CEED 2017 Result, Score Card, Admission
CEED 2017 or Common Entrance Exam for Design is conducted for admissions to postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes in Design in various IITs and IISc, Bangalore. The final CEED Result was declared on March 10, 2017. CEED 2017 Scorecard is also available on the official website of CEED 2017 i.e. ceed.iitb.ac.in. While candidates must qualify in both the parts, the Merit List of CEED 2017 will be prepared on the basis of Part B scores only. The score for CEED 2017 is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
Candidates must obtain the minimum cutoff marks to be able to get a seat in any of the CEED Participating Colleges. CEED Cut Off is different for different categories. Given below is the table showing the minimum required percentage in part A for short listing of the candidate
|Category||Minimum % of marks to be obtained in part A|
Post the CEED Counselling 2017, the selection process of CEED 2017 will choose candidates on the below factors:
- CEED Score
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
CEED 2017 Exam Dates
CEED 2017 was successfully held on January 22, 2017. The other essential CEED 2017 Exam Dates are mentioned in the table below:
|Submission of CEED Application Form 2017 with Regular Fee||October 17 – November 11, 2016|
|Submission of CEED Application Form 2017 with Late Fee||November 20, 2016|
|Availability of CEED 2017 Admit Cards||December 29, 2016|
|Last Date for Rectification of discrepancies in the Admit Card||January 9, 2017|
|CEED 2017 Exam Date||January 22, 2017|
|Release of Draft Answers Key for Part-A||January 28, 2017|
|Last Date for sending comments about draft answer key for Part-A||January 28, 2017|
|Release of final answer key for Part-A||February 2, 2017|
|Declaration of CEED Result 2017||March 10, 2017|
|Score Cards Available for Downloading||March 10, 2017|
Read details about Who stands a chance to clear CEED 2017?
CEED 2017 Result
CEED 2017 Result was declared on the official website of CEED, after evaluation of scores of both Part A and Part B in CEED 2017. IIT Bombay declared the CEED 2017 Result on March 10, 2017. CEED 2017 Score Card is also available for download. Candidates can download the CEED Score Card 2017 from the official website i.e. ceed .iitb.ac.in. The steps to check the CEED 2017 Result are given below:
- Visit the Official Website of CEED 2017 i.e. ceed .iitb.ac.in.
- Click on the link “CEED 2017 Results” (The link may have a different name, such as “Download CEED 2017 Score Card”)
- Login by providing your CEED registration id and date of birth or email id and password
- Check you result and download the CEED 2017 Score Card as a .pdf file
Candidates must follow the same steps to download CEED Score Card 2017 on the date of release of the same on the official website. The Score Card is available in PDF format with a validity of one year.
CEED 2017 Participating Colleges
CEED Participating Colleges are those institutes that will accept the CEED 2017 Score, for offering admissions to M.Des programmes and Ph.D programmes in Design. CEED is a screening test and candidates will be given admissions to the Masters of Design programmes in the institutes mentioned below. Click the Image to read details about all the CEED 2017 Participating Colleges.
CEED 2017 Registration will be separate for each of the programmes offered at CEED Participating Institutes 2017. Interested candidates are required to apply individually for admissions after the announcement of the same.
Read about CEED Participating Colleges
CEED 2017 Selection Process
Candidates who clear CEED 2017 Result with the minimum marks required qualify for the CEED 2017 Selection Process. The CEED 17 Selection Process is a three step process. Candidates have to pass through three screens for admissions to the desired programme. They have been explained below:
CEED 2017 Score Screening
The candidates are evaluated on the basis of their scores and arranged in the ascending order of their scores. The candidates ranking in the top 300 are shortlisted for DAT.
Design Aptitude Test Screening (DAT)
This test is conducted to check the designing and creative skills of the candidate.
Candidates who clear DAT for CEED 2017 Selection Process are shortlisted for the interview process. A minimum set marks must be obtained to qualify the interview round for CEED 2017. Candidates who clear the interview will be admitted to one of the CEED Participating Colleges.
Read more aboutCEED Selection Process
CEED 2017 Exam Pattern
Candidates who have successfully applied for CEED 2017 must understand the CEED 2017 Exam Pattern to start the preparations for the same. CEED 2017 Exam date is January 22, 2017. The CEED Exam is conducted in two sessions namely Part A and Part B. Candidates qualifying in Part A are eligible to appear for Part B. The Question booklet is in English Language.
As a part of the preparation, the candidates must persistently practice the CEED Practice Papers. The table below mentions the highlights about the CEED 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Part A Highlights|
|Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Objective type Questions|
|Section 1- Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||10 Questions|
|Section 2- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10 Questions|
|Section 3- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||30 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Part B Highlights|
|Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Question Type||Drawing Based Questions|
|Mandatory Question 1- Memory Drawing||Perspective Drawing of mentioned products with 2 human figures|
|Mandatory Question 2- Sketching of Ideas||5 ideas for a mind reading device|
|Mandatory Question 3- Story writing||Creative story writing using 3 words given|
|Total marks||100 marks|
CEED 2017 Suggested Books
All the aspiring candidates willing to clear CEED 2017 with excellent marks, must make sure they refer the below mentioned books during their preparation. These books help attain better knowledge of the CEED Syllabus, giving a comprehensive practice of all the topics.
- Pencil drawing techniques by David Lewis.
- Pencil drawing, a beginner’s guide by freebies4u.net.
- Perspective Drawing, a complete beginner guide by Joseph D’Amelio
- Creative problem solving by William E. Mitchell
- CEED ENTRANCE Paperback – 2016 by AFAINDIA
- CEED and NID 2017 Study Material- COMBO COURSE Paperback – 2016 by Architecture Aptitude
Read about CEED Practice Papers
CEED 2017 Courses Offered
Candidates can pursue Masters and Ph.D. programmes in design after qualifying CEED. The list of institutes offering admissions in various courses are mentioned below:
|M. Des.||IISc, Bangalore||Product Design and Engineering|
|IIT, Bombay||Industrial Design Visual Communication Animation Interaction Design Mobility and Vehicle Design|
|IIT, Delhi||Industrial Design|
|IIT, Hyderabad||Visual Design|
|PhD||IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur||Design|
CEED 2017 Admit Card
Candidates who successfully submit the CEED 2017 Application Form can download the CEED 2017 Admit Cardfrom the official website of CEED i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2017/. CEED 2017 Admit Card will be available online from December 26, 2016 onwards.
Admit Card for CEED Exam is an essential document to have on the exam day. It is certainly the single-most important requirement on the test day to get entry into a CEED Exam Center. The Admit Card contains identification information of the candidate as well as the exam center information.
CEED 2017 Exam Centers
CEED 2017 committee is responsible for allocation of the CEED 2017 Exam Center. Candidates may be allowed for a change of the CEED 2017 Exam Center if the authority allows so. Candidates are required to pay INR 500 in the form of Demand Draft in the favor of Registrar, IIT Bombay payable at Mumbai, in case of a change. The list of CEED 2017 Exam Centers is mentioned in the table below:
|Test Cities||Test Cities|
CEED 2017 Eligibility
Candidates are required to satisfy the CEED 2017 Eligibility before registering themselves. Candidates must note that the minimum age requirement to appear for CEED 2017 is 21 years. There is no upper age limit to apply for any programme through CEED 2017. The CEED 2017 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- The candidate must have pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or any equivalent 4 years programme after 10+2.
- The candidate must have obtained a Professional Diploma in Design such as NID/CEPT or any equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2
- The candidate must have passed the 4 year professional programme in Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) after 10+2
- The candidate must have pursued a 5 year programme after 10th in G.D. Art with one year post qualification professional experience
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3)
CEED 2017 Registration
CEED 2017 Registration will run fromOctober 17, 2016 till November 11, 2016.Candidates are required to upload scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph, signature in JPEG format. Candidates are required to upload their eligibility certificate, experience certificate, category certificate (for reserved candidates) and PwD certificate (if required) in PDF format. The documents to be uploaded should have a specific file name i.e. application number_filename.jpg/pdf.
The steps followed for the CEED 2017 Registration process includes Registration, Form filling and uploading documents and Fee Payment. The steps for CEED 2017 Registration Process are explained below:
Step 1 Registration
- Visit the Official Website of CEED 2017 to register
- Enter a valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Verify the e-mail ID and save the password received on the mobile number
Step 2 Form Filling and Uploading Documents
- Login using the E-mail ID and Password received.
- Enter the personal, academic and communication details in the CEED 2017 Application form
- Choose and mention 3 CEED 2017 Exam Centers.
- Upload the photograph, signature and required certificates.
- Review and click on ‘Pay fee and Submit’.
Step 3 Fee Payment
- Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process.
- Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users.
- Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process.
Read more about CEED 2017 Registration