CLAT Counselling will be conducted after the announcement of results. As per the official notification, CLAT Result has released at the official website on May 29, 2017. Post result declaration, NLU has released their merit lists on June 1, 2017.
- The admission to UG and PG Programs in participating universities under CLAT 2017 will be done through centralized counselling conducted by CLAT office.
- Based on these merit lists counselling procedure is scheduled from June 1, 2017 till June 10, 2017.
- Candidates have to deposit INR 50,000 for securing allotted seat during counselling procedure.
Read More:CLAT Seat Allotment
CLAT 2017 Counselling Dates
CLAT Counselling Process is expected to start from first week of June 2017. The Counselling Process is held in 3 rounds. The following table depicts the important dates for CLAT Counselling-
Counselling Dates and Admission Procedure
|First Seat Allocation List Publish||June 05, 2017||Monday|
|Payment of Counselling (INR 50,000) (1st list of candidates)||June 06 – June 08, 2017||Tuesday to Thursday|
|Second Seat Allotment List Publish||June 12, 2017||Monday|
|Payment of Counselling (INR 50,000) (2nd list of candidates)||June 13 – June 14, 2017||Tuesday to Wednesday|
|Third Seat Allotment List Publish||June 19, 2017||Monday|
|Payment of Counselling (INR 50,000) (3rd list of candidates)||June 20 – June 21, 2017||Tuesday – Wednesday|
|Fourth Seat Allotment List Publish & Payment||June 24, 2017||Saturday|
|Complete the Admission Formalities||June 28 – 30, 2017||Wednesday – Friday|
|Admission Status by NLUs||July 04, 2017||Tuesday|
|Closure date of CLAT 2017 Admission Process||July 06, 2017||Thursday|
Latest Law Application Forms
CLAT 2017 Stepwise Process
CLAT counselling will be conducted by CLAT office through centralized counselling for taking admissions in CLAT Participating institutions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit-cum-preference. It means the seat allotment will be based on CLAT score secured by candidate and order of preference filled by them in CLAT form. The counselling procedure will begin online after CLAT result is declared. The procedure will follow the schedule as given in the CLAT calendar available on CLAT website.
After declaration of results, CLAT office adopts stepwise procedure for admissions:
The stepwise procedure which shall be adopted by CLAT office after declaration of result for admission is as follows:
Step1: Publication of first indicative list based on merit cum preference
Based on merit-cum-preference, the university-wise first indicative list will be published on CLAT website.
Step 2: Counselling fee payment and option available to exercise by provisionally selected candidates
This step is further divided into sub-steps as given below:
- In counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of candidates from various categories against actual number of seats available with participating NLUs.
- The requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000/- must be deposited by provisionally selected candidates.
- The adjustable fee deposited with CLAT office will be transferred to the participating NLU in which the candidate has taken admission after completion of admission process.
- In case candidates fail to deposit the requisite counselling fee within specified time frame through the CLAT website, they will lose their right to consideration for admission under CLAT 2017. Besides, their names will be dropped from the merit list of CLAT 2017.
- After payment of counselling fee, the candidates have to reserve their seats in the procedure prescribed by CLAT-2017 website in counselling guidelines.
Also Check CLAT 2017 CLOSING RANKS AS PER FIRST CUT OFF LIST
Documents required for CLAT Counselling
Students secured the name in the CLAT 2017 merit list need to carry the following documents at the time of CLAT Counselling.
- Admit Card of CLAT 2017
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Original Documents of class 12th certificates
- DOB certificate or its proof
- Original certificates for SC/ST/OBC/BC/EBC and PWD etc. candidates
- Current passport size photographs
Step 3: Publication of the second list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates
Further sub steps are as follows:
- A second list will be published by CLAT office of candidates who have paid counselling fee and reserved seat on participating NLUs.
- In the second list, CLAT will also release a waitlist of candidates selected provisionally against dropped out candidates, if any.
- Within the prescribed time period as per CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000/- is required to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of INR 10,000/-.
- The entire amount of counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after stipulated period.
STEP 4: Publication of third list allotting seats to candidates
- A comprehensive third allotment list of candidates will be published by CLAT office. The candidates who paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- This list will include the candidates who have paid the counselling fee against the first and second indicative list.
- With the third allotment list, A list of waitlisted candidates, who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, will also be released.
- Within the prescribed time period as per CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of is required to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
STEP 5: Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs
- The candidates need to approach allotted NLU to deposit the balance amount towards admission and other fee.
- During the scheduled time frame prescribed in CLAT 2017 calendar, the candidates need to carry relevant certificates/documents in original issue issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates
- Respective universities check certificates in original at the time of their admission.
- No admission in participating NLUS will be allowed to the candidates failing to produce required certificates/documents in original or meet the eligibility requirements.
- The relevant and authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities are required to be obtained and produced during admission in the concerned NLU by the candidates seeking admission under various categories specially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/Specially abled person/DFF/NRI and the unreserved category candidates seeking admission under state domicile category.
- After publication of CLAT merit list, the claim for admission and entire amount of the counselling fee of INR 50,000/-is forfeited of the candidates who fail to report at the allotted NLU.
CLAT 2017 Participating Institutes
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National law University, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Basis of Allotment of Seats
The seat allotment process of CLAT 2017 will begin on June 01, 2017. The basis of allotment of seats in CLAT 2017 is a merit-cum-preference list. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of score secured by candidates in CLAT 2017.
The preference list of institutes is given in application form. It is mandatory for the candidates to indicate their preferences along with the application form. Based on merit list and preference list, first seat allotment list of CLAT 2017 will be announced by counselling committee.
Check More Details CLAT PARTICIPATING COLLEGES
CLAT Centralized Counselling
- CLAT 2017 counselling will be conducted by CLAT office through centralized counselling for taking admissions in participating institutions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Candidates having their names on the first list need to deposit the counselling fee within stipulated time.
- After payment of the fee, the CLAT counselling committee will issue seats for the second allotment.
- In the second round of allotment, candidates get an option to lock, withdraw or upgrade their choice.
- In case a candidate doesn’t exercise any option, it will be assumed by default as an upgrade option.
- Candidates having allotted seats as a result of the vacant seats arising out in the first round need to remit the prescribe counselling fee against the seat allotted to them.
- After remittance of prescribed counselling fee within specified time frame, counselling committee will declare a third allotment list of based on seats vacancy.
- Those candidates to whom the seats have been allotted need to remit the prescribed counselling fee within stipulated time frame.
- In case of any failure to do so by a candidate, their seats will be transferred to next round of counselling as vacant ones.
- Considering the seat vacancy after the third round of counselling, a fourth and final round of counselling is held.
- In this round, there is no option to upgrade the seats. The category-wise list of wait-listing candidates will be issued by counselling committee after each round of seat allotment till the third round.
- A complete refund will be made to candidates to whom seats have not been allotted due to non-availability of vacant seats in any of the rounds.
- Candidates, to whom seats have been allotted, need to remit the balance fee and submit the original certificates to the respective NLU by reporting there. In case of non report, the respective NLU will follow their own procedure to fill seats.
If a candidate withdraws from admission process within stipulated time, the amount after making certain deduction will be refunded to them by counselling committee.
CLAT Counselling Fee
CLAT Counselling Fee is required be paid at different stages of allotment. The amount to be remitted as counselling fee is INR 50000/-.
Other Admission Related Formalities
The admission related formalities post-counselling procedure are as follows:
- After counselling procedure, the candidates need to report at the respective NLU.
- The balance fee is required to be submitted by the candidates.
- The original certificates are required to be submitted at respective NLU.
- NLU will follow their own procedure to fill the vacant seats in case of non-report by any candidate within the stipulated time.
CLAT Counselling – Tie Breaker
CLAT 2017 Tie-Breaking for UG: There is a procedure for tie-breaking if the scores of two candidates or more than two candidates are equal. It will be done on the basis of conditions mentioned below in the order of their applicability:
- First, the tie will be decided on the basis of marks scored in the legal aptitude section of CLAT 2017. The candidate with better score will move ahead in the merit list
- In case the tie is not decided on the basis of first condition then the candidate with higher age will be placed higher on the merit list
- If both the above-mentioned conditions are not successful in breaking the tie then the decision will be made on the basis of computerized draw
CLAT 2017 Tie-Breaking for PG: CLAT committee will follow a tie-breaking process to decide merit list in case the scores of two or more than two participants are equal. The tie will be decided on the basis of following criterion in order of applicability:
- The tie will be first decided on the basis of age. Candidate with higher age will be ranked higher on the merit list
- In case, the tie is not decided by age criterion then the computerized draw will be used to break the tie.