CLAT Admission Procedure 2017 will commence in June 2017. Post declaration of result, CLAT Admission Procedure will commence in 18 National Law Universities (NLUs). For academic session 2017-18, CNLU Patna conducted CLAT examination on May 14, 2017. Candidates should note that CLAT Committee will hold the admission procedure.
- CLAT Admission Procedure will be completed via online centralised counselling.
- The basis of seat allotment shall be ‘merit-cum-preference.’ This means CLAT Rank and order of preference given in CLAT application form will form the basis of allocation of seat in NLU.
- CLAT Counselling will begin post declaration of CLAT Result 2017
Note:The authorities has released CLAT Admission Procedure and Counselling Schedule at clat.ac.in. Check Here CLAT Counselling
The following article consists stepwise process of CLAT Admission Procedure.
CLAT Admission Procedure
The whole admission process of CLAT is conducted through online mode. It will be a centralised counselling conducted by CLAT Office. NLUs will follow a step-wise CLAT admission procedure which is as follows:
STEP 1: Publication of first indicative list based on merit cum preference
University-wise 1st Indicative List based on merit-cum-preference published on June 05, 2017. Candidates can check the list by visiting CLAT Official Website i.e. clat.ac.in. The list will be released according to the university.
STEP 2: Payment of counselling fee and exercising of option by provisionally selected candidates
This step is available from June 06, 2017 to June 08, 2017. Listed below is the information regarding what all needs to be done in the following step:
- A specified number of candidates are allowed to participate in CLAT counselling process. This allotment is done against the actual number of seats available in participating NLUs.
- Candidates who are provisionally selected must opt to ‘Lock’ the allotted university or ‘Shifting’ to shift to another university. All candidates who wish to exercise either of these options need to pay a sum of INR 50,000 as their part payment of the admission fee.
Note: Candidates who choose ‘default’ will be considered as lock and they will not be given any further chance to shift to another university.
- LOCK: Candidates wishing to lock the universities they have been allotted must choose this option. These candidates will not be given any further chance to change their option. Once locked, it will be considered as their final option. Also, such candidates will not be considered for further shift of candidates between the NLUs.
- SHIFTING: Candidates who will opt for shifting will be considered for an upward shift in the list of NLUs. They will be considered against the vacancy created due to any reason. There shall be no downward shift as per counselling procedure of CLAT 2017.
- Failure to deposit the counselling fee of INR 50,000 will result into the automatic cancellation of admission. Their names will be dropped from the merit list of CLAT 2017
- The paid sum of INR 50,000 as the counselling fee is adjustable. It will then be adjusted to the respective university, where candidates will be going to take his/her admission.
STEP 3: Publication of 2nd list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates
The second indicative list released on June 12, 2017. It will include names of candidates who have paid the counselling fee and reserved their seats in any of the NLU. These candidates are eligible for the admission process. This list will also include the waitlisted candidates.
- This list will have names of candidates who have paid the counselling fee successfully and have reserved their seat in the allotted NLU.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released in the second list who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, if any.
- The additional candidates are also required to pay the requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000 and reserve their seats within the prescribed time period as per CLAT 2017 calendar (June 13, 2017 to June 14, 2017).
- The provisionally selected candidates can withdraw from the admission process. However, a sum of INR 10,000 will be deducted from the sum of INR 50,000.
- Any withdrawal from the admission process after the stipulated period of time will result in full forfeiture of the amount.
STEP 4: Third Allocation List Publication
The 3rd allocation list published online on June 19, 2017. Again, a candidate has to visit the official website to check the list.
- A third comprehensive list will be published by CLAT 2017 office consisting candidates who have successfully paid the counselling fee and reserve their seat in respective allotted NLUs.
- This list will include the names of all candidates who have paid the counselling fee in the first and second indicative list. It will also include the name of waiting candidates whose admission will be accepted against vacancies.
- All candidates whose name is mentioned in the process must pay the counselling fee of INR 50,000 in order to reserve their seats.
STEP 5: Publication of fourth list allotting seats to candidates
The 4th seat allocation seat will release on June 24, 2017.
- The provisionally selected candidates can withdraw from the admission process within stipulated time as per the schedule. A nominal fee of INR 10,000 will be deducted from the deposited counselling fee.
- Any withdrawal after the stipulated period will result in forfeiture of entire amount of counselling fee.
- CLAT office shall publish a comprehensive fourth allotment list of candidates who have paid their counselling fee and reserved their seats in the participating NLUs.
- The comprehensive list shall include the names of candidates who have paid the fee against first, second and third indicative lists.
- Candidates whose names appear in the fourth list and who have not deposited counselling fee of INR 50,000 are required to pay full fee to allotted NLUs at the time of admission.
- The whole admission procedure can be completed within the time window of June 28 to June 30, 2017.
Completion of CLAT Admission against Fourth Allotment List
- The admission process completion time frame is from July 04, 2017 to July 06, 2017
- Candidates must report to the concerned NLU for admission against fourth allotment list.
- They are required to carry all the relevant certificates and document in original issued by the competent authority when going for admission. The documents will act like proof of authenticity and support of all the claims made by them. All the certificates will be checked in original in the universities.
- Failure to present any document or failure to prove any claim will lead to cancellation of admission. Any candidates who fails to prove any eligibility requirement or produce any document in original will not be allowed to take admission.
- Candidates seeking admission in reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/Specially Abled Person/DFF/NRI and the unreserved category candidates seeking admission under state domicile category, will be required to obtain authentic certificates/ documents from the competent authorities. They must produce all these documents at the time of admission. Without these documents, they will not be able to get admitted under any reserved category.
Read More CLAT Seat Allotment
Fee Structure of NLUs
At the time of admission procedure, candidates must be ready with their documents and the amount to be paid. All the NLUs have different amount of fee to be paid which can be checked at their official website. However, all the NLUs have different policies for the different categories. Many NLUs provide relaxation for the reserved categories.
Also, candidates taking admission under foreign nationals and NRI Candidates have to pay a different amount as their fee. Following table consists the tuition fee for undergraduate courses of all the participating National Law Universities in CLAT.
|NLU Name||Tution Fee (For General Category)|
|NUSRL, Ranchi (Semester Fee)||50,000|