or in English.
- All the shortlisted candidates are required to carry all the necessary documents for Group Discussion and Personal Interview as mentioned in the official communication sent through email.
- Candidates should produce the CLAT 2017 Admit Card/Hall ticket for verification at the time of GD/interview/joining.
- The qualifying marks for Interview is as following – 40% for Unreserved and 30% for OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PwD-VH. There is no qualifying marks for Group Discussion.
- The final weightage for empanelment is as following: 85% for marks scored in CLAT 2016 exam for Post Graduate/LLM course, 3% for Group discussion and 12% for personal interview.
- Only those who qualify in Personal Interview will be shortlisted for empanelment.
- Offer of Appointment is going to be issued on the basis of requirement and in order of category wise merit to selected candidates.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo the Pre-Employment Medical Examination before joining.
- Candidates should have an active email mail id which should remain valid for a minimum of one year since all official correspondence will be done through email id only.
- Those employed with Govt. organizations or PSUs should obtain “No Objection Certificate” from their employer and produce it at the time of Interview.
Read More About Power Grid Corporation of India Limited